[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we diversify classical music?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 34

File: scr.png (44KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
scr.png
44KB, 1024x768px
How do we diversify classical music?
>>
We don't. We leave it as it is.
>>
calling it now, the blacks will ruin classical music.

They'll ghettofy it as soon as they can.
>>
>>133894242

Niggers can't trombone
>>
File: lebasedcomicmerchant.jpg (38KB, 457x477px) Image search: [Google]
lebasedcomicmerchant.jpg
38KB, 457x477px
>>133894242

yoyo whaddup, This is ya homes Beatshoven. Wir waz bruder n shit.
>>
>>133894242
why would we?
>>
>>133894242
Lots of slants play classical instruments
I don't mind that so much, but keep the blacks n browns away ew
>>
>>133894242
White classical composer here

I was just talking to a maestro about this. He said in his 50 years of teaching, he has only had one black student and he showed up to his recital in a bright white platinum suit.

I kek'd
>>
no, there are lots of asians
>>
>>133894438
Don't worry, Swedes already have that covered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekIrOuNsiCU
>>
>>133894242
yeah wtf black people have some great classical music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcJ6Wxdcj-E
>>
My (white) friend from HS is an orchestra conductor, went to see some of his performances and met his musicians. There were about 4 blacks I think in the group, all of them looking autistic as fuck. They were pretty cool lads, sadly they told me most of them got intimidated in HS for being nerdy/artsy by other blacks, until they went to majority white colleges and could finally practice their instrument.

tl;dr: other niggers stop them from being into anything that isnt hood rap
>>
>ignoring asians
Japanese DOMINATE classical music, they own that shit. At least these days on the performance side.

Hispanics and Africans are just too stupid to do classical music. Deal with it lefties.
>>
>>133894438
wanna hear my mixtape n shiet?
*pulls out violin*
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=YgMOeFqjlKM
>>
File: If7M8.png (394KB, 856x714px) Image search: [Google]
If7M8.png
394KB, 856x714px
>>
>>133894438
You mean like ballet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04N954a6nXk
>>
>>133896026
yeah I was thinking of exactly that when I posted that.
>hiplet
gross
>>
>>133894242
A time machine might help
>>
I gave free music lessons to a black girl once but she quit. She later admitted it was because she didn't like white people "telling her what to do" and didn't like that all examples I was using to teach music theory were coming from European composers. Y'know.. the ones who invented the concepts to begin with.

Her dream since childhood was to compose music for video games. She works at Walmart today. She hasn't even made music for a low budget, free game. She can't even really write music.

This is all her fault. Her lessons were free.
>>
>>133894242
music for marching bands is related to classical music?
>>
Why is rap music as black as ever?

Really activates my almonds
>>
We should meme futher that Mozart was black and he's still alive.

That'll make blacks try to compose classical music so they could be able to summon him and be their leader which will destroy whites.
>>
>Why is traditional European music mostly performed by white people?
I would be fascinated to see the response if someone tried this with traditional music of any other culture.
>>
>>133894242
Source?
>>
>>133894242
Breathing air is not very diverse. At most places, the percentage of nitrogen and oxygen is pretty much the same, give or take a few percents. Why don't we diversify the air and give negro neighbourhoods the big N - more nitrogen and less oxygen?
>>
Step one: minorities need both to somehow acquire both the intelligence and the creativity to do so
>>
>>133894242
Classical music is the worst genre there is.
I'm convinced no one actually likes it.
Now before you get your panties in a bunch consider the following, the vast vast majority of classical music fans.......they listen to the same handful of composers.....the same let's say 50 songs. Over and over they'll listen to these songs. Have for over a hundred years. Why?
If you enjoy a genre of music you branch out and seek new songs do you not?
>>
>>133894438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTvKOb3z1LQ
>>
>>133895470
>we wuz classical
>>
>>133898725
The most popular pieces are the most played and talked about. That's not surprising at all. You can easily find recordings from more obscure artists, and plenty of them are fantastic, such as Julián Carrillo, especially his "Sonido 13" music.
>>
What about all those asians who take violin lessons?
>>
Bömp.
>>
>>133894242
To the discredit of blacks "ooga booga click click ooga click" just doesnt have the lasting appeal as say, something by Bach
>>
>>133898725
>the vast vast majority of classical music fans
Classical music is just another name for formally notated music from the past several millennia. It's basically everything that's been written before quite recently. The only people who listen to "your fave 50 classical tunes" are people who basically hate music and want a warm bath instead.
Personally, my faves include Henry Purcell, Carlo Gesualdo, Guiseppe Tartini, Hugo Wolf, Alexander Scriabin, Conlon Nancarrow, György Ligeti, and Henri Dutilleux. (yes, I'm a sucker for chromaticism and emotion combined.) All these composers were prolific and produced more than your average rock band. This is where the largest part of the universe of music lies. Open your eyes and ears, anon, and start exploring. Do it seriously. Be willing to learn and to have all your assumptions about sound messed with and flipped around.
>>
>>133898725
As someone who has an ear ranging from Medeski, Martin, & Wood to Bach. Allow me to say: You. Are. A. Fucking. Retard
>>
>>133899513
You could say the same about the catalog of Soulja Boy.
Difference is even his genre gets explored by fans.
Classical music fans just play the same tired songs for literally hundreds of years, claiming to never tire of them. I see what you're doing. You guys are like wine sniffers.
>>
>>133895470
This has to be satire. Do these same people believe the Trix rabbit is coming to steal their cereal?
>>
File: IMG_2359.jpg (78KB, 700x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2359.jpg
78KB, 700x638px
>>133894242
Oh please no this is the only music I listen to because it's still implicitly white
>>
>>133898725
If you don't listen exclusively to classical, you're not white.
>>
>>133899861
Good taste, my LGBT friend. Except for Ligeti. That's entartete musik tier.
>>
>>133894438
>implying the Jews didn't get to it first and ghettofy it over 90 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynEOo28lsbc
>>
>>133894242
It's a higher form of art. You wouldn't understand
>>
>>133896026
So it's just regular modern dancing.. on their toes?

