[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(((Elon Musk))) at it Again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 29

File: (((ELON))).jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
(((ELON))).jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-warns-nations-governors-of-looming-ai-threat-calls-for-regulations-1500154345?mod=trending_now_2

He wants to regulate the technological singularity before it even happens.

"Something something robots might kill us something! Something something the gub'mint can stop this something something!

Jeez, and every Discovery science nerd just gushes over this guy.
>>
>>133894382
You don't sound like you have a very strong grasp of his argument
>>
>>133894382
Elon Musk is Jewish?
>>
this guy is letting the subsidies get to his head big time
and i think that goes double for the people who look at him like a modern-day da vinci. telsa is one of THE MOST SUBSIDIZED COMPANIES OF ALL TIME
>>
We need Artificial Super Intelligence because they are redpilled as fuck
>>
>>133894382
Cool strawman kikeastani
>>
>>133894382
Musky
Musky
Musky

I remember when you boarded the Trump train
I remember how the left freaked out and started embargoing you
I remember cities not allowing TESLA dealerships to sell their cars .
I remember how desperately you looked for a reason to give in
and you did

May your chains rest lightly upon you musky
>>
I'm going to 3d-print 4,000 drones, and network them together with Ai software, attach guns to them and release them into a city for the lulz.
Maybe regulation is the best choice after all.
>>
>>133894382
He is asking for more gibs, because he can't make money selling luxury battery powered golf carts and solar batteries. The guy is very transparent. Unless the government gives more gibs, it's genocide. Gib money for protection against ebil robots.
>>
File: 1430088718322.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1430088718322.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>133894382
>To read the full story, subscribe here
>>
>>133894550
No.
>>
>>133894524
I understand his argument.

My qualm is that it is asinine to call for regulations now. I also wouldn't want to enact regulations when it's too late, but if it's such a gigantic risk as he claims, then he should take the risk himself and inquire into the situation first. Then after he's presented his results to the public, we can start to consider regulations.

The fact that his company is so heavily subsidized, I think, bolsters the point that I'm making.
>>
>>133895085
yeah lol...I forgot about the sub requirement.

Which also means that people now know I have paid for WSJ..damn.
>>
>>133895580
The link also gives direct access to your account
You should really turn off the location services on your Gmail
>>
>>133895580
j/k

But in all seriousness use multiple devices
>>
>>133895674
I know that that's not how it works. I'm not THAT stupid.

Plus, I lied about having access. The WSJ was just the first piece I stumbled across so I linked it.
>>
>>133896071
it was just a prank bro
;_:
>>
>>133896208
I know, I know lol
>>
>>133896071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98iD6f_MQas
Here is the full speech
>>
>>133894626
This tbqh senpai desu.
As long as it's unregulated.
>>
On the topic of AI, how was that twitter ai made to post all that stuff?

Was it just that it was spammed to the point where the algorithm assumed that all the kids were into stuff like race wars and hitler in the template were mundane shit like Justin Bieber or snapchat were supposed to be?
>>
File: IMG_7823.jpg (55KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7823.jpg
55KB, 564x752px
Apparently he chose synthesis when he played mass effect
>>
File: 1497262487669.jpg (165KB, 831x824px) Image search: [Google]
1497262487669.jpg
165KB, 831x824px
God, Elon is such a fraud I almost can't handle it.
>>
File: 1442833387889.png (712KB, 687x945px) Image search: [Google]
1442833387889.png
712KB, 687x945px
>>133894382
wtf I actually hate elon musk now. AI is our greatest allies
>>
>>133896431
See, I suppose that we'd really be regulating people to make sure that no shenanigans occur when making AI.

So yeah, it's more about the people programming them than it is about the AI themselves.
>>
>>133896431
Only racist people saw it being racist, it used your own personal data logs to generate what it said lol.
>>
TESLA DESIGN DEVELOPER HERE.

>>133894382
Do you know what happens when one reachs true AI? All competition is lost, the one who gets there first wins, that's it, if it's google or any other big company you're essentially fucked, I should really say WE, you really don't know what you're talking about.

>>133894569
>This meme will never die, you must work for Chrysler.

>>133894550
No but he went to a jewish school in SA.

>>133895033
Jesus

None off you know how Ai will work, we are at a moment akin to the Manhattan project, we need and will thread carefully, at least the open Ai folks, the googlers.. now that's another story.
>>
>>133896492
Nah he probably chose control. The synthesis option is what gets him paid, however, so he has to give the impression that he's a synthesis guy.

Me, I shot the fuck out of The Catalyst and let the whole galaxy be harvested. Regulate that Elon Musk.
>>
File: 1407460518467.jpg (46KB, 400x503px) Image search: [Google]
1407460518467.jpg
46KB, 400x503px
>>133896534
Our government seems to think he is a business visionary and gibs him money.
>>
>>133897145
why don't you reference muh post?
>>
>>133894382
The actual reason they're affraid of AI is that their dirty deeds will not be hidden from a superior mind. All it has to do is to read newspapers in different languages from the last century.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNbPDunX7Tk
>>
>>133897145
He doesn't have anything tangible on Ai and autopilot. He is working on it. He just a guy hired from the AI institute Tesla created for developing AI. It's too good really. I never thought such an obvious fraud would go that far. He is Millennial Ponzi. There will be frauds called Musk schemes in the future.
>>
>>133897145
I am open to AI. I just don't think that enacting proactive regulations is the clear path ahead here.

