[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ How can we explain this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: wage_gap.jpg (29KB, 879x405px) Image search: [Google]
wage_gap.jpg
29KB, 879x405px
/pol/ How can we explain this?
>>
File: 1499386516013.jpg (93KB, 480x711px)
1499386516013.jpg
93KB, 480x711px
>>133917037
The top percentages are occupied by many different people over the course of time.

Shapiro talks about this; older people tend to be near the top among other factors, but what MUST be acknowledged is the myth that those who succeed are a never changing group of "elites."

It simply isn't true.
>>
>>133918025
Why is the gap widening then?
>>
>>133919093
Because of lobbying.

Businesses that lobby for decreased regulation of wages, for example, benefit all businesses, not just themselves.

Similarly, reductions in trade penalties, taxes, etc. all benefit a wide range of rich people.

These people don't even need to ally with each other for their work to be mutually beneficial, since as far as the law is concerned they are the same group.
>>
>>133919093
It's hard to blame one cause but I think a portion of it is the rapid change in economic conditions that allows for huge wealth generation. Nearly all of it is in highly skilled technological innovation, half of the top 10 richest men made money from technology.

Now unskilled jobs are being wiped out very quickly. In 5 years time I'd be very surprised if the ~20 million in retail are still employed. Most of them are part time with shit hours as well.

If you want to live now you have to be smart enough to work in a extremely dynamic environment with rapid change in skills needed to succeed.
>>
File: 800px-Bucket_of_Hoff_crabs.jpg (111KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Bucket_of_Hoff_crabs.jpg
111KB, 800x531px
>>133919093
Who gives a shit?

People are no longer shackled to the circumstances of their birth AT ALL. You want a piece of that top line? Punch, spit, and bite.

Pic related is you.
>>
>>133917037
$379/week is a lot of money, even for American prices unless you live in SF or NY or a very big city.
>>
>>133917037
>/pol/ How can we explain this?

Doesn't account for a massive increase in welfare and other transfer payments to the layabouts on the red line.
>>
>>133919093
Working class vote for parties that favor unions, but those parties bring over hordes of low skilled workers that then make them unbelievably easy to replace.
>>
>>133919093
I wonder (((why)))?
>>
>>133919980
>You want a piece of that top line? Punch, spit, and bite.
>American actually believe the American Dream is still alive and isn't the American (((Nightmare)))

Sad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.