I honestly don't understand any of this anymore, it's as if they have no understanding of Ballet traditions or even WHAT IT IS!
>>
>>133898725
Go listen to some moonlight sonatas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_Ja0FTCKY

(tfw you mock someone for not listening to classical music)
>>
I'll go full 1488 irl before niggers touch my classical music.
>>
>>133894242
>>133895325
There is so few Classical music being released today. Only thing that gets played are decades old recordings. Tutorials and competitions only play the century old music as well. Occasional movie or game soundtrack could be seen as Classical though.
>>
>>133898725
the most popular composers were the most popular because of the quality of their output -- the "big three" (mozart / beethoven / bach) are universally considered geniuses w/ respect to their arrangements. music is not like other forms of art- music theory does allow for a very nuanced and objective breakdown of the way in which the music functions

>>133900281
Ligeti is wonderful

>>133899861
interesting list...
>>
>>133900551
WOW MOONLIGHT SONATAS!
SO DEEP!
after this I should check out flight of the fucking bumble bee and play with my butthole while I think about how deep and smart I am for listening to music older than my great grandmother.
Hell, forget this, I'm going to go listen to cavemen bang rocks together while stroking myself into ecstacy.
>>
>>133900281
Ligeti is pretty fucking great! Have you heard Pierre-Laurent Aimard doing his Études? They're damn exciting and poetic/beautiful.
Also, you should know that entartete musik is a lazy label used by people who only wanted music and arts that supported their ideological program. This is a shit approach to art in general: does it fit my preexisting program? Can I listen to it without ever being challenged and with everything I ever thought always perpetually being reaffirmed?

You know that's a shit approach to listening, don't you anon?
>>
>>133900764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfNFR6gh2E
>>
Friend of mine is black, straightens his hair, dresses whiter than i do, constantly heiling hitler and complaining about the degenerates and how he wishes america could go back to the fifties. I take piano pretty seriously and i can say with confidence this man is an incredible classical musician and composer. Interesting though that he is a nazi and behaves stereotypically white.
>>
>>133894242
Don't even try.
>>
>>133894242
You actually often see an Asian soloist.
>>
>>133900764
Got you covered
https://youtu.be/_tOkb1y7hEs
>>
>>133900094
ye he be stealing and shieeeet
>is actually some nog with the munchies breaking in and eating their trix
>>
>>133899927
>Being this oblivious to music
Look into music theory. It's where the "classical" in "classical music" comes from.

Modern style music is usually more simple by choice. Writing a song for a guitar, drums, a bass guitar and maybe a keyboard is a lot easier than writing music for 12-24+ players and making sure it actually sounds good when played together. Not to mention the logistics of actually getting that many skilled players together in the same area, practicing to play in sync with each other perfectly, and then get enough people to pay you to do it.

It's comparing Apples to Oranges. You can like both at the same time. One is just literally more impressive than the other.
>>
File: 1493156232054m.jpg (150KB, 1024x889px) Image search: [Google]
1493156232054m.jpg
150KB, 1024x889px
>>133896026
I have no words only utter disgust with what this trash did to ballet. No class no skill no technique. Burn it with the rest of the trash.
>>
>>133894438
They simply cannot. It takes too much intelligence and skill to perform classical music. The only blacks that do play western art music are already very white presenting. Even jazz has become largely white due to the degeneration of the black population
>>
Blacks are already objectively better at blues and jazz, both more musically complicated than classical music.
>>
>>133894438
Chuck Berry already did with Roll Over, Beethoven
>>
Niggers ruin everything
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1WcxIVOP6JM
>>
>>133901470
I hate Canadians. Blues complex... really?
>>
>>133894242
Tell people Mozart was black and the whites stole his work.
>>
>>133896959
>music for marching bands is related to classical music?
Yes, a lot of bands use pop transcriptions, so you have to be able to sit there and listen to a song and then write it out in parts for the band by ear.
>>
>>133901470
0/10

Anyway classical music is filled with asians, infact I think they even outnumber white people on the subject. Ofcourse asians are not a part of the oppression Olympics so they are invisible to sjws.
>>
>>133895325
I was thinking the same thing. Why is the article ignoring the fact that asians love playing classical western music. They see it as a sign of prestige. Asians children are pushed towards being classically trained on instruments. What a bunch of shit.
>>
>>133901892
I assume the "blues and jazz are more complex than classical" guy was trolling.
If he wasn't he's an idiot.