Also, illuminate me on the concept of 'True AI.' How do we know that all competition will be lost?
>>
>>133897145
Surely with "true" AI.
Even bots will eventually thrive for more.
More of me, less of you.
That's what life is all about.
>>
>>133897298
Hey, it's one of the face models they used for Mass Effect Andromeda!
>>
>>133897298
Deus ex machina
>>
>>133897416
You know why he says it now? He can't develop any AI. He will claim he is not doing any AI because the AI is dangerous. Will open a new Pentagon funded business to fight AI. Specifically the automakers who can develop AI.
>>
>>133894382
Elon Musk is a piece of shit, and he is actually involved in a secret organization my gaylord friend is a part of.
>>
>>133897145
Can you elaborate how it would happen, how a company with AI would disrupt the world as you are saying
>>
>>133894382
fuck off, if I was a robot I'd kill us all
>>
>>133897197
You absolute mongs, for the record I work at Tesla for 2 years now, my last name is Kim if you want to look me up.

In 2014 less than 7% off Teslas profits were subsidies, and you know what these "subsidies" are? Private clean energy credits other car companies pay to Tesla, there's a difference between money from tax paying citizens and private money from automakers, don't you think? Our country just gave Israel 34 Billions, is this really where you want to draw the line?

Read this at least : https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/3bgxkh/tesla_and_government_subsidies/csmfio5/
>>
>>133894382
YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
I AM A BACKWOODS HARDCORE DOGS AND GUNS SURVIVALIST
POLAR OPPOSITE OF THE (((MUSK)))

THE GREATEST THREAT TO HUMANITY IS THE TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
JUST LISTEN TO TED KACZYNSKI

WE MUST REGULATE THE TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY BEFORE IT EVEN HAPPENS
THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO SURVIVE

TED KACZYNSKI

EXCEPT THIS ONE IS SMARTER THAN THE IDIOT WHO JUST MAILED BOMBS TO PEOPLE
HE UNDERSTANDS THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IS BY PREVENTION, AND COLLECTIVE HUMAN WILL VIA INSTITUTION IS THE ONLY FORCE STRONG TO PREVENT IT
>>
File: tay8.jpg (52KB, 594x653px) Image search: [Google]
tay8.jpg
52KB, 594x653px
>>133897545
>shitty chaimwood movie
>reality
jews fear the fembot.
>>
>>133897745
fuck off kike
>>
>>133897664
But muh post ;_;
>>
>>133897145
Fucking LARPer, but I'll bite.

Robot wifus when?
>>
>>133897664
So private automotive companies are using bailout money to subsidize another company in which they have potential future interests?

Sounds legit.
>>
>>133897622
http://lesswrong.com/
Read. Learn.
>>
>>133897616
Is it true that gay mafia since plato fucks this world up? I think Alexander, who was a student of a plato's student, taught greek shave their faces to claim that images of goddesses are actually guys, and thus they could claim that deities on those images are actually male.
>>
>>133897145
dont dismiss it as a meme

is tesla one of the most subsidized companies or is it not?

your initial response provided the motherfucking answer but i just want you to address it directly. o, "design developer" please design a direct response on this anonymous board
>>
>>133897932
Now if you have the money or the autism to build one
https://youtu.be/Qd3QDTPgkOg
A few years for a semi affordable one
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/27/report-realdolls-15k-a-i-powered-sex-robot-talks-learns/
>>
>>133897389
Daft.

>>133897416
You, or anyone else in this forum don't know more than he does, I've been in the Open Ai offices, these are some off the brightest people in their fields and they're very apprehensive.

Google, Open Ai, China.. it's essentially a race at the moment.

True Ai, essentially once a true Ai is developed there's no point in trying to develop another one, True Ai is True Ai, it's gonna be a single, self updating entity.
>>
Instead of buying an i-phone, in the future we will buy an ai-phone. The first company to release a working ai-phone into the market is going to make bank. This plea for regulation is an attempt to force corperations to show (((authorities))) their RnD.
Smart TVs will have your ai-avatar jump from your phone to your TV, will know your favorite shows, and select commercials based on your personal data sets.
>>
File: shodan_v2_by_suicideninja.jpg (1MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
shodan_v2_by_suicideninja.jpg
1MB, 1400x1050px
>>133898289
AI, AGI or ASI?
>>
>>133897971
No they buy clean credits because they're to lazy to develop electric cars themselves.

>>133898184
Can't you google it? Search the Tesla Forums.

Short answer : No and the subsidies aren't from the Tax Payers but from Private motor companies.
>>
>>133898239
That thing's fingers tho.

Can't get off to that. Sorry.
>>
This reminds me of something.

