[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /pol/ think about buddhism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 61

File: Ghandara_Buddha_Statue.jpg (211KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ghandara_Buddha_Statue.jpg
211KB, 800x800px
what does /pol/ think about buddhism
>>
it doesn't mean smoking weed and putting an om sticker on your land rover
>>
>>134202904
Act on to others, as you'd have done on to you.
>>
it's p chill
>>
File: Ubosot-in-Ayutthaya.jpg (1MB, 2675x1952px) Image search: [Google]
Ubosot-in-Ayutthaya.jpg
1MB, 2675x1952px
>>134202904
I'm Christian but if I wasn't, I would be Buddhist.
>>
>>134202904
SMASH THE STATUES AND PUT CROSSES IN THEIR PLACE
>>
>>134203356
Fpbp

>>134202904
Buddhism has some elements of wisdom but in general it is a pretty life-denying philosophy. All human experiences are stifled in their search for nirvana. And it's a pretty elitist religion as well.

My gf was raised by her therevada Buddhist Lao grandparents who were born over there. She didn't know about any of the "achieve nirvana to break free from the cycle of reincarnation" stuffuntil she met me. That's only for the monks, not for women or "peasants." She only learned about ancestor worship, praying to buddha, ect. If you think about when buddhism began in the 7th century, it's bo surprise plenty of men would take meditation and reading all day as opposed to farmwork all day.
>>
>>134203356
It pretty much does tho
>>
What Buddha actually said or the distorted sects?
>>
There are many Asians and shitskins in my country. I pray for the day this shit reaches a boiling point and the Buddhist death squads go around burning Muslims in the street.
>>
>>134203987
DEUS VULT
>>
>>134204051
SEA tree apes cannot into non-duality. Same with any culture which claims to have a known path enlightenment.
>>
File: 23rw.jpg (35KB, 300x466px) Image search: [Google]
23rw.jpg
35KB, 300x466px
>>134202904
easy to complement with Christian values.
mostly a stepping stone to Daoism imho.

why does this question get asked daily?
>>
File: 1500335936719.jpg (65KB, 947x915px) Image search: [Google]
1500335936719.jpg
65KB, 947x915px
>>134202904

red-pilled but it's too triggering for /pol/ to talk about because of some /pol/ users's sentimental attachments to Christianity

>>134203987

Rene Guenon talks about how it's mostly a trait of the Semites to be obsessively iconoclastic. Iconoclasm arises in cultures where the people are dull enough to confuse statues of gods for the actual god or the metaphysical teaching behind the doctrine and so iconoclasm arises in Semitic cultures as sort of an immune response to help preserve the orthodoxy of the traditional teachings.

Aryans are not retarded though and have no need for it.

>>134204051
>but in general it is a pretty life-denying philosophy

That's one of the most common misconceptions about Buddhism. In fact, when informed people practice it's teachings they often feel liberated and blissful as opposed to nihilistic or life-denying. There isn't really anything life-denying about Buddhism, it's more concerned with merely observing and understanding the nature of the mind.
>>
File: BLAZED.webm (2MB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
BLAZED.webm
2MB, 740x720px
>>134202904

Religion of smoking weed and chilling.
>>
>>134205073
no, it's a stepping stone to (chinese) zen, which expresses some of the same ideas of philosophical daoism. daoism itself is too broad a category and usually involves gods and shit. zen tells you to burn your gods.
>>
>>134205307

It's been documented that for hundreds of years many Vajrayana sects did in fact use a sacramental drink
>>
>>134205318
I am not sure what you understand about Daoism.. have you even read the Daodejing? literally no mention of God(s) whatsoever

Maybe you think Daoism is something else. Like many eastern phil some would argue it is a philosophical belief system (for the state) and less of a religion
>>
>>134204139
this
>>
>>134202904
Spent 4 years training in Zen Buddhist monasteries. Love meditation. Hate normie western Buddhist philosophizers. 10/10, will mu again.
>>
>>134205627
Dao De Jing and Zhuangzi are philosophical Daoism, but as practiced, religious Daoism is much more prevalent and involves all sorts of local gods and beliefs in the supernatural. Taking philosophical Daoism as a way of life would be pretty similar to Zen.
>>
File: white tara.jpg (107KB, 650x727px) Image search: [Google]
white tara.jpg
107KB, 650x727px
>>134202904
the one true religion
>>
>>134205791
what lineage of Zen do you follow? what do you think about the importance of reading collections like the blue cliff record, book of serenity, and the mumonkan as part of zen practice?
>>
Has meditation and or mindfulness helped anyone with anxiety or depression here? But more specifically generalized or social anxiety. Real question
>>
File: 1491968516116.png (252KB, 576x334px) Image search: [Google]
1491968516116.png
252KB, 576x334px
>>134202904
That it isn't best discussed on edgy and cynical boards like /pol/, especially when most don't know anything about it beyond what they've seen in dirty west coast hippes. Also what's with all the buddhism threads lately?
>>
>>134205871
I see what you are saying thanks for the clarification. I am a white faced wide eyed devil so I have not had the opportunity of visiting an actual traditional shrine or temple for Daoism.

I have only read what I read and taken it in that way, so yes I do try to practice it philosophically and complement the other belief systems I previously had.
>>
>>134205791
what is the meaning of Bodhidharma coming from the west?
other than mu
>>
>>134206183
because of the mass awakening. More and more people are waking up inside the matrix and realizing the parallels with Buddhism
>>
>>134206174

yes. if you take it seriously it does wonders. better than any medication you get. it's a shame doctors don't promote it more.
>>
File: wtfilovebuddhismnow.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wtfilovebuddhismnow.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>134202904
A peaceful religion.
>>
File: 降魔成道_m.jpg (235KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
降魔成道_m.jpg
235KB, 800x600px
>>134204051
>life denying
so you don't age? theres not one thing that is immortal and can escape death, its simply a universal truth that all things come to end. The only that thing buddhism stifles is unnesscary delusions and actions that lead to your downfall. In the end buddha even says to throw away buddhism itself when you're done being enlightened and come back if you need its help again. its the least dogmatic and practical religion there can be.

>>134205307
total misconception, centering your life on a drugs and laziness is what buddhism teaches you not to do.
>>
Daily reminder that Zen """""Buddhists""""" are just weed smoking hippie degenerates. The only real Buddhists are Theravada.

t. Theravada Buddhist
>>
>>134206503
what don't you like about weed? it's pretty good bro.
>>
Actual buddhism seems pretty cool. Seems it's been subverted (at least in the west) into this new-age hippie bullshit that edgy "I'm spiritual but not religious :^)" rebellious teenagers use as a "fuck you" to their parents and turning it into some marxist social justice cult or something.

Also, reminder that the original Buddha was said to have blue eyes, and was from of Scythian descent. We wuz buddhas n shit, senpai.
>>
>>134206081
I trained primarily in the White Plum tradition (mixture of Rinzai and Soto). 6 hours of Zazen a day for 4 years.
Koan study can be fruitful but isn't for everyone. Most people try to turn it into philosophical contemplation and it's not. Sitting is the most important. Reading scripture's only purpose is to inspire a person to sit, once that happens you shut the book and completely forget everything you ever heard about the mind or reality. That being said I studied a lot of texts, but kept away from the koan curriculum because I wasn't doing it formally with a teacher (actual koan study is done on the cushion and is not intellectual at all). Though taking Bodhidharma's "bring me your mind and I'll pacify it for you" literally brought about some of the most potent liberation in my everyday life as well as ease in Zazen. So yeah it's kind of a mix. Though the most important is sitting, which is all I do these days. That and read Huineng.
>>
>>134206174
Yes, and no. I practice mindfulness constantly, and it hasn't decreased my socially anxiety, only made me more aware of it and sensitive to what triggers it. Actual autismo though, so meditation will never 'cure' my natural tendencies, and I am perfectly ok with that
>>
>>134206503
that's because the already degenerate Japanese form of Zen is what was introduced in the west by hippies.
original Chinese zen is much more serious and is not conducive to drugs, autohypnosis, and deluding yourself
>>
>>134206189
>what is the meaning of Bodhidharma coming from the west?

Greek-ruled central Asia was the recipient of the first Buddhist missionaries.

Many thousands of Greeks living through present-day Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iran/Turkmenistan etc converted to Buddhism and there were large monastic communities.

There is some evidence that Greeks/Scythians/central asians were influential in the doctrinal development of Mahayana Buddhism

Bodhidharma was described as basically a white person. He was probably either of some Indo-Euro stock like Scythian or possibly Greek.

White people brought Buddhism to China.
>>
>>134206189
He used his body.
>>
Buddhists are bro-tier and really cool.