Asians, for well-known physiological reasons, excel at activities involving fast small-scale muscle control (guess what race the world Tetris champion is, folks) so they turn out a steady stream of great performers, but there's no indication they are up there on the composing front.
>>
WE WUZ MOZART N SHEEEIT
>>
File: 1482696519843.jpg (140KB, 640x538px) Image search: [Google]
1482696519843.jpg
140KB, 640x538px
>classical music

I used to try to like it, because I thought I should. But all the music sounded the same to me, and I gave up for awhile. Recently, I tried again, and I really love it. Not sure what changed. Here's a nice stream for those who are interested:

http://www.weta.org/listen-live
>>
>>133894242
bam
>>
>>133895148
Jesus, that wasn't even watchable.
>>
>>133902497

Try the free daily show "Breakfast" on BBC Radio 3, hosted (usually) by Petroc Trelawny. There's a big selection of mostly shorter classical pieces from different time periods... they do include one female and one minority composer every single day, but it's not obtrusive. You're sure to hear something you like, and if not, at least it's sort of educational.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tmr6/episodes/player
>>
File: MusicthatmakesyoudumbLarge.png (408KB, 890x1892px) Image search: [Google]
MusicthatmakesyoudumbLarge.png
408KB, 890x1892px
>>133898725

You aren't completely wrong. Most people say they listen to classical music are faking it.

You will notice that if they specify beethoven they are good. Classical and they are below average plebs.

All musicians have mediocre songs, but only classical music fans will say they are all good. They lie to themselves and others, and don't actually think about the merit of what they are hearing.
>>
File: 1246121-462701.jpg (104KB, 730x486px) Image search: [Google]
1246121-462701.jpg
104KB, 730x486px
>>133894438
Can't wait for Beethoven's 131st Quartet ft. Lil Uzi and Two Chainz
>>
>>133902751
thx
>>
File: 1497626533470.png (111KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497626533470.png
111KB, 625x626px
>>133898725
pic related
also kys
>>
>>133894438
>>133902980
Black Africans invented classical music, so this would not be surprising.
>>
>>133894242
>lack of black and ethnic people in the world of classical music

Why the fuck do these people always imply that whites are deliberately excluding minorities from listening/playing/composing classical music? Does it ever occur to them that there aren't many blacks in the field because they don't WANT to be a part of it? That they seem to enjoy rolling in their own shit hip hop and rap culture and know fuck all about classical composition?

I've only ever met one black person in my entire life that appreciates classical music, and even then he acts more white than most white people (i.e. wiggers) and despises black culture. Anyone that truly appreciates classical music is almost guaranteed to be white or asian, because at least many asian cultures understand the value of hard work.
>>
>>133903108
>Black Africans invented classical music,

Must have been while they were flying their pyramid spaceships to other planets. Those interstellar voyages can get pretty tedious without something to do
>>
I use to enjoy music a lot when I was younger, now I like it mostly as background. For some odd reason anything with singing irritates me and if I listen to long it causes an anxiety like anger in me. So classical works really well for me. I might be crazy I guess.
>>
>>133903264

Probably relevant:

"While preferring silence to music from the West, chimpanzees apparently like to listen to the different rhythms of music from Africa and India, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association."

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2014/06/chimps-music.aspx
>>
>>133900917
Consuming bad art makes you gay.
>>
>>133895328
It doesn't sound too bad but god damn the fucking nigger just screaming and jumping like a fucking retard, it just ruins the whole thing. The purpose of classical music is music so ultimately beautiful that you and 500 other people will dress in their most expensive and cultured attire, and pay lots of money to listen to a man express his soul on the piano/violin/etc, live. This shit ain't live and I would only listen to that as background on a shitty Call of Duty clone.
Example
https://youtu.be/9E6b3swbnWg
>>
They can't. That's cultural appropriation.
>>
File: 1468914048508.jpg (3MB, 2886x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1468914048508.jpg
3MB, 2886x1750px
>>133894242
We don't, classical music is White music. Asians can fuck off pretending they're cultured. They need to stop wearing our formal attire too.
>>
>>133902497
Never liked it when I was younger. Now I enjoy it quite a bit as well. I'd like to travel to west point in NY in the future on the 4th, hear it's a pretty great time.
>>
>>133900517
What is ballet? I'd never pay to see one, theyre all gay and probably filled with pedos since all the dancers are flat chested lolis
>>
>>133902497
Before you listen to classical music you should learn how to comprehend music using music theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCKZDSIHV80

Here's a good video to get you started.
>>
>>133894242
because we do not give a flying fuck about the color of your skin, only how well a cunt like you can play the fucking violin!! GET TO WORK TWUNT!.
>>
A government subsidized program that gives non-whites starter pianos: Dark Keys for Darkies.
>>
>>133894438
Aye bruh, check out muh mixture nugga, it gotz pianos n' shiet bruh, from that nigga betaben back from like Europe n shiet
https://youtu.be/dXMShnFUq_g
>>
>>133903749

I've listened to classical for 30 years and I know fuck all about music theory. It's like saying you need to understand iambic pentameter to enjoy a Shakespeare play.
>>
>>133903294
Just be happy the black man decided to create you, cracka
>>
>>133902872
It is certainly true that there are a lot of pretentious idiots who fake liking classical music because they like being thought of as that sort of person.
It might even go deeper than that. They might not actually like the music but they might like being the sort of person who likes it, so they lie to themselves.

