[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LAST FRONTIER

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Endurance-0.jpg (298KB, 1448x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Endurance-0.jpg
298KB, 1448x1193px
What does /pol/ think about space exploration.
>Are we going to become the Galactic Empire or are we just going to be a bunch of independent colonies?
>What would it mean to Earth the fact that there are more people out there? Even more people that in the actual Earth, perhaps
>How are companies going to affect us?
>How could (((they))) use this?
>Are we even going to survive until that point?
>>
>>133913441
its flat mang...
>>
>>133913441
Dreaming about things that will never happen makes surviving this hell that white men created more bearable. Everyone's gotta have daydreams.
>>
>>133913441
It's a literal fantasy

It would take 1000 years of traveling to reach anything of significance. We're talking cross-generational traveling in which period of time anything could happen - people could revolt, self-destruct, abandon mission, whatever. We don't have the tech nor is it anything short of cruel to expect people to live their entire lives traveling on a spaceship for no reason whatsoever.

Like I said, it's a literal fantasy.
>>
>>133913441
if you start into space minorities will be placed on the ship
>>
I'm tired of people telling me how we are killing the planet and we should care
I don't, liberals just keep screaming at me about the point of no return, and it seems like we have already passed it, or will inevitably pass it.
So instead of just curling up in a ball and waiting for the world to end, I say, fuck this gay earth, lets just hyperindustrialize and hyperpolute this shit so we can fully into space as fast as possible.
The few savages that remain on earth can dig into the earth and form underground supercities to survive.
>>
>>133916394
Accidents can happen. In space, no one can hear you scream "dats raycis!"
>>
File: 1498538724257.jpg (47KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1498538724257.jpg
47KB, 500x452px
>>133913441
(((space))) is the final frontier .... of brainlets, no such thing as space anon
>>
>>133916296
Not necesarry. Humans could enter a form of stasis. If we can reach relativistic velocities the trip would seem only to take weeks, days or hours depending on what accellerations are possible. Alternatively people could be set to grow in artificial wombs and the first generation raised by androids etc.

Think outside the box.
>>
>>133913441
>Advertise new colonies for Minorities to get away from the White Man's Oppression
>Load up as many as you can
>Set malfunctions in air, water, and pressurization modules
> Activate before ship reaches colony and announce accident
>???
>Profit
>Repeat
>>
>>133916747
>scorche the earth
>try to restart in space
>fails

sheeeeit
>>
>>133916747
>Calls others savages
>Is a dumb savage
Oh /pol/, keep this up and you'll accelerate the human extinction timetable by millennia!
>>
>>133916776
Sadly, this.
>>
>>133917104
>>133916932
Wow flagfags acting like fags, color me fucking surprised
>>
>>133913441

fun to daydream about but there is no way to know yet.

>>133916839
the reason there are no serious plans to do that, besides he fact that we are not able to technically do it yet, is that if you send someone on a 1000 year trip and put them in stasis, within 500 years we would have advanced to the point where we could send another ship out and eclipse the first one, making long range space travel retarded until we figure out a different way of propulsion. (if we can)
>>
>>133916839
Literal fantasy

