[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this is acceptable behavior for a state gov in the USA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: buying a gun in hawaiistan.jpg (2MB, 3117x4033px) Image search: [Google]
buying a gun in hawaiistan.jpg
2MB, 3117x4033px
>this is acceptable behavior for a state gov in the USA
>>
Actually that's the way it should be. The second amendment -as well as the entire bill of rights- only originally applied to the Federal government and not to the States. It was only through a bastardized process of over reaching that it came to be applied to State government.
>>
>>134010241
It is a base right along with 9 others in the bill of rights, deemed of such importance, that they are spelled out and explicitly granted in the constitution of this country, for the sole purpose of protecting them above all else throughout the nation

what are you even on about
>>
>>134010241
>The second amendment -as well as the entire bill of rights- only originally applied to the Federal government and not to the States. It was only through a bastardized process of over reaching that it came to be applied to State government.
LOL wut? What would those rights mean if the states could do whatever they want? The Bill of Rights is the minimum guarantee given. States may further protect certain rights, but the constitution is the so called "floor" or bare minimum when it comes to fundamental rights (like due process, for example).
All FUNDAMENTAL rights are incorporated to the states through the 14th amendment. If the 2nd amendment only applied to the Federal government then only people in D.C. get any protection.
>bastardized process
Literally 2 cases, D.C. v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago, not that much to think about, Cleetus. Maybe if you had an education you'd be able to understand these things.
t. Lawyer

P.s. nice meme flag >>>>reddit
>>
>>134010880
>>134010880
Exactly. Quite frankly I'm appalled there is a state in my union pulling this euro-totalitarianism bullshit
>>
File: 1452385367417.jpg (101KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
1452385367417.jpg
101KB, 800x655px
How do we fix this?
>>
>>134010241
The bill of rights is a list of rights that a federal government explicitly promises to protect. If a state violates one of these rights it is the federal government's duty to ensure that the state fixes its shit.
>>
File: 1500197979839.jpg (112KB, 466x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500197979839.jpg
112KB, 466x550px
>>134013951
>>134013951
This
>>
>>134009822

It's why I don't have a gun here.
>>
>>134013951
what the fuck are you on? the bill of rights is a list of shit that the government can't do, retard.
>>
>>134010241

The 2nd amendment specifically states that is a right reserved to the people.
>>
>>134014730
>>134014730
I mean, I know it's got a low crime rate as long as you stay away from the homeless towns and camps, but this shit would infuriate me if I lived there
>>
>>134015203

>but this shit would infuriate me if I lived there

It's one of my only major qualms.

Hobos aren't even bad here if you know how to deal with people on meth. I'll take them over DC crackheads.
>>
>>134014905
The entire US constitution is a list of shit the government can't do. The major early criticisms of the constitution was that although it sought to limit the power of the government it made no assurances of the rights of the people. The bill of rights was a way to fix that.
>>
File: europe at night.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
europe at night.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>134015571

It's time to meme a refugee dump to Hawaii
>>
>>134016463

Can you not?

Asians already use it enough for trafficking.
>>
>>134016719
Your judges keep allowing randoms from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen to travel to our country. Maybe we should just give up on trying to stop them, and make Hawaii great again by filling it up with refugee truck drivers
>>
File: 1490914556158.jpg (63KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
1490914556158.jpg
63KB, 1024x686px
>>134017164

>tfw you guys are gonna make me keep moving out of pure spite

sasuga
>>
>>134017285
Hawaii is dope, I been there before. Good food, I just feel bad for you guys who can't defend yourselves. But like I said earlier at least your crime is low, you don't have black and hispanic gangs to fuck your shit up and your poor islanders keep to themselves in their own side of the island. Plus they have a culture of family and friendliness (aloha?) and in general aren't trying to cheat the system the way our mainland scum does
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.