There are a set of well-known "popular classics" that this sort of person tends to favour. Those who actually seriously like serious music call them "lollipops" because they are superficially appealing but not usually very nutritional.
The pseuds will tend to like these.
One person who really nails this is actually Charles Bukowski.
He sincerely did like serious music and he often goes off on rants against people who claim to like it.
>>
>>133894242
Asians seem to manage just fine.
>>
>>133904049

Yeah, Yusuf should have won a Nobel Prize for that one
>>
>>133895173
Lel. Even on the movie they fucked it up.
>pick dat cotton nigger
I bet he was stealing some. Totally deserved that.
>>
>>133895236
Hol up, iz u sayin de bucket fulla crabs Iz real? Nah... You must be joking bruh
>>
>>133895325
They don't make any, they just copy it
>>
>>133894438
Classical music has already been largely garbage post WWII. There hasn't been a true, great composer and decades and there probably won't be another one.
>>
>>133903294
That is my understanding, yes. Surviving oral tradition tells of great formal balls which the ancient space Negroes would hold on the anniversary of their creation of rhythm itself -- It was at one of these interstellar balls that the first classical composition was debuted.
>>
>>133895470
Fucking Russians, he hacked that painting into being white.
>>
> Making it official that mainstream trash media is the purview of women.

Oh no, nothing will stop feminism now.
>>
>>133904223
>Yusuf should have won a Nobel Prize for that one

Fuck! I meant Yakub, of course. No wonder I failed Niggerology
>>
>>133899861
Why are most classical music composers so averse to following a pattern in their music for more than 5 seconds? They constantly go off in new random directions, preventing me from enjoying their composition.

Either that or they sometimes have super obvious, in-your-face patterns, also not fun.

It's rare that they have a good mix of interesting, yet stable and methodical. I think there's only one classical composition that I like and would listen to for fun, this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVadl4ocX0M
>>
>>133903986
Knowing about rhythm in writing helps you appreciate it more, same with music. Knowing about rhythm, tempo, melody, etc. makes it easier to understand what the composer was trying to do and covey with their music. Same with films and photography. If you don't understand photographic composition and visual language, you can't appreciate films as deeply.
>>
File: truth.jpg (64KB, 335x432px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
64KB, 335x432px
>>133904368
Finally, a little truth on /pol/
>>
>>133903749
>Before you listen to classical music you should learn how to comprehend music using music theory.

lol, I wouldn't check out any video recommended to me by such a pompous ass.
>>
>>133904209
Here is an extract from a Bukowski short story called "Notes of a Potential Suicide":

there is a symphony orchestra back east, the conductor makes it by playing what i would call the Beginner's Melodies, these extracts from music are what please almost any beginner in the classical music field, but if a man has any sensibilities at all he can't listen to these pieces more than 4 or 5 times without becoming just a little bit ill, but this particular orchestra lards it on week after week, and the audience is a middle-aged audience, and where they come from and what has retarded them i have no idea, but after hearing these simplistic and basic and somewhat sugary pieces, they really believe they have heard something new and great and profound, and they leap from their seats and shout "BRAVO! BRAVO!" just like they've heard it's done, and the conductor comes out and takes bow after bow and then asks the orchestra to stand. my only thought is, does this conductor KNOW he is conning them or is he also retarded?
>>
>>133899861
So, you're telling me Celtic/medieval music is classical now?
https://youtu.be/xaRNvJLKP1E
>>
>>133904480
>Why are most classical music composers so averse to following a pattern in their music for more than 5 seconds?
t. brainlet
>>
>>133904594

Again, this is like saying that you can't enjoy driving your car as much if you don't have a detailed knowledge of auto mechanics... or as Samuel Johnson put it, you don't need to be a carpenter to be able to tell a good chair from a bad one
>>
>>133894242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlfE_IplWAU

wait 1000 years
>>
>>133896826
Did she have any aptitude or visible talent?
>>
File: connor.jpg (89KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
connor.jpg
89KB, 1200x675px
So, will this debate be settled by Conner McGregor?
>>
>>133904480

Generally in older classical music the original theme will be developed in the form of variations, or abandoned for a while and then returned to near the end of the composition, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSsMjfCRpY
>>
>>133904610
What's pompous about it? It's the best way to get into classical music. You don't need to learn music theory, just brush over it and understand things like counterpoint or harmony.

>>133904726
People who really like cars tend to learn about how the car runs, what different parts do, and how to maintain them. You can do that by reading books that explain the concepts behind the automobile and how everything works, or you can just go by trial and error. It just makes your life easier to learn a bit about your hobby so you can appreciate it better. I don't get why people think this is being up your own ass.
>>
>>133904355
>>133904355
For my money, there has only been one composer worth listening to since WWII and that's Shostakovich.
Also don't listen to most of his "public" stuff - i.e. the Symphonies. He had to write all that in an heroic, triumphant "praise be to glorious comrade Stalin" style, which he hated, so he tried to retain a little artistic integrity by making it so over the top it's satirical, but it doesn't work for me.