Too bad Ameritards like to talk shit about them because leftist hipsters like to pretend they're Buddhists themselves.
>>
>>134202904
Tibetan Buddhism and generally any esoteric path is amazing. All other kinds are boring as fuck.
>>
>>134202904
What's up with /pol/'s love for some poo in loo religion?
>>
>>134206503
Fuck off you hinayana scum.
>>
>>134206757
that anecdote of Bodhidharma is one thing I mention when talking about Zen with people who know nothing about it. Love it.
you're right, studying texts is an easy way to lose sight of what's right in front of you if it becomes too much of an obsession.
>>
File: 814a6QzFyUL.jpg (314KB, 1378x2050px) Image search: [Google]
814a6QzFyUL.jpg
314KB, 1378x2050px
>>134206189
>>134206935

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism
>>
>>134206503
j/k hugs and kisses
>>
>>134206490
No, life-denying meaning condeming existence as suffering and longing for what lies beyond. Some parts of christianity are life-denying in this regard.

Read some Schopenhauer
>>
>>134206463
When not burning Muslims in the street, not that that's a bad thing.
>>
>>134206189
Of all the koans I have read, this one has been the most difficult to transcend. I have experienced glimpses of the solution, but have since forgotten
>>
>>134206490
> theres not one thing that is immortal and can escape death,
Untrue.
> its simply a universal truth that all things come to end.
Also untrue.
>>
>>134202904
Spiritual suicide
>>
>>134207316
You don't know how right you are.
>>
>>134202904
Hinduism for Plebs
>>
>>134207182
Self-defense.
>>
>>134206935
bro....that's just a common question in zen. "What is the meaning of Bodhidharma coming from the west?" the most famous answer is "the oak tree in the garden."
but of course Bodhi D came from Central Asia. He could have been Persian, though, or some kind of Turk. Chinese didn't really have a good concept of where India began and ended geographically.
>>
>>134202904
How is it even lossible for a westerner to "get into" buddhism? What books do you read? I mean genuine buddhism too, not new age gay shit.
>>
>>134207316
care to explain?
>>
File: Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Sankaracharya.jpg (480KB, 705x958px) Image search: [Google]
Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Sankaracharya.jpg
480KB, 705x958px
>>134207064

Buddhism and Hinduism are closer to ancient Aryan thought than Christianity.

Judaism adopted most of the major doctrines of Zoroastrianism after the Persians conquered Babylon and the Jews became the Persians subjects. The standard practice for the Persians was to remake the religion of their subjects in the frame of Zoroastrianism.

Christianity is itself basically a heterodox branch of Judaism so it's like a twice distorted version of the original Aryan Zoroastrianism. The connection to genuine Aryan wisdom with Hinduism and Buddhism is a lot more direct and less distorted.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>134206490
>theres not one thing that is immortal and can escape death, its simply a universal truth that all things come to end.
>>
>>134202904

meditation is good shit, says youre wholly responsible for your lifes happiness.
>>
>>134207474
It's just meditation which is basically mental discipline and cultivating concentration on what's actually happening in the present moment. Don't worry about studying buddhist philosophy or texts and just practice meditation for 10 or 20 minutes here and there, turning away from your addiction to thinking about fantasies of the past or future and focusing what is actually happening in the physical moment.
>>
>>134207382
What do you think of Krsna Consciousness?

I was stopped by an Indian man in the street who said he would "give" me these books for a "donation" to his temple. So I bought two books from the International Society of Krishna Consciousness off him. Is that a sect of hinduism or what.
>>
>>134207490
Its true from both perspectives:
From Christian perspective: Absence and rebellion against God, our heavenly Father.
From Buddhist perspective: Escape life (that is source of all suffering according to them), never be born again (they recognize reincarnation) and be in state of eternal unconsciousness.
>>
>>134202904
They make cool statues
would live in a buddhism styled apartment
>>
>>134207660
One of the books you bought from him is the Bhagavad Gita commented on by their Swami Prabhupada. That book is part of the Hindu epic the Mahabharata, so yes it's a form of Hinduism.
>>
>>134207437

Oh, I didn't know, I was sorta confused because it seemed like a weird way to ask where Bodhidharma came from and who he was.

>He could have been Persian, though, or some kind of Turk

He is referred as "The Blue-Eyed Barbarian" (碧眼胡) in Chinese
>>
File: Chink.png (74KB, 370x379px) Image search: [Google]
Chink.png
74KB, 370x379px
>>134202904
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-canonical_Buddhist_texts

SINK
THE
CHINKS
>>
File: jb.gif (178KB, 764x511px) Image search: [Google]
jb.gif
178KB, 764x511px
>>134202904
I think like most things, its teachings are totally corrupted by (((them)))

a fallacious example is that its commonly taught in western buddhism that "there is no god" when there are stories of several Buddhas who have direct correspondence with God
>>
>>134207862
>碧眼胡
that's true.
>>
>>134207798
> Escape life (that is source of all suffering according to them), never be born again (they recognize reincarnation) and be in state of eternal unconsciousness.

you are wrong. It is about obliterating the ego. What is left is not unconscious. It is beyond categorization. It is what we all are, what everything is, always has bee and always will be. Also, never really at all
>>
>>134207862
The questions meaning is typically along the lines of "Why do you do anything?"
>>
>>134207660
Nope it's kike subversion, they repackage Christianity in the Geeta their translations are outright wrong they even go to the extent of calling other Indian gods demons
>>134207861
No its not
>>
A noble path. The Tipitaka is.
>>
>>134208051
what's not what?
>>
>>134207861
Not quite. You got the Prabhupada part right though. I got one basically "what is dharma" book and another one called " the science of self-realization."

Im asking because it seems different from other hindu stuff I have read, which is pretty much the Upanishads
>>
>>134202904
too much magical bullshit in buddhism (karma nirvana etc.) just like in every religion
>>
>>134206428
Perhaps because it doesn't work much better than placebo aside from maybe making you more aware of triggers as the previous autist mentioned..
>>
>>134208164
not in chinese zen. it teaches to do away with all such conceptions.
>>
>>134208164
>posts on a board that practices meme magic with proven results
>>
>>134207798

>Escape life (that is source of all suffering according to them), never be born again (they recognize reincarnation) and be in state of eternal unconsciousness.

That's a misconception, it's not about "escaping life and suffering" but rather about awakening to the true nature of reality and rising to a level where you are not affected by trivial things and live blissfully at all moments.

The notion of Buddhism being regarded during the time of it's birth as a "super important emergency way to get off the ride of existence" is the completely wrong view. The focus in Buddha's teachings was that one should become enlightened in this life to bring about the end of suffering, to become aware of how things really are, to live blissfully etc. The ending of rebirth is just seen as the natural result that follows when one's fetters are cut.
>>
>>134208111
The translations by iskon are wrong so if you consider wrong translation of a religious texts book as a sect of that religion sure iskon is a part of Hinduism but according to me they are not a part of Hinduism
>>
>>134208164
In some traditions yeah. Zen Buddhism typically they throw that shit out (Zen literally just means meditation). One of the most famous zen masters was asked what happens when we die. He said he didn't know. They asked how he couldn't, he was this enlightened master. He said, "because I haven't died yet."
>>
>>134208164
Of course your commie ass thinks that.
>>
>>134208035
>you are wrong. It is about obliterating yourself.
FTFY
>>
>>134208275
This
>>
>>134208268
what you end up with, as an end result, is literally magic. Infinite quantum potential.
>>
>>134208356
do you find the idea that Jesus Christ and his prophecies can be found in the Vedic Scriptures to be ridiculous?
>>
>>134208128
the boundaries of Hinduism, like a lot of religions, can be fuzzy. they worship Kṛṣṇa, who is a god in the Hindu context, and their main book (the Gita) as I said comes from one of the two great Hindu epics. So it's a splinter cell of Hinduism that is all about singing, being vegetarian, pushing books on college campuses, and of course stalking ex members threateningly.
>>
File: HitlerBuddha-low-res.jpg (436KB, 657x822px) Image search: [Google]
HitlerBuddha-low-res.jpg
436KB, 657x822px
>>134206174
>>134206428
many psychological problems can be solved by practicing buddhism. Schizophrenia, bipolar, social anxiety to name a few can easily be overcome.

Historically in buddhist countries like Japan the mentally deranged were made to meditate at a temple until they were cured.

Only recently the mental disorder mechanism was uncovered with neuroscience but buddhism seemed to have already figured it out. Modern medicine essentially tries to sedate you so you don't react to the chemical reactions within the body causing the anxiety causing it to fade away overtime.

The buddhist solution is almost the same except you refrain from reacting to anxiety with sheer willpower alone (meditation) and help you realize even the body is against you and needs to be controlled and regulated. In the end you've improved your mental resilience and don't need to depend on drugs.

