[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Penis causes climate change.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1485609290959.jpg (212KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485609290959.jpg
212KB, 854x1280px
So these two gay guys wrote the an academic paper - deliberately making it the biggest pile of sh*t possible. Something about penis being a social construct that causes climate change.

They got it published in an academic journal - it was peer reviewed believed and praised by our academic establishment.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

http://freebeacon.com/culture/read-the-gender-studies-papers-that-inspired-the-penis-causes-climate-change-hoax/
>>
That's a big ass.
>>
>>134103913
>WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???
It means that a lot of science is fake news. This type of shit has been happening for a while now. Look up "p-hacking" if you're interested in learning more.
>>
>>134103913
They did it to expose the amount of bullshit that can get published in the field of gender studies. It was also published by a "pay to publish" journal, so money was probably a part of why it got through as well.
Look up the Sokal affair from the 90s. Same basic thing except with postmodernism instead of gender studies.
Basically if you promote the right morals/politics, and use the right vocabulary/writing style, you can get something that intentionally makes no sense published in a reputable academic journal.
>>
People publish hoax papers from time to time to point out low standards of some journals and conferences. Sokal hoax and 'Rooter' paper are probably the most prominent, but this one is good as well.
>>
>>134104207
For you
>>
Science is dead
>>
>>134103913
Academia is worthless, peer review only functions when the people doing the review are worth respecting.
>>
>>134104541
Thanks anon, looked up the following article on p-hacking:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=p-hacking

I still don't understand it though - can you give layman explanation of what it means?
>>
>Part of the fault may fall on the open-access, pay-to-publish model
>The rest of the fault is on the entire academic enterprise collectively referred to as 'gender studies'
http://archive.is/AWW9m
>Claims that gender identity is somehow fixed and innate, yet is also independent of biological sex, are likewise not supported by scientific evidence.
This really activated my almonds. I don't know what's real anymore. Maybe 9-11 was an inside job? Maybe the earth is flat??
>>
>>134106194

9/11 WAS an inside job disinfo shill kike
>>
>>134103913
This is what happens when "thinking out of the box" is promoted like it has been for the past 15 or 20 years. You end up with nonsense such as this. I could see it as a foray into creative writing, but not a peer reviewed paper taken seriously. More like a script for an independent comedy film.
>>
File: porsche-911.jpg (103KB, 843x515px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-911.jpg
103KB, 843x515px
>>134106558
porsche did 911
>>
>>134104207
No it isn't. Leg is not ass.
>>
>>134103913
Damn I love Japan sometimes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.