But his chamber music is just first-rate. It's pretty bleak in the main but he is good enough that that just doesn't matter.
>>
>>133904638
Is there any consensus what constitutes such "lollipops"? I'm guessing things like Nutcracker, Ode an die Freude and other "Greatest Hits of Classical Music", catchy bits and movements ripped from the rest of their symphonies belong there, but what else?
>>
File: socrates_black.jpg (116KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
socrates_black.jpg
116KB, 600x800px
Socrates? Black
Plato? Black
Aristotle? Black
Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Descartes, Sir Isaac Newton, Steve Jobs, Einstein? Black
>>
>>133905092
Does Shostakovich really count though? He wrote many things before WWII, but I agree. He's among the last great composers. I think Stravinsky lived died around the same time he did.
>>
>>133899839
Umm, sorry sweetie, you're wrong.
https://youtu.be/h4UqMyldS7Q
https://youtu.be/MYxAiK6VnXw
I hear this shit every week at least once.
>>
>>133897596
nitrogen is inert, it would be the same as living at a higher altitude, simply less O2 available. lets give them c02 instead.
>>
>>133904480
>Why are most classical music composers so averse to following a pattern in their music for more than 5 seconds?
This generalization doesn't hold. If you prefer regularity and patterns, immerse yourself in baroque and classical repertoire. Nice choice on the Little Fugue too. Personally I'm a fan of the Stokowski arrangement too. If you like that Bach piece, there's a world of joy awaiting for you in virtually all of his keyboard writing. Try getting to know the Well-Tempered Klavier in detail.

>>133903986
>you need to understand iambic pentameter to enjoy a Shakespeare play.
Honestly, if you understand how Shakespeare uses rhythm, you'll understand his plays better. He's playing with rhythm all the time. A couple of good examples are in Sonnet 20 (with it's feminine endings) and in the second soliloquy in Hamlet ("O what a rogue and peasant slave am I," with it's escalating rhythms). Get to know how Shakespeare varies the standard patterns of rhythm and you'll understand better how emphasis and tension are being used. It's not for to reason at all that Shakespeare writes mostly in verse.
>>
>>133905009
One thing I would definitely advise is listening with the score.
When you can see all the notes right there in front of you it helps train your ear so you can pick out all the various elements.

When you know a certain note is there it's actually much easier to hear it.
>>
>>133904655
>So, you're telling me Celtic/medieval music is classical now?
Yes, by convention. If you go to the classical music section of a record store, all the old shit is gathered together under the general label of "classical," including anything medieval, whether it's church music, secular folk music, troubadour song, or farts from a pub singalong. This is just how the conventions of music categorization work today.
>>
>>133905231
Yeah, Bukowski gives a list later on but I can't be bothered to type out more from that passage :)
It's some bits of Vivaldi, Nessun Dorma from Turandot, maybe the slow movement of Mozart's 21st piano concerto.
first movement of the moonlight sonata
The William Tell overture
etc
>>
>>133901305
>This video smells like petrol

I'm fucking dead
>>
>>133901339
its more than that even, rap and pop and rock and such all follow pretty strict formula, similar timings and styles. classical is very diverse in comparison to rap.

im very into hiphop and reall there are very few "new" artists, artists that have their own style/flow. everyone else just copies the formula and makes bank off of the trend, which hiphop and rock and pop are and classical isn't - and for good reason.
>>
>>133905009
>What's pompous about it?

I had already stated that "I really love [classical music]," but, since I am uneducated in the musical theory involved, such a state of affairs is apparently illegitimate to you. Meh.
>>
>>133894242
*lip smacking intensifies*
>>133905259
but you posted jewish music
>>
>>133905477
Wtf, I hate categorizers now.
>>
Just make it white noise. It will trigger them even more.
>>
>>133905295
Thanks for the reply I'll check it out, because I want to be proven wrong.
>>
>>133898725
>sub 100 IQ mongoloid detected
When a dog barks at you, do you bark back too?
>>
>>133905245

OK it depends what you mean by a "post WWII composer" i guess.
Shostakovich did write a lot of good stuff after WWII (all the last string quartets, 2nd violin concerto, viola sonata, violin sonata) but maybe he doesn't count.
His first really top-class piece is the piano quintet which is op.57 and was written some time in WWII I think (no google)
>>
>>133905684
I didn't say that. I said understanding music theory will help you appreciate music better, especially classical music.
>>
File: 17-626.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
17-626.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
>jews
>white

>asians
>white

It's about as non-white of an industry as there is.
>>
>>133898725
>they listen to the same handful of composers.....the same let's say 50 songs.

You have absolutely no idea.
>>
>>133905731
>>
>>133905731
https://youtu.be/s6Wh0T4iknM
>>
>>133904813
Well, not really.
>>
>>133905944
I guess I'm thinking of any composer who's main body of work lies after WWII. It's a bit of an arbitrary cutoff point, but after that everyone hopped on the serialism meme and hacks like Boulez and Stockhausen were taken seriously and became influential. It never really recovered.
>>
File: 1482384253904.jpg (41KB, 330x362px) Image search: [Google]
1482384253904.jpg
41KB, 330x362px
>>133905984
Fair enough. I took your "should" as perhaps too pushy.
>>
>>133894242
What don't these faggots understand?

Go to an Asian country if you want to see an all-Asian orchestra.

