[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I DON'T GET IT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

The federal reserve has exhausted all means of economic intervention.

Bond market is shit.

Illinois municipals will be junk status soon and pull pensions to attempt a cover.

Tech stocks for companies that have no viable revenue stream are valued at insane p/e ratios. Even if revenue improved, no foreseeable cash flow models.

Entire industry built on people cannibalizing vehicle value for interim cash flow, mostly on debt (lyft, uber, doordash).

Auto market debt about to pop.

Student loans are starting to be wrapped into CDO like instruments.

Canada real estate in free fall.

Restaurant industry (I run a few) a ticking time bomb as our primary customer base (retired boomers) are dying or becoming immobile.

Yellen says "unlikely to see financial crisis in our lifetimes" which I can't figure out if she is delusional or sees nuculear hellfire on the horizon.

I'm in crypto with every dollar I have saved, but I want to know how are people still talking about economics as if we aren't about to see bread lines again?

The only way out I see is if Trump goes natsoc and nationalizes everything.
>>
>I'm in crypto with every dollar I have saved

You truly didn't see any more reliable diversification opportunities among regular securities?
>>
>>133884927

Securities here are propped up by money that fled fixed income.

My diversification is in a few firearms and some land.
>>
>>133884666

Spoopy digits :(
>>
>>133885857
The international market is open to you.
I still think you should diversify further.
I used to trade cryptos when it was new, but I still consider them too risky and experimental for long-term investing beyond a small portion of your portfolio. The systematic risk is too high.

Maybe you can consider some commodities? Gold and silver are due for a renaissance once the shit hits the fan. You could even disregard contracts and buy the real deal. Futures contracts for resources bound to have production difficulties (like coffee) are good. You could even consider shorting some things, and generally bet against the Fed.
>>
>>133886610

I've considered silver. Crypto is actually a decent domestic hedge.
>>
>>133884666
>if Trump goes natsoc and nationalizes everything
>implying
Going natsoc and actually killing the Jews off like what SHOULD have been done would probably work, though. But, nope. Hitler tried to negotiate with them. He should have known better; maybe he did know better, and just couldn't bring himself to do what had to be done.
>>
>>133884666

>Tech stocks for companies that have no viable revenue stream are valued at insane p/e ratios

yeah? like what? Most tech companies today have revenue streams, the dotcom bubble burst killed most the do nothing internet companies.
>>
>>133887093

Snapchat is 28x and losing hundreds of millions.
>>
>>133887093
The same bubbles tend to be re-inflated, then burst again, in a cycle. Some bubbles can be cycled more than others.
>>
>>133884666
>I DON'T GET IT
>The federal reserve has exhausted all means of economic intervention.

(((Federal Reserve))) is a fucking scam, (((Student loans))) are a scam, what don't you understand?
>>
>>133888650

I don't get how anyone on this board can think investing in the S&P is a good idea.
>>
>crypto every dollar

my god, this is the financial equivalent of ODing on junk food
>>
>>133887368

They have a business model, they get revenue from advertising. They just don't make enough to cover their very high costs.

A few bad business models in the industry hardly means a bubble. You think good amazon and apple aren't making profits?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.