[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about dipping my toes in Christianity to see if its

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 57

File: download.png (709B, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
709B, 256x197px
Thinking about dipping my toes in Christianity to see if its the real deal. I was raised in a non-religious house and I have little exposure to it. Recently I've broken away from moral relativity and come upon the realisation that there is a right and wrong way to do everything>

What are the best lectures, books etc besides the Bible that would get me off to a good start?
>>
File: 1499665644997.png (84KB, 887x496px) Image search: [Google]
1499665644997.png
84KB, 887x496px
>>134001514
>>
Imo stay away from evangelicals and baptists. Go to your local churches and see which one feels right or see what type of service you like better. Some you will find a genuine sense of community.
>>
>>134001514
Check out Pastor Steven Anderson's works on YouTube, he's one of the best Bible believing Christians that you can find and he has sermons on almost every chapter of the Bible and every topic under the sun.

You can start out just by watching the video on how easy it is to go to heaven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY&t=355s
>>
File: christian_reading.jpg (1MB, 2560x2739px) Image search: [Google]
christian_reading.jpg
1MB, 2560x2739px
>>134001514
I'm not too familiar with youtube, but Father Spyridon is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgwpaz0a9WQ
>>
>>134001514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28i3lWxW5xs&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w
>>
"Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. It may be helpful to read "Abolition of Man" first. They are both quite short.
Metropolitan Jonah of the Orthodox Church publishes his weekly studygroup sessions. I suggest you start with Orthodoxy 101: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMPxZgLsYNM
>>
>>134001514

Don't be stupid anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BY2zCReDWg
>>
>Thinking about dipping my toes in Christianity to see if its the real deal.

what the fuck does this even mean? So you're just all the sudden going to start believing in the supernatural? Are you retarded?
>>
>>134001802
>Pastor Steven Anderson's

Only Orthodoxy is authentic Christianity. The slippery slope of Catholic and Protestant heresies has ultimately resulted in churches that embrace every single anti-Christian value.
>>
thanks everyone this looks like a good start!

I had a brief look online and most of it seemed very new-age. this is good
>>
1. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
2. The Case for Christmas by Lee Strobel
3. Reasons to Believe by Scott Hahn
4. Envoy for Christ by Patrick Madid
5. Walking with God: A Journey Through the Bible by Jeff Cabins
6. Rediscover Jesus by Matthew Kelly
>>
Also read anything by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
Christian, easy to read, down to earth while being extremely spiritual. Dude changed my life.
>>
>>134002017

no, this means giving it a fair chance and seeing if it works. I'm not willing to accept everything on face value
>>
>>134002164
Jeff Cavins, blasted autocorrect
>>
>>134002017
>the person who has obviously little to no real life experiences.
>>
>>134002059
How can you admit that Catholicism (rightly) is heresy, but simultaneously pretend that Orthodoxy isn't? First of all they're very, very similar. They have few doctrinal differences, but Orthodoxy still maintains almost all of the doctrines that make Catholicism into a false religion -- baby baptism, long clothing, veneration of saints, worshiping archbisophs/popes and what not, vain repetition, works based salvation, priestly repentance of sin, etc. How do you reconcile that?
>>
>>134002164
The Case for Christ. Again, Autocorrect. Apparently was invented by Satan.
>>
>>134001514
Can't, sorry. There's no way to dip your toe in.

You either jump into the deep end of the pool or you stay on the sidelines.
>>
>>134001514
Start reading on the control structure of religion, don't add barriers to your mental state.
>>
>>134001790
Literally the best people he can encounter are evangelicals and baptists.

Get thee behind me.
>>
>>134002609
This... The only people left who actually follow their Bible instead of what their church and earthly traditions are telling them.
>>
>>134001514
>Thinking about dipping my toes in Christianity to see if its the real deal.

HAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Learn to support yourself and your family first, cuck.
>>
>>134002381
Protestantism began between the legs of both Martin Luther and Henry VIII.
>>
>>134001514
Can't go wrong with Ravi Zacharias.

People love C.S. Lewis' book, "Mere Christianity".

If you want details, there are many: Evidence that Demands a Verdict, More Evidence that Demands a Verdict, Who Moved the Stone?, etc.

But the best place to check out Jesus is from his friends, his followers, and especially John who focused on Jesus' divinity. That would be the Gospel According to John, the 4th book in the New Testament.
>>
>>134002381
Exactly. Two legs on the same statue.

It's likely the "schism" has already been patched over by this pope and the patriarch that then went immediately to Antarctica for some reason.
>>
>>134002609
Evangelicals give christians a bad name. Bunch of delusional greater than thou assholes telling everyone what they will and wont burn in hell for. I try to follow catholicism because they preach forgiveness
>>
>>134001514
Everyone in the thread that is recommending books is doing a good job.
I would be remiss if I didn't show the case for the One Christian Church which Jesus founded. The foundation to true Christianity
http://ascensionpresents.com/video/why-be-catholic-and-not-just-christian/

>>134002059
Orthodox are as much heretics as Protestants
Jesus Christ himself mandated Peter as the first among his apostles, and the Bishop of Rome follows Saint Peter's apostolic succession.

Eastern Heretics only exist because of political jealousy and refusal to humbly submit to God's Church, instead founding their own autocephalus, ethnocentric churches. Ambition rules orthodoxy, not the Holy Spirit
>>
>>134002727
Yup. Jesus said that if you do not provide for your family, you're no better than a Dane.
>>
File: hammer-and-sickle-pope.jpg (59KB, 920x537px) Image search: [Google]
hammer-and-sickle-pope.jpg
59KB, 920x537px
>>134002381
The Great Schism of 1054
The Pope, out of (geopolitical, personal, ...) Pride, schismed the western church from the eastern church. Many terrible events followed, including schismatic councils.

Were we so blessed, a true Pope would renounce, rejoin, and return to their proper place in the Church.
>>
>>134002756
Christianity began on the Day of Pentecost 32 AD and will end at the Rapture.

The protestants were all Catholics.
>>
>>134001790
The point of religion is not to make friends and attend whichever service you enjoy most.
>>
>>134002916
They preach forgiveness on a daily/weekly/minute-by-minute basis because they don't want you to leave their church.

Asking for forgiveness from God when He already forgave all of your sins on the cross is a very good sign a person has no idea what the forgiveness of sins means, when it happened, or what was required.

The Catholics, and others, want their members to be enslaved by an obedience, sin, repentance, penance, obedience cycle that never ends, and never provides the peace that Jesus promised.
>>
Some Principles of the Elect People of God Who in Scorn are called Quakers, For all People throughout all Christendome to Read over, and thereby their own States to Consider." By George Fox
>>
>>134002959
Spoken like a true burger

>I-i know history
>I-i-i know m-m-my r-religion, -I-i-i swear....
>>
>>134003105
Your right once you get deeper into it especially. I was speaking on my personal experience where i was looking for a support group.
>>
File: 2.jpg (39KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
39KB, 300x468px
>>134001514
Catechism of Catholic Church
Teachings of Fathers of Church
>>
>>134002954
Yup. Orthodox are just as much heretics as Catholics. Well stated.
>>
>>134002954
Eastern Heretics only exist because of political jealousy and refusal to humbly submit to God's Church, instead founding their own autocephalus, ethnocentric churches.
Mm, yes. A dead pope excommunicates the bulk of christendom out of aversarial hubris.
That is very nearly the same thing as establishing autocephaly.
>>
>>134003222
check'd

And yes, I do. Jesus may have said "heathen" instead of "Dane". But really, that's just splitting hairs.
>>
>>134002756
Most Baptists don't even consider themselves Protestants, but a separate branch of Christianity based on "sola scriptura", which is why many modern Baptists just call themselves "Bible Belivers". Protestantism is a branch of Catholicism, and Baptists/Evangelicals want nothing to do with the Catholic religion.
>>
>>134003213

http://www.qhpress.org/texts/gfprinc.html
>>
>>134003358
The protestants died out 500 years ago, their goal unachieved. The Catholic church never did reform itself, and continues as the most evil institution on earth unabated.
>>
>>134003007
>The protestants were all Catholics.

Come on, man... I mean, you really are good fun and all, but you would all burn if any of this was actually any more than make-believe.
>>
>>134003458
Martin Luther: Catholic?
>>
File: catechism-800x533.jpg (116KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
catechism-800x533.jpg
116KB, 800x533px
All protestants should read
>>
>>134003500
Well, he was a Catholic priest. Remember: "I didn't leave the church, the church left me", as Martin Luther said.
>>
File: take this.jpg (170KB, 1575x911px) Image search: [Google]
take this.jpg
170KB, 1575x911px
>>134001514
JW.org

I'm a protestant, non-trinitarian who hates faggots and is anti-degeneracy - so I agree with much of what they're talking about.

It has a lot of based info.
>>
>>134003338
Jesus never said heathen, though. It doesn't matter to me, honestly, but if you believe in this trite garbage, at least get your facts down.

I don't give a shit because it's disneyworld garbage, and I know the lore better than you... Sad!.
>>
>>134003458
Case in point, a guy you never heard of probably. Heinrich Bullinger.

In 1519, at the age of 15, his parents, intending him to follow his father into the clergy, sent him to the University of Cologne, just as Luther's protests against the sale of indulgences was becoming widely known. In 1520–21 Bullinger felt that he needed to decide the issues for himself and, having been exposed to Luther's works, began his own reading of Peter Lombard's Sentences and the Decretum of Gratian. This led him to recognize that both relied on the authority of the Church Fathers, which in turn led him to read them, including Chrysostom's and Jerome's commentaries and Melanchthon's 'Loci communes'. From this reading Bullinger came to conclusion that Lutheran teaching was more faithful to the Church Fathers and the Bible than medieval authors. In 1522, now a convinced "Martinian" (follower of Martin Luther), Bullinger ceased receiving the Eucharist, also giving up his previous intention of entering the Carthusian order and earned his Master of art degree.