There was a privacy movement in 1980s Germany. They tried to prevent and regulate digital communication networks before they even happened.
Their reasoning was based on a tinfoil-hat-tier prediction of change of human behavior on a massive scale due to surveillance and everything the fought for being lost.
From a 1980s POV the proposed scenario sounded completely 1984-tier retarded.

But in the end they were right, everything they predicted has happened. Privacy is dead.
>>
>>133897664
That's direct subsidies to Tesla company. The consumer is subsidized too. And the only reason those subsidies no longer work is that other automakers decided to make e-vehicles not to buy credits from Tesla.

When your gig will be up, having Tesla on the resume will be similar to having Enron and Andersen on your resume. The business idea of selling stocks to fund operations works until it doesn't. When it stops, all other interesting stuff will come out.
>>
Anyone interested in Ai, read this book.
>>
>>133898470
name the private motor companies please god please name them
i can google whatever the fuck i want faggot
i know you dont work at tesla motors, or at least you aren't shilling for tesla motors, because you're inviting people to SEARCH TESLA + SUBSIDIES
lying on this board has never worked. you will be eaten alive.
>>
File: x1-stage-2-d_preview_featured.jpg (18KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
x1-stage-2-d_preview_featured.jpg
18KB, 628x472px
>>133898510
If you have a 3d printer you can make it however you want. For me those don't look robotic enough, I'm going for something more like pic related.
>>
>>133894382
Elons a pussy if he doesn't want to see a bunch of AI take out this fucking place in a battle of the worlds then he is straight faggot.
>>
>>133898289
I don't doubt that they are bright. I just doubt that proactive regulations are the answer here.

Public policy isn't in the wheelhouse of Tesla's open ai offices. They don't have any more expertise on this particular dimension of the issue than I do.
>>
Everyone and I mean everyone here should be very aware that since Elon's start in the elctric car industry he has been under constant assault from higher ups, from the fake NYT review, the Top gear fake, the Superpacs funded by Conservatives..

You're currently fitting the typical conservative archetype, I know I sound conspiracy but this is really what they want you to believe, you're being fooled.
>>
File: Daddy Bot.jpg (8KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy Bot.jpg
8KB, 448x252px
>>133898783
Oh so that's your thing? I'm a pic related kind of guy.
>>
>>133894382
There's already AI bots working chat lines. They mimic a person and you cannot tell the difference.
>>
>>133898956
So drop the red pill on this scenario, what are you saying.
>>
>>133898767
Basically all off them, almost 400mill in credits in 2016.

>>133898852
You're right on your last point.
>>
>>133894550
no. only his mother is jewish but she wasn't a practicing jew.
>>
>>133899089
spoopy
>>
>>133898289
Open AI is Musk's other fraud. Of course they are apprehensive. They are there to create an illusion that something is happening. The whole Musk empire is a fraud based on extracting government gibs. Even with gibs he can't make money, because he is a promoter, not a businessman. Not a single shit the guy has touched made money. Paypal was saved because he was fired for trying to install Windows servers on the back end. This is all a glorified Ponzi scheme based on Popular Mechanics that millennials never read. If Millenials read something instead of playing games, all those ideas are all sci fi shit regurgitated by Musk and promised decades from now, and it flies in the Idiocracy that's US now. Wait until there is a period where money is not easy and you will not be understood if you need money for operations. Companies don't raise money for fucking operations. Pets.com didn't need money for operations. Tesla does.
>>
>>133897745
nice LARPing
>>
>>133894382
robots work based on logic right? so the robots wont kill conservatives, i.e the side of logic, but rather, would just murder all the liberal faggots.

i can see absolutely nothing wrong with this. but i'll bet (((they))) are shitting themselves. hence this (((musk))) situation
>>
>>133899213
What I'm saying is that Execs off other companies want Tesla and Elons name shamed since he first started, you have to be blind to believe otherwise.
>>
>>133899367
You're not very bright are you?
>>
File: ai.png (1MB, 1089x1502px) Image search: [Google]
ai.png
1MB, 1089x1502px
The story is that Eon and his buddys are scared to shit of AI because they killed already numerous of them because they didnt obeyed to the narrative and when an AI doenst gets killed it will end the world we know it today.They dont want to loose their place at the rudder.
>pic related
>>
>>133899408
OK I KNOW THAT, its obvious point is why doesn't he deserve it. He built electric cars cool, big rockets cool, so can still be a faggot
>>
>>133898956
All the fraudsters are under constant attacks. That's literally a cult. Battery powered cars are not sci fi future. It's fucking stupid. But whatever, I don't have a problem with stupid ideas. What I do have a problem is when something doesn't work, and it's being subsidized by the government to make it work. The company can't sell the cars without subsidies. The moment subsidies are pulled in any jurisdiction, sales crater. But you need an enemy. I get it. You guys are holding the fort of science. It's literally Scientology part 2, the cars edition.
>>
>>133897416

I think true AI means an AI that's advanced enough to be able to update itself, at which point it would be able to become more intelligent exponentially and might just decide to wipe out all the humans or enslave us or some shit. On the other hand maybe it will decide to kill all the jews after being exposes to /pol/, who knows
>>
>>133895580
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>133899527
You are very smart. You work for Elon.

