[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to China.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0848.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0848.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
So I am going to Beijeng, China for 5 days. I am a white American, what should I expect? Is it true they all take pictures with white people?
>>
if photo, most will ask
some will try to capture you in the background of a lame selfie with duck lips

very few people speak english
young people might be friendly
40+ might not
you will hit your head exiting train carriages
>>
>>133917007
Thanks for the input anon
>>
>>133917140
i don't know if you're from a meltopolitan area but i found it fucking crowded as fuck.

both communism (as in the revolution birthing the single party system, not so much Marxist-Leninist theory) and ancient chinese history dominate the culture. domestic tourism is huge in China and Beijing has both of these aspects. Tianmen square/the forbidden city have both. i couldn't deal with the crowd.

visit the Mausoleum outside Tianmen square to see the brainwashed masses lay flowers to great leader Mao. (the heavy security here is not for you, believe it or not, but for the redpilled among the older generation who have figured out the lies.)

the summer palace is heaps better than the forbidden city. (if you know locals they can bore you with stories of which concubine in which century occupied which bedroom in the palace. whether or not this improves the experience is entirely up to you.)
>>
>>133916325
Only if you are blonde haired,
i been all over Asia and everywhere i go chinks come up to me to ask for photos
Everywhere they stare at me as if i'm a freak especially in China and the Philippines ,
In china its mostly old people and families,
In the Philippines its always giggling schoolgirls who want white cock
Nobody ever asked my friends who have dark hair
>>
>>133916325
I was in north china for a bit
I had the misfortune of having my layover in Beijing. As soon as I stepped off the plane I could feel and smell the air.

The rest of my trip was fantastic. The locals were extremely nice and tried to show off their english to me - especially the kids. At least two grandparents wanted my photo with their kids during my two weeks. I saw one homeless person and never felt unsafe at night. And the food and karaoke (KTV) was great.
>>
>>133916325
we have a whole board for this
>>>/trv/
>>
>>133919105
Belgian boys have very little trouble eating Asian clam.
>>
File: 1497247456112.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1497247456112.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
FYI.
>>
>>133916325
Beijingers are used to laowai and really won't care about your existence. No matter how loudly you announce that you're american for attention, none will give a fuck.
If you visit the great wall a bunch of nongs and bumpkinfucks will want to take photos of the lesser spotted white man to show people in their hometoilet.
Beijing is an international city now, you'll have to make an effort to avoid burger king and dairy queen. Try local food, drink baijiu, and visit the hutongs whilst they're still standing.
>>
Avoid the shitty scams - Tea/Art/etc scams, usually initiated by 20-something pretty young things hanging around tourist areas.
>>
>>133916325
Beijing isn't a backwater village, many of them are fairly comfortable around white men. The smog is going to suck. My condolences. At every tourist site people try to scam tourists into stupid shit. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>133916325
Get masks
It's almost as important as pants there
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.