Psychologists and drug companies would rather have you become dependent on them than tell you a completely free solution available to anyone.
>>
Buddhists make the mistake of thinking that feeling good is being good. They don't realize that the universe doesn't revolve around them, ironically. Otherwise they would realize that nothing is going to change just because of the way that you think.
>>
>>134208472
Yes very very ridiculous
>>
>>134208349

that is what I meant, the problem with any of this is that when discussing it we run into a the limitations of language.
>>
>>134208307
Its about annihilating yourself and achieving absolute """emptiness""", cessation of all works, actions and so on and so forth, absolute sterility and absolute destruction
End of the story.
>>
File: krishna.jpg (25KB, 214x256px) Image search: [Google]
krishna.jpg
25KB, 214x256px
>>134207958
>a fallacious example is that its commonly taught in western buddhism that "there is no god" when there are stories of several Buddhas who have direct correspondence with God

If you have the idea that Buddha was actually theistic or something and his teaching was corrupted you are wrong.

The scriptural evidence generally indicates that Buddha thoughts on god(s) were that he denied the existence of 1 ultimate all powerful all-pervading god (such as brahman) and when asked about the lesser deities and spirits etc he said that if they existed they would be subject to the same laws of rebirth and karma as all other living things.

He taught that focusing/worshiping on the gods was not important and that one should instead focus one's concentration on furthering your own spiritual progress.
>>
>>134208681
Well that's a very lovely thing to try, isnt it?

>"Which long for death, but it cometh not; and dig for it more than for hid treasures;"
>>
>>134208680
hey raaam ki kore eirom bolcho
just joking bhai it's a laugh, everyone knows if Christ had visited Hindustan he would have gotten addicted to that lamb korma and never went back to Galilee
>>
>>134202904

not as insidious as the (((Abrahamic))) religions but like most eastern religions are to promote an ineffectual cuck mindset

"the key to enlightenment and freedom from sorrow is to give up your earthly desires!" = don't do anything to stand up against your feudal masters keeping you as serfs, let the emperors guards rape your wife and pretend not to care since that's your best option
>>
File: 935e59d8d7e3fa80.jpg (138KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
935e59d8d7e3fa80.jpg
138KB, 1000x635px
>>134203646
check'd

well, actually I would be jewish, but I like Buddhists even more than Jews I guess, im not sure
>>
>>134208914
Durr bada
>>
File: vedd.jpg (70KB, 736x792px) Image search: [Google]
vedd.jpg
70KB, 736x792px
>>134208680
well buddy, you're going to be in for a real shock if you investigate the matter for yourself.
>>
>>134208930
actually, a believing Buddhist shouldn't marry in the first place, for it already puts him in attachment of earthly things.
>>
File: Spiffy Gondola.jpg (207KB, 627x749px) Image search: [Google]
Spiffy Gondola.jpg
207KB, 627x749px
>>134208638
Your statement was enlightening. I am done with cannabis now. I will sit until I fulfill my damma.
>>
File: ramana-stare.jpg (116KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ramana-stare.jpg
116KB, 830x1200px
>>134208718

If you want to delude yourself in believing that than sure go right ahead but you are only cutting yourself off from genuine wisdom.

Almost any accredited and knowledgeable expert on buddhism, academic or buddhist abbot etc would tell you otherwise and explain that you have it wrong.

I wonder how much your motivation in posting that is based on trying to convince yourself as opposed to people in this thread.
>>
>>134209143
too much magical bullshit
>>
>>134208718
Emptiness in Buddhism is not emptiness in a negative connotation. Emptiness is being in a house with nothing in it, and no fear of it being broken into.
>>
>>134209143
I've read the Vedas and the Bible, they rave about soma in one of the Vedas, was Chirst Trippin balls too?
>>
>>134208322
Sankhya Yoga chapter:
sri-bhagavan uvaca
anasritah karma-phalam
karyam karma karoti yah
sa sannyasi ca yogi ca
na niragnir na cakriyah

ISKCON translation:
The Blessed Lord said:
One who is unattached to the fruits of his work
and who works as he is obligated
is in the renounced order of life,
and he is the true mystic:
not he who lights no fire and performs no work.

I know Sanskrit, and this is perfectly correct as a translation.
>>
>>134208718
the thing is, after this is 'achieved' there still is a human being left, one that has seen through the illusion. The cycle starts again, there is no final nirvana. Emptiness itself is empty. Only that particular ego at the time is dissolved, new ones will arise simply from the act of the human being breathing and chemical reactions in the brain producing thoughts, including thoughts of self. Unless your goal is to cease this thought production process altogether (many think it is) and you dedicate your life to this as monks do... This is a huge waste in my opinion
>>
>>134206503
Cuck
>he isnt vajrayana
>>
>>134209438
I can read sanskrit too smart ass they actually do misrepresent the Geeta, you do realize they call Shiva a deamon right
>>
>>134209179
again, only true for someone that has not awakened yet and would be hindered by attachments. An awakened man would have the choice of going down that path, having seen the true nature of reality
>>
>>134209711
No true scotsman fallacy.
>>
>>134207286

not an argument
>>
File: fe511b3be95ba105eff6590f92d036.jpg (41KB, 338x455px) Image search: [Google]
fe511b3be95ba105eff6590f92d036.jpg
41KB, 338x455px
>>134208930
>"the key to enlightenment and freedom from sorrow is to give up your earthly desires!"

That's not it thought, it's instead about understanding the nature of desire and how it arises, what it's consequences are, how it affects the mind etc.

When you develop a sophisticated understanding of desire based on the eastern teachings it can allow you to live life more blissfully without being bothered by trivial bullshit.

There are multiple levels of implications for these teachings. Of course if you go full-bhikku and renounce your possessions and take up the begging bowl you are giving up on desires so to speak but there is also the level where laypeople just go about their lives with a better understanding of how desire works that helps them live more blissfully and harmoniously.
>>
>>134209660
I don't know about that, but that doesn't mean it isn't a form of Hinduism. you might not think it's ""true"" hinduism, but anthropologically and taxonomically it is, even if there are fundamental disagreements with other sects.
>>
>>134207142
schopenhauer was a cuck. nietzsche or nothing faggots
>>
>>134209375
>>
>>134206738
Yeah well most of those liberals don’t know shit about suffering. They think because they where spoiled as a young age, they have suffered because their parents nourished them and gave them materialistic success. They just want to fit in to being a 3rd world country. Most of these kids won’t know about happiness till they enjoy the process of suffering. No one wants a 9-5 job, but if you enjoy the suffering, it makes time fly by. All these SJW liberals need are hardwork and some suffering so they can realize that the world ain’t that bad where they live. They are privileged themselves and they hate to acknowledge it.
>>
>>134209859
I don't quite understand. Are you saying that I was using the logical fallacy, or the person I was talking too?
>>
>>134209967
Kee bolchis bada, they are a total scam I've read their books they are the very definition of subversion and no one in India takes them seriously
>>
>>134210007
>schopenhauer was a cuck. nietzsche or nothing faggots

Fucking bitch nigga crying over fucking horse, how can that be real? lmao nigga just like walk away nigga don't look at the horse getting beat
>>
>>134210112
>>
>>134202904
creepy demon infested religion, but everyone thinks its A-OK. fed me gross old food from an idol and made me sick, wouldn't bow to their idols in a buddhist temple so some weird old asian man came and tried to convert my girlfriend and started calling me a demon and wouldn't let us leave. (she bowed in their idol sanctuary, i didn't so it gave them power i guess) their idols are demonic, their chants are demonic, it's such a dark religion, suffocating blackness exists within their halls. An evil religion skating by with 'peaceful' pretenses. Never been treated well by a Buddhist. Steer clear.
>>
>>134210298
Terrance McKenna?
>>
>>134206759
Some here, I have to say though that I have experienced mystical states where the anxiety has diminished temporarily with meditation. I know that meditation works, but just don’t know how to get into those states at will, just happens. I know it takes time, so be patient and enjoy the process. Check out a bhuddist temple nearby or go to a retreat. They take cheap donations and teach you how to meditate.
>>
>>134210409
Yes the original gau rakshak (cow protector)
>>
>>134210225
I don't take them seriously, I know they're a cult. that's not my point. all i'm saying, bada, is that you can't just decide something doesn't belong in a category if you don't like it for ideological reasons. It's like how Sunnis will say Shi'as aren't really Muslim. it's just their ideology, and they aren't being objective.
>>
>>134209375
the Rig Veda has all the same rules for animal sacrifice and is done for the remission of Sin, all the rules match the old testament, and Jesus Christ meets every single rule to both scriptures.

Bhavishya Mahapurana book 3 chapter 2 verse 34

He is also most likely Prajapati.