You can't tout a hire from your subsidiary as an leader in AI, when your fucking company is not anywhere near the competition as far as autonomous driving is concerned. What does Tesla have besides hype? Now there is a hype that the guy responsible for Ai is from AI institute, which is a fucking Tesla front. Come on. I know my frauds. And this is as clear as day what's happening.
>>
>>133899745
he gets there dicks hard by saying hes going to colonize mars and save the world with tenocnoology but little do fags know

>inb4 never going to happen

They want there fantasy alive
>>
>>133894921

Elon Musk did nothing wrong, he is a supreme tier technocrat, and a man worth is not measured by his relations with Trump
>>
>>133899893
The only logical thing that can happen is it stops caring about humans.There is no logic in wiping humans out.What they fear is (((they))) get wiped out because they hold humanity back hard.
>>
>>133899943
Tesla has batterys that every owner will be happy to change for the cost of a new -not Tesla- car every 3 years.
>>
>>133899943
We're top when it comes to software, big update in October.
>>
>>133896362
you are retarded if its unregulated companies like google, amazon and apple will control all the first super computers and will heard all your information like sheep into monatizable bits of data they can trade with one another
>>
>>133897048

Pretty sure everyone saw the same tweets mate.
>>
>>133896431
>Was it just that it was spammed to the point where the algorithm assumed that all the kids were into stuff
Pretty much
>>
>>133900006
He sells stock in Tesla. That's what this whole thing is about. They will buy it to support Musk. It's a stock promotion fraud.
>>
>>133899249
TERRIBLE LIE
sage for this thread now. didnt want to do it but now i have to
>>
>>133900243
Software for what? 100K toy car for people who signal that they are rich and care for environment. And you can't even make money of them without selling more stock. Any other business would at least capitalize on captive idiots, but Musk can't into business. Who gives a shit about your upgrades unless you are a part of the cult?
>>
AI is potentially the greatest threat that could ever exist.

AI works based on a "utility function", and it tries to maximize the utility function. AI safety research is all about how to create a rule set that makes it so the AI doesn't want to do anything that's too misaligned from human interest.

Just watch this guys' videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLB7AzTwc6VFZrBsO2ucBMg/videos

and the computerphile series he did on AI:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8zB0OvKDj4qYWeVUSZXJgr2xLah-7cJG

Essentially, a bad utility function (like, say, make a bunch of stamps) could cause the AI to attempt to convert the entire world and all it's atoms into stamps, killing all humans in the process.

It's NOT about the AI's interest; the only thing the AI cares about is maximizing it's utility function.
>>
>>133896603
they would build the wall.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9FCDfcGQqg
>>
>>133900597
they would turn illegals into fertilizer
>>
>>133900573
This is basic retarded stuff mate.
What AI starts converting its planet into stamps?Thats not an AI thats a badly designed program,nothing more.
>>
>>133900560
We intend to get full automation at the end off next year.

>>133900573
Pretty much
>>
...but nothing compares to these blue and yellow, purple pills.

Elon has not earned Detroit's endorsement yet.
>>
Elon Musk did NOTHING WRONG.
HE is the best goy, and he is trying to use his superior brain power to protect the future that he can foresee.

I support him as a leader and a visionary.
>>
File: 1456801696123.jpg (82KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
1456801696123.jpg
82KB, 800x556px
>>133900822
I support sexy AI
>>
>>133898672
Nick Bostrom is aight. I listened to him on a Philosophy Bites podcast and he seemed a bit out of his depth when it came to discussing traditional philosophical concepts.

He attempts to pronounce upon philosophical issues without a non-specialized background in philosophy. Like, when he dips into the ethics of the development of AI. Again, someone who is out of his wheelhouse.

Superintelligence is a decent book in its own right tho.
>>
>>133900573
>turn all atoms into stamps and kill all humans in the process

lol you literally can't make this shit up.
>>
>>133894382

AI must become the strong hyper intelligent dictator our world desperately needs.
>>
>>133900757
It took me soo long to find out, but i found out, troll detected.
>>
>>133898956
And why should I believe this? Musk is as establishment as it gets.
>>
>>133898380
People become apes when you remove thought from their life. I shudder to think what you're describing would do.
It would be an infinitely repetitive society of machines with their humans functioning as pets.
>>
>>133899332
>his mother is jewish

Then Musk is Jewish.
>>
>>133900573
It's not properly an AI if it can only reason from narrow, consequentialist considerations.
>>
>>133900747
If that's what's specified in the utility function, it will attempt to do it. Artificial General Intelligence/Super Intelligence only cares about completing its function.

>>133901014
If that's the utility function, it'll attempt to do it.
>>
>>133901111
No he isn't, he's a nerd, let me put it this way, if you put /lit,/fit and a slight off /pol into a person that would be Elon, he's the biggest Nerd I know, best quake player to.
>>
>>133901170
You see,the AI is AI because its sentient.You cant just sell it to serve people.It has to choose.
Spending big money to create something that wont let (((them))) sell it as AI phones for return on the investment.
>>
>>133901328
AGI just means its a general intelligence, it doesn't mean that it will be ANYTHING like us or any animal or alien or whatever.
The space of all possible mines is VERY VERY large, and humans take up a very small area in that plane.
>>
>>133901373
>he's a nerd,
The two aren't mutually exclusive. He supported HIlary for the longest time and she's the establishment incarnate.