It's fucking stupid. You're fucking stupid. This topic is fucking stupid and it's pointless.
>>
>>133917261
I do it to trigger you, snowflake.
>>
>>133917404
Who am I to say if you can act like a homosexual or not. Carry on degenerate
>>
>>133917392
when the singularity has happened you can phaseshift into random places in the universe
>>
>>133917340
But what if the human race goes extinct in the timeframe of the space voyage?
Also whats the difference if they show up 200 years later to an already built civilization on another planet. Would be cool to see, wouldnt it?
>>
>>133913441
if the civilized peoples of the world achieve quick and reliable space travel before their own self-extinguishment then it will probably go downhill eventually. at first people colonizing planets will probably just be engineers, scientists, etc. once space travel becomes cheap however and those planets become habitable and rich, after all the hard work is done, niggers will start invading like they invade nice neighborhoods but now it'll be galactic neighborhoods. they'll have evolved into a full-fledged interstellar bioweapon and ruin all the more intelligent colonies. pretty much Orks from 40k
>>
>>133917392
Your right in a sense. It wont happen in our lifetime and I doubt a human intelligence could even design a system to do it. My guess is that it will be a super intelligent AI that turns us into lubricants to be the first to travel the stars.
>>
It probably won't happen until 1-2 millennia. Let me explain why.
Assuming we'd keep going in the right direction we'd probably achieve interstellar space travel within a few centuries (assuming it is possible).
However, this can't be done. If we look at empire cycles, the Occident is about to collapse. We've had our peak in the 60-80s, now we're going down. We can't achieve great things like we used to do. Sure, we're getting more advanced, but we don't see massive projects being built. Even NASA is being underfunded right now.
The reason's pretty simple: countries are getting more and more in debt for (((some reasons))) and have to cut budgets. It is impossible for a private corporation to start a serious space program without massive public funding, as it is not lucrative in the short or mid run. Fuck, even on the long run it's not, it could perhaps be in the extremely long run.
Beside Elon, there's no hope for it, and he can't fund anything beyond Mars, even if he wanted.
We're on the decline, we LARP a lot about saving the western civilization, but it's going down, no matter how much we delay it.
And when humans in 2,000 years pick it up, they'll have lost a lot of our knowledge and will have to start from scrap, or almost.
I wish them luck, but the best we can hope for in our lifetime is a suicidal man going on a one way trip to Mars.
>>
File: rocket_rocks.jpg (136KB, 491x414px) Image search: [Google]
rocket_rocks.jpg
136KB, 491x414px
>>133913441
As long as there are no niggers in space, it's a good project.
>>
>>133913441
Space exploration means nothing if we can't do it as individuals to some degree.
>free flying disks for everyone
>>
File: 1498925572219.gif (324KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498925572219.gif
324KB, 360x360px
>>133913525
>>133915975
>>133916296
>>133916747
>>133916776
>>133917224
>>133917392
>etc.
This is why people laugh at Americans. The flat earth and "space is a waste of time" hyperbole IS CIA DISINFORMATION YOU FUCKING IDIOTS. I bet there are CIA posting these slide threads,

You would have to be SEVERELY retarded, like retarded to the power of 99, to not want to have the ability to part ways from whatever form of life that you consider to be nigger. Don't wanna bicker over oil, patches of sand and books of lies? Leave. Go, gone, anywhere in the universe except X group of people.
Not to mention, a broken clock is right twice a day, fucktards. The libs may be spinning the topic of destroying the earth, but it will happen someday. It's probably the surest thing on the democratic platform, even if it takes 1000 years.
>>
>>133919823

It's a fantasy that seems "realistic" when video games and the MCU/Star Wars/GOT aren't cutting it.

Still a meme.
>>
>>133918127
>If we look at empire cycles, the Occident is about to collapse. We've had our peak in the 60-80s, now we're going down
>We're on the decline, we LARP a lot about saving the western civilization, but it's going down, no matter how much we delay it.

this, if you consider Fermi's paradox its clear that any civilazation that could achieve space travel collapses in on itself before it can get it off the ground
>>
>>133918127
If we lose our knowledge we just hit the reset on Humanity
Materials and resources, in unprocessed states, are rare to find in a non-invasive manner now, restarting civilization is a lot harder than we want to believe. We may be completely fucked should we lose everything we have.
>>
>>133913441
Galactic lebensraum now!
>>
if only people and there family who pay can go up i would be all for it but niggers wont pay and then call it racist if we dont let them up there
>>
>>133922395
Why don't you read a physics journal, fuckwad. It's not a fantasy if we've already done it, I.E. the moon. You have to be 18 to post here, summerfag.

>muh video games
>muh game of boners

Fucking nufags.. REAL men got into a tin can with rockets and radios made by Boeing, McDonnel Douglas, Grumman, Lockheed. Crossing the ocean didn't seem too realistic when abos ruled your continent, rootosser.
>>
>>133913441
>Skynet pls hurry up and end this while they are in one planet
But thats just the furst thing to come to my mind
>>
File: pepespace.jpg (229KB, 1280x992px) Image search: [Google]
pepespace.jpg
229KB, 1280x992px
>>133924162

ahhh leaf,

>REEEEEEEE WHY CAN'T MASS EFFECT BE REAL

This is what you sound like.

I'll indulge you though even though you're projecting the underage thing quite a bit given the pepe gif and the emotional idealism.

Yes it's possible in the next 100 years in something like Kim Stanley's Robertson's Red Mars trilogy.

Do I want the current world influencers up there with today's fucked up ideologies? Fuck no. Anyone can see a revolt or, at worst, a collapse coming way before we get there. So, to translate, everyone saying it's a meme is really saying "we don't the Jews getting to Mars and fucking that up too"
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.