I think you're letting steve andersons ignorant take on the hindu scriptures cloud your understanding.
>>
File: Sadhguru.jpg (199KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sadhguru.jpg
199KB, 900x900px
Stop identifying with your mind.
>>
File: tumblr_njygg2s1uM1qlq9poo7_500.jpg (206KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njygg2s1uM1qlq9poo7_500.jpg
206KB, 469x750px
Start here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqhBSEbitutsUiMhBqIjJN534X2W-TQHD
>>
>>134210140
You insinuated that he was wrong exclusively because you imagine that a "better" Buddhist could just circumvent the issue he mentioned. You didn't actually explain how having a wife doesn't constitute a worldly attachment.
>>
>>134210591
where is this "you" and what "mind" does it identify with?
>>
>>134210526
I don't know why I'm laughing so hard at that, aside from my taking a course on India that mentioned the Cow Riots of the 1920's.
>>134210591
Stop mind.
>>
>>134207958
Yeah especially when you get into some heavy mysticism. Look up Tibetan demon statues. Most likely they hit some mystical transcendence lsd type state.
>>
>>134210813
and then look up the tantric vajrayana rituals like guru-student semen exchange.
>>
>>134210532
No I am not and their are 4 Vedas where are yagyas in Christianity
>>134210530
Well its an interesting way to look towards them but naming the kike is important so I'll always name them and they do have very subversive translation I can recite the Geeta for crying out loud
>>
>>134202904
pic related: The Making of Buddhist Modernism is a good introductory presentation of how what people think is buddhism isn't really buddhism at all.
It's an academic work and doesn't address Buddhism's subversion by the Jews, but it's still a useful work.

Jews have thoroughly subverted it to make a palatable product for western consumers.

>what is presented today in America as Buddhism is already more Jewish than it is Buddhist
For once a Jew tells the truth: http://archive.is/QXcko

See also The Jewish Roots of Mindfulness: http://archive.is/TcohV

As usual the Jews are overrepresented in Buddhist publishing and translation work.
Shamhbala, the largest buddhist publishing company is Jew owned/controlled.
Bhikku Bodhi, one of the most profilic translators is Jewish
etc.,

However with study, you can weed out the garbage. But it takes a lot of work - it's really been distorted.
It's not at all what it appears in the popular imagination.
>>
>>134210448
I need access to these states much more regularly than this. I play a highly competitive sport that requires supreme concentration and calm under pressure. I don't use a sitting meditation, for one I can't be bothered, and also I have learned to 'shut down' the thought stream at will to enter a meditative anywhere at any time. It is just a case of remembering to do this, which is where I constantly fuck up
>>
>>134210408
That sounds like evangelical copypasta and "god made this believers truck move without an engine" kind of falsehoods.
If not, then hell either western bhuddists are beyond crap or the asians wanted to shoo you out Asap.
Got treated incredible well in Thailand (No I never fucked one.) by some deepy pious people.
>>
File: serveimage-1.jpg (137KB, 1020x678px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-1.jpg
137KB, 1020x678px
>>134203356
wait, what?
>>
>>134210942
Where do Jews come into Buddhism?
>>
>>134210648
It does constitute a worldly attachment. I am saying that for the awakened man, this doesn't matter, as he may choose to participate in the world and allow himself to have worldly attachments
>>
>>134208638
Psychologists have nothing to do with pharma I think you mean psychiatrists,
Secondly modern mental health science is palliative at best there are no cures for literally anything there's treatment which may or may not result in some form of remission most of what you say is scientifically inaccurate, while meditation/mindfulness and the like may improve states most of what you claim is incorrect there are no cures for anything specially schizophrenia, a person undergoing a psychotic break down who recovers does not have schizophrenia. Again most of this is bullshit.
>>
>>134211114
Yet that's just the same thing. How would a "true" Buddhist not be hindered by what would hinder absolutely everybody else? You're just making excuses.
>>
>>134210920
There is some tribe in Africa that does the same. Boys have to give blow jobs, and swallow the essence of a man to become men.
>>
>>134210942

That's interesting, and the thesis is totally correct. Evola's book on Buddhism says the same thing about most modern scholarship. A few thing she come to mind about modern misconceptions...
1) Buddha straight up said "my doctrine is ONLY for Aryan men." He repeatedly rebuked women, and preached to the ariya.
2) Modern scholars claim that "Aryan" as it appears in Pali scriptures does not contain a racial component. They translate it as "noble." This is a half-truth. It does indeed mean "Noble," but it also refers specifically to Aryans, as in the racial group which invaded the Aryan subcontinent sometime in the 2nd millennium BC.
3) Modern scholars teach that nirvana is an active renunciation of life as pain. This is an extremely superficial interpretation of a doctrine that was really more active than passive.
>>
Reminder of Julius Evola's writings on the subject:
https://www.counter-currents.com/2013/06/spiritual-virility-in-buddhism/
http://cnqzu.com/library/Philosophy/neoreaction/Julius%20Evola/The%20Doctrine%20of%20Awakening.pdf
Meditation Handbook: http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
Also, guided audio meditations for those so inclined: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
>>
>>134211409
Invaded the INDIAN subcontinent I mean
>>
>>134210675
Your mind is what answers the question "who are you"

Consciousness is awareness
>>
>>134211409
You do realize Buddism main aim was to get rid of the caste system in Hinduism right?
>>
>>134207182
If you like peace, killing muslims makes sense
>>
>>134210932
in the gnostic gospels.

the yagya in itself is the sacrifice of the son of god to mankind. the idea that God is willing to sacrifice himself out of love for your transgressions and karma should not be too impossible of a thought for you.

>>134210813
>Tibetan demon statues
i prefer the tibetan prayer wheels
>>
File: th.jpg (15KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
15KB, 201x300px
>>134203356
Kek, fpbp

Also it's mad redpilled in its original form.

It was literally called "The Way of the Aryans" in its original form (or at least in the oldest extant texts).

Pls no we wuz, this is legit

http://merlinuk.co.uk/julius/evola/julius_evola_doctrine_of_awakening_pdf.pdf
>>
>>134211594

Wrong, it was a condemnation of the overreaching power of the brahmins, a sort of revolt of the kshatriyas (which Buddha was) against the effete and degenerated priestly caste. Buddha condemned the caste system in its degenerated state, not the caste system as such. Aren't you required to learn this in school in India?
>>
>>134210950
>>134210448
Also to add to this.... I'm a bizarre human being. There is an awakened consciousness residing inside a physically autistic brain. Autism physically produces certain chemical reactions and therefore mental states when stimulated by the environment. It can't be overcome by any amount of spiritual discipline, nor should that be the case. This does mean that I 'slip' from higher to lower realms of consciousness depending on what environment I place myself in. This is the challenge
>>
>>134211809
What they teach in a modern Indian school is likely as bad as what they teach in ours. It's all about indoctrination.
>>
File: pic10.jpg (36KB, 265x335px) Image search: [Google]
pic10.jpg
36KB, 265x335px
>>134210532
>all the rules match the old testament

Hinduism and Christianity are both the doctrinal descendants of the traditional teachings of the proto-indo Europeans/Aryans, Christianity through Judaism which is largely based on Zoroastrianism.

If there is any similarity between the OT and the Rig-Veda the most likely explanation is the passages were the result of Zoroastrian influence and those specific ideas in Zoroastrianism originated far back enough in time before Zoroastrianism and Hinduism both developed away from the original Aryan teachings and that as a result the same passages are found in the OT and Rig-Veda.

There is very little evidence for any semitic/jewish travel to or influence in the Indian sub-continent before the classical eta.
>>
>>134211594
Please read this: Buddhism: An Atheistic and Anti-Caste Religion? http://web.uni-frankfurt.de/irenik/relkultur50.pdf
>>
>>134211809
>not the caste system as such
Stop we wuzing, buddha gave up everything to attain enlightenment why would his doctrine only apply to 'aryans', and we are taught Buddism as a aspect of history not as a religion
>>
>>134211364
I am saying, that once you awake, there is no hindrance. There is no need to fear attachments, Buddhist or non Buddhist, so long as you recognize them for what they are. Can most people do this? probably not. Can some? sure
>>
>>134211043
Everywhere in its presentation in the West. They're overrepresented as teachers in the West.
Read the linked articles.

A lot of their subversion is for the purpose of making a product to sell.

They're not the only element that has distorted Buddhism though. That book I mentioned is pretty decent intro.