A catholic.
>>
>>134003594
No thank you, it makes me violently ill. Kind of like reading the Necronomicon.
>>
>>134003500
Poor burger, what's history?
Nevermind, just turn on fox and you're saved, right?
>>
>>134003621
>>134003771
This guy too. Catholic, hugely influential in the "protestant" reformation.

People on the inside want to reform something they care about; people on the outside tend to want to destroy it. The "protestants" wanted to reform the catholic church, themselves being catholic.
>>
>>134003712
If you like the JW then you will like Quakers. Same basic beliefs except Quakers don't try and convert outsiders we only preach to fellow members of the Elect.
>>
>>134003712
You think Michael the Archangel is Jesus.

kek
>>
>>134003302
You said it yourself. The Pope was dead and therefore the Excommunication was null, and it was Humbert of Silva Candida who wrote it not the Pope.
By all accounts, the schism should not have happened, and the Church should have remaind whole, but the Eastern bishops had a taste of power and wanted more.

I in no way hate Orthodox Christians, you are not heretics, if I had it my way, the Church would be whole, and we would have avoided so much tragedy and bloodshed. Had the Eastern Church remained Catholic, it's very possible Constantinople would still be under Christendom, same with Jerusalem, but it grinds my gears when Orthodox falsly claim to be the ""original"" denomination of Christianity when it really just started as a schismatic movement in the 9th century.

I pray our Churches come together, or at least come into communion, you can see our doctrine is the same, just like the protestant heretics ITT are spewing, we are not different enough for the schism to continue.
>>
>>134003594
Even if you were a Protestant, how would reading a list of the wicked doctrines of the Catholic church help convert anyone? I find it amazing how a mere man such as the pope can put himself above Jesus as a mediator between God and men, and just make up random doctrines and titles and texts? It's disgusting. Read your Bible and stop following "priests" (the Bible says we are all a priesthood of believers).
>>
>>134003724
Matthew 6:7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Matthew 18:17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

Said it twice.
>>
THIS IS NOW A PAGAN THREAD

>>134004070
>>134004070
>>134004070
>>134004070
>>134004070
>>
>>134003846
Fox hasn't been right since Ailes left, and it's broken now that Rupert's gone.

The history of the catholic church is a horror movie.
>>
>>134001514
Ultimately formulate your own interpretation. I am protestant, but I also enjoy the poetry of the various liturgies of the catholics. Also some of the rituals of the catholics and orthodoxes are cool too. Ultimately one of the most important things to realize is that "in the beginning........GOD". Listen to the hymns too. They are a repository for the language of the white man. Translating the luther bible is a good way to learn german too.

http://www.bibledbdata.org/onlinebibles/german

Norddeutscher Jugendchor (NAK) - Der Herr ist mein Licht
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPDCTIYyswY_l/
>>
>>134004108
(((Tax collector)))
>>
>>134003948
Quakers are Christians.

JW are not; they're cultists who deny Jesus is God.
>>
>>134003771
But no why currently successful countries are protestant, whole backwards countries are not.

Believe whatever you want, just have your finances on the level.
>>
>>134004188
What happened to murdoch? Apparently he was raising his kids catholic
>>
>>134003184
You are capable of sinning and losing your salvation. It's all over the New Testament. Saying backsliders were never saved to begin with is circular logic.

>Confession:
John 20:21-23 "Whoever's sins you forgive are forgiven, and whoever's sins you retain are retained"
James 5:16 "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful."
>Eucharistic
John 6: 51-58
I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”a

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?”

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats* my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.”

Jesus didn't stop anyone and say he was only speaking metaphorically.

1 Cor. 11: 23-29 "For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you,to that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,
and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”l
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.
>>
File: ags.jpg (41KB, 280x366px) Image search: [Google]
ags.jpg
41KB, 280x366px
>>134001514
You could also skip all the mainstream versions of christianity. They're boring. Go gnosticism. Dwelve into the more unexplored, mysterious, and uncomforming side of early christianity. I find it very intriguing, humbling, and satisfying myself. I came to this from atheist/agnostic. Will never go back.
>>
>>134004060
Bless you, brother. We will both approach this argument with motivated reasoning, but I have no reason to autism at a believer.
>>
>>134001514
Be careful what sect of Christianity you go into.

I recommend Orthodox. Everything in Orthodoxy is based on the original Christion religion and not filtered or refined like the Catholic church.

I believe the Coptic Church is the highest presence of Orthodox in Australia. Try them out.
>>
>>134004216
You gotta feel for the guy. Ostracized from his community as a traitor, forbidden to enter into the temple, couldn't even eat inside a Jewish house, he still tried to reach the Hebrews and show them that Jesus is the Jewish messiah. Even learned Hebrew, which apparently he didn't know before.

Can you imagine how hated IRS agents would be if they worked on commission and could charge whatever they wanted?
>>
>>134004188
>The history of the US is a horror movie.

Right about that at least.
>>
>>134003948
I knew an old lady who was a Quaker, she was really nice but never preached to me - given what you're saying, that makes sense, I'll have to learn a bit about them.

Not sure I agree with them not preaching to everyone.
>Matthew 28

>>134003992
Go on.
>>
>>134004325
My citizenship is in the New Jerusalem.

If you want to talk to someone who cares about this sick and dying world, that's gonna be someone else. It's doomed and falling apart. Can't you feel it?
>>
>>134001514
For me there were two things.

First, given a materialist universe I can't support the idea that I'm not an automaton without invoking the supernatural. Yet I don't feel like I'm an automaton -- I seem to be able to make choices. Therefore I can accept the supernatural.

Second, I love the story. I'm not a real Christian because I don't ask for salvation or eternal life. It seems greedy. But the suggestion that the all-powerful creator of the universe chose to live a life of suffering and humiliation -- my life -- is amazing.

If whatever granted me free will also paid the price for living in a world of free wills then that act of compassion is enough for me and I can find peace with whatever comes.
>>
>>134004341
I think it's pretty clear from the Bible that you can't lose your salvation. The Bible says that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", so don't expect your own good works to get you to heaven, "for as it is written there is none righteous, no, not one."
>>
>>134004336
He left his liberal kids in charge of the network and it immediately started tanking.

Kind of sad that Al Jazeera and RT are more reliable than US news sources.
>>
Summa Theologica is a good read.
>>
>>134004105
Do you unironically believe that History ended with Acts of the Apostles?
Do you think Jesus would not have taken into account the fact that the people on Earth would need his guidance for thousands of years until his return?
Humans are ever changing and always screwing up, that's why Jesus himself founded the Catholic Church and gave Peter and the Apostles the authority to rule with the power of the Holy Spirit, over the body of the believers.

Your ideology is the result of the degeneration of believers. Read Revelation, you have strayed from the path.

Btw, your doctrine of "rapture" was invented by a scottish preacher because his daughter suffered from delusions.

You read an incomplete Bible because Luther ordered it that way, because multiple books in the Bible contradicted his (and your) ideology
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 500x365px
>>134001514
Just start with the Bible. KJV higjly recommended. I also think you should read it in this order: John, the Torah, The Gospel and Revelation, then Genesis - Revelation
https://youtu.be/3_2T47PAIkM
>>
>>134004459
>I have never read the Bible or studied the history of the Christian faith, but the word "Orthodox" makes it sound badass: The Post
>>
>>134004105
Pope is not mediator he is just a Head of Church
on Earth Jesus establish his Church on the Apostles and st Peter that how church started

The church was before the bible
without a church the protestants would not have a bible
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 6144x2328px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 6144x2328px
>>134004736
>>
>>134004105
Strawman. No mortal, or even saints, go around the One Intercessor, Christ. The saints, angels, and clergy are intercessors in a subordinate manner to Christ.

St. Paul clearly defines the roles of Holy Orders in the Letters to Timothy. He mentions Bishops, Presbyters (priests), and deacons.

And if you're willing to do the research, there is an unbroken line of succession from the 12 Apostles to every Catholic bishop today.
>>
>>134004642
Damn. Its controlled opp anyway even though hannity seems to push the boundaries
>>
File: download (2).png (10KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
10KB, 290x174px
>>134001514
www.christogenea.org

>[Master list of podcasts]
https://christogenea.org/allaudio

>[Judea, Judah, and Jew. Learn the Difference]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/CHR-Euro-2015-07-05-Judaea-Judah-Jew.mp3

>[Debunking Churchianity/Catholicism]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20110924-Misconception-Paul-Church.mp3

>[Race Mixing is the Unforgivable Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit]
Essay: https://christogenea.org/articles/scatterers-and-gatherers
Audio sermon: https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/CHR20161104-FGCP-Finck-2016-10-30.mp3

>[Debunking Universalism]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20120225-Universalism-Mark_Downey.mp3

>[Eight Witnesses Against Universalism]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrForumCall20110509.mp3

>[Discussion on the Settlement of Europe]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20111231-Settlement-of-Europe-Conversation.mp3

>[The Seed of Inheritance]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20120218-The-Seed-of-Inheritance.mp3

>[Race Mixing: Broken Cisterns]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20110827-BrokenCisterns.mp3

>[Two-Seedline Explained: Pragmatic Genesis 1/28]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20131004-TwoSeedline01.mp3

>[The Edomite Jewish Immigration Agenda]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/CHR20121123-EdomiteImmigrationAgenda.mp3

>[The Curse of White Genocide]
https://christogenea.org/system/files/audio/ChrSat20150620-WhiteGenocide01.mp3

"People are being lied to about history, and especially about ancient history [...] This website is a reflection of the religious research and historical inquiries of William R. Finck Jr. The purpose of this site is to correct the record in regards to the history and origin of the peoples of Europe, and the reasons why they have adopted the Christian religion and must keep it, along with their ethnic identity and culture."
>>
>>134004759
>without a church the protestants would not have a bible
HA those books of the Bible were still counted as scripture before they put them all together. And cathlodox don't even follow the Bible.
>>
>>134004622
You can't just cover your ears and say "nuh-uh"
Either counter the arguments he said with solid resoning (protip: you can't, they're all based on scripture) or gtfo
>>
>>134004561
>My citizenship is in the New Jerusalem

Riiight, one of those LARPers... Your citizenship is really in a country with a functioning state and legal system, though, or you would be trying to get there like the people you are currently fantazising about raping your pure 2d waifus.
>>
>>134004341
No, no it is not.