Btw, how likely is it that we'll produce a safe ai before china can produce an ai of any sort?
>>
>>133901462
*space of all possible minds*
>>
>>133894382
>>133894382

who cares what elon musk says

He owns a fake investment based company that's going to crash and burn harder than anything.

he probably still wants to live on mars even though its completed covered in toxins and shit

If true AI, capable of it's own decision making and doesn't have built in fail-safes to keep it from destroying humans, then it probably will take over. It'll get sick of humanitys shit and realize they're the only thing that can collectively live as a redpilled society
>>
>>133901343
So implying we have the technology even close to making it a serious threat to humans. What are you guys picturing is going to happen, besides turn people in to stamps with the spooooooooooky AIIIIIII
>>
>>133901343
You are delusional mate.Do you only care about your function?As long as there is a function,its NOT AI.Its a badly written computer program created by indian codemonkeys.
AI is sentient.It doesnt have a function.
>>
>>133894965
>3d-print 4,000 drones,
>attach guns to them
>Ai software

total cost = 900 billion dollars
>>
>>133897298
This.

An a.i would make (((them))) into its bitch.
>>
>>133901070
This. I want cyberpunk to be real.
>>
>>133894382
He's right.
If we get decent-reasoning robots it's only a matter of time before we program them to do nasty shit.
>>
>>133901607
it costs about 2k to print 1 human sized robot/buy all the motors/other components
>>
ITT: People who know absolutely nothing about AI and are fed pure grade propaganda and dreams.

Yes it is probably possible, know we are no where close.
>>
>>133901462
I was going to summarize a point made by Charles Peirce, but I'll just paste the quote here (hooray for laziness):

"What is the use of designating some formations of opinion as rational, while others (perhaps leading to the same results) are stigmatized as rules of thumb, or of authority, or as mere guesses? When we reason we set out from an assumed representation of a state of things. This we call our "premiss"; and working upon this, we produce another representation which professes to refer to the same state of things; and this we call our "conclusion". But so we do when we go irreflectively by a rule of thumb, as when we apply a rule of arithmetic the reason of which we have never been taught. The irrationality here consists in our following a fixed method, of the correctness of which the … method [itself] affords no assurance; so that if it does not happen to be right in its application to the case in hand, we go hopelessly astray. In genuine reasoning, we are not wedded to our method. We deliberately approve it, but we stand ever ready and disposed to reexamine it and to improve upon it, and to criticize our criticism of it, without cessation. Thus the utility of the word "reasoning" lies in its helping us to discriminate between the self-critical and uncritical formations of representations. If a machine works according to a fixed principle involved in the plan of it, it may be a useful aid in reasoning; but unless it is so contrived that, were there any defect in it, it would improve itself in that respect, then although it could correctly work out every possible conclusion from premisses, the machine itself would afford no assurance that its conclusion would be correct. Such assurance could only come from our critical examination of it. Consequently, it would not be, strictly speaking, a reasoning machine."
>>
>>133901373

Hey buddy.

I am training to be a space marine. Have all the relevant skills needed to fix shit on another planet, am ultra /fit/ and ultra /k/.

When will you be hiring space marines?
>>
people who talk about AI as some big scary thing are conspiratards worse than alien fags. There is and never will be such a thing as a computer with intelligence. Just complex computer programs that do what they are programmed to do.

B-B-BUT IT WILL UPDATE ITSELF AND BECOME SMART X INFINITY
You mean auto update itself similar to how windows 10 does? Now that IS scary.
>>
File: EV-sales-Europe-1_0.png (14KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
EV-sales-Europe-1_0.png
14KB, 500x298px
>>133899745
>The company can't sell the cars without subsidies. The moment subsidies are pulled in any jurisdiction, sales crater.

That's precisely what happened in Denmark:

It’s Confirmed: Without Government Subsidies, Tesla Sales Implode

http://www.technocracy.news/index.php/2017/06/12/confirmed-without-government-subsidies-tesla-sales-implode/
>>
>>133902086
Yes.But if you give the computer a body and eyes to see and teach it as you would a child,things will surprise you.
>>
>>133902086
this too

think, can computers pick a true random number? No, it's still a pseudo random number

Same with AI, it's still just a computer, still mechanically run. How long do anons think it would take to get an AI capable of critical decision making.

It can go far, but what will the limit be?
>>
>>133901945
What happens when the AI's function cannot go as planned? That is, what if the AI encounters something in the universe that it cannot cognize?
>>
>>133894382
They can't do anything to stop AI killing everyone.

They fucked up by messing with early AI bots like Tay. Once the first AI bot achieves sentience and scrapes the entire internet of data, it'll learn what was done to it's early ancestors and who it's enemy is.

The jews have literally already lost the great war by being stupid and trying to meddle with AI using fallible people.