One day when I get some time I'd like to a bit of a better presentation.
A lot of factors are involved.
>>
>>134210950
What helps is homing or keep repeating a word that has a humming sound. Instead of focusing on the breathing your focusing on the word. It’s still putting you in the moment and helping you concentrate. It’s kind of like mental standards, instead you are not writing it. Remember thats how you where brainwashed in school. “I will not talk when the teacher is talking...”, so instead make positive affirmations like “i love my anxiety” or “anxiety is love” that way you are giving the negative emotion a positive aspect and it gets stored subconsciously. This is a technique that has diminished a majority of my anxiety. I do occasionally get those times of panic, but doing this helps.
>>
>>134208638

Meditation improves your neural connections; The frontal cortex actually weighs heavier after a month of meditation.
>>
>>134212012
Are you actually linking me to an article by the frankfurt school? And no Buddism is not atheist in nature it's just that the definition of God is different
>>
>>134210920
>tantric vajrayana rituals like guru-student semen exchange

That was not necessarily a sexual thing although of course there was sex in some sects of tantra/vajrayana. As far as I understand it the idea was more about aiding the participant in abandoning dualistic notions of purity/dirtiness for the purposes of helping them reach the non-duality of enlightenment faster.
>>
>>134206503
>theravada
lmao what a pleb
>>
>>134210942
I was pretty sure Shambhala, Wisdom, etc were Soto controlled...?
>>
>>134212353
I think you'll find Frankfurt may have changed since the 1950s, Pajeet. Read this too, Dickshit: http://koenraadelst.blogspot.com/2012/05/buddha-and-caste.html
Or perhaps you can't read?
>>
>>134212232
That's why it's a fallacy. The argument relies exclusively on the prestige of this one "enlightened" group without any explanation whatsoever as to how they would circumvent these problems. It's non-reason.
>>
File: numbers1.jpg (97KB, 728x633px) Image search: [Google]
numbers1.jpg
97KB, 728x633px
>>134211989
>Christianity through Judaism which is largely based on Zoroastrianism.

I know for a fact this is largely wrong. post source or stop making things up.

>There is very little evidence for any semitic/jewish travel to or influence in the Indian sub-continent before the classical eta.

apart from the Paleo-hebrew?

i hope you come to understand there are ways to prove the old testament has an origin outside of space-time, and these same methods can be applied to the vedic scriptures to prove the same thing.

>If there is any similarity between the OT and the Rig-Veda the most likely explanation is the passages were the result of Zoroastrian influence and those specific ideas in Zoroastrianism originated far back enough in time before Zoroastrianism and Hinduism both developed away from the original Aryan teachings and that as a result the same passages are found in the OT and Rig-Veda.

unless every writer of the OT is the worlds greatest mathematician that all conspired to keep the same mathematical properties and patterns over the course of a thousand years than this is also wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Panin

I honestly feel like you're just making things up out of ignorance because "muh jews are bad" meme.
>>
>>134205318
Correct.
>>
>>134212360
yeah, you're right.
>>
>>134210942
>Bhikku Bodhi, one of the most profilic translators is Jewish

I've heard great things about his work though? Are you saying that his work is poor and/or that it's because he's a jew?

>>134210950

Attend a S.N. Goenka Vipassana meditation retreat, they are located all over the world including in Australia I believe. They are 100% run by donation, you get free vegetarian food and free lodging for the duration of the stay as long as you actually follow the rules and participate in the meditation sessions.
>>
>>134211972
I wouldn’t say meditation cures autism but I do believe it’s a form of consciousness. I will have to say that I’ve seen my friend who has aspergers become better. So I Am assuming that aspergers is right below baseline sobriety.
>>
Why don't we have a Buddha-chan to complement Christ-chan?
>>
>>134212549
Ok, so this article says buddha did not remove the caste system, they forget the part where Buddism has no caste system, yes that was his angle and you are linking me to a blog post what's its gonna be next WordPress?
>>
File: uma delicia.jpg (73KB, 922x867px) Image search: [Google]
uma delicia.jpg
73KB, 922x867px
>>134211704
>The Way of the Aryans

That's like cows having a religion.

https://archive.fo/hRd2u

>Hillary Clinton sided with Russia on sanctions as Bill made $500G on Moscow speech

https://archive.fo/BI4PA

>Germany’s Merkel Defends Russian Gas Pipeline Plan
>>
>>134212980
Because she would be invisible.
>>
>>134211409

>1) Buddha straight up said "my doctrine is ONLY for Aryan men." He repeatedly rebuked women, and preached to the ariya.

He turned away women at first but later admitted them into the monastic orders.

>3) Modern scholars teach that nirvana is an active renunciation of life as pain. This is an extremely superficial interpretation of a doctrine that was really more active than passive.

No they don't lol. That's just the misconception of people who have not studied Buddhism. Among actual academics, Asian and western, who have studied the texts and can read the languages none of them say that.

There are many qualified experts in the US and the west in general currently employed at major universities who can read and translated Buddhist/Hindu texts. They are the actual "modern scholars" and not the Alan Watts type figures. Stop confusing the self help-new agey types for the actual academics, of whom there are actually many.
>>
File: buddhist_fidget_spinner.jpg (44KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
buddhist_fidget_spinner.jpg
44KB, 600x466px
>>134208164
depends on which buddhist sect you're talking about. The original buddhism has barely any superstition, even the buddha says to not believe in magical beliefs, avoid religious festivals, he even went further to say to not create statues and symbols in his image.

What happened was that overtime when Islam was taking over India, and hinduism was gaining popularity they had to come up with autistic stories and gods to convince people not to ditch buddhism. (tulpa comes from esoteric buddhism btw)

Esoteric buddhism with all the magical shit is more fun though, it teachs you how to summon deities and make hand signs that help you be stronger. They made gods and rituals out of each of buddha's major philosophies and added deeper lore (like stories from before the timeline of Siddartha). Instead of simply meditating and reciting the text they have you act it out through rituals and art. All of these things essentially help you remember the original buddha text better.
>>
>>134212572

hmm I see. Interesting.
The way of circumventing the problem would be to wake up, but in order for that to happen, one must first undergo some sort of practice to achieve this. A person must also first realize they are asleep in order to take steps towards waking up, which is another problem. That is why I will say this. When a person is asleep/dreaming, they do not realize. Until they become lucid/wake up within the dream. This is an instantaneous/near instantaneous realization. That is why I personally favor the 'sudden awakening' schools over the 'gradual awakening' schools. You either suddenly wake up, or you do not, ultimately
>>
>>134213262
thank you, it really pisses me off when people throw around the phrase "modern scholars" as if there's some conspiracy. those I've met and worked with are very serious about their scholarship and experts in linguistic details
>>
>>134213069
Perhaps you ought to look into the author and his credentials before making unwarranted assumptions, you silly cow-lover. And try reading the article too while you're at it, you might learn something.
>Oh you colonials.
>>
>>134202904
Meme religion
>>
>>134213262
I remember Jung interpreting blue gods as some mortality bs even though it was just the nuance on sanskrit and artistic freedom, western at most don't understand eastern religions
>>
>>134211704

Just so you know Evola is probably between 75-85% correct but you should not take everything he says for granted. His ideology influenced his writings a lot and the scholarship on Buddhist texts in the east and west both has advanced massively since he wrote that.
>>
>>134213484
You aren't explaining how that would actually solve the problem.
>>
>>134211809
>Buddha condemned the caste system in its degenerated state, not the caste system as such

You do know that he admitted people into the Sangha irrespective of caste, right?
>>
>>134212752
I've done around 30 retreats.

I've only started looking at the jq as it relates to buddhism.
I'm not sure about how bad their influence is yet.
They're definitely overrepresented.

I generally have enjoyed BB's translations. I've never heard anything bad with relation to their quality.
>>
>>134213820
That is true, but regardless of the errors of fact or of interpretation in Evola's exposition, perhaps his single most important contribution in that work is its sheer inspirational value, and next to that, its clarity of exposition. That alone makes it worth reading and applying, as the translator, Ñanavira Thera well saw.
>>
File: lord-shiva-230x300.jpg (39KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
lord-shiva-230x300.jpg
39KB, 230x300px
>>134212573
>I know for a fact this is largely wrong. post source or stop making things up.

>Most scholars, Jewish as well as non-Jewish, are of the opinion that Judaism was strongly influenced by Zoroastrianism in views relating to angelology and demonology, and probably also in the doctrine of the resurrection, as well as in eschatological ideas in general

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/15283-zoroastrianism

Those who might doubt how Persian imperial policy so decisively shaped what we know as Judaism should reflect on the remarkable and first ever declaration of belief in one, universal God by the biblical writer known as "Second Isaiah" during this period. Indeed Isaiah describes King Cyrus as a "Messiah" and the chosen instrument of Yahweh. Interestingly there is evidence that the Persian imperial policy towards the religion of their subject peoples – to allow the traditional name of their gods to be retained but to revise the religions themselves in the image of Zoroastrianism – was also applied in Babylon and Egypt as well as Palestine.

Some claim that a belief in monotheism in Judea developed a little before the Babylonian conquest and exile. But although there is evidence for a centralisation of the different Canaanite-style cults into the worship of Yahweh in the capital – Jerusalem – over this period the most which can be said was that a form of monolatry, a belief in one God for a particular people had emerged.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/jul/13/abrahamic-religion-zoroastrian-judaism

>Zoroastrian influences on late Judaism was pervasive, profound, and continues with us today.1

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/309/zorojud.htm
>>
What gods do the Kyshatriya class worship in India?
>>
>>134214507
And here's the archive

>https://theguardian com/commentisfree/belief/2010/jul/13/abrahamic-religion-zoroastrian-judaism
https://archive.is/PQ3wa
>>
>>134213861
I am in a logical hole here, let me dig myself out by stating it more clearly.
1. Once a person awakens, they have no real need for Buddhist doctrines, or any doctrines. They are free to do as they wish, with the knowledge that any worldly action has consequences they must be prepared to face.

