[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dartmouth Graduated More Women than Men in Engineering This Year

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-dartmouth-graduated-more-women-than-men-year-joseph-helble

>Women are inferior at eng-
>>
>>134079294
dartmouth is getting ready to graduate its class in weightlifting. The class is 90% women therefore they are clearly better weightlifters
>>
>>134079294
Not a single one of whom will go on to do anything of note in the field. Period.
>>
>>134079294
-ineering.
>>
>thinking they won't complain about not getting hired after college
>>
>>134079819
>>134079749
>>134079643
>>134079547

Weak comebacks. I was hoping to see a redpill, but you've left me disappointed.
>>
>>134079547
>>134079643
>>134079749
>>134079819

Enjoy serving my burger, burger
>>
File: 1494146699659.jpg (60KB, 885x228px) Image search: [Google]
1494146699659.jpg
60KB, 885x228px
>>134079294
Couldn't possibly have something to do with the school itself.
I mean, they enroll people fairly and everything.
How could they possibly be running a system biased in favour of women where the teachers are all marxist
I mean, how could they
>>
>>134079294

They probably invented new engineering degree that would be easier for women.

- biomedical engineering
- systems engineering

The one that requires the least amount of math, chemistry, and physics courses.
>>
>>134079294
yes because in present day the glass ceiling is only a meme. There is no discouragement towards women in STEM as long as they can hold their own intellectually (this applies to everyone).
>>
>>134079294

read article. Something student and some ergonomics and then something about a medical device.

Biology and business focused engineering disciplines.

The math gets too insane for women in other disciplines.
>>
>>134079294
In other, unrelated news, Dartmouth graduates facing mysterious, unexplainable lack of job offers. Experts baffled, feminists angry, blacks confused as always. Further developments at 11.
>>
>>134081621

>>biomedical engineering
>>less math and chemistry

Home schooled?
>>
>>134081980
Biomed engineering is literally articulating devices and static structures. And you're not really even designing static structures, because they're straight part-for-part replacements of existing structures.

It requires highschool-level geometry, it's pure grunt-work.
>>
File: 1487633961550.jpg (20KB, 346x296px) Image search: [Google]
1487633961550.jpg
20KB, 346x296px
>>134079294

>Universities have become utterly retarded
>Women feel more at home and perform better

Almonds Rustled......
>>
>>134079294
Virtue signaling: university edition
>>
>>134079294
You can't expect men to take the diversity courses required to graduate.
>>
>>134082337
It's a interdisciplinary specialization. Field that is fairly new, but growing rapidly
>>
>>134082901
>Field that is fairly new
It's been around forever. It's the development of medical devices for surgeons, doctors, and patients. It's a field as old as medicine.

And it requires basic fucking maths. The components operate at a maximum temperature of body temperature, and a maximum load of body weight. All of the materials used were already developed by aerospace, and manufacturing engineers.

It's childs play.
>>
>>134079294
>Dartmouth engineering degree now worth 25% less than last year
>>
>>134079294
>>134081904

You guys are dumb.
I also graduated from Dartmouth this June, and know many of the engineering majors. Most/nearly all of them regardless of sex will get high or at least decent paying jobs or enter grad school. Some will go on to have particularly significant/meaningful careers, and probably most of that group will be men. Sorry you still live in your parents' basement.
>>
>>134085081
Careful. I went to a fancy private liberal arts college to study STEM too, but I didn't make more then $13 an hour (lab tech) with my chemistry degree until I decided to go to med school.
>>
>>134085335
I didn't major in a STEM field and am entering grad school next month, but my point is that this is a low-quality thread that is more driven by animosity towards those that are more successful as opposed to serious critiques of university "virtue signaling"
>>
Is Dartmouth a respectable college?

Serious question, I have no idea
>>
>>134079294
Prepare for more chernobyl tier happenings.
>>
>>134085857
Respectable (I only applied to Dartmouth), but has been on the rocks recently as we have a very strong Greek system and are often the target of outlets like Rolling Stone who are pushing a false "college campus rape crisis" narrative. We used to not be regularly ranked among the lower-tier Ivies, but nowadays it seems like our motto is "At least we're better than Cornell!"

Glad I went there, glad I'm done.
>>
>>134085610
Point taken. I wonder how much of our professional success comes from the education we received at our private colleges... since our colleges set the bar high enough to let in the high achievers in the first place. Just food for thought that we would have succeeded anywhere and that the private colleges might not be as world-class as we might think they are.

Can't deny the kudos boost on medical/graduate school apps though
>>
Starting to get really fucking embarrassing OP. But don't worry, I'm sure /pol/ will continue just fine with their cuck "trade" jobs getting paid shitty wages kek.
>>
College isn't just a 4 year LARP that you've become a valuable human bei-
>>
>>134087426
>Work
Fucking pleb
>>
>>134080691

Nah this:
>>134079819

I know of countless women who do exactly this. It's sad to listen to. Sad that it happens to men also but you know.
>>
>>134085081
>>134085857

No. Dartmouth consistently ranks as one of the worse Ivies and several public schools have stronger programs for STEM. Only schools you should be bragging about graduating from are the CHYPSM

t. MITfag
>>
>>134079294
Daily reminder corporations love feminism.
Feminism bring more people in to job market.
More people means lower wages.
You are cattle and you love your masters.
>>
>>134079294

>give group of people free money to go to college
>give group of people relaxed standards to get in
>give them preferential treatment in the classes

Oh golly gee I wonder why more of this group are graduating?
>>
>>134085335

Chemistry is a dead major in the US. The whole industry manufacturing industry has been destroyed by the state run monopolies in China.

If you're a chemistry undergraduate you're fucked. Pretty much all you can do is analytical which is hell and has zero job security.

I have a graduate degree and it sucks. Your experience just gets more and more narrow and when your research niche moves into manufacturing it's gone forever.

Finished products are all 1st world countries care about, so engineers get the jobs. Best paying job you can hope for in chemistry is running a Dutch ecstasy lab, which is worth it desu.
>>
Positive Discrimination works!
>>
>>134090090
Indeed, there was no opportunities to advance when I was a lab tech. I'm glad I didn't go to grad school to have an even fancier education without favorable employment prospects.

Why not hop aboard the med school train? The debt honestly isn't that scary.
>>
>>134090543
>was
were*
fuck typos
>>
>>134085081

>I don't understand that there's discrimination occurring because I've been indoctrinated by the PC police for almost a decade

For someone who claims to have a degree you sure are fucking retarded.
>>
>>134079294
>Modern society is biased towards M
>>
>Year is only half way through...
>>
>>134079294
now lets see how many of them land a job at private sector
>>
>>134091411
>>134091411
Getting a McJob isn't the hard part. The hard part is getting a job that pays a livable wage.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.