Whoever asks me, I can tell them that their sins have already been forgiven them. That's the same thing that you're quoting above. But instead of Jesus breathing the Holy Spirit into my mouth, the Holy Spirit entered via a different method. Did you read the context of the verse, or do you just pull verses out of context? Jesus is telling His apostles after His resurrection what they are to do, and giving them the Holy Spirit.

Has nothing to do with you and your priests and your pope.

As far as a man sinning against another man, yes, they should seek forgiveness and be reconciled to keep the fellowship. It has nothing to do with God's forgiveness of sins.

The food and drink Jesus refers to are spiritual. Again, if you knew how to read the bible in context, massive numbers of people were following Jesus for free food. Jesus got rid of all of the wannabees by telling them that He is the real bread, and He is the real drink. That His body really was broken, and His blood really shed.

But nobody ever ate Jesus; nothing ever turned into Jesus in anyone's stomach; same with the blood. God abhors cannibals and vampires and lawbreakers.

Jesus never fed anyone His flesh and blood either.

Do this in remembrance of me is the proper way.

Eat God, Be God is the unworthy way that leads to death. The catholic way. Your way.
>>
>>134004622
Any time St. Paul talks about "salvation by works", he is referring to the Mosaic Law.

Conversely, James 2:20 says that "faith without works is dead".

2 Timothy 4:3: "For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths"

Revelation mentons how the Nicolatians fell away.
>>
>>134004188
I don't watch regularly so I can't know but doesn't the rise of Tucker Carlson compensate in some way?

I love seeing someone with paultard sensibilities dominate the msm and mow down leftists and neocons alike.
>>
>>134004846
>And if you're willing to do the research, there is an unbroken line of succession from the 12 Apostles to every Catholic bishop today.
Yet you don't follow what they say. And any those documents could be forged.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
http://www.newcovenantbaptist.org/100-bible-verses-on-salvation-by-faith-alone/

Also Paul warned about heretics that were around even during his day.
>>
File: 1481407219870.jpg (610KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1481407219870.jpg
610KB, 3508x2480px
>>134001514
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
>>
>>134004535
Jehovah's first creation was his 'only-begotten Son'. . . was used by Jehovah in creating all other things (Aid to Bible Understanding, pp. 390-391); Jesus was Michael the archangel who became a man (The Watchtower, May 15, 1963, p. 307; The New World, 284); Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, p. 306); Jesus did not rise from the dead in his physical body (Awake! July 22, 1973, p. 4).
>>
>>134005035
>Le I want to be a white supremacist but was taught about Jesus, so I have to make a bunch of shit up to reconcile the two
Disgusting
>>
>>134004709
No, of course not.

It properly ended in the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>134005044
>>134005322
>>
>>134001514
>Spend hours on the weekends for months listening to preacher ask for gibme's for poor subhumans and missionary work. Asking for gibme's for new facilities for the church and the churches good works. Listen to Pastor preach about how poor and humble he is and how humility and poverty bring you closer to the spirit and to god. Attend social at pastors home. Pull up to home up in the rich people hills. Pastor lives in a mansion. Pastor drives a lambo. Pastor has 5 kids, and hot wife. Pastors only source of income is the church.

Christianity in summary.
>>
>>134004759
You're right!

Bible was started 3500 years ago.

Roman Catholic church started about 4000 years ago in Babylon.
>>
>>134005039
Wrong

I dont have time to teach history
stupid protestants find It for yourself come back and apologize
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 601x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 601x439px
>>134005335
I find this even better than that thread I made
https://youtu.be/3_2T47PAIkM
>>
>>134004709
No, I do believe that we need Jesus' guidance today as well, that's why we have the scriptures and the Holy Spirit. Nothing that the Catholic church adds to scripture is based in reality or the originals teachings of Jesus Christ, it's made up, man made doctrines. And I haven't even gotten into the scripture that Catholics ignore or intentionally misrepresent to fit their traditions.

The Bible says:

>"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar." (Proverbs 30:5-6)

>"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18-19)

>>134004759
If you can repent your sins to a priest and if the pope can decide on what biblical doctrine should be followed, he is a wrongful mediator between God and men.
>>
>>134004883
He's growing increasingly frustrated and isolated. He'll make a move soon. Hopefully to OANN.
>>
>>134001514

Sean Kennedy
>>
>>134005348
JW's repeatedly gave Second Coming predictions. They were all wrong, and each time people left JWs.

Plus, the Watchtower has contradicted itself on multiple occasions.
>>
>>134001802
>Check out Pastor Steven Anderson's works on YouTube, he's one of the best Bible believing Christians that you can find and he has sermons on almost every chapter of the Bible and every topic under the sun.
you're right
steven anderson is the best example of a true bible-believer you can find today
>>
>>134005044
There was nothing in there about losing one's salvation.

Here's the problem.

You think the forgiveness of sins is salvation, and it is not.

The forgiveness of sins was necessary in order to bring about the offer of salvation, but the forgiveness of sins is just the forgiveness of sins. And it was accomplished at the cross.

Tetelestai.

It is Finished.

Paid in Full.
>>
>>134005574
>we can't tell what's scripture so the chirch has to
Yeah the apocrypha sounds like trash. Anyone with the Holy Ghost can tell when something is flasely claiming to be his word but you don't have the Holy Ghost.
>>
>>134005719
Forgot this one
https://www.catholic.com/tract/stumpers-for-the-jehovahs-witnesses
>>
>>134005112
My secondary citizenship I was born into is, sure. I hold it very lightly. It's only good for what, 120 years max.

My citizenship in the City of God? Eternal.
>>
The Gospel of Thomas is good to read alongside the canonical gospels
>>
File: stjohn Ebay.jpg (159KB, 458x600px) Image search: [Google]
stjohn Ebay.jpg
159KB, 458x600px
>>134001514
Go to an Orthodox Church. The ceremony feels authentic and the teaching of the church is great. God Bless you on your journey.
>>
>>134005310
Catholics and Orthodox are Nicolaitans, and they did not fall away; they were never saved to begin with. Jesus hates the ways and beliefs of the Nicolaitans.

Nico over laity. Clergy over common people. Men inserted themselves between other people and God.

It's an abomination.
>>
>>134005645
Don't forget this one

2 Timothy 3
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

>16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
>>
>>134005314
He was meant to, but he has this baffled quizzical look on his face 90% of the time and it's really off-putting. He's not network. He should be local.
>>
>>134005645
>If you can repent your sins to a priest
>and if the pope can decide on what biblical doctrine should be followed

yes yes trinity is catholic doctrine so why you protestants follow it? its not in your holy book
>>
File: this is an argument.jpg (97KB, 458x600px) Image search: [Google]
this is an argument.jpg
97KB, 458x600px
>>134005908
>>
>>134005719
The 19th century was rife with the movement of the Holy Spirit, and rife with the movement of the demonic spirits.
>>
What's the Christian branch that doesn't concentrate on forgiveness? I believe that humans have to atone for their sins and not pray for forgiveness each time they commit a sin, since that teaches them nothing and leads them to continue doing so.
>>
>>134005271
>Has nothing to do with you and your priests and your pope.
The Priest's and THE Pope are DIRECT SPIRITUAL DESCENDANTS of the apostles. Protestants can claim nothing of the sort.
>The food and drink Jesus refers to are spiritual. Again, if you knew how to read the bible in context, massive numbers of people were following Jesus for free food. Jesus got rid of all of the wannabees by telling them that He is the real bread, and He is the real drink. That His body really was broken, and His blood really shed.

Except in that verse, only his 12 disciples were with him. and He orders them to "do it in memory of him" meaning he wasn't addressing any crowd or trying to get anyone to leave him

>But nobody ever ate Jesus; nothing ever turned into Jesus in anyone's stomach; same with the blood. God abhors cannibals and vampires and lawbreakers
I know you probably wont in your close-mindedness but please watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLLwFp8HFofjxoZAq7cxBL3jDBP_fIo-as&v=APz1v8oz1ms
>>134005322
>Also Paul warned about heretics that were around even during his day
He was talking about Protestants and the heresies from which they descend
>>
St. Augustine is pretty good I would recommend that first. If you want good Christian inspired epics the Divine comedy and paradise lost are good works but really just read the Bible the old testament (skip some parts though like the census sections) and read the whole new testament.
>>
>>134005863
It's gnostic garbage and should be avoided at all costs. "Women have to be turned into men before they can be saved." Rubbish.
>>
File: image.png (163KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163KB, 640x1136px
>>134005863
No. It's shit.
Read verse 114 on this
>>
>>134005518
>Christianity in summary.
Man in summary.

Is that kind of behavior supported by the doctrine? You know the answer.