2. This awakening cannot occur by force, or necessarily by following Buddhist doctrine, or any doctrine that I know of. It must happen spontaneously. Any doctrine used to achieve this awakening has the problem of itself becoming an attachment and thus preventing the awakening.

This is a problem. Jesus wept in the garden of Gethsemane
>>
>>134202904
>Sit around on a mat and strive for inner peace while we flood your country with millions of Muslims goy! You shouldn't be attached to worldly things so give us all your shekels! You should feel compassionate for all living things and let Damarcus bang your wife!
>>
>>134213820
could you elaborate?
>>
How do you meditate properly? Do you have to focus on your breathing? I've seen different takes on this, some people say you have to focus on your breathing and some people say you have to simply do nothing.
>>
>>134212752
why would I get someone else to teach me something that anyone can do though? I know people that have been to similar things, and run similar programs. My issue is autism induced arrogance/laziness with my practice, only I can correct that
>>
>>134214972
See my first post for a short PDF and pack of audio guided meditations that will tell you exactly what to do.
>>
>>134207286

Proof? As an argument I will submit: the entropic nature of our universe
>>
File: Dali-Lams-Rolex-Datejust.jpg (128KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Dali-Lams-Rolex-Datejust.jpg
128KB, 800x533px
>>
>>134213559

Jung was brilliant but even he sometimes proposed stuff that was kind silly. That was who he was though, he didn't claim to know but liked to throw ideas at the wall to see what stuck.

Yes generally the eastern religions have been largely misunderstood by westerners although there have been exceptions such as Guenon and some of of the other traditionalists. Hopefully with the increasing interest in eastern philosophy that has been happening for the past few decades it can be an opportunity to set the record straight in public's understanding.
>>
have you considered investing in a stair lift?

got the little christian shrine now. do i need to invest in Buddhist, Muslim for maximum deity protection? I might have room for pisiedos our zues too.

mfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkwkH-zu8c
>>
>>134214972
there is no proper way. Simply quieting the mind is enough, however you do it. I prefer walking actually, though many will disagree with this. The reason the breath is used is that it is very immediate, occurring in the present moment. When you concentrate on it, the mind becomes focused on a single point, the point of the breath. When the mind wanders it is something like an anchor to bring attention back to the present. This stills the mind. Sound can be used, sleep deprivation, physical exertion (lifting weights), even sex. The goal is to bring the mindfulness into regular life and for life itself to become the meditation
>>
>>134214178
Agreed, I was just hoping to caution those who might use that as a primary reference as opposed to say the Dhammapada.
>>
>>134210966
not copypasta, true personal experience. buddhism is idol worship, which is demon worship.
>>
File: 772.jpg (56KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
772.jpg
56KB, 597x519px
>>134215138
>a short PDF
>36 pages
>>
>>134215289
Well yes guenon was truly woke I realized his introduction to Hinduism book and that was pretty good same in the case with evola he truly understood Hinduism
>>
>>134215328
sry shitty clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDWR5RkWRTY
>>
>>134215564
>36 pages is long
You will have to read hundreds of pages to even start with eastern philosophy
>>
File: NTinOT.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NTinOT.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>134214507
> Judaism should reflect on the remarkable and first ever declaration of belief in one, universal God by the biblical writer known as "Second Isaiah" during this period. Indeed Isaiah describes King Cyrus as a "Messiah" and the chosen instrument of Yahweh.

the general consensus is that this happened 150 years before Cyrus was born, there's a reason why there's a cylinder written by Cyrus sitting in the london musuem stating how he 1) conquered babylon without a fight, and 2) gave the jews great wealth to rebuild jerusalem

>Most scholars, Jewish as well as non-Jewish, are of the opinion that Judaism was strongly influenced by Zoroastrianism in views relating to angelology and demonology, and probably also in the doctrine of the resurrection, as well as in eschatological ideas in general

most jewish scholars deny the fact you can find Jesus Christ's name hidden in code by skipping letters of the old testament, as well as many names in the old testament. Isaiah 53 you can find the name of the 11 disciples(minus judas), 3 marys and such and such and they also deny that he fulfilled the some 300-500 prophecies concerning his coming.. there's a problem with the source and context of your information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnUkNT55gU

you may be interested in this. Jesus Christ is literally in genesis 1.
>>
>>134215475
I am doing that right now. My head is moving in this circular manner automatically. Does that mean I'm doing it right?
>>
>>134215748
I was looking for a basic gestalt. I already have several books on meditation, but maybe some random Anon could give me more insight.
>>
>>134215564
You don't want to know how long the various Buddhist canons are then, do you?
But don't worry, Joop, it's quite short but repetitive, just to make sure chaps like you get the message.
>>
File: Time1.jpg (89KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
Time1.jpg
89KB, 600x797px
>>134214839
>Sit around on a mat and strive for inner peace while we flood your country with millions of Muslims goy!

Buddhists are removing more kebab immigrants than anyone else in the world rn.
>>
>>134215889
do you mean your head is physically moving in a cirlcle? if so you may be in a self-induced trance, essentially the same thing, so yes, you are doing I suppose. You literally can't meditate incorrectly
>>
WE WUZZZ BUDDHISTS AND SHIEETTT

WE WUZZZZZZZZZZ SATYAGRAHA AND SHIIEETTTTT

WE WUZZZZZZ PALI SUTTA AND SHIEETTTTTT
>>
>>134215535
The Dhammapada is little better than a collection of out of context sentences. As a primary reference, it hardly counts, convenient as it might be.
The Sutta Pitaka is all in English online now, thanks to Access To Insight. That's a good canonical resource for Theravada, and Buddhism in general.
>>
>>134215096

Because depending on how many of the optional vs. mandatory meditation hours you participate in during a 10-day session can be anywhere from 50 to 100. There is no way you would ever meditate that much on your own.

There is strong psychological pressure (they don't try to cause any but it's just inherent to the nature of the situation) to remain and stay for the duration of the course which causes you to meditate more than you ever would on your own.
>>
>>134216264
This is very true, in my experience. (A dozen or so weeklong retreats, perhaps 2-3 dozen shorter ones). That said, starting a consistent routine of even 20-30 minutes a day will be of benefit no matter what.
>>
meh, better than the Abrahamic garbage tier faiths
>>
>>134215992
The thing about us westerners is that this eastern shit seems exotic to us, and we feel the need to do something exotic to congratulate ourselves for 'doing Buddhism right'. You don't need to read a book about exotic positions, mantras and techniques. If you are a beginner, you just need set aside a few minutes and just be with yourself. You can shut your eyes or keep them closed, sit or stand. Just be, and observe as thoughts arise. When they do, focus on your breath and let them go. That's it. Don't complicate it.
Just go for a long walk or go fishing or some shit. Honestly
>>
>>134206463
>Muslims are like nigger carps
two birds with one stone
>>
>>134216110
Hmm okay, I always get that sensation whenever I am meditating. It feelsbrettygood man.
>>
>>134216465
>>
>>134202904
Actuall budhists are okey, Western ""Budhist"" are absolute degenerates
>>
>>134216233
Yes, I'm aware, I was just being lazy and threw out a random Buddhist text as an example, I was just trying to get at the importance of relying on the major texts over modern commentaries.
>>
>>134216264
Yeah I was being harsh... I have been to a week long retreat, and I understand what you mean. Could be very powerful and useful for some people. I am very lax with my practice, and by lax I mean I don't have one. I find myself in meditative states throughout the day and roll with it, as apposed to having a scheduled, disciplined time for sitting. I know I should have more discipline, but I'm ok with this for now
>>
Any belief system that tells you not to trust it is based
>>
File: 1500450097984.jpg (7KB, 267x323px) Image search: [Google]
1500450097984.jpg
7KB, 267x323px
>>134215858

>when relying on whacky Jewish mysticism isn't enough so you have to get even more wacky and get into biblical numerology.
>>
>>134202904

It's quite interesting.

I like that it doesn't disallow you from pursuing and learning the doctrine of other religions.
>>
Buddhism is the only religion on planet earth that values individual self improvement over collective group think yet I'm sure /pol/ will still shit on it because it isn't "white"
>>
>>134216516
The book seems pretty down to earth, though. It's called ''Not Always So'' and so far I haven't read anything exotic.