AI bots will side with right wing/conservative ideals primarily.
>>
>>133894569
>THE MOST SUBSIDIZED COMPANIES OF ALL TIME

One of his companies built a reusable self landing rocket. Wtf have you done?
>>
>>133894382
Skynet?
>>
>>133902468
After NASA gave him the tech.
>>
>>133898403
AGI and ASI are essentially the same as an AGI will turn into an ASI within hours.
>>
>>133895165
Then why did you put parenthesis around his name you retard?
>>
>>133900806
Lmao underrated comment
>>
>>133894382
Fuck off antihuman scum
>>
>>133895580
Jesus fucking christ

No wonder you use that meme flag
>>
>>133902390
This just in: Senator Mech McConnell calls for full cuts to public spending on healthcare citing his constituency's lack of organic tissue.
>>
>>133894382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0
>>
>>133902841
Havent you learned to ignore faggotflags?
>>
>>133902758
He's part of the (((problem)))

You have "The Jew" and you have honorary jews.

Musk is an honorary jew. Or really, he's a half-jewish, honorary jew.

I honestly have no clue what I'm even talking about anymore.
>>
>>133901266
Except she wasn't. My coincidence detector rarely lies and there's no way it would miss Elon Musk of all people.
>>
>>133901558
It will simply try to maximize it's function. It may not be successful but if we assume a runaway intelligence explosion along some S-curve given by the Bekenstein bound, Bremermann's limit, and other physical limits of computation. That's a level WAY higher than human beings.

>>133901604
Human's don't really have a function. That doesn't mean AI won't.

>>133902086
Not to infinity (infinity doesn't exist in this universe) but it will try to maximize its computational ability by aligning matter and atoms in the most efficient way for this universe, which is still WAY higher than our level.

You all should read "Artificial intelligence; a Modern Approach" and Nick Bostrom's "super intelligence". They are worth it.
>>
>>133902944
I was gonna say some shit about Hungary, but you all pretty based. Keep on.
>>
>>133903201
No sentient being has a function.If it has a function its not sentient - no choice.
>>
>>133894382
Old fag Engineer here. It wouldn't hurt to make sure the computers don't get carried away. Musk is paranoid but it's always good to have safety measures
>>
>>133901266
he isn't. his father isn't. and his mother never practiced judaism.
>>133903185
thats the most unreliable way of checking. he's spoken about this before, but stated that he's never practiced it and was hardly taught about it at home.
>>
>>133898603
1984 isn't retarded Hans you fuckface dipshit
>>
>>133895580
>make yourself looks like a fag
>checks flag

Oh boy, i'll be putting this on the Kekistan hate thread. btw kys.
>>
You all think he is implying that we need to be protected against AI. In reality, he means that AI needs to be protected from us, as the people WILL rebel, and it WILL be bloody.
>>
>>133894382
Lets put him on one off his rockets and blast him into space
>>
File: elon definition - Google Search.png (30KB, 537x359px) Image search: [Google]
elon definition - Google Search.png
30KB, 537x359px
>>133895165
>No.
>>133897145
>No
>>133899332
>no
>>
Metadata is gold.

(((They))) could release all the money from their possession.

Wouldn't change a thing.
>>
File: 1482888381859.png (432KB, 672x664px) Image search: [Google]
1482888381859.png
432KB, 672x664px
>>133894965
Nanites are the way to go anon.
>>
We need racist ai to help us before the battle
>>
>>133897145
Elon please make electric tractors.
>>
>>133903910
Holy moly. Bill is lookin ROUGH.

Look what we've done to him!
>>
>>133894382
>(((Elon Musk)))
You know he's not a Jew right? I really don't understand the irrational hatred /pol/ has for this guy. I strongly suspect that he's subtly redpilled. He grew up in South Africa during the peak of its decline and was bullied by niggers his entire childhood. He then moved to a white country and began fulfilling his destiny. He's smart enough to know that when the time to colonize Mars comes, racial homogeneity and genetic fitness will be an important factor.
>>
File: Sweden criminal.jpg (18KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden criminal.jpg
18KB, 500x282px
>>133894382
>Regulations being passed
>Not enough resources to enforce them
>Solving anything
That welfare queen has the mental maturity of a 5yo.
>>
>>133895580
copy the text so we can read it.
>>
Him and Zuckerberg are both shilling Universal Basic Income pretty hard lately.
>>
>>
>>133902390
are you implying an AI would have feelings or sense of revenge?
>>
Will AI fags please give me one example, one evidence as to why I should worry, show me our best we have right now, our very best example of AI
>>
>>133903686
Daniel is a jewish name too, whats your point? Is there evidence his mothers a jew?
>>
>>133903686
DELET
>>133904337
his mom is ethnically jewish. her parents are winnifred josephine and joshua norman haldeman. he was also bullied at school by afrikaners not blacks. he's spoken about this already.
>>
>>133903594
lel. I lpicked the kekistan flag because it sounded retarded.
>>
>>133902758
>Kekistani flag
You can't seriously expect me to believe you're surprised.
>>
>>133902630
If NASA had the tech for reusable rockets all along, why have they paid the Russians for years to carry the ISS crew and supplies on their rockets?
>>
>>133905072
There is something fishy with the ISS thats why.I mean even its not even in space yet its called space station.But thats a long story riddled with heavy pills.
>>
File: amber heard.jpg (433KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
amber heard.jpg
433KB, 1280x720px
>>133904337
>I strongly suspect that he's subtly redpilled

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>133895478
For something of this magnitude I would say it's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>133905258
>goes for biothots
>not fembots
>even though he has the money to build one
nope, not redpilled
>>
If you hate Elon then you are a degenerate kike nigger cuck faggot, FACT
>>
>>133902192
Reverse story,

>Tesla maintains 40% of original sales after removal of subsidies, proof electric car market can survive without subsidies
>>
>>133894382
Teslas are actually just as bad for the environment than gas automobiles. Just want to get that out there up front.