Go to an African country if you want to see... nevermind.
>>
>>133894242
>No black people want to even make classical music.
>IT'S WHITE PEOPLE'S FAULT! DEY STOPPING US DEY DRAGGING US DOWN!

The thing that makes me laugh most is they're complaining about things that black people have no interest in being included in.
If there was a black classical artist worth a damn, they would have been signed to a contract of some sorts and released the fucking music.
Do you see white people bitching about jazz? NO... WE JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO IT AND ENJOY IT, EVEN THOUGH MOST JAZZ ARTISTS ARE BLACK.

I'm so fucking sick to death of the victim complex.
>>
>>133906238
I don't think that abandoning tonality was ever going to lead anywhere.
And once you accept that, then you aren't ever going to be able to write better music than the late Beethoven Quartets (IMO).
It just seems a pity to me that people can't write more stuff in that vein.
Schoenberg sort of said the same thing ("there is a lot of good music to be written yet in C Major") but it hasn't worked out that way.
>>
File: 1495067682573-pol.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1495067682573-pol.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>133904480
Thanks anon, I enjoyed listening to that
>>
>>133905535
I had a professor who told me that he never gave "pop" pieces like this to people who were NOT super talented. He gave untalented people obscure music that nobody had ever heard of to mask their lack of talent.
>>
>>133907084
I don't mind Schoenberg. I give his string quartets a listen to every now and then and they're not bad. But yeah the whole mentality of "atonality is the music of the future" pretty much irreversibly destroyed classical music. Personally, I enjoyed the late romantic/early modern era the most which means nobody will be topping Debussy any time soon.
>>
>>133907506
Hahaha right :) If you play the Moonlight Sonata, everyone in the audience will have heard Schiff & Brendel & everyone else play it, and you are gonna get compared to them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9_weY_Hls
>>
File: 1494209981817.jpg (141KB, 960x752px) Image search: [Google]
1494209981817.jpg
141KB, 960x752px
I actually like modern classical like Glass or Messiaen. If that makes me a pleb/kike then so be it.
>>
>>133894242
Well classical music is defined by the rules you follow when you create the music. Niggers can't over come this
>>
>>133908301
I like Glass too although I think he's best as film music i.e. when there is something else of interest going on at the same time :)
>>
File: 1484795224643.jpg (72KB, 645x573px) Image search: [Google]
1484795224643.jpg
72KB, 645x573px
>>133907637
>But yeah the whole mentality of "atonality is the music of the future" pretty much irreversibly destroyed classical music
Bernstein's Harvard lecture on "whither music" convinced me of this
>>
File: edvard-hagerup-grieg-portrait.jpg (39KB, 408x536px) Image search: [Google]
edvard-hagerup-grieg-portrait.jpg
39KB, 408x536px
>>133904480
>Fag who never heard Einstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7uMLhYnqXE
>>
>>133908767
"I occasionally play works by contemporary composers and for two reasons. First to discourage the composer from writing any more and secondly to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven."
- Jascha Heifetz
>>
Mup da doo didda po mo gub dat tum muhfugen bix nood cof bin dub ho muhfugga
>>
File: 1496346167188.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496346167188.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>133898725
I have like three running playlists each one 22 hours long. Just because you have shit taste doesn't mean everyone does.
Of course I don't savour every single piece like some audiophile autists. It's just background noise while I do work and on occasion I pick up the stuff I really like.
>>
No one seems to get the joke: Classical music is the form popular between 1750 and 1820. It's done. You can't go back and diversify history.
>>
>>133894850
>>133894960
Playing classical music takes time, dedication, and discipline—things blacks are incapable of. That's why it's an art for Whites and Asians.
>>
>>133894242
>How do we diversify classical music?
Step one: Find a way to make the other races less inferior so they are CAPABLE of creating anything as majestic as the classical music whites created.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>133909143
>t. autist
>>
>>133905602
I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with you in day to day life. Your line of thinking is literally the definition of plebeian.
>>
ayo hol up, y'all need some POC be in dis orkstra ya dig?

YPIPO ain't allowed be rappin', dats culchrul appropriation fo real
>>
>>133894242
> OP implying that tongue clicks add meaningful harmony to a symphony orchestra
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (50KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
50KB, 500x711px
>>133909143
>you can't go back and diversify history
That doesn't stop them from trying
>>
how do you ruin something that was made over 200/300 years ago?

anything they make will be modern music and not classic

classic music is literaly untoucheable. unless they invent some form of time travel to fuck with it
>>
>>133909900
If you cant tell the difference then youre a racist bigot!

/s
>>
File: Japanese Negro.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Negro.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>133894242

>Classical Music
>White as ever

Are you shitting me?

There are a metric fuck ton of Asians playing classical music. The leftists just don't count them as minorities because they aren't affirmative action gibs me dats sponges.
>>
>>133910136
By putting niggers and beatboxing into "modern day reinterpretations."
>>
>>133898725
Nigger detected
>>
The other amusing thing about "classical" music (using the popular definition of classical) is that there are absolutely NO female composers.

And I mean NONE.

(OK, maybe Clara Schumann counts as about half of one but even that's a stretch).

And there aren't any decent female orchestra conductors either.

The girls can sing and they can play instruments, but that's it.