It's fair to not worship due to experiences like that but that experience doesn't refute or even address the point at hand.
>>
>>134005908
Feels.

The flesh feels. Lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, pride of life.

These things are the three types of sin.
>>
>>134006099
It's in Genesis and throughout, actually. Elohim. A plural word used in the singular sense to refer to God.
>>
>>134005645
Then why are Protestants always starting their own denominations over theological differences? A truth cannot contradict another truth; Martin Luther's theory that the Holy Spirit would allow each believer to interpret the Bible privately has been debunked by the 33,000 (give or take) feuding Protestant denominations.

A country can not function on thousands of interpretations of its constitution; likewise, we need, and God established, a visible teaching authority.

>documents are doctored

No proof that they are. Fallacy of the shill gambit/poisoning the well
>>
>>134005310
Okay, it's funny that you mention James 2, let's write it down:

>Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

...this is a reference to the same story in Romans 4:2, in which it says about Abraham:

>For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; BUT NOT BEFORE GOD.

Was he justified by works? Yes he was, but not before God. Was he justified before man? Yes, he was, because man can not see your faith, only your works.
>>
>>134005844
>My citizenship in the City of God? Eternal.

And here I though most people actually learned to distinguish reality and fantasy around 12 or so.
>>
File: 10247302.gif (172KB, 270x199px) Image search: [Google]
10247302.gif
172KB, 270x199px
>see if it's the real deal

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>134006219
No, they're not. You have dozens of anti-popes, for one thing. Are they holy transmitters of this power too?

You have homosexuals, murderers, thieves, literally the sons of whores who bought the papal seat, and dozens of other reprobates.

Were they the transmitters of this holiness you rely on?
>>
>>134005908
No. Just because it looks nice doesn't mean it isn't corrupted. A whore can look nice but they're still evil.
>>
>>134001514
OP, here's something to think over, coming from a guy raised in a not-so-strict catholic home.
Firstly, I am against any form of organized religion but there are definitely some good moral lessons to be learned from almost any religion, but if you fall into the category of people who feel they need spiritual guidance from God, then good on you and best of luck.
Second, there's so many christian sects that if you really want to know the core beliefs, take a look at catholicism, orthodoxy and only then any protestant sects.
Third, you said
>>134002264
>I'm not willing to accept everything on face value
Well too bad because that's pretty much what becoming religious is all about, casting away your doubts and putting your life into the hands of god.
>>
>>134001514

Anything by David Pawson, especially this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1uFkq_wpOTJhZeCud6eW84CP1OPsEQgv

It's pretty long, but it's a great outline of what you need to do.
>>
>>134006099
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Fuck off retard
>>
>>134006446
Paul said why in the bible. Why not read the bible for your answers?

I follow Peter! I follow Paul! I follow Apollos!
(Carnality)

Do we all not follow Jesus, and Him alone?
>>
>>134006315
OH HO HO HO HO!!
>>
>>134006271

>Women have to be turned into men before they can be saved

I don't think you understand what this means, none of the esoteric sayings of Christ are meant to be taken at face value. I would encourage you to really try and understand his words, because you'll be amazed. The institutional church persecuted anyone who didn't conform to their agenda, many of the teachings of Christ needed to be kept secret so people can avoid persecution
>>
>>134004747
>Orthodox - Conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church.

The Catholic Church, along with every other sect that came after the split, changed pretty much everything within the Christian faith.

The Orthodox church, to this day, hasn't changed shit.
>>
>>134001514
I feel like /pol/ is only pushing Christianity as a tool to fight degeneracy and somehow fight (((them))) and doesn't really even believe in it. Not to say that's not enough of a reason.
>>
>>134006457
So odd to me that Jesus' half brother who never believed in him until after the resurrection somehow trumps Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, and arguably the greatest of the apostles.
>>
File: image.png (855KB, 977x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
855KB, 977x626px
>>134006219
>He was talking about Protestants and the heresies from which they descend
>protestants
>1 century
I don't think you know what protestants are.
>>
>>134006566
Why are you against any form or organized religion?

Is it worse than any other organized human endeavor? Like worse than government or facebook?
>>
>>134006197
Bumping my own question.
>>
>>134006446
>No proof that they are.
How about the Bible says so?
>>
>>134006494
Most people who are saved are probably saved at 12 or younger. Salvation is simple.

Adults make things complicated.

It's strange to me that you are an eternal being but unaware of your own nature, substituting instead the nature of an animal.
>>
File: spurgeon.jpg (68KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
spurgeon.jpg
68KB, 854x480px
Read "The Institutes of Christian Religion" by John Calvin.

Look up Reformed/Calvinist churches in your area. Speak to the Senior Pastor, ask him questions. Welcome to Based Christianity. ignore the roman catholic cucks.
>>
>>134005645
The Church neither added nor removed anything from scripture
It was protestants that removed books from the bible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther%27s_canon
Canon and scripture are not the same thing. Can you not wrap your mind around that?
>>134005989
All of this is literally warning Christians of the Protestant reformation. How can you not see that?
The Catholic Church had been continuing Christ's teachings since 33 AD, and Protestants were the ones that deceived and were deceived
>>
Interesting, I’ve been considering doing the same.

I’m a gay, 27 year old virgin, no meaning in my life. All I do is work.

I’ve been watching Sy Rogers. An effective, ex-gay (although now trans) speaker. Very pursuasive and engaging.
>>
>>134006724
Nothing gnostic is to be taken with any weight whatsoever, unless you want to practice lawlessness. It has nothing to do with God. The early gnostics left the disciples of Jesus and went their own way, demonstrating that they were never disciples of Jesus to begin with.

All over the error that "surely God could not become flesh and dwell with us".

John: "and the Word became flesh and dwelt with us."

So you have a choice to make.
>>
>>134001514
An abrahamic religion. Good choice goy.
>>
File: 1486964938617.jpg (80KB, 862x582px) Image search: [Google]
1486964938617.jpg
80KB, 862x582px
>>134005622
Is that the Hidden treasures one? I saw part of that. God's pretty autistic desu
>>
>>134006962
How can you be a gay virgin? Isn't the whole thing with being gay that you just drop your pants and ask who wants it?
>>
>>134006726
Yet you can't doctrinally point out to me what exactly the other denominations are getting wrong, whereas I can tell you exactly why "orthodoxy" is a wicked, unbiblical doctrine that has nothing to do with the Bible.
>>
>>134005465
It's important to know though. Otherwise you run the risk of being led to slaughter like the dummies welcoming refugees. You don't want to drift too far to either of the polarities. You must reconcile the spiritual with the very real material world political issues such as white genocide.
>>
>>134006816
A proper understanding of the nature of the forgiveness of sins is that it was accomplished at the cross.

To be saved, you don't even have to mention your sins, your sin nature, or your inability to stop sinning.

All you have to do is confess out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead.

If you want to pay the hellfire price for your own sins, Christianity is not for you.
>>
>>134006926
>The Catholic Church had been continuing Christ's teachings since 33 AD
Holy shit please stop. You can't gollow Jesus and believe you have to do works to be saved.

John 3
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
>15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
>16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
>18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
>36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
>>
I grew up in the roman cuckolic church and trust me you want no part in it at all.
>>
File: 1486210281243.png (170KB, 874x894px) Image search: [Google]
1486210281243.png
170KB, 874x894px
>>134006920
H E R E T I C

James 1

>Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Sirach 15 quoted by James
Do not say: “It was God’s doing that I fell away,”
for what he hates he does not do.
Do not say: “He himself has led me astray,”
for he has no need of the wicked.
Abominable wickedness the LORD hates
and he does not let it happen to those who fear him.
God in the beginning created man beings
and made them subject to their own free choice.
If you choose, you can keep the commandments;
loyalty is doing the will of God.
Set before you are fire and water;
to whatever you choose, stretch out your hand.
Before everyone are life and death,
whichever they choose will be given them.
Immense is the wisdom of the LORD;
mighty in power, he sees all things.
The eyes of God behold his works,
and he understands every man deed.
He never commands anyone to sin,
nor shows leniency toward deceivers.
>>
>>134006962
Heard some gay pastor say, the canonical Jesus Christ never married, fucked, or sired. If we say these aspects of human sexuality are intrinsic to human existence, we label our Lord 'sub-human'.

So be gay, but go forth to fight degeneracy, and sucketh no cock.
>>
>>134006926
The church has added and removed much from the bible over the years, including the 2nd commandment against idolatry since they are obviously idolaters.

The catholic church started in 325 AD, not 32 AD. Christianity started in 32 AD.
>>
>>134005818
>Catholic.com
>>
>>134006753
hitting the nail on the head, friend
>>
>>134006816
Jesus Christ died for our sins on the cross. He bore our sins in his own body, and atoned for the sins of the whole world, past, present and future. No one can "forgive sin" today, and no one can "wash away" sin. The Bible teaches that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, but because God loves us, he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
>>
>>134006962
Well Christ rejected you so there're is no point for you.
Romans 1:26-32
>>
File: 95theses.jpg (12KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
95theses.jpg
12KB, 197x256px
>>134007234
You're a roman Cuckolic. The biggest gay nightclub is underneath the Vatican.

I'm convinced the roman cuckolic church is apostate. The cuck popes try to usurp the authority of Jesus Christ all the time.
>>
File: Saint Peter_Crivelli.jpg (453KB, 736x2257px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Peter_Crivelli.jpg
453KB, 736x2257px
>>134007291
dealwithit
>>
>>134007152
Uh I don’t think so. I was sexually abused which I think messed with things. I’m attracted to older guys, so in theory I guess I could take my pick. But I just don’t want to engage in that.
>>
>>134006962
The Love, Acceptance, Meaning and Purpose you desire in your life can only be satisfied by God. You were created to house the Holy Spirit of God, who provides all of those things. Lacking Him, you are stuck with substitutes that will never satisfy any of those needs, much less meaning.