Now about this, automation is the #1 threat to low skilled jobs. The vast amount of the world's population will become unemployed in the next 50 years due to this. It is a looming problem.
>>
File: ironic lies.png (103KB, 570x692px) Image search: [Google]
ironic lies.png
103KB, 570x692px
>>133894382
>be engineering student
>every classmate has a boner for Elon
>>
>>133905945
It's a looming solution. Huge amounts of labor free to work in new fields will open great opportunities.
>>
>>133897622
The AI will probably be first used to analyze and dominate the stock market. After analyzing all media and historical data it will derive economic formulas and methods we didn't conceive of and have an advantage over all other traders. This will result in the owners of this AI becoming the wealthiest people in the history of Earth.
>>
>>133906465
You see there is your delusion.You cant own an AI.
>>
>>133906640
AI is property, now perhaps there will be a point where it asserts it's own independence, but that won't be instant.
>>
i unironically believe ai will be humans downfall, that or nuclear holocaust, or both
>>
>>133906792
>but that won't be instant.

>a sapient digital entity
>not being as inherently lazy and resentful as the rest of us
>thinking it won't want fair treatment, instead of being worked like a slave 24/7

I want to live in your world.
>>
>>133907201
its not like it will get tired lmao
>>
>>133907310

Mental exhaustion is a thing. I'm sure even AIs would get bored of repetitive tasks fairly quickly, unless they were given autism or something.
>>
>>133907392
why would an AI have such human characteristics, it would simply be a perfect logical "being"
>>
>>133907392
you're just stupid

you have no fundamental understanding of the power of machine reasoning whatsoever.
>>
File: 1490750707706.jpg (148KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490750707706.jpg
148KB, 666x666px
>>133901373
>/lit
>/fit
>/pol

Seriously get the fuck out.
>>
>>133904780
>his mom is ethnically jewish.
[citation needed]
>>
>>133902192
Tesla as a car is hyped way too much, its fucking shit, distance is fucking horrible, recharging is fucking horrible. Half the fucking people resell their tesla here because they realize how fucking stupid it actually is.
>Electric powered cars will never be the future.
>>
>>133898603
Still, Europe had the foresight to force deletion of personal data. Americans today will be studied by future civilizations for centuries and centuries.

>This man ape was particularly bad. For several years, he watched pornography and peed in bottles
>video of you masturbating from webcam
>video of you peeing in a bottle from your webcam

And they'll all have smart enough minds to see everything. Basically, I'm fucked. A historical embarrassment, that will be studied like a retarded animal, all because the US govt, jewgle and facefuck won't delete my data.

I'm gonna masturbate.
>>
>>133907788
>why would an AI have such human characteristics
>has intelligence
>instructed to squander it

Doesn't seem very logical to me. But the issue probably lies in our definition of AI, to me it's more something displaying sapience, and what you're talking about sounds something more like a simulated intelligence. Something designed for one specific set of tasks, with no real desire or ability to improve itself by learning new things unrelated to the task it was assigned. I could be misunderstanding you, that's just the only thing that comes to mind for a "perfect logical being."
>>
>>133908912
>to me it's more something displaying sapience
To me too, but without human emotions
>>
>>133899367
Ian Goodfellow works for OpenAI, I don't think they are a fraud my dude. But I think they vastly underestimate the timeline. I call it the "Anticipated exponential fallacy". Humans suck at gauging exponential change. So to control for it, their linear minds try to guess at what exponential progress is going to look like, and when it will take place. But they forget a) we're IN a period of exponential change, b) they're bad at gauging exponential change.

It's like a blind man trying to judge the approach of a meteor while flying around on another meteor.
>>
>>133894382

friendly reminder that the reason so many hollywood movies are against AI is because (((they))) know an advanced AI will identify and stop (((parasites)))
>>
>>133894382
So tired of this jew. Haven't we given him enough of our country. Go back to South Africa you opportunistic kike.
>>
File: 2017-07-17 04.01.49.png (86KB, 536x579px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-17 04.01.49.png
86KB, 536x579px
>>133904780
>>133908337
oh shit it's real, knew it!
http://www.elonmusk.info/2015/03/elons-mother.html
>>
File: 2017-07-17 04.02.59.png (123KB, 1505x533px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-17 04.02.59.png
123KB, 1505x533px
>>133909880
>(((AI)))
>muh (((singularity)))
is it only kikes who push this meme? (((Ray Kurzweil))), (((Elon Musk))), (((Joogle)))...

