[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Mindfulness_meditation.jpg (95KB, 350x234px) Image search: [Google]
Mindfulness_meditation.jpg
95KB, 350x234px
I have to admit that I was skeptical at first, but I have been trying mindfulness meditation for just over a month now and I'm seeing some improvement in my emotional regulation.

Does /pol/ meditate? Thoughts on the practice?
>>
It's pretty awesome but I find myself uncomfortable with the fact that in the West it has been sanitized and stripped of religious context. I believe we would be better off if we embraced the Buddhist origins of the practice.
>>
>>134023756
although it would be easier to reignite this kind of thing in the west by looking east, i hope that we can look to european tradition, which is just as profound, to reestablish our spirituality.
>>
File: reeeexplosion.png (631KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
reeeexplosion.png
631KB, 681x681px
>>134023592
STOP TRYING TO DIMINISH OUR RAGE REEEEEEEEEE
RAGE AND HATRED IS WHAT MAKES US POWERFUL
>>
>>134024021

>although it would be easier to reignite this kind of thing in the west by looking east, i hope that we can look to european tradition, which is just as profound, to reestablish our spirituality.

Me too, but the fact of the matter is that Christian meditation just isn't the same thing. Even the Pope says so.
>>
>>134023756
That's interesting. A lot of the appeal for me was specifically because the practice was devoid of religious connotation, but with (what I thought were) all the benefits.

Is there anything I'm missing out on?
>>
>>134024158
Calm down Bevis.
>>
>>134023592
>>134023756
I am a Buddhist and highly value meditation, though I don't spend as much time actually meditating as I aspire to. I've had much better control over my emotions and impulses since converting, but I don't know how much of that is due to the meditation vs taking up the doctrine and transforming my worldview.

(Also I'm not a white nationalist and think my faith is incompatible with ethnonationalism.)
>>
>>134024373
i meant looking more towards antiquity. i dont really care what the catholic church says and especially the satanic shill pope of today says. Partly because im not catholic, but mostly because the mission of christianity has long bee subverted hijacked by babylonian kikery.
reading the bible for guidance is fine, but dont listen to the pope. that's very blue-pilled.
>>
>>134023592
Been doing Transcendental Mediation for a year now, along with breath meditation. I personally find it to be of great benefit and I'm glad you discovered it, anon. My mental focus at work has increased and I have a general sense of "eveness" that I didn't have before I started. It's a great example of something most people think is BS until they actually try and realize how beneficial it is. If you're constantly crying about how this country is over-medicated, try it for yourself and you'll realize that for many people it can be the answer they've been seeking that modern medicine can't really provide.
>>
>>134024376

>Is there anything I'm missing out on?

Not sure yet, looking into it. I think there is another level to it. The version we get sold in the self-help books is just so programmatic, it's sold as a parlor trick to avoiding stress when really it should be about enlightenment and self-realization.
>>
>>134023592
>Does /pol/ meditate? Thoughts on the practice?
I do. Don't do it too long. A bit of time spent calm and at peace does wonders. Hours of it will fuck up your sense of reality.
>>
>>134023592
Do exactly that almost every day
>>
>>134025645

>reading the bible for guidance is fine, but dont listen to the pope. that's very blue-pilled.

It wasn't today's Pope but your point is well-taken.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.