[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Natural or Un-natural are we?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Are we running the right software these days? Any of us? Sometimes I wonder if modern man is less than he was, way back when we ran the software our hardware actually evolved with. We have become something else, no doubt. But are we better?
>>
File: America's First Conservationists.jpg (687KB, 1344x1008px) Image search: [Google]
America's First Conservationists.jpg
687KB, 1344x1008px
>>133959347
>But are we better?
Yes
>>
>>133962332
Can you convince me?
>>
>>133959347
too many definitions of "natural" exist in peoples minds. There is no answer because noone can agree what natural truly is.
>>
>>133959347
I've just read the caption with the book illustration and what that implies other than they practised resource management and they incorporated it into their attitudes. That was probably the best strategy for survival. Also, how many indian tribes is this typical of? We're forest indians more warlike? More resources, easier ambush?
>>
>>133962993
But why not argue from an appeal to nature? Natural is what was before the culture explosion. Say before 15 000 years ago. It doesn't matter where in the world. any and all would do.
>>
>>133963674
Humans have domesticated fire for at least a few hundred thousands year
It's literally in our nature to be unnatural, it's why we have survived and thrived as a species
Appeal to natures will fail for the simple reason they will almost always be at a disadvantage to our well-being and progress
>>
>>133963899
Good point, I do agree that getting technology started early. For a long time our brain development has matched the pace. Then something was triggered, and I wonder if we are ahead of ourselves. That is the hard question.
>>
>>133964422
Yes, we are
Constant changes to our environment and material conditions cause stress and confusion when they're continuous like we've had for the past decades.. I'm pretty sure it's part of the meltdown in humanities and politics, who are basically barely able to keep up with our fast paced technological changes
>>
>>133962332
Damn, that image really tugs at your heartstrings.
>>
File: 1499640567186.jpg (426KB, 670x554px) Image search: [Google]
1499640567186.jpg
426KB, 670x554px
>>
File: 1499713045032.png (609KB, 1486x1669px) Image search: [Google]
1499713045032.png
609KB, 1486x1669px
>>133959347
Most of the time we try to justify the "bugs" in our software with logic and reason using our consciousness. Ironically, it is all sub conscious and the modern man refuses to accept his dysfunctionality and do something about it. Sadly, being the smartest beings in the world we still can't figure out why we have all these problems. The problem is ourselves.
>>
File: 484846846846884649.jpg (60KB, 789x469px) Image search: [Google]
484846846846884649.jpg
60KB, 789x469px
>>133962993
Fuck off, postmodernist.
>>
File: 1471784243670.jpg (2MB, 1600x990px) Image search: [Google]
1471784243670.jpg
2MB, 1600x990px
To stray from nature is to sin against whatever idea you hold in regards to divine providence.

To stray from nature is to stray from the original culture, the very thing that we started from and the very thing that started us.

Modern medicine bypasses Darwinism. Those who would have perished live on, in most cases to our detriment as a species.

Systems such as welfare support groups that would not have constructed efficient support structures resulting in their demise.

The further we stray from nature, the more degenerate we become while claiming and falsely believing we are advancing.
>>
>>133965210
I'm concerned the meltdown is everywhere. Few people are clearheaded and capable of wisdom. We are actually outside ourselves, So few can master a sense of themselves, without all kinds of denials. Fewer still have understanding of the whole predicament.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.