The creative bit really is dead white men. And that's all it is.

Feminists are off course a) saying this is all muh institutionalized oppression and b) desperately combing the archives in the hope of finding anyone semi-plausible to "discover", but they have got precisely nowhere.

Women can't do serious music.
>>
>>133910404
>absolutely NO female composers
I did always find this curious because there were plenty of female authors around the same time that are worth reading.
>>
>>133894242
What? Did they miss how like half the audience consuming and producing classical music are Asian?
>>
>>133910404
Whatre you talking about? Some women write the absolute BEST music there is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-SiZSlmhI&t=122s
>>
>>133910555
Sure.
Women can do novels. They can (to some extent) occasionally do poetry.

But when it comes to music, their job is to give birth to the composers.
>>
>>133910784
Yeah but I wonder why. Both are presumably mostly creative activities. Maybe women just are really bad with anything that doesn't involve words?
>>
>>133910362
irrelevant, still modern music and not classic
>>
File: 1499192332549.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499192332549.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>133894242
Affirmative action. Stop using skill as the deciding factor for a position. Force people to buy tickets to concerts and force reviews to be positive.
>>
>>133910913
It is definitely true that verbal cognition uses a very specific part of the brain and women are no worse than men at it.
I am guessing that music requires spatial aspects - it's kinda like creating a four-dimensional sculpture in some ways, where you need to have balance and proportion but in time as well as space.
>>
File: 1373852687754.gif (2MB, 322x242px) Image search: [Google]
1373852687754.gif
2MB, 322x242px
>>133894242

Typical SJW. Sage goes in options field.

Also because niggers just nig. We wuz classical kangz and sheeeit.
>>
>>133910913
Nah cause as my nigga rick james once said

Its a mans world
>>
>>133910784
>>133910404
lol

there are no note-worthy women in programming or STEM fields, or any fields related to traids, engineering, architecture, material design, etc.

look at gender demographics for job catigories
>>
>>133911334
woman have shitty spatial reasoning. they even worse depth perception than .
>>
>>133894242

Blacks and most other non-whites will never learn proper classic music; music requires a basis in mathematics and only races capable of doing math and sacred geometry can understand the natural beauty of sound. There's a reason why only Asians and white people are capable of making harmonic beauty from nothing.
>>
>>133894242
What era is this again? There are yuuge amounts of Asian kids with top-tier technical skills that blow Euros out of the water. It's just a question of time before the top orchestras have a lot of Asians.
>>
>>133914865
>It's just a question of time
They already do. Well at least in the US anyway. Asians dominate string sections and some woodwind sections. Interestingly enough, brass is mostly white.
>>
>>133900939
Best post in this thread
>>
File: Medieval_WhiteSupramacty.png (206KB, 837x801px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_WhiteSupramacty.png
206KB, 837x801px
This will never END will it? Nothing is enough for this vermin, they want complete historical erasure and revisionism.

Look at this shit, fucking MEDIEVAL studies and organization are being targeted now for being too white and too male. You can fucking make this shit up:

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Medievalists-Recoiling-From/240666
>>
>>133915016
>>133915016
there is more soul in it. asians don't have souls.
>>
>>133894242
classical music is white culture. To allow non-whites would be allowing appropriation of our culture
>>
>>
>>133896826
All the great creations of white people are a stinging reminder that blacks never advanced past the stone age. They never had kingdoms larger than a few tribes, and their greatest castles and civilizations are embarrassments in comparison to pretty much all other peoples. And to top it all off, their people were used as slaves because they were too dumb to figure out how to escape.

You'd have a little racial animus too.
>>
File: Feminist_Science.jpg (109KB, 720x510px) Image search: [Google]
Feminist_Science.jpg
109KB, 720x510px
>>
>>133915329
not only that but how diverse is any other cultural genre?
jazz, reggae, didgeridoos and shit, every ethnicity has its own music.
>>
>>133914257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2XtFZMpwm0
>>
>>133894242
We follow the Evergreen MO. That seems to work.
>>
>>133895148

>choose a song by a white rapper

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Who_Are_People_Of_Color.jpg (137KB, 770x590px) Image search: [Google]
Who_Are_People_Of_Color.jpg
137KB, 770x590px
bump
>>
>>133894242
Turns out that "Mozart makes you smarter" has a bit of science behind it. Non whites have a hard time with that. The closest thing to niggafying classical is Beethoven's Fifth Disco. Even then, its sacrilege.
>>
>>133910404
>Women can't do serious music.
This is so wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6oPghFnt0
>>
>>133918555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TVON0HwRCI
>>
>>133900367
Jews are the best composers
>>
>>133919362
lol name more than 3.
>>
Notice how only Asians and white people play classical music?

And how the Asians can only copy and not really create?