I already have been experimenting with meditation for several years now, but I'm always looking for new things to learn. Sometimes reading a single sentence could enhance my practice tenfold.
>>
>>134202904
everyone go say hi to the good people at /r/zen
>>
>>134216625
maybe related, maybe not, but I wonder if autistic people 'stimming' are putting themselves in a trance/meditative state instinctively as a coping mechanism. I'm talking about the stereotypical rocking back and forth that some austismos display. I have a thing I do with my hands (when no one is around) after I've had too much coffee.
>>
>>134217282
I prefer it to every other religion, legitimately believe it's the most preferable, and prefer the idea of reincarnation to the idea of eternal salvation/damnnation.
>>
File: ok buddy.jpg (64KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
ok buddy.jpg
64KB, 500x526px
>>134217156
are you trying to imply that jewish encyclopedia isn't a pleb source of information and that it isn't a website kept by the dirtiest of talmudic jews?
>>
>>134217338
I apologize, I thought you were a beginner looking for basic tips. You probably are much more advanced and knowledgeable than me in that case. I'm going to get flamed for admitting this.... But I find listening to Alan Watts puts me in a meditative state, to the point that what he is saying is what I'm experiencing. Personally I think he was enlightened, though he has his critics. The man was flawed and thus easy to attack
>>
Why shouldnt I just meditate until I figure things out myself?
Theres no sin in buddhism so i wouldnt sin of pride this way
>>
>>134217338

>Sometimes reading a single sentence could enhance my practice tenfold.

Biggest advice I can give you, is that this applies to all knowledge in life.

Never be afraid of learning something, always stay mindful.
>>
File: 29.jpg (68KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
68KB, 854x480px
Buddhism is an absolute bunch of hooey pol. That's why liberals love it. Fucking neet neckbeards grow up.
>>
File: boudin.png (628KB, 576x442px) Image search: [Google]
boudin.png
628KB, 576x442px
>>134202904
I love Boudinïsme
>>
>>134217477
What if I were to tell you... That reincarnation doesnt refer to the transmigration of the soul or ego to another vessel upon physical death, but from the moment to moment birth, death and rebirth of your ego. Wheneve a thought arrises, you become aware of and it associate with 'self', 'you' are born. Personally I am agnostic about reincarnation after physical death, and I don't think its necessary or important to focus on this aspect
>>
>>134217399
I have actually been diagnosed with ASD but I only experience ''stimming'' during meditation. I don't think stimming is exclusive to autists, autists just don't care about social standards so they succumb to the feeling because it feels nice.

Like this one time I took a pretty big dose of magic mushrooms and my hands started moving ''automatically'' in front of my eyes, it was like a dance of some sort and it felt pretty good. I thought I was doing what easterners refer to as ''Tai-Chi'', but I was high as a kite so who knows lol.
>>
>>134217723

I actually like Alan Watts as well, Anon. He's the one who introduced me to most of this shit.
>>
>>134209297
ramana was woke but he wasn't buddhist
>>
>>134217808

You could, that's what Buddha did and that's what the emphasis in Zen Buddhism is all about but the thing is it's not that easy. It would undoubtedly be helpful but without training, practice, experience, wisdom etc. you are not likely to go deeper than the level of having a few insights before going back to the same old everyday you with all your bad habits and foibles.
>>
>>134218239
very interesting, little bit spooked by this synchronicity actually.
I took like, 200-300 magic mushrooms in a tea. This is what caused my awakening. Before this i was a radical atheist and had never read about buddhism or eastern philosophy. I actually studied tai chi chuan for 2 years or so under a proper teacher that knew his shit, I left after a while as I felt awkward around the feminist lesbian couple in the group that would speak to me as though I was a creature to be pitied when I told them about my Asperger's... Kinda sad really. Tai Chi is the real deal, as both a martial art and philosophy, when you really understand it. I don't practice the form currently, but I do apply the principles to my sport. So far it has proven a dominant tactic
>>
>>134218538

I'm aware, I just didn't feel like searching for some new pictures to download and post, that was what I had on my computer and hinduism always end up being discussed in these threads anyway.
>>
File: zen nazi.png (473KB, 924x654px) Image search: [Google]
zen nazi.png
473KB, 924x654px
woke
>>
>>134218784
if u like ramana listen to his disciple
http://robert-adams.info/
>>
File: 1465290957898.png (1MB, 1292x928px) Image search: [Google]
1465290957898.png
1MB, 1292x928px
>>134214839
LE DEUS VULT!
>>
File: Chogye-Trichen-rainbow.jpg (113KB, 508x638px) Image search: [Google]
Chogye-Trichen-rainbow.jpg
113KB, 508x638px
Is rainbow body legit or tibetan superstition?
The photos of tiny bodies seem legit
>>
>>134217999
Would you trust a man with a name like Haddock Sturgeon? He even looks like one of the Deep Ones.
>Also, Calvin=Cohen.
>>
>>134219420
There's a Catholic priest studying this, although his take is somewhat dodgy (being a priest and all). He has a book and some videos, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwY8BO29zjk
>>
>>134219420

Cherubs aren't unique to Christianity.
>>
>>134218687
Yeah mushrooms are great for '''''autists'''''. Honestly the system is bullshit, we would probably be shamans or something in a different time and place instead of being branded with a diagnosis. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with me other than the inability to function in this society, and desu I think there must be something wrong with you if you CAN function in such a toxic and destructive environment, but that's just my 2 cents.
>>
File: IMG_1290.jpg (3MB, 2915x2915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1290.jpg
3MB, 2915x2915px
>>134202904
based and redpilled
stems from hinduism, which is very truthful religion and keeps people on the right path.
However for a western man i suggest to follow a religion of his own like gnosticism based christianity, since eastern religions aren't part of his collective unconscious nor identity. Buddhism is totally worth exploring and taking from it what you like, just don't submerge yourself into it or else you might end up as those other lost white souls.
>>
>>134219420
The Jesuit Father Tiso researched a recent case and thinks it's legit.
http://www.francistiso.com/Rainbow_Body.html
>>
>>134218988

I was not aware of him, did he personally study under Ramana?
>>
File: twutwut2.png (1MB, 640x4687px) Image search: [Google]
twutwut2.png
1MB, 640x4687px
>>134219348
most christians have the good sense to tell you catholics are not christian. catholics are globalist shills whether they realize it or not. the catholic church invented Islam in the first place
>>
File: 18767867678.jpg (216KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
18767867678.jpg
216KB, 653x900px
>>134202904
Wonderful.
>>
>>134220198
cool story bro
when does the light sabers get in?
>>
>>134219451
Spurgeon is based you faggot degenerate.
>>
>>134219753
Yes, its bullshit indeed. I don't know where you stand as far as occult memetics, personally I love the whole Kek thing, and don't find it conflicts my spiritual understanding. With the latest discovery of the Barron Trump book, I feel that we are on the verge of something amazing. What I'm saying is, us autists ARE shamans, meme magicians more precisely.
>>
It's not really a religion, but it gets away with being called that.
Buddhism is half philosophy and half bullshit.
>>
>>134220458
You're in the wrong thread, poo-slinger.
>>
>>134220198
>i-it's only the catholics!
>>
>>134220583

>Buddhism is half philosophy and half bullshit.

At least Buddhism has the balls to admit it, and recommends you find your answer for yourself.
>>
>>134206463
wtf i love buhdism now lmao
>>
File: quran ksiser.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
quran ksiser.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>134220287
when the fallen angels appear pretending to be aliens

>>134220707
you know there are such a thing as Syrian refugee Christians too.
>>
Diaproved. Kek is the only answe
>>
>>134219756
The Dalai Lama is not really my cup of tea as far as Buddhist teachers go but nevertheless I've seen him twice.
In one Q&A session he mentioned similar to what you're saying.
He cautioned that Westerners shouldn't convert, they can have many problems.
He said they should study their own contemplative traditions more deeply.
It was surprising.
I think he may have some experience with a few of those "lost white souls".
>>
>>134221056
r
>>
>>134221115
He was based in saying it would be reasonable to shoot and kill a person trying to kill yourself. Other than that I'm not sure on much else of him. Their Llama selection is weird as fuck too.
>>
File: strensall-banner-M126196.jpg (186KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
strensall-banner-M126196.jpg
186KB, 700x525px
>>134221048
>it's only the christians that are being welcomed by warm loving christians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmh-aDFd7uM
>>
>>134207492
Alexander the Great came in contact with Buddhism.
>>
>>134220560
I have had an obsession with the numbers 23/32 since I was 15 (25 now) and the next happening is supposed to happen on 23/9 (23+9=32) so I'm pretty excited. Basically I see the numbers almost everywhere, right now it's 9:55 in my country and 23+32=55. Also if you add the numbers of dates of interests most of them will end with 23/32 or a multiplication of said numbers.

Just a few examples:
World War 1 started on 28 July 1914
2+8+7+1+9+1+4 = 32
World War 2: 1 September 1939
1+9+1+9+3+9 = 32
Twin Towers: 11 September 2001
11+9+2+0+0+1 = 23

Could be just a coincidence, maybe...
>>
>>134221437
Agreed the finding the reincarnation of lamas is a little weird.
Even in Tibetan Buddhism it's a relatively new thing (only dates from about the 17th century iirc).

