[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think of super Christian conservative colleges?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20170717_033645.png (1MB, 1440x1551px) Image search: [Google]
20170717_033645.png
1MB, 1440x1551px
What does /pol/ think of super Christian conservative colleges?

Places like Bob Jones where you need a chaperone to go in a date with someone and Brigham Young where short skirts will get you expelled
>>
hillsdale college is very political.

mormons aren't christians.

everyone who goes to them should be deported, it's the only way these swine don't poison civil society.
>>
>>133935192
Mormons are literally the most red pilled Christian, ever notice how they are all white, blue eyed with big blue eyed families with many blondes? We're all super conservative to
>>
>>133935253
Mormonism is literally heresy
>>
>>133935192
>mormons aren't christians
They believe in the gospel of Jesus; they are christians.
>>
>>133935253
it must be weird competing with the more established christian denominations.

there must be competition.

gotta give cred to mormons though, they seem to be the most well-read and least arrogant of "christians"
>>
>>133935298
People called Jesus a heretic to
>>
>>133935312
>gospel of Jesus
They don't recognize the Holy Trinity and follow a false prophet (which Christ warned against), therefore they are not Christians anymore than Muslims are.
>>
>>133935368
It's annoying to see that /pol/ hates us when we are the most white and most aryan Christian group
Over 85 percent of us are white
Among all Christian religious traditions in the U.S., Mormons are among the most highly involved in their congregations (67%)
Mormons are among the most politically and socially conservative religious groups in the U.S. For example, two-thirds of Mormons say they oppose allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry legally, and seven-in-ten say they think abortion should be illegal in all or most cases, according to the 2014 U.S. Religious Landscape Study. And most Mormons (69% in 2016) identify with or lean toward the Republican Party, though the share who do so has edged downward in recent years.
Mormons are relatively young and less diverse when compared with other Christian groups, and they are younger than the U.S. population as a whole. The median age of U.S. Mormons is 43, while the median age of the general population is 46. As a religious group, they also are much less racially and ethnically diverse than the U.S. population as a whole, with fully 85% of U.S. Mormons identifying as non-Hispanic white.

And of course there's the stereo type that we mormons never sin and are always extremely devoted and devout, which is true for a reason. We are the least prone to degeneracy
>>
>>133935013
Went to one myself, even graduated.
Would not recommend.
>>
>>133935466
why would anyone believe in the holy trinity? literally polytheism
>>
>>133935466
People say the same thing about catholics ''worshipping saints''
>>
>>133935312
This
That guy comparing me to muslims? He's probably not even white
>>
File: tooth decay.jpg (50KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
tooth decay.jpg
50KB, 640x431px
>>133935623
You're also a bunch of carb eating sugar addicts. Utah and Idaho would fall into civil strife if the sugar shipments stopped. Addiction is degenerate.
>>
File: JC and Pals.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
JC and Pals.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>133936196
Catholics pray to saints, they don't worship them. They pray for saints to intercede with God on their behalf. Yes, it's odd but not the same thing as worshipping them.

>>133935948
Why not think of the Holy Trinity as a three headed hydra? One being with three heads.
>>
>>133937294
one not think that one god is sufficient and live with that simplicity?
>>
>>133937294
The difference between what most Christians believe compared to Mormons when it comes to the Holy Trinity, at least as far as I have been told, is that Mormons see God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit as three separate entities. On the flip side, the rest of Christianity believes them to be more akin to your Hydra idea.
>>
>>133937294
>pray to saints is not worship

You do see the logical fallacy you're presenting, right?

That kind of cognitive dissonance is the same mechanism that enables people to perpetrate inhumane acts to people yet with institutional justification.

MFW anon is the perfect test subject for the milgram experiment.

Careful anon, that slippery slope is beckoning you.
>>
>>133938152
No, I do not see the logical fallacy. You'll have to be more explicit because all I'm getting is that you believe prayer and worship are synonyms.
>>
>>133938409
dictionary definition:
a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity.
"I'll say a prayer for him"

> requesting help from a supernatural entity to accomplish something for you.

If it's not worship, then I wouldn't be committing idolatory by praying to a man-made statue whom some human-created institution has dictated will forward my requests to.

inb4 infallibility of the pope
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.