[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is pol pro tution?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1459929276144.jpg (27KB, 485x349px) Image search: [Google]
1459929276144.jpg
27KB, 485x349px
Why is pol against removing tutions? Theyre a horrible financial leech that preys on the young regardless of the degree. Im paying 200 a year as a tution and its a bitch for a student.

To me it seems that they could really go down in america and UK. 10 000-50000 have way too big of an margin for profit and unies seem to blow it on pools and sports
>>
Resources are not and will never be free.
>>
>>133848320
no such thing as a free ride
just cause YOU dont pay for it, doesn't mean it doesn't get paid for
much like all problems, it's best when these transactions are made as up front as possible because enough displacement creates the horrible situation we have now (debt/value of a degree diminishing)
>>
>>133848320
In the states? You're not fundamentally addressing the problems in the system, but merely passing the buck from student to tax payer.

If the government simply allowed default within 5 years all of this would sort itself out.

>Everyone who took out debt that was absurdly overpriced defaults
>Banks that give student loans are now much more restrictive
>Universities can no longer charge such high rates
>Students can now take out loans, if needed, with proof of good performance, in a solid field, or put up collateral for more reasonably priced colleges

Seriously, the amount of people who would default tomorrow if it was legal is absurd.
>>
>>133849251
Whats happens to an american after a default?
>>
>>133850509
It depends on what sort of debt, and reasoning behind it.

To do it legally will require you to make a case of support that your current debts are not realistically repayable without causing undue hardships. So, formal bankruptcy. At this point your debts will either be formally settled, restructured, or abandoned. Student debts are technically default-able, but only in extraordinary circumstances; disability, conscription, etc.

Not legally, you can simply default on your debt by letting them fall into delinquency. For most debts, the only thing you can lose in delinquency legally are things that are lent and collateral. E.g., a bank can reclaim a mortgaged house, but cannot reclaim a car that was bought in cash.. Bankruptcy and settlements often include a liquidizing of assets to make a strong case; for example, I am selling this something to put down some payment for debts. Students debts are odd in the fact that if a person falls into delinquency, the lender, if subsidized by the government, can garnish wages to repay debts; typically the cap is something like 10-15% of disposable income.
>>
>>133848320
200 a year? I'm getting 5k in grants and have to pay the remaining 7k in loans. God Europeans don't know how well they got it.
>>
>>133849251
They need to lower the amount of grants and loans the government is giving out so the price will decrease significantly. families need to be able to afford college without going into debt. I fucking hate liberals
>>
>going to college
Stupid fuck, only liberals go to college. They go there to be indoctronated by the evil DNC, filling their head with lies about how black people are equals and how non-whites deserve civil rights. I dropped out of high school and I am doing fine raising three children on minimum wage. I survive only on the things I need, and I never ask for handouts like the filthy liberals do. Now that Trump is President, he will hopefully abolish the concept of (((higher education))) so that the country will go 100% red and ban all liberal opinions. Praise Kek!
>>
>>133852329
Decent degree is always needed
>>
>>133852863
No it isn't. Imprisioned in a liberal hippie school for four years just for a piece of paper is a terrible way to live your life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.