[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poking You in the Axioms

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: TOL-PETERSON-046019-RGB.jpg (767KB, 1667x2500px) Image search: [Google]
TOL-PETERSON-046019-RGB.jpg
767KB, 1667x2500px
Let's have a Petersonian discussion of being and Christianity.

Here's the first in his current Bible lecture series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

Ideas to Ponder:

- Consciousness as a constituent element of reality
- Aesthetic beauty in the context of religious experience. Inherent value and importance of beauty. Beauty as the proper dwelling place of an enlightened consciousness.
- The individual, as opposed to the state, as the locus of the divine on earth.
>>
File: slide it!.jpg (262KB, 830x1059px) Image search: [Google]
slide it!.jpg
262KB, 830x1059px
>>
File: 1491872720241.jpg (38KB, 366x464px) Image search: [Google]
1491872720241.jpg
38KB, 366x464px
oy vey goy delet
we pagan now remember
>>
>>134143786
I don't buy much into peterson's more mystical ideas. To me the bible lectures really takes off in the second half of the 2nd video and where he addresses the more pragmatic aspect of the religious metanarrative
>>
>>134144416
To me pretty much everything he's discussing right now is sorely needed. I think he's blowing up because he's filling a void. There's a huge, huge vacuum; people are thirsty for intelligent exploration of the topics he's tackling.
>>
>>134144977
Jordan Peterson is just a SJW with a new perspective, he wants men to be happy in their slavery to women.

Jordan Peterson spends hundreds of hours talking about how awful men are right now and how they need to change, he hasn't criticized women whatsoever.

Even the most pro-women feminists has said more shit about women than this brainwashing leaf.
>>
>>134146298
I literally found out about him a few days ago (thanks /pol/) and listened to 2 hours of his first Joe Rogan podcast at work today and I am confident you are talking out of your ass
>>
>>134146298
Maybe because he realizes men control society at large. in a scenario where one person is physically forcing another to do something with fundamentally is the root of all human action, doing this or the threat of doing it men have a clear advantage.
>>
>>134146573
This. He addresses men implicitly because he recognizes that men built and maintained western civilization, and men are now failing to sustain their creation.
>>
>>134146298
Clean your room faggot.

Peterson always cites the neurological problems with woman. Namely high in neuroticism. And if you heard him talk about abortion, he basically said the problem is our society (namely females) haven't socially adapted to the effects of birth control.

Peterson focuses on men mainly because he knows that without decent men leading their families, society will collapse. And this has been happening due to postmodernism.
>>
>>134144977
His more personal ideas are a bit too close to hermeticism to me. And that doesn't necessarily make him wrong, but i think one needs to listen to him very critically to discern from wisdom from wild speculation
>>
>>134146298
>he hasnt criticized women
seems like you've yet to listen to his lectures in detail
>>
>>134147236
Good lord that's brilliant about women not adapting to the effects of birth control. It makes perfect, total sense. This is why I love Peterson. He articulates elusive concepts that seem so simple and obvious and impactful in retrospect. Do you happen to remember where he discusses this topic?
>>
>>134147649
Yeah I can understand how you'd feel that way, for me it's very much in line with my interests and my style of thinking.
>>
File: 1499276157138.jpg (101KB, 1046x496px) Image search: [Google]
1499276157138.jpg
101KB, 1046x496px
>>134146298
you cannot conceive of system that disobeys the laws of pic related
but damn it would be nice if they couldnt just vote for more of the mens money?
>>
>>134150444
This is a big problem and i don't know how to fix it
>>
>>134150177
Its on the bible series. I dont remember the exact video but it was not on the 2nd or 1st.

>>134150259
If you havent yet, check out his book Maps of Meaning, its not easy to read but its a more in-depth take on his worldview
>>
>>134150902
Thanks anon, I've been wanting to check out his book. I'm going to make my way through the bible series and then I'll give it a read. I hope he continues to grow in popularity. The fact that people are paying attention to him gives me some kind of hope.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.