[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Generation X support the Iraq war so much? I remember

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Iraq poll 2003.png (76KB, 659x813px) Image search: [Google]
Iraq poll 2003.png
76KB, 659x813px
Why did Generation X support the Iraq war so much? I remember reading polls that Gen-X in 2002/2003 supported the war more than even the Boomers. Does this prove decisively that Gen-X is, indeed, more stupider than the more anti-war Millennials?
>>
>>133883329
Because 9/11, everybody supported the war back then.
>>
>>133883329
Saddam was the great villain when they were coming of age
>>
>>133883460
Exactly this.
>>
>>133883329
because 9/11
>>
File: Gallup Iraq support.png (80KB, 605x364px) Image search: [Google]
Gallup Iraq support.png
80KB, 605x364px
>>133883421
If by "everybody" you mean high-50's/low-60% range.
>>
>>133883329
I was 5 when 9/11 happened. Then I remember being sad about Jon Kerry possibly beating George Bush, because I thought I wouldn't get to go to war.
>>
File: IMG_2709.jpg (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2709.jpg
400KB, 1920x1080px
>>133883329
It just proves Gen-X is far less pussified than millennial trash.
>>
Gen X had no internet. Not easy to stay up on world events when you had no way of really ever knowing the truth. The media apparently controlled the narrative, way more than we ever thought possible. Now its completely obvious.
>>
>>133883329

Jewish control of the media.
>>
>>133884907
>getting into a bullshit war that leads to a democrat congress, all because saddam hurt your fee fees
>>
>>133885536
Pretty much this. No one knew how deep the media was controlled
>>
>>133883329
because bushes administrator brainwashed whole mediaspectrum with Saddams biological weapons arsenal. Everyone believed and congress gave the go word. Old story, don't you know your history? And reason was oil.
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/16/iraq.theeuro

This is from 2003. Saddam Hussein dumped petro-dollar for euro-dollar, which was direct attack to U.S.A economy. Soon after iraq changed back to dollars.
>>
>>133889010
Please archive those
https://archive.is/j3y8B
>>
>>133883329
Media propaganda was in full spin then. Most Gen X were and probably still do get their news from television. Of course they supported it; it's all they knew.

I wish we would've stuck to Afghanistan and that was it. At least as far as the known "evidence" at the time it made sense to go after Osama. I still think the Saudis/Israelis have more ties than is let on by our government.

Saudis 100%.
>>
>>133889062
nordbro understands the value of that article. I am amazed that in U.S media so little, if nothing, they talk about petro-dollar.
>>
> I remember reading somewhere

Cool source, bro
>>
>>133883329
Because they're dumb suburban and rural retards.
>>
>>133883329
they simply lied in the polls
>>
>>133889279
>Most Gen X were and probably still do get their news from television
My gen X parents get their news increasingly from the Internet
>>
>>133883329
Gen X'er here from 72. I get my news from internet, AJ, and others, but I'm a bit of an exception. I was happy when the WWW came online and I discovered things like Rense. But I had been reading about the NWO and things like that since probably 1990, even before the first Gulf War I was lucky enough to know a group of red pilled people back then. That was a rare thing at one time.

My generation is pretty split down the middle. Probably at least half of them are still completely media brainwashed. The other half is eithr woke or beginning to be woke. And you know once your woke you never go back. Gen Z is pretty hopeful.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.