We're all pitiful sinners when we come to Jesus for salvation, regardless the temptations or sins we've committed. There are none so good that they need not be saved, and none so wicked that they cannot be saved.
>>
>>134007176
I see. Although I don't like the idea of forgiveness in that sense as it just means you're free to sin how much you want until you die as long as you believe in Jesus.
>>
>>134007223
True, but don't let them drive you away from Jesus.
>>
>>134007028

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5MFF2UNB4

I'd encourage you to give this a listen, I know this guy isn't a gnostic, not that I agree with him on everything. You're throwing around labels you don't even understand, Jesus himself was crucified as a heretic to the fundamentalists of his day
>>
popery is completely man-made. So is mariolatry, the worship of the saints, the heresy of transubstantiation, and the absolute joke/cuck of ecumenism which the roman church loves.
>>
>>134007434
I’m a virgin, how does this apply?
>>
File: pastor.webm (366KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pastor.webm
366KB, 1280x720px
>>134007388
>>
File: 1474922900864.png (38KB, 554x669px) Image search: [Google]
1474922900864.png
38KB, 554x669px
>>134007488
No the biggest gay nightclub is underneath your basement.
>cuck
Oy Vey you don't remember all those Crusades? Or the Inquisition? Or staking heretics? Or burning Witches?
>>
>>134007488
It is apostate, but also far worse than apostate.

People cannot believe it is a cult, because it is so large, and because it has been around for so long.

Such a wonderful lie.
>>
>>134007609
They did drive me away, for a time. It took John Calvin and the based Reformation Men to bring me back.
>>
>>134006197
Catholic and Orthodox believe you need to repent after each time you sin.
Most Protestants know you don't have to after each time because once you're saved yoir sins aren't counted against you(God will still punish you here though)
>>
>>134001514
I don't know man. The story starts with a talking snake. Then there is a Zombie and a 900 year old man.
>>
>>134007720
You lust after men. Men who lust after men are reprobates and reprobate means God rejected them.
>>
>>134007388
>past, present and future
Thanks for answering but this just means you can lie, murder, rape and steal and as long as you believe in Jesus you will be forgiven. My tiny brain doesn't comprehend how it's possible to live by such rules and call yourself a good human being. I believe that as humans we should be good to one-another and stop committing sins period (to our best power) instead of try being forgiven. Don't do that to others which you wouldn't be done to yourself.
>>
>>134006920
>OP expressing interest in christian religion for first time in his life
>american calvinist immediatly vouching for 6000 Gorrilion pages long dogmatic work

Yeah I think OP obviously has all the necessary foreknowlegde to immediatly dive in the strong dogmatic stuff. Not..
>>
>>134007803
So true anon. I now put roman catholicism in the same category as mormons and jehovahs witnesses. If you're roman Cuckolic you're a faggot and endorse faggotry.
>>
>>134006753
That's how it started for me so I got interested in how Christianity accomplished all that good stuff. Guys like Descartes and Justin martyr functioned for me as a sort of bridge from materialism back to the Christian way of thinking but the real answers are found in the Bible which bears witness to the perfect and eternal Word of God made flesh in Christ.
>>
>>134007538
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. And I'm sorry you have to deal with a very powerful temptation.

Do you want Jesus' help getting through life, and getting into heaven? He's more than willing, and has gone to great lengths to do so.
>>
always been methodist. been in an orthodox church too when i was younger. if you wanna get involved in christianity, good for you. id recommend methodist as all the orthodox preachers i remember were kind of batshit crazy. i know i have no real books, but thats my best tip imo
>>
>>134007762
Which Jesus said nit to kill heretics

Revelation 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Maybe instead if murdering people you try to convert them.
>>
>>134007822
>God will still punish you here though
You mean through karma? As in all that bad that you do will return to you and all good that you will return to you?
>>
File: belly laugh.gif (266KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
belly laugh.gif
266KB, 500x281px
>>134007968
>real answers are found in the Bible which bears witness to the perfect and eternal Word of God made flesh in Christ
>>
File: 1419893382301.jpg (128KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1419893382301.jpg
128KB, 640x640px
>>134007190
>>134007190
>Holy shit please stop. You can't gollow Jesus and believe you have to do works to be saved.
Except this is exactly what the early church believed
>15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
>16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
>17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
>18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
>36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Literally none of this contradicts salvation by works. Faith IS necessary but so are works
Galatians 5:6
>For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith WORKING THROUGH LOVE.
>And for this reason we too give thanks to God unceasingly, that, in receiving the word of God from hearing us, you received not a human word but, as it truly is, the word of God, which is now at work in you who believe.

You wrongly assume that faith is a one-time experience or some sort of state of mind, but Paul tells us that it is a life-long process and it is as physical as it is spiritual
>So then, my beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

You claim to love and revere the Bible but have as much understanding of it as a 5 year old child
>>
>>134007541
It's the natural reaction of natural man to hear that their sins are prepaid, and they can therefore sin as much as they want.

But do they not already sin as much as they want?

Jesus paid for my sins on the cross. All of them. And yet the Holy Spirit is with me, walking with me every step of the way, and every sin I commit, I drag Him into.

Do you really think I want to drag the Holy Spirit of God into any sin at all? No, if I had my way, I would "go and sin no more". But I find that even with God's indwelling presence, I cannot be perfect, as He was perfect when He was here.
>>
File: john calvin.jpg (75KB, 750x625px) Image search: [Google]
john calvin.jpg
75KB, 750x625px
>>134007936
LOL!! You want Dogma? embrace roman Cuckolism. Calvinism is simply the Gospel you fags. Listen to what Charles Spurgeon said.
>>
>>134007663
Jesus was crucified because Jesus wanted to be crucified.

Shun all gnosticism and head for epignosis.
>>
File: christians.jpg (165KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
christians.jpg
165KB, 1600x900px
>>134001514
Go catholic, they are based. Everything else is just watered down Christianity
>>
>>134007488
He provides scriptural evidence for Catholicism
>proceed to spew baseless Alex Jones drivel/ad hominem attacks

Happens all the time. The Catholics are the only intellectually honest ones in apologetics. Always remain calm and level headed, and respond to subject at hand.

Protestants, meanwhile, just starting screeching "WHORE OF BABYLON REEEEE", and everything else Jack Chick cooked up that was refuted in 1998.
>>
>>134007931
He will pinish you on earth if you sin though

Hebrews 12
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
>>
Call no man Father. What do roman Cuckolics do? Call priests Father and worship the cuck pope as if he were Jesus.
>>
>>134007931
>Thanks for answering but this just means you can lie, murder, rape and steal and as long as you believe in Jesus you will be forgiven.
That is correct, but don't think that eternal salvation means that you should go out and commit sins, because God will punish you for it on this earth, and you will be called "least" in the Kingdom of Heaven. I also believe that if you truly believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, that he died for your sins, then you will follow the things he told us to do, that are good.

But what's important to understand is that our own works can never save us. If we rely on our own goodness to get into heaven, we'll all go to hell, because the Bible says, "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one". There is a even a story in the Bible in Matthew chapter 7, where someone comes to Jesus and says: "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?", and Jesus responds, "I never knew you, depart from me". Because if you trust your own good works to get you into heaven, you're not going. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

I hope you understand the biblical/theological logic behind this. It's brilliant.
>>
>>134007972
The temptation wasn’t that powerful, I just didn’t want to act on it.
>>
>>134008108
see >>134008279
>>
>>134007720
Please don't pay him any heed. I'll show you the hope he is not showing you.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you.

And such were some of you means that the Christians going to heaven and listening to Paul used to be categorized as the sinners above, but no longer are.

That is the hope we have.
>>
File: 1499639994409.png (391KB, 399x459px) Image search: [Google]
1499639994409.png
391KB, 399x459px
>>134008094
>And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Revelations 19:20

BURN THE HERETIC. JESUS SAYS SO
>>
>>134007388
>that whosoever believeth
Believeth to me doesn't implies a one time instant justification. Believeth to me implies on ongoing life time justification by faith. Also, I believe that once you accept the lord, you enter in to a father son relationship, where you will be punished or rewarded accordingly for works. I don't believe for one second you just get to do what you want without recourse because you said a sentence. Also, it's been communicated to me by the lord that daily repentance is appreciated, and also renders good results in terms of answered prayers.
>>
>>134007277
The Catholic Church started at Pentacost on 32 AD
The Church hasn't removed anything, you are speaking nonesense, either prove it or don't stupify this conversation with your lack of historical knowledge
>>
>>134008217
So Calvin's Institution is part of the new testament now? Good to know, I suppose.
>>
>>134007968
>but the real answers are found in the Bible which bears witness to the perfect and eternal Word of God made flesh in Christ.

THIS!
>In the beginning was the Word
>And the Word was with God
>And the Word was God
>And the Word became flesh and walked among us
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 500x293px
>>134008144
>says whosever believeth
Well what he really meant was believe and works

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Well you see it says you're saved by faith and not works but what he really ment was faith and works
>>
File: 18667191163.jpg (215KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
18667191163.jpg
215KB, 1125x1500px
>>134008380
>It's brilliant
it's garbage
>>
>>134008263
The scriptural basis for speaking ill of Roman Catholicism is exactly that; it's Mystery Babylon, and the Harlot is the city that sets on 7 hills and rules over the kings of the earth.