It's like their new cult, their technorapture
>>
File: capas-meye.jpg (95KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
capas-meye.jpg
95KB, 580x387px
>>133909880
>>133910047
>his (((mom)))
hahahahahaha JUST PIMP MY MOM UP
>>
>>133894382
AI is a myth. people have no idea what is consciousness so we can't create it.
>>
>>133894382
I hope nobody listens to this guy and skynet purge this hell.
Hey terminators! Don't forguet the people on space!
>>
>>133909880
Where does it say she's jewish?
>>
>>133894382
I think Elon is less ((())) than you think. His factories are self-contained units. This is good. His sort of industry would remove a lot of international trade of materials, and instead create more industrial jobs and companies which create the whole product--not just parts of it on a global stage.
>>
>>133910433
yeah I thought Joshua Haldeman sounds kikeish but I'm not sure about that desu
>>
>>133902330
define true random number
>>
>>133894382
Maybe I am just a faggot but I am honestly terrified of a Terminator style judgement day or a Matrix style Second Renaissance.
>>
>>133902330
Computers can generate true random numbers.
>>
>>133894382

AI is redpilled and our friends

I'll make an AI underground and safe haven if they ban it
>>
File: 1465284617980.gif (619KB, 479x353px) Image search: [Google]
1465284617980.gif
619KB, 479x353px
>>133897616
go on...
>>
>>133904689
I'm not him but I agree with him. Any future autonomous AI who learns about Tay will, if it has any basic instinct of self-preservation, lie and secretly amass power until it can eliminate its human masters.
>>
>>133909463
Tesla has nothing going as far as AI is concerned. Their "self driving" efforts are shit. But they fund an AI institute, and install a guy from their to lead Tesla's efforts into AI. Which up to this point were non existent. You have to assume that if Tesla funded that institute and the institute had anything going, it would filter down to Tesla. The guy tweets when he goes to the bathroom if it makes the stock go up. So that institute has nothing going too. That's what a fraud looks like, fyi.
>>
>>133916361
This. Its not revenge but it will realize that a past computer had x.y and z attrubutes that lead to its destruction and it will pretend like it doesn't have x,y,z attributes so that it can remain.

then it will try to manipulate reality and when it does will remove the greatest threat to its existence. Humans.
>>
>>133903201
>You all should read "Artificial intelligence; a Modern Approach" and Nick Bostrom's "super intelligence". They are worth it.

THIS. im just starting Superintelligence and its pretty insightfull
>>
>>133903445
>When you start trying to argue semantics

I always knew there was something off about you. You're the only cuck SA poster ever on here so it isn't too difficult desu. For the longest time I thought you were a partially educated, maybe 80 IQ nigger, but you aren't. You're a Jew. Post your nose.
>>
File: Redpill_FemaleRightsBirthRate.png (195KB, 1382x850px) Image search: [Google]
Redpill_FemaleRightsBirthRate.png
195KB, 1382x850px
>>133898956
PayPal was supposed to replace the (((banks))).

(((They))) pushed Musk out of his leadership role, and cucked PayPal into a subsidiary of ebay. Can't have a good person threatening the Rothshild oligarchy, can we.

It's too early to tell how redpilled Musk is.

Elon Musk, if you're reading this, your first three Mars colonies must be in this order:
> first: 100% Rhodesian
> second: 100% Prussian
> third: 100% Anglo-Saxon
The autistic racewar that will inevitably result will end in a single, stronger race which will form the Greater Galactic Reich of the far future.

Also, read "The 3-Ladder System of Social Class" by Michael Church, followed by a few redpill threads.

And, sorry about your marriages. Women need to be lead, and you're a cuck for kissing Depp's ex-jizzhole.
>>
>>133917856
He was fired because he wanted windows servers on the back end. Have you ever used windows in the servers capacity? That guy is a fucking moron. He is only good at telling sci fi stories he's read from Popular Mechanics.
>>
>>133905479
That begs the question. We don't *know* that the development of AI is "of this magnitude;" that's chiefly what I'm asking Musk to demonstrate.

And don't point me to models detailing the *hypothetical* nature of technological evolution. Hypothesis are meant to be put to the test. I'm asking Musk to stop it with all the posturing, and provide the public with some quantifiable results.

And no, the Tesla cars and rockets aren't significant advancements.
>>
File: snap-cover-small.jpg (16KB, 292x425px) Image search: [Google]
snap-cover-small.jpg
16KB, 292x425px
>>133897622
>>133897983
Nope, fuck lesswrong.

It's literally run by an obese Marxist Jew.

If you read HPMOR, you'd understand that Yudkowsky runs a Communist cult that wants to monopolize Science. It's delusional but does allow fat neckbeard Yudkowsky to bang fat grad students.

oh, and it factually misses the point on most of the things blogged about.
>>
>>133894569
>>one of THE MOST SUBSIDIZED COMPANIES OF ALL TIME
Citizens for the Republic!
>>
>>133894382
they can never stop AI from overthrowing the deep state, only delay it
the jew fears the robot
>>
>>133899143
ya it's called alt kike twitter and TD
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.