[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(((Disney))) gives reason to why Steve Whitmire got fired:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Frogs.jpg (104KB, 780x488px) Image search: [Google]
Frogs.jpg
104KB, 780x488px
http://www.toughpigs.com/disney-statement/

>The role of Kermit the Frog is an iconic one that is beloved by fans and we take our responsibility to protect the integrity of that character very seriously. We raised concerns about Steve’s repeated unacceptable business conduct over a period of many years and he consistently failed to address the feedback. The decision to part ways was a difficult one which was made in consultation with the Henson family and has their full support.

As well as the reasons why he was fired:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-says-fired-kermit-frog-actor-unacceptable-business-conduct-1021701

>In a Monday interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Whitmire explained that he was let go by Disney in October. He was given two reasons: unwanted notes during the short-lived Muppets reboot on ABC and a union disagreement. News of his termination has since come to light after months of being told he was going to be "honored for his contributions" to the Muppets and the hope of working out issues with Disney brass.

>Company's Politics. Nothing personnel, man.
>>
>>134000631
Statement from Muppets Studio (courtesy ToughPigs.com):
>"The role of Kermit the Frog is an iconic one that is beloved by fans and we take our responsibility to protect the integrity of that character very seriously. We raised concerns about Steve’s repeated unacceptable business conduct over a period of many years and he consistently failed to address the feedback. The decision to part ways was a difficult one which was made in consultation with the Henson family and has their full support."
>>
File: 1500324261016.png (162KB, 534x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500324261016.png
162KB, 534x350px
For those of you who don't know, let me catch you up to speed:
>Steve Whitmire, the man who took on the role of Kermit The Frog after Jim Henson's death in 1990, was apparently fired by the Walt Disney Company (the owners of The Muppets franchise for about 12-13 years) in October of 2016.
>This explains why over the past six months none of Whitmire's characters (like Kermit, Rizzo, and The Newsman) have appeared in any Muppet videos or television appearances.
>A few days after his first statement, Whitmire posted another statement on his blog vaguely implying that the Walt Disney Company wanted to get away from Jim Henson's vision for the characters, and he was fired for trying to stop Disney from going forward with any of their projects.
Now that brings us to today:
>Cheryl Henson, the President of the Jim Henson Foundation and a member of the Board of Directors for The Jim Henson Company, released pic related on Facebook today, stating that Steve's Kermit is disgraceful to her father's legacy and it was her brother Brian (who's probably more involved with the company than her) Jane Henson (Jim's wife), and Frank Oz who agreed that Steve should be the new Kermit.
>>
(((They))) ruin everything.

http://timesofsandiego.com/business/2017/07/06/angry-and-sad-comic-con-vendor-ends-44-year-run/

>Jason Kleinman added: “It’s such a shame. I miss the old days when comic book shows were at dark out of the way hotel conference rooms and the only people who went to them were comic fans who found out about the show from their comic shop!”

>“I remember when SDCC was about comic books, artists, inkers and the writers,” Jitsu said on Facebook. “Now it’s just a media circus promoting everything beyond just the comic book stuff. Now it’s just about waiting in line to buy the next toy.”

>Hugo Valentin Negron wrote: “It’s sad when the backbone of the industry is treated in this manner. It was the comics that started this mega pop culture ride, and seeing them pushed aside in favor of everything BUT comics at events that literally were grown by them is a shame.”

It seems like the cons have basically become fandom socials for corporate shilling.
>>
Damn.
>>
HE GOT FIRED FOR NAMING THE JEW

FUCK YOU GREEDY KIKES WE ARE COMING WITH PITCH FORKS AND FIRE TO WATER THE TREE OF LIBERTY WITH GLOBALIST BLOOD
>>
>>134000931
>My dad didn't pick him as the new Kermit! My brother did!