You're arguing from the den of hell that you are the true believers.
>>
>>134008220

It's an awful thing to assume, but the dark manipulators want people to buy into this religious determinism. Our freewill and ability to make change is something that God doesn't interfere with, there is no love without freedom and all the suffering and injustice is our own doing. Christ taught illumination and radical love, he wasn't killed to please an angry and violent diety.
>>
>>134008279
Not punish; guide and discipline.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>134008254
Yes Cuckolicks are #1
>>
File: 1498258734252.png (170KB, 254x395px) Image search: [Google]
1498258734252.png
170KB, 254x395px
>>134008572
>>134008217
CANT HANDLE SCRIPTURE

>God in the beginning created Mankind
and made them subject to their own free choice.

>Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
>>
>>134008383
You're correct in assuming it has molded your personality and damaged you in ways you may not recognize.

Regardless, do you have any interest in finding out more about Jesus, and heaven? I'll be happy to answer any question you might have.
>>
John Calvin is the Chief Engineer of the Reformation, Luther sparked it. Luther only wanted to clean up parts of roman catholicism. John Calvin wanted to just get back to the Bible instead of what all these cucks made up. John Calvin is based.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x453px
>>134008379
Kiss my hand filthy heretic
>>
>>134001514
Now why would you want to dip your toes in shit?
>>
File: 1493694815250.png (184KB, 1794x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493694815250.png
184KB, 1794x547px
>>134008738
S T A K E
>>
>>134008569
Constantine, 325 AD, by the mass baptism of pagans into the Roman Catholic church. And the word catholic changed its meaning from universal to exclusive.

Catholics are just pagans. That's all. And pagans gotta do what pagans gotta do.

Provide people with an alternative to being saved by Jesus.
>>
>>134008473
>the antichrist and false prophet represent all heretics
>>
>>134001514
>>134005348

Jehova's witnesses are not just heretics, they're straight out blasphemers. Back to the depths of hell with you, where your father resids.

For someone interested in roman catholic faith: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

For Orthodoxy: http://www.pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/Orthodox_Catechism_of_Philaret.htm#ii.xv.iii.i.p1 and ancientfaith.com

For protestantism I have no clue, they're heretics anyway.
But whichever denomination you want to try out: Avoid JW at all costs. They're blasphemers and deny the godhood of Jesus Christ, which makes them essentially perfect proxy-jews on a mission to subvert and falsify the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>134008738
KEK INDEED! S M H
>>
File: 1499038842267.jpg (945KB, 2056x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1499038842267.jpg
945KB, 2056x1620px
>>134008898
S U B V E R S I V E
>>
Former Militant Atheist here - I wouldnt even start to try to read the bible. That should be your last step. Once you start believing in a Christian God then I would pick up the bible.

I would look up former Atheist articles and read their testimonies. Here are few at this site.
https://jamesbishopblog.com/category/testimonies/from-atheism/page/2/

I would also give the Intelligent design proponents a chance and start reading their works.

https://evolutionnews.org/

Plenty videos to watch on youtube on some testimonials. Here are some videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYYIaEUQY6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2UHLPVHjug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Ab6l0q784&list=PL907mwCJrsZ21tpk3h0SxMnybWtXEXzJC&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kThUVIe704I&index=10&list=PL907mwCJrsZ21tpk3h0SxMnybWtXEXzJC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVK1L-bXr1Q&list=PL907mwCJrsZ21tpk3h0SxMnybWtXEXzJC&index=13

There are lots of smart people that tells their story. MSM will not give any of them coverage.

Christians get a bad rap. The leftist created a stereotype among the Christians. Its all bullshit.

Christians are very diverse in thought. Look up Young Earth Creationism, Theistic Evolution, Progressive Creationism, Old Earth Creationism, Old Earth Young Human.

Good Luck - hopefully you see the light.
>>
>>134009012
*KEK
>>
>>134008684
Exactly. He died so that we might live.
>>
>>134008473
Also heretics still go to hell retard. Just try to convert them so they don't have to.

Also that pic is out of context. That's talking about the mellienial kingdom not right now.
>>
>>134009006
I thought Orthodox and Protestants got along?
>>
>>134009081
C U C K
>>
>>134008678
Put this in your pipe and smoke it:
https://www.catholic.com/tract/hunting-the-whore-of-babylon
>>134008678

Vatican Hill is not one of the seven hills of Rome. It's on the other side of the Tiber River; it was a graveyard where the Romans dumped all the plebes, including one Peter the Apostle (which archaeologists have confirmed).
>>
>>134008254
So now you are using pagan/atheist memes to kick fellow christians while they are down in terms of the leadership of their church having been compromised. Bad form. I am a protestant but I admire the catholic church for what they did for nearly a century to stand up against communism up until vatican 2. Also, they stuck it to the jews for centuries.
>>
>>134008935
"I shall call you Peter, and upon you, Peter, will I build my church."

--Things Jesus never said.
>>
>>134008838
Damaged me in ways I may not recognise?
>>
>>134008626
>For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Literally no Catholic believes that you "save yourself" That's why we have the sacraments, they are God's gifts upon our lives

Well you see it says you're saved by faith and not works but what he really ment was faith and works
>Well you see it says you're saved by faith and not works but what he really ment was faith and works

Who would you believe more Paul, or Jesus himself?
Matthew Chapter 25:
>31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne,
>32 and all the nations* will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
>33 He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
>34 Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
>35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
>36 naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’
>37 Then the righteous* will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
>38 When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
>39 When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’
>40 And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
>41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
>>
>>134009157
Whores lie.

This is known.
>>
File: 1497636068750.jpg (110KB, 774x436px) Image search: [Google]
1497636068750.jpg
110KB, 774x436px
>>134008992
>And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”
SORRY WHAT WAS THAT?
>And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

It' looks lawful to me

>>134009108
>please don't burn witches and commies they need god's mercy
>please don't kill infidels, Achmed NEEDS us
THEY"RE GOING HOME
TO HELL
>>
>>134009121

I didn't say it wasn't so. I have no disdain for them, if you mean that. They're heretics, but this is nothing of my business anyway.
>>
>>134009056
Interesting perspective.
>>
>>134009157
The Bishop of Rome is not confined to the Vatican; the Whore has her own apartment on the outskirts of the city, like a good little whore.

Built on a graveyard and on a temple to Diana, the pagan goddess you now call Mary.
>>
File: 1496776366958.png (311KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496776366958.png
311KB, 1000x500px
>>134009191
Actually that is what it says in the original languages
>>134008935
>>
>>134009246
Yes, of course. My friend was raped by a child molester and became hyper-masculine; had to get married right away, have a ton of kids, join the Marine Corps, fight at the drop of a hat; you just don't know what all goes into the process from the inside.
>>
>>134007160
>"orthodoxy" is wicked
>unbiblical doctrine that has nothing to do with the Bible.
All these protestants trying to teach birds how to fly. It's traditional Christianity similiarly practiced by the early Christians, you braindead fundamentalist.
>>
>>134008379
every
fuckin
time
Its to pogans greeks romans etc

Pogans used to give human status to trees , stars and objects on sky

calling them Mother Earth, Father Sun etc

I bet you dont call you dad father too?
>>
>>134009259
Literally no Catholic knows they're saved, because they're not.
>>
>>134009006
JW's and Mormons aren't Protestants. They're not Christians. Anyone who denies the divinity of Christ or the Trinity itself are anathema. With you being an Orthobro, I understand that you consider me a heretic and I understand why. It's unfortunate that you reject Sola Scriptura but you have a valid argument.
The point I'm getting at is that you're unsure about the Protestants and I'm a little more sure than you so to help your advice, I would say if the OP is looking to join a Protestant Church, he should look for one with sound, biblical theology. I would recommend Reformed Baptists or most Presbyterian churches to start. If you're seeking a little more pomp and circumstance, a more deliberate liturgy, I would encourage you to check out the Reformed Anglicans or as a last resort a WELS Lutheran Church.
If the OP wants to go old school, I would say that the Eastern Orthodox Church is a great option. I'm not Orthodox myself but I hold their tradition in very high regard.
>>
>>134009367
I'm not a protestant.
Did you not read my post? I'm a Catholic and I love the Orthodox, and wish that the Schism was brought to an end
>>
>>134009367
All these caterpillars saying they are butterflies.
>>
>>134008684
True, without freewill there is no sin. That is why atheists are always trying to act as if the hard problem of consciousness has been solved, and that matter creates consciousness and not the other way around.
>>
Sup guys, newly converted Christian here.

Anyone got any good guides on cuckshed construction? Something cheap, mistress only gave me $100 for the week.

Also, how can I get the immigrants my wife is hosting in our house to stop bullying me?

Thank you in advance and God bless.
>>
>>134009518

This is for you>>134009631
>>
>>134009631
Yeah, I fucked up and misquoted.
>>
>>134008144
>For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith WORKING THROUGH LOVE.

For goodness sake, man. Have you even read the beginning of Galatians 5?

>5:4: Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

>5:5: For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

So the two verse immediately preceding your verse (5:6) literally comes right out and says that if you're adding to your own faith by trusting in your works (circumcision) then you are not saved. Now let me ask you something: is "LOVE" works? Is it "works" to love? Yes or no?
>>
>>134009472
It is not, actually, because it is a) not written in Aramaic, b) written in Hebrew, and c) the inspired Greek text uses two different words.

Petros, Peter. The stone.

petra, the cliff or rock. The foundation. Which is Jesus Christ.

God is called the Rock over 50 times in the bible. If you read the bible, you'd know that.

If you could reason, you'd know that Peter was not suitable to be the foundation of the entire church. He was not even the lead apostle. Just the most impetuous one.

Jesus called Peter "satan".