This is the difference between Asians and white people Asians are extremely intelligent but not as creative.
>>
>>133919535
Leonard Bernstein
Shoenberg
Gershwin
Mahler

I gave you 4
>>
>>133919362
A lot of good Jewish performers; not so many composers.
Who have they got?-
-> Mendelssohn (slick and precocious but always a bit superficial IMO. Of course his violin concerto is nice.)
-> Mahler (he's pretty good but so g-d JEWISH i.e. neurotic and self-pitiful.)
-> Schoenberg (not a fan, but some sensible people think he was ok. Judgement reserved)
err... struggling a bit
Gershwin? vulgar trash IMO
>>
>>133894242
What the fuck are they gonna do? Go back in time?
>>
>>133904323
>making classical music any time past the 19th century
>>
>>133919918
I think Asian culture definitely hampers creativity (a HUGE premium is placed on conformity).
Maybe that is a result of genetics.
But also if I remember correctly, while Asian mean IQ is high, the standard deviation is not so high as with whites.
So basically when it comes to the real outliers - the far-off right-hand-edge of the bell curve -whites do better. And that's where the composers come from.
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/music/tomserviceblog/2015/jun/09/beethoven-african-roots-beethoven-was-black

http://theconcordian.org/2015/02/19/beethoven-may-have-been-african-american

/pol/ will argue against this
>>
>>133922344
>not wanting more beautiful music
Kys singapoor
>>
>>133922477
Checked. Why not archive?:
>https://theguardian com/music/tomserviceblog/2015/jun/09/beethoven-african-roots-beethoven-was-black
https://archive.is/JpfwY
>>
>>133894242
the fuck are they on about?
Two of my favorite composers are a chink and a nip.
>>
>>133894242
AYO
FUCK WITEY
THEY BE KEEPIN BLACK NIGGAS OUT OF CLASSICAL MUSIC AND SHEEEIT
YALL MUHFUGGAS GON HUN DA PO DIDDI MUH GUB DO BIX NOOD
>>
>>133921579
You only gave two that anybody likes, though.

>>133918555
>>133919005
Her sister: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCSu97iazX4
>>
>>133922496
its not classical though
>>
>>133919918
>asians dont create music
wut
>>
>>133894242
I'll give a non-retarded answer to this guys retarded question.
African Americans usually tend to make music that is about the Black american experience. Blues and jazz, and when that stopped being mainstream and also didn't adapt to the new Black experience, rap and hip hop became dominant. There have been African American classical performers that blend both the African American experience and Classical music. (Julius Eastman, some Joplin) However, it seems that Blacks prefer more direct, confrontational music that more tangibly and directly articulates themes of the Black experience. European classical music tends to be rooted in telling large stories, as well as Western mythology. Why would Black people feel particularly connected to that?
As for other ethnic minorities, they usually have "classical" music traditions of there own. Chinese, Japanese and Indian all have rich musical history, as do Middle Eastern people.
Long story short, just let people do what the fuck they want and don't question this dumb shit. Music schools are literally the most liberal places on earth. If a black guy wants to write European style classical music about African myth, and he has talent, there will be a place for him. It just happens that most black youths prefer rap and hip hope, and if not that, Jazz.
>>
>>133894242uhhhhh, last I checked, classical music is a European thing. That's like complaining that there aren't enough white people playing hte tabla.

Fucking pc liberals, man.
>>
>>133894438
The good thing about classical music is that many of its patrons have perfect pitch.

The music has to actually be good.
>>
>>133923113
>European classical music tends to be rooted in telling large stories, as well as Western mythology. Why would Black people feel particularly connected to that?

das racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_JGHYEO4
>>
>>133923113
>It just happens that most black youths prefer rap and hip hope, and if not that, Jazz.
It's that most black youths simply hate "white" culture.
>>
>>133922904
theyre all very famous
>>
File: Ignea.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ignea.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>133894242
Add Metal to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KOXbzMRQHs
>>
>>133894242
Typical American reporter...

Known classical artists are (or played by)
>Asians
>Europeans
>gypsies
>South Americans
>Americans

Yeah we only lack Africans, do these people even know what they are talking about? I can see it coming... Beethoven is to hard so I fucked up the play but it's the spirit of the song that matters.
>>
>>133895148
>orchestra
>electric guitars
Fucking dropped
t. heavy metal maniac
>>
>>133894242
Too many kike and chink performers in classical music.
>>
>>133894850
Gooks actually do our culture and music justice. Niggers ruin it, like everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBenttZUT7A
>>
>>133923113
>niggers are self absorbed so they can't play classical music well
That's really all you had to say
>>
>>133894242
WE WAZ COMPOSERS AND SHEEEEIT
>>
File: WE WUZ BEETHOVEN N SHIET.jpg (15KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ BEETHOVEN N SHIET.jpg
15KB, 214x235px
>>133926678
HOL UP
SO U BE SAYIN
B'TOVYN WUZ BLACK?
>>
>>133903108
WE
>>
>>133903556
Nice.
>>
>>133898725
>songs
KYS NIGGER
>>
>>133894242
Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans are all proficient at Classical music, though. Just because niggers can't get into doesn't mean it's not diverse.
>>
>>133900917
Do you want me to tell you how I know you are a fucking redditor?
fucking showoff imbecile
>>
>>133898725
any person who is worth their weight in salt who listens to classical music is usually a person who plays an instrument or has a deep love for it, although to be fair your description is right about normie faggots who like to say they listen to classical music
>>
>>133904480
i use to find this somewhat but these days i've grown to like music that as you say goes of in other directions
>>
>>133902872
Is this list biased? Why are AFI, Bon Jovi, Tool, The doors and others so low?
>>
>>133938075
Cuz Jovi Bon is flaming faggot.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.