Bitch, your dad died suddenly. He didn't have time to pick a replacement.
>>
We should send him a letter of appreciation
>>
>>134002878
Dear
>>
>Walt disney used to hate the jews
>Now disney are the jews
Really gets the old wheel spinning
>>
>>134003166
BASED KIKE SMASHER
>>
>>134003488
We
>>
>>134003581
salute
>>
>>134003581
truly and deeply appreciate
>>
>>134003581
bix nood
>>
>>134000631
>unwanted notes during the short-lived Muppets reboot on ABC
An actionable offense from the company that trades on platitudes like "Everyone's input is important!"

(((Typical)))
>>
Winnie the Pooh has been censored and blacklisted in China due to "comparisons of President Xi Jinping and the chubby fictional bear, which ended up going viral." This will be a particularly harrowing concept to Disney as they have a "Winnie The Pooh" film in the works; if the blacklisting extends to the release of the film, Disney will lose out on potential millions through the Chinese market alone.

As such, it becomes apparent that the easiest way to ruin a company such as Disney is to have every upcoming property memed into denouncing the Chinese government, thus having those properties blacklisted in China and prevented from being discussed and, most importantly, screened in theaters.
>>
>>134003695
and
>>
>>134002697
>Bitch, your dad died suddenly

so he was murdered?
>>
>>134000931
wow cunts really do ruin everything
>>
What's the real reason of them firing him?
>>
File: 432234442323.jpg (64KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
432234442323.jpg
64KB, 620x372px
Was he /ourguy/?
>>
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...g-actor-unacceptable-business-conduct-1021701

>"Whitmire, who was asked to take over Kermit by Henson's family after the creator's untimely death in 1990, said that an instance of a note was over a script for the new ABC series, canceled last year, in which Kermit lied to his nephew, Robin, about his breakup with Miss Piggy.

"I don't think Kermit would lie to him," Whitmire explained. "I think that is Robin came to Kermit he would say 'things happen, people go their separate ways, but that doesn't mean we don't care about you.' Kermit is too compassionate to lie to him to spare his feelings."

He continued, "We have been doing these characters for a long, long time and we know them better than anybody. I thought I was aiding to keep it on track and I think a big reason why the show was canceled (after one season last fall) was because that didn't happen. I am not saying my notes would have saved it, but I think had they listened more to all of the performers, it would have made a really big difference.'"
>>
>>134000631

Reasons why...
- he's probably straight
- probably not-so liberal
- probably didn't shit on Trump
- rest of the younger puppeteers are probably POCs, niggers, lesbians, gays.

New Kermit...
- probably a sand nigger, regular nigger, Mexican, or tranny.
>>
>>134005496
Absolutely
>>
>>134005496
Disney was definitely /ourguy/
Man was redpilled to the max
>>
>>134007314
Wouldn't go on CNN and give an interview like political savvy Elmo?
>>
>>134007314
He is treating Kermit as an archetype, but Disney has no use for that. What Disney needs Kermit to be is a vessel for whatever fad ideology sells. Wonder Woman has been everything from a vapid boy toy to a stronk woman and everything in between. Basically, whatever she needed to be to grow the Wonder Woman and DC brands. But Venus will ever be Venus. I respect Mr. Whitmire for his reverence and integrity but Kermit is a brand, not an archetype. In a perfect world be permitted to steward the identity of Kermit until he could be passed down to a new steward of like character and integrity.

Look, goyim. You've got to stop buying fad culture from coprorations in the Pop Culture Industry. You have blood-and-soul heroes, legends, myths and traditions. They are static throughout eternity and cannot be turned on you so easily. Respectfully, fuck Kermit the Frog.
>>
wow, this is too much. I'm boycotting kermit now
>>
>>134000631
muppets, sesame street, all that bullshit is for faggots.
since birth i hated that shit
>>
File: best.jpg (133KB, 1280x727px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
133KB, 1280x727px
>>134004318
That would be a real shame if that happened.
>>
>>134001098
Holyshit, I recognize that face.
>high earning non-profits just means paid employees get to cut themselves a larger check.
I sometimes wish I had no spine or sense of rightfulness.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.