[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does 4Chan buy into the Net neutrality meme but not /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Net neutralitity Meme.png (5KB, 440x48px) Image search: [Google]
Net neutralitity Meme.png
5KB, 440x48px
>>
>>133909525
>>
Clicking that link was a mistake. All the people that came up in that link are enemies and traitors.
>>
>>133909525
I remember fighting net neutrality laws back on /b/ in like 2009. It won't get passed, and even if it does this time around, there is literally nothing you can do about it. Our overlords will decide and that will be that. Unless you feel like rising up and doing something real about it, posting on a Mongolian basketweaving forum about it won't do much.
>>
because 4chan hates /pol/. why do you think they made easier for foreigners to hide their flags and trash us?
>>
/pol/ has been overtaken by normie conservatives
>>
>>133909892
No wonder 8ch was created.
>>
>>133909525
Because they are already doing what the bill says illegally. Net neutrality will only allow it to be "legal".

Same shit, different year. Nothing matters.
>>
>>133909766
They are characters who reach some of the farthest normie audiences out there. I support their messages for net neutrality, other shitty politics aside.

Hopefully corporate fascism is not the fascism you desire.
>>
>>133909525
Because websites only give a shit about the provision in the 2015 Wheeler regulations that stop ISP from throttling specific websites. They don't give a shit about Title II, ISPs being "common carriers", or the FCC having power to censor the internet because it won't affect them. They only care about getting as much money and ad-revenue from their customers as possible.

Websites like Facebook, Amazon, Google, Netflix, etc, essentially used a populist issue to turn their customers into their own lobbyists for Washington. I must admit, it was a disgustingly good tactic.
>>
>>133909525
Because /pol/ is political. And net neutrality is political.
>>
>>133910845
I know right?
https://www.battleforthenet.com/july12/#participants

Shit, look at these sites who advocate. It looks too obvious that they want to squeeze out more $$$$
>>
>>133909525
/pol/ are just edgy contrarians who hate whatever happens to be popular at the moment.
See: face heel turns on Trump, Syria, net neutrality, libertarianism, etc;
>>
Net Neutrality sounds like a good thing, is it not?
>>
I had an ISP. They sent an email saying the rates are going up. I said fine then cancelled and went with someone else. That's how I neutralized the net
>>
>>133911222
dude, the gubmint is supposed to protect you from that.
>>
>>133911208
Like all shitty creations, they slap a good sounding name on it.

t. the patriot act
>>
>>133909525

Because the entire premise of the need for NN is nothing but paranoid bullshit.

If their scaremongering was actually based in reality, it would have happened already.
>>
/pol/ is a Libertarian board again now. The once and future Snek, etc.
>>
>>133912455
NN is just more regulation in which the jew may hide. It entrenches legacy business in their positions...it's a tradeoff...the network operators get guaranteed gibsmedat, and the feds get unlimited switching privileges.
EX: Everything in the place goes through the red room, that's how it is now....with NN, the red room is inspected before the network is started...whats the fucking difference?...Internet was nice while it lasted...just so long as FB doesn't start printing identification cards, ill just build my own goddamn network.
>>
>>133909525
Because unlike the faggot chink that runs this website I understand economics beyond scamming people and datamining them.
https://mises.org/library/net-neutrality-scam
>>
File: suicidalpepe.jpg (22KB, 319x360px) Image search: [Google]
suicidalpepe.jpg
22KB, 319x360px
>>133913317
Get me off on this timeline, pls b0ss
>>
File: sad.gif (10KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
10KB, 267x200px
>>133909692
>>
>>133913317
A fun side note...some of the language I've seen kicked around in the NN bills would suggest that you would not be legally allowed to make web requests with a browser that is incapable of rendering certain media types....basically you're required by law to have JS turned on or something like that....its absurd bullshit.
>>
File: rage.png (133KB, 562x472px) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
133KB, 562x472px
>>133913597
GEE I WONDER WHY THAT WOULD BE
>>
>>133913503
PR bro, it's sadder than you think. This is all fixable.
I can cover your island with killswitch-less resilient networking for 2.7 mil.
>>
>>133913741
Alphabet, breh. Wait til WebAssembly/JS battle heats up. "Cyber Sherrif" will be a real thing. The future as planned is planned by retards.
>>
>>133913862
Well, I'm leaning on imitating your idea. But fuck it, 3.99999/4 of this island is full of mindless mouth breathers.
>>
>>133912296
That's not really an argument. What about net neutrality is bad?
>>
>>133913981
Anyone who understands the relationship between "mandatory javascript" and the eval() function should be shitting themselves.
>>
>>133911222
You didn't though, did you.
>>
>>133909525
operation equality: the extermination of all jews and non whites
>>
>>133914278
b-b-b-ut muh trusted computing goyim, cryptographically signed using DNSSEC and no one can fake that (((except for whomever controls the root server)))
>>
>>133914280
Yes I did. Same with my car insurance and cell provider. They get greedy, I cancel. That's why I love capitalism.
>>
>>133910829
>corporate fascism = modern corporations
Nigger
You need to read the doctrines.
>>
>>133914280
This nigger pre-orders games, he's got zero sales resistance.
>>
File: gkYy30g.png (585KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gkYy30g.png
585KB, 800x800px
>>133909525
/pol/ is filled with actually autistic NEETs who form their worldviews based on images in red-pill threads and random youtube videos.
>>
>>133914616
Voting with your money. Byoutiful.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.