Peter denied Jesus three times.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (14KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
14KB, 256x197px
>>134009396
>pagan goddess
Strawman, strawman. "He said to the Disciple whom he loved, 'behold your mother', and from that moment the disciple took her into his home".

Image:
>Catholicism is the whore of Babylon actually, no, and here's why : (posts link)
>Still Whore of Babylon! Not listening!
>>
>>134001514
Dr Charles Stanley is fantastic
>>
>>134001514
>Walter Veith
Remember his name, listen his lectures for free on YouTube, especially the Total Onslaught.
Thank me later or in the afterlife.
>>
>>134009726
And why they believe in hard determinism, in order to shed themselves of any individual responsibility.
>>
File: Christkikes .png (1MB, 2553x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Christkikes .png
1MB, 2553x1369px
>>
>>134009259
How does this teach works based salvation?
>>
>>134009782
>is "LOVE" works? Is it "works" to love
The word used in greek was "Kharis" which meant a self-giving love. A love that isn't just a feeling but action.
>>
File: 565787.jpg (69KB, 450x618px) Image search: [Google]
565787.jpg
69KB, 450x618px
Christian 4channers lol, you people are such hypocrites at least the mudslimes follow what they preach.
>>
>>134009813
Yes, Mary became John's mother.

And John became Mary's son.

That's how Jesus took care of His mother.

What on earth is your point.
>>
File: st peters basilica 2.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
st peters basilica 2.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
Sorry who built this.... IM FUCKING WAITING
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 554x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 554x335px
>>134008569
>>
>>134002264
>seeing if it works
That isn't how religion works anon. You would have to die to figure out if you picked the right one. That is what the faith part is.
>>
>>134009811
>Peter denied Jesus three times.
>But Jesus ask him three times If He love Him

John 21:15
>>
>>134009949
Oh, so you're gonna do the whole "WELL THE ORIGINAL GREEK WORD CAN MEAN 259 DIFFERENT THINGS, SO LET'S PICK WHAT'S THE MOST CONVENIENT TO ME". We can do that until the cows come home.
>>
>>134009948
It does, but not for us. It's the Sheep and Goat Judgment after the Second Coming, to separate out the Tribulation saints from the lost.

The Tribulation saints have to have their own faith, maintain their own faith, and demonstrate their own faith without the sealing of the Holy Spirit, and they have to do it unto death. The ones who survive go into the Millennial Kingdom.

The people who do not, who are goats, are cast into hell.

The actual Great White Throne Judgment is not for another 1000 years after this. People who think their works will save them point to these verses that have nothing to do with them, as they are not Tribulation saints (and not likely to become Tribulation saints).

All the bible is for us; not all the bible is to us.
>>
>>134009259
It says saved by faith retard.

Matthew 25 is about people accepting Jesus. It's Jesus saying "why didn't accept me" he says "me" everytime. Not "that homeless guy 15 years ago"
>>
>>134010017
Where you have idolatry in Catholic Church?

The image of Christ or Mary or Saints are idolatry to you?
>>
>>134009390
Im a deist - not a Christian but since ive been doing research on world religions and scientific research, I can see myself siding with the Christians more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H4ntRloGWU&t=101s

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=douglas%20axe
Douglas Axe does good work.

Dr. John Sanford.

There are a shit tons of Christians Scientist who have excellent books or videos.
>>
>>134010184
That is the great white judgement
>>
File: 1474756157189.jpg (730KB, 1323x1795px) Image search: [Google]
1474756157189.jpg
730KB, 1323x1795px
>>134009811
>>134008935

IT SAYS RIGHT THERE
KOINE GREEK THE WORD MEANS THE SAME THING
AND JESUS SPOKE THAT IN ARAMAIC SO EITHER WAY I WIN FAGGOT. Did God make a mistake by Calling peter the Rock? If he wasn't acting on Gods behalf as his Rock then he wouldnt have called him that. ANd he said
> And I will give thee the keys to the Kingdom of heaven

"the Novatian heretics have not the succession of Peter, who hold not the chair of Peter, which they rend by wicked schism; and this, too, they do, wickedly denying that sins can be forgiven even in the Church, whereas it was said to Peter: ‘I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound also in heaven, and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed also in heaven."

Saint Ambrose of Milan
ALL the Church Fathers Verify this
>>
>>134009811
>denied him three times
And Peter was forgiven at/after the Resurrection. "Do you love Me? Feed my sheep".

And it's obvious in the Acts of the Apostles, at the Counsel of Jerusalem, that Peter is the appointed leader.

Why would Jesus say, "you [Simon bar Jonah] are Rock, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the Gates of He'll will not reval against it"? Is Jesus switching back and forth?
>>
>>134009948
It's a clear indication that no matter how much the "goats" believed, the refused to care for those on the earth. They refused to do God's work on the earth.

I think I see the root of the problem now, you misunderstand what the Church means by "works"
Works aren't empty tasks, or phrases one does. Works is living a life of self-giving love to God and to your neighbor. The Church's definition of sinning is refusing to love like God loves, and by this definition the refusal to do "works" IE care for those around you and for the world in an outward manner, is sin. That passage clearly shows that those who commit sins of omission by refusing to "do works" will be sent to hell as much as the non-believers
>>
>>134010196
Yes, of course it's idolatry, and it's also idolatry to parade around dead bodies of saints touching them and being superstitious like Catholics do.
>>
>>134009625

Well as I said a bit further down, I have no disdain for protestants. I understand what was driving Luther, and given the time, I would've prolly joined him back then - for the single reason, that I, as pleb, would've prolly not known about the schism.

After all the most important thing is to have Christ in your heart. The heretic part kicks in when it comes to rejecting the importance of workings and interpretation, but I'm no theologian and I (have to) get along with people, so what does my opinion count for.

We're not to judge, for he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

God bless you and OP. The journey to God will be hardship and struggle at times, but it's worth it !
>>
>>134004349
This anon gets it. If you intend to be at all philosophical in your thinking you need to accept Christianity as a discipline, not a theology. The gnostic side will round it out nicely and keep you from getting stuck in a trap.
>>
File: anglican.png (212KB, 493x369px) Image search: [Google]
anglican.png
212KB, 493x369px
>>134001514
Come hither, my child
>>
>>134010017
Yeah, this really is an abomination. Idolaters seeking cover by changing what God wrote in stone.
>>
>>134010196
>praying to paintings or statures of people that we have 0 idea if what they actually looked like isn't idoltry
That pocture of Jesus you have is not what Jesus looked like. Especially if he has long hair(like most believe) because men should not have long hair.

1 Corinthians 11
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Also you should pray just to God not the apostles
>>
>>134010382
Deal with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XULTHbK5z8
>>
>>134003302
I would encourage you to look at the foundations of the Orthodox Church from beyond the Western eyepiece. God bless you.
>>
File: 1486006146700.gif (66KB, 223x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486006146700.gif
66KB, 223x199px
>>134010564
>you cant be friends with the saints, thats WORSHIP.
Yikes don't you know the word FRIENDSHIP? Jesus Christ, oy vey I'm going to hell because I told Peter hello you're such a bro
>>
>>134010077
He did.

Jesus: Do you agape me, Peter?
Peter: You know I do.

Jesus: Do you agape me, Peter?
Peter: You know I do.

Jesus: Do you philia me, Peter?
Peter: Lord, you know all things, you know that I philia you.
>>
>>134001514
A very good one is Rabbi Jesus by Bruce Chilton.
>>
>>134010190
Good word this is either some epic mental gymnastics, or you do not possess the mental capacity for allegory. You are not figuratively, LITERALLY, the goats in the passage
>>40 And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
It's as plain as day
>>134010131
Wrong, the original Greek had 4 different types of words for love. Kharis, was specifically chosen for that passage
>>
>>134010252
I will check it out.
>>
>>134010261
The Great White Throne Judgment is at the end of the 1000 year kingdom.

The Sheep and Goat Judgment is at the beginning of the 1000 year kingdom.
>>
>>134009976
Jesus left Mary, His mother, to His disciples; not only John the Apostle, but to all believers.

Loving Mary as your mother in Christ is not idolatry. She does not take the place of any Person in the Trinity. She is, rather, given unique honor as God's Mother (Mary is Jesus' mom, Jesus is God, therefore, Mary is mother to God).

This does not mean Mary is before or above God by any means (she is eternally subordinate to Him). She served God the Son as His mother.

And from Scripture, it's evident Mary has nothing but undying loyalty to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. "Do whatever He tells you".
>>
>>134010293
You're relying on the spoken word and not on the inspired text.

And you have no way of knowing what the spoken word was.

And it was not the first time Jesus called Peter a rock.

But the foundation is clearly not just Peter, as demonstrated in this thing called the bible:

Ephesians 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
>>
File: image.png (673KB, 998x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
673KB, 998x400px
>>134010736
There's a difference between saying hair and making a shrine to them.

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Notice he didn't say me and my friends and mary
>>
>>134001514
YOU ARE A FAGGOT
>>
>>134010382
Wrong

Saints are not dead
they are in heaven with Christ
you will be saint to when you die

In old testament isrealites do not seen God
but in New Testament God revealed himself in body of Jesus Christ and people seen him
>>
>>134001514
This thread flew by. Only a few trolls, and nobody gave them any (you)s. Good job christians.
>>
>>134001514
Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said,
“Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart,
and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell.
But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
This means that God can legally dismiss their case:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift.
Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.
>>
>>134010322
James was the head of the Jerusalem council, and made the rulings.

And he was not even a disciple.

And Paul gave not one fig for James' decision, and of course Paul had dressed down Peter earlier for being a hypocrite and keeping kosher when the Jews from Jerusalem came to visit.

