[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative election systems

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: bkmkr.jpg (292KB, 960x775px) Image search: [Google]
bkmkr.jpg
292KB, 960x775px
I would like to continue archived thread about voting. I came up with another, better system.

Proposed election works this way: first, by universal vote country's goal for next 4 years is chosen. It can be +x% to GDP, y% unemployment, demographics, etc. Everyone gets to express their opinion on what he WANTS.

After that, candidates who think they can lead country to these goals in the next 4 years offer their candidacies.
Next, election starts. Any citizen of the country has right to vote and to attach any amount of money to his vote. Candidate wins if he has highest election_score = (a*money_in_fees + b*total_voters)/(c*average_fee). Sort of. Maybe another formula.
If person attached money to his vote and candidate wasn't elected, he gets his money back.

When 4 years have passed, it's time to see what came out of it.
If candidate and country achieved their goals, voters who voted for him get their money back and with premium. On the other hand, if people failed to select the candidate who would reach desired goal and he failed, they lose their money. I doubt he will be elected again ever.

I'll continue this post in the thread. Small details and other interesting systems.
>>
>>134201318
>giving the people what they want
>even more of "mob rule" than regular democracy
"no"
>>
I've read all the messages in previous thread and chose best (IMO) solutions proposed by other people:
1. 'I like RAH's solution -- national service earns full citizenship and the right to vote. If you care enough about the country to put yourself into a risky, burdensome or difficult situation working on it's behalf, you care enough about the body politic to be allowed a voice in running it. Those who do not earn the franchise enjoy the full rights and responsibility of enfranchised citizens, with the SOLE exception of the vote.'
This has downside: country has to be at war constantly. Because otherwise there isn't much risk involved.
2. 'Here's a better idea: pay people to NOT vote. Anyone that shows up to vote is given a choice:
>vote
>not vote, and receive a $100 thank you check for sparing everyone your idiocy
Anyone that can be bought off for so little has no business voting in the first place. Imagine how much better things would run if the opinions of underclass scum were filtered out of politics in this way.'
This adds more spending. Not very much on the scale of country, but still. There's possibility voters will be bribed(by promising more gibs than 100$), but apart from that, it's like this system.
>>
>>134201633
How is it more? Regular democracy promises to do exactly this. Also, there may be only a set of possible 'wishes', excluding many stupid ones.
>>
/'/'
>>
>>134201318
Fuck your elections.
We will never be free until you stop trying to elect people to rule over us.
>>
>>134203381
Society can't function without government. And if there's no society, these people will get overrun by nearby societies.
>>
>>134201318
I'd rather be governed by a logical A.I. Then again, a logical A.I. would deem all humans worthless sacks of crap and genocide us.
>>
>>134204541
me2, but it's too futuristic.
>>
>>134201318
Here's the better one, Ivan.

>Make sure all US citizens have to take an IQ test before voting. If their IQ rate is above the average (95), they are allow to vote.
>Felons and welfare leechers are banned from voting.
>Must have a job, regardless if it is a CEO of some big corporation or some bloke who clean bathrooms, or working in the computer. Twitch streaming doesn't count as a job.
>NO ILLEGALS

Remember: voting is a privilege, not a right. The Constitution says so.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.