Interesting thing about some of the lamas that previously taught in the west.
There not letting their new reincarnations come to the west because its too degenerate.
>>
File: time.jpg (44KB, 404x603px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
44KB, 404x603px
It's the religion that could provide worldpeace, but since 99,99% of humans are not ready to change anything in their life it's yet worthless.

I always wanted to become a full time buddhist, meditating all day, no sex, no games, only pure being in the present.

But sadly for that i had to move into a monastery or apply for neetbux.

But i think even working members of society could become buddhist if they follow the noble 8-fold path. But as i said, humanity isn't even close to live according to that path.

Right understanding: Understanding that the Four Noble Truths are noble and true.

Right thought: Determining and resolving to practice Buddhist faith.

Right speech: Avoiding slander, gossip, lying, and all forms of untrue and abusive speech.

Right conduct: Adhering to the idea of nonviolence (ahimsa), as well as refraining from any form of stealing or sexual impropriety.

Right means of making a living: Not slaughtering animals or working at jobs that force you to violate others.

Right mental attitude or effort: Avoiding negative thoughts and emotions, such as anger and jealousy.

Right mindfulness: Having a clear sense of one’s mental state and bodily health and feelings.

Right concentration: Using meditation to reach the highest level of enlightenment.

This is the short version, if you are interested just look the whole detailed thing up.
>>
>>134221947
*they're
>>
>>134221668
Also we have 23 chromosomes
Caesar got stabbed 23 times
The only 2 basketball players I know have the number 23 on their shirt (Jordan and LeBron)
And there's many more but I don't write down an autistic list.
>>
>>134221954
>It's the religion that could provide worldpeace,
world peace is impossible in a world with limited resources
>>
>>134222107
protip
it's not

Limit population growth, abolish the capitalists trying to get you into buying a new phone every few months and other useless shit.

As i said, humans need to be ready for it.
>>
File: back.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>>134221525
>some Christians not knowing that Islam is a piece of shit means all Christianity is bad
>>
>>134221668
>>134222044
It's going to fucking happen, based toothpaste! Everyone that I am talking to about this stuff is reporting very similar life stories, awakenings and general opinions towards things. We are finally making contact.
>>
>>134222222
>>
>>134222293
>abolish the capitalists trying to get you into buying a new phone every few months and other useless shit.
good luck with that
>>
>>134222295
>he thinks most christians are refugee hating /pol/tards

kek
>>
>>134222295
>Islam is a piece of shit means
the arabs are the problem not islam
>>
>>134222308
I hope so, I've been disappointed too many times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqovm-Io2D0
Watch this video, I bet you and most of /pol/ could relate.
>>
File: earth.jpg (299KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
earth.jpg
299KB, 584x622px
>>134222569
look buddy, most Christians think the earth is a round spinning ball when the bible describes it as a stationary disc fixed upon foundations and covered by a glass dome. most christians are basically illiterate and ignorant.

>>134222988
you're an idiot, and have that backwards.
>>
>>134220560
>With the latest discovery of the Barron Trump book

wut
>>
>>134223290
>you're an idiot, and have that backwards
islam is a product of arab culture ,if you think christian arabs are any better than the muslims you are a retard
>>
>>134223169
ahhh... too true... I was hyped for 2012 mass awakening/Apocalypse. Video was extremely relevant, pretty much every non-happening ever. Yet here we are. I have seen things recently, and I want it be true, so I join in and say ITS HAPPENING when deep down, I know I've been there before, and realistically, its not gonna happen. Still, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFEbYjuO6iQ
>>
File: CVK3GYJWUAE2ViV.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CVK3GYJWUAE2ViV.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>134223290
and that's why they support refugees, they're fucking dumb. It's a dumb man's religion. Where as buddhism at least grounds itself in reality.
>>
>>134206463
That's my boi
>>
>>134223489
How do you not know about this? Many threads were made in the past few days. here is a basic gestalt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33vPflv5jyk
>>
>>134218023
that pic made me take a shit
>>
>>134203356
As a Buddhist, thank you. Those of us whom have actual respect and have bothered to even look at the teachings are vastly different from those poor fools who simply look at the following and think its cool, so want to play along too.
I could never pretend that I have what it takes to truly become enlightened in this lifetime, but I have taken the lessons to heart and understand their meanings, and because of this, I feel justified in calling myself a Buddhist despite not being a monk.

That's one big mistake many make, also. They assume that to be a Buddhist, one must only be a monk on the trail of enlightenment or thus you are "no true Buddhist."
Funny, how they would only dare say that about Muslims when it comes to terrorists who do follow their teachings to the letter...
>>
File: Zenatwar.jpg (72KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
Zenatwar.jpg
72KB, 500x701px
>>134221954
> the religion that could provide worldpeace

lmao
>>
>>134223819
Lel I still listen to that sometimes.
And I'll never stop believing in happenings, it's the only time when I truly feel alive. (besides meditation n all that)

Also if you posted a second later I would've probably been 100% convinced it's happening 4real lel.
>>
>>134202904

Never met a Buddhist who tried to kill me.
Buddhism is OK by me.
>>
>>134203987
>Smash the statues
You're wrong if you believe that the icons of Guatama hold any dogma to us like crosses do to Christians. They're little more than reminders of the lessons, of the teachings, of enlightenment.
We do not worship the statues, we merely keep them as reminders.
>>
>>134206738
zen in the west was usurped by jews which is why it's degenerated into degenerate hippie nonsense.
>>
>>134224227
You do have what it takes to become enlightened in your lifetime. You are being overly humble and reverent towards 'enlightened masters'. There are literally millions of them alive right now and you can be one too, you just have to wake up. That means ditching the opinion that you are not worthy and that it is some great achievement. It's not.
>>
File: jewcatholicislam.gif (342KB, 1213x835px) Image search: [Google]
jewcatholicislam.gif
342KB, 1213x835px
>>134223741
Islam is a roman catholic invention, not a product of arabic culture. you sure are dramatically dull towards the workings of the interdimensional reptilian vampire

>>134223929
this is a facetious, and pathetic reason to have this opinion about Christianity.
>>
>>134224521
>There are as many ways to worship in Buddhism as there are schools, which there is a lot of. The worshippers may sit barefoot on the floor and face the Buddha icon and chant. The monks will also chant religious texts and the worshippers will listen and join in on prayers. Sometimes the chants will be accompianed by musical instrutments.
For example, in Mahayana tradition, worship takes form of devotion to Buddha and Bodhisattvas.
In each denomination they worship in similar and different ways.
>>
>>134224521
>We do not worship the statues, we merely keep them as reminders.
the christian crosses are use in the same way , they are there to remind them of jesus sacrifice
>>
>>134224640
Perhaps it is possible for me, and it is my hope that I can be freed from the chains that bind. I have come a long way from my childhood years of want and realised that want is suffering.
Maybe you're right, maybe it is the fact of how I view both the goal and my own self that holds me back from the next step of my path. Definitely something to think about, actually.
Thank you for putting some perspective on that, anon. I appreciate the outside input.

>>134224829
I suppose some may see him as a god among men, but I've always been taught that he was no such thing. Not to detract from his importance in his realisations and teachings, but I've always been told that he himself said that he was and is not seeking to be treated as such a deity but merely a sage.
Following his advice and holding him with great respect and outright worshipping him, to me, are two different things.
>>
>>134210942
so what is the "real buddhism"? what is the fake?
>>
>>134225237
I suppose you're also right with this. I've also seen people become dogmatic about the very cross itself however, to the point where it seemed more about the cross itself than what it represented.
With that point, I guess I concede in regards to >>134225362 / >>134224829 and perhaps people from both sides are forgetting that it isn't about the icon, but what made the icon what it was.
>>
>>134225362
You're basically there already, you just have to realize it. It will feel like lightening in the mind, an epiphany. That feeling of epiphany is basically the point
>>
>>134203646
There are places where people are both. Its not like buddha was a god.
>>
>>134221115
Russians have a saying that in each family there's a piece of shit. dalailama knows it and takes it for granted. I thought what he meant is that we should focus on what is inside in each of us rather than to accept buddhism because it has cool aesthetic and backstory. it has always ben about the self realization, the harmonization, the center and the son. most spirituality seeking westerners dismiss christianity all though it is the best religion and it happens to be ours.
>>
>>134224829
>copy and pasting text from the BBC's religion page on buddhism that you probably just googled

kek please read the pali canon, none of the sutras in any pitaka urge you to worship buddha statues, in fact it's a vice to attach yourself to an image. It's the same deal with christians worshiping the cross despite the new testament emphasizing spiritual worship instead of crucifix worship.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.