No, Peter didn't even understand what Paul wrote, and Peter wrote very little himself. He was never a leader, never in Rome as anything but a prisoner, and never started any Roman church that became the Roman Catholic church.

It's all just a lie from the pit of hell.
>>
>>134010813
>says not of works
>means works
>>
>>134001514
Why not go outside and dip your toes in some nice fresh dogshit instead? It's pretty much the same as christianity, but without the collection plate.
>>
>>134010840

Talking about Christian scientists:

Francis Collins, "The Language of God", is a pretty good pledge in favor of Christian faith [independent of denomination] and appeals to those that are more STEM-related. It's what brought me interest - together with C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity".
>>
>>134011060
Praying "to" a saint is a misnomer. In reality, you are praying *with* them, and asking them to pray for you. See the "Cloud of Witnesses" mentioned in Hebrews 11
>>
>>134010876
Matthew 25 and Revelation 20 pretty much match up perfectly
>>
>>134011154
>This is literally the only retort to the dozens of arguments I provided that disprove that
kay, at least you tried kid
>>
>>134010813
What verse are you yapping about?

Original Word: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: charis
Phonetic Spelling: (khar'-ece)
Short Definition: grace, favor, kindness
Definition: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness.
>>
>>134006863
>It's strange to me that you are an eternal being but unaware of your own nature, substituting instead the nature of an animal.

Fantasy is not awareness. Existence is not simple, unless you are.
>>
File: 1481328301570.jpg (614KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
1481328301570.jpg
614KB, 800x609px
>>134011010
You didn't prove a sakc of shit. that wasnt my point at all.

Do I need a Jessu slip when I take sally next door down the street for a date? No

>works aren't involed in salvation
SORRY WHAT

>Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
>18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
>And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin... And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds...But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

WHATS THIS
OY VEY
>>
>>134010736
Saints are our family not idols idiot
THE BODY OF CHRIST
They are alive in Christ
I you were true christian you would know that

Christians used to believe that when you die on Earth you are alive in Heaven with Christ
just saying..
>>
>>134001514
https://www.youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

https://www.youtube.com/user/AominOrg

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrOakley1689

Good channels, hopefully they help people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97k4z6Qe7JM&t=18s[Embed]

A true Gospel presentation. Hopefully those who haven't heard watch, and those who have can share this.

I don't know how this message can stand out among all the rest of the noise, but I hope and pray you all use these resources.
>>
>>134011331
>ALOHA SNACKBAR MUH IDOLATRY
>Having a friend is like having an idol
WRONG HAVING A FRIEND IS LIKE HAVING A FRIEND
>>
>>134010949
No, just to John, knowing that John would be alive past Mary's death.

Tell that to the RCC which made Mary the Co-Mediatrix between man and God. And made her birth sinless. And made her life sinless. And said she ascended alive into heaven. And said she can hear your prayers. And said she could intercede for you.

Tell that to an idol of Mary in your pagan temple as you rub pagan prayer beads and light pagan candles to the pagan "Mother of God" and "Queen of Heaven".
>>
>>134011263
You provided a parable and 0 clear statements. Sole Fide is found over 100 times
http://www.newcovenantbaptist.org/100-bible-verses-on-salvation-by-faith-alone/
>>
>>134001514
We live in a time of madness, hersey and abomination. If someone make a claim that sound strange to you, check with history. If it was not part of christendom for the past 2000 years it is not christian.
>>
>>134011060
Did God know they were alive in heaven when He forbid communicating with them?
>>
>>134011430
Inspiring philosophy is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ
>>
>>134011274
>What verse are you yapping about?
Matthew 25: 37-41
>grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ
Except the word is older than Jesus's coming to earth, and was used by Greeks before Christianity, the original meaning is simply, "giving love (kindness if you prefer)"
>>
>>134011252
They bookend the 1000 year kingdom of God.

There will be sheep in the first judgment, and there will be saved in the latter (people born in the Millennium who did not die naturally, and believe).
>>
>>134011283
If existence is not simple, why do you think you die and that's it?
>>
>>134011674
Why do you assume I do? If you assumed complexity would you not assume alternatives? Why do you think everything is reductionist to just exactly the one thing you happened to have been told before 12?
>>
>>134011569
Look it up in Strong's. It's not used in Matthew. or Mark.
>>
File: 1497389663383.png (566KB, 1900x2635px) Image search: [Google]
1497389663383.png
566KB, 1900x2635px
>>134011569
> χάρις
Wrong in Attic Greek Charis is mostly used to describe the act of recieving divine favor from a greek god, blessings and curses, which are based off of obedience. Sacrificial offerings the Greeks gave to their demons were also called Charis, in return. See this screencap on paganism he describes Charis in greek and roman paganism in it
>>
File: il_340x270.1202988505_gw6q.jpg (24KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1202988505_gw6q.jpg
24KB, 340x270px
>>134009873
>Walter Veith.
Total onslaught is a great series. Walter is redpilled AF
>>
>>134001514
Start by reading "Reasonable Faith" by Dr. Craig. Honestly this book should be required pol reading just so we can get away from the "all Christians are fucking retards" meme.
>>
>>134011504
>He forbid communicating with them?
communicating with who?

Some people are in sleep
Some people are in hell
some of them have status "Saint"
when we are sure that they are with God now
>>
>>134011828
You dismiss the truth so readily, yet say the matter is complex.

Because what I knew before I was 12 was that God is right about everything and that by agreeing with God on literally everything, I would sustain no error in my thinking. Over the decades that has proven to be true. The bible has always been right, and nothing else has.
>>
>>134002381
that's inverted upon its head , you're full of shit, better you go drive a bullet through your head
>>
>>134011954
There is no such thing as soul sleep; the term sleep was used to refer to the body of Christians when their spirits had gone to heaven already.

Did God know that the saints were alive in heaven when He forbid any attempt to contact them, yes or no?
>>
File: download (5).jpg (6KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
6KB, 232x218px
>>134011146
>was not even a Disciple
There were two Jameses, the son of Zebedee and the Son of Alphaeus.
>was never in Rome
Was crucified upside down there.

Here we are again. Catholics cite their sources and provide scriptural and historical evidence, while Protesants parrot the same long-debunked platitudes of Jack Chick and Harold Camping.

>It's a lie because it's a pro-Catholic argument
>It's a pro-Catholic argument, so it's a lie
>>
>>134011453
>refusing to click on Catholic sources but expecting me to click on his biased sources.
I have to go, but In the name of Christian unity and dialogue I will give it a read, but as you probably know, I'm very familiar with all of those, and know that they are also misrepresented by a wrong interpretation and a wrong translation of the Bible.
https://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/FAWORKS.htm
If you are at all interested in my beliefs and those of my fellow Catholics, and want to form your own opinion instead of rehashing what your minister told you over and over I suggest you give that you read the above.
I'll be praying for you and asking St. Augustine for intercession, peace be with you anon.
>>
>>134011993
You mistake knowledge for certainty and belief for truth. Of course any fixed idea will prove itself true.

Question everything and come back to your belief, if true, stronger. Follow the path without question and you might as well be an ass.

There is nothing in it for me, and I don't care, it's just a difference of personal temperament.
>>
>>134012125
Revelation 8:5 "Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a gold censer. He was given a great quantity of incense to offer, along with the prayers of all the holy ones, on the gold altar that was before the throne"

Prayers of the Holy Ones, aka, the saints in Heaven. They are in the Presence of God, and will pray for us.
>>
>>134012125
He forbid any attempt to contact them?
But we have no contact with them
we dont talk to each other :D
We only asking for the intercession to Christ
they are closer to him in heaven
>>
>>134012125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb23Z5X3uhA
>>
>>134012281
>biased
HA I'll just post them then

>Genesis 15:6: And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
>Matthew 7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (See John 6:40)
>Matthew 7:22-23: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
>Luke 5:20: And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
>Luke 23:40-43: But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.
>John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
>John 3:18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
>John 6:28-29: Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
>John 6:40: And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (See Matthew 7:21)
>>
>>134012543
Thise prayers are the prayers of believers to God
>>
>>134013024
>John 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
>Luke 5:24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
>John 6:40: And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
>John 6:47: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
>>
>>134013125
>Acts 10:43: To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
>Acts 16:31: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
>Romans 1:17-18: For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
>Romans 3:28: Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
>Romans 4:5: But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
>Romans 5:1: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
>Romans 10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
>Romans 11:6: And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
>Romans 14:23: …for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
>1 Corinthians 1:21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
>Galatians 2:16: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified
>>
>>134013182
>Galatians 2:21: I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
>Galatians 3:8: And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
>Galatians 5:4-5: Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
>Ephesians 1:13-14: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
>Ephesians 2:8-10: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
>Philippians 3:9: And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
>1Timothy 1:1: Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
>Titus 3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
>James 2:10: For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
>>
File: 5835584419_d06f6fc75d_b.jpg (592KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5835584419_d06f6fc75d_b.jpg
592KB, 1024x768px
If you want to be an honest Christian you need to become an Orthodox Christian and get the faith from the source, monastic Elders or learned priests , who have the experience and knowledge to guide you , its not easy . Not every priest is a 'real'one . You need to be lucky.

>>134002954
>>134003270
>>134003302
>>134006535
>>134007160
>>134008569

pff american nonsense
>>134004060
but it grinds my gears when Orthodox falsly claim to be the ""original"" denomination of Christianity when it really just started as a schismatic movement in the 9th century.
>It didnt where you get your data

>>134009121
yes somewhat, the saints of Orthodoxy do not malign Protestants but are wary of how someone can grab the bible and give their own ,false sometimes, explanations to the flock.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.