[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immigration, it's nothing new...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Titanic-at-Southhampton-docks.jpg (178KB, 579x379px) Image search: [Google]
Titanic-at-Southhampton-docks.jpg
178KB, 579x379px
Why is /pol/ so up in arms about immigration?

The entire history of U.S., and the world for that matter, contains the story of migrant peoples seeking a better life for themselves. Hell, even Romulus and Remus were immigrants who founded a nation of exiles, thieves and other criminals.

When the Titanic left South hampton in 1912, the majority of the passengers were immigrants coming to America. The most important American icon, the Statue of Liberty, also contains a great tablet detailing the new nation's interest in accepting refugees and migrants from all corners of the world, be they sick, tired, or poor.

So why now should we stop immigration? Unless you're an indigenous people, you too, are an immigrant. So why refuse your own kind?
>>
>>133816646
I wish we went back to 1920s immigration numbers and countries of origin.
>>
You can have too much of a good thing, after a point it has diminishing returns for society.
>>
immigration has always been bad.

Like most things it should be in moderation.

The changes to America in the early 20th were because of it. The anarchists were killing politicians and throwing bombs around. They should have never been allowed in.
>>
Sure, I can see how immigration from an identical or similar ethnic group can be beneficial. Also the story of Remus and Romulus is generally accepted to be a myth.
>>
>>133816646
Must not happen faster than a nation's ability to assimilate them and its economic growth.

Right now western nations aren't even assimilating their own people.
>>
>>133816646

>Importing people who are also from Europe and Asia and have high IQs which contribute to making the country extremely prosperous

>Trying to compare it to importing low IQ people from Africa, Central America, and the Middle East who want nothing more than to turn the 1st world into the 3rd world

I dunno, maybe we are all racist or something.
>>
Romulus I could tolerate - Remus was an shitbirt riding on Romulis' coattails
>>
>>133816966
Based black guys and Muslims are just the best xD!!! We can easily assimilate vastly different ethnic groups shaped for thousands of years by vastly different environments, cultures and religions if we just show them how cool Western Culture is!
>>
File: IMG_1378.png (448KB, 473x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1378.png
448KB, 473x414px
>>133816646
>Comparing legal immigration to illegal immigration
Fuck off leftist scum
>>
File: 8c1.png (46KB, 317x293px) Image search: [Google]
8c1.png
46KB, 317x293px
>Titanic was sunk by a Iceberg
> was sunk by a Iceberg
>sunk by a Iceberg
>by a Iceberg
>a Iceberg
>Iceberg
>berg
>>
>>133816646
>immigration is nothing new
>why are you against it
>colonialism was bad
>America belongs to the native Americans
>South Africa belongs to the Zulus

Make up your fucking mind
>>
File: 1499872597255.png (2MB, 973x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499872597255.png
2MB, 973x1000px
>>133816646
>Why is /pol/ so up in arms about immigration?
Becase it is a problem if the imigration is to large. Ask your native people of the american continent.
>>
>>133817478
What the fuck is with that picture you bloody degenerate! Also, I suspect OP is bait or a shill.
>>
>>133817615
Moron. Imgine an immigratin of furries. It's an example. To make things uber clear.
>>
File: 1497788174232.jpg (77KB, 769x437px) Image search: [Google]
1497788174232.jpg
77KB, 769x437px
>>133817615
forgot pic
>>
>>133816646
becouse people is not an inmigrant known and want to keep what they got in their behalf, this is always poor people vote left becouse they want changes and right people vote conservative parties becouse they want to "conservate" what they have
>>
>>133817955
I completely missed the point! My bad friendo, just so used to furfags everywhere
>>
>>133818039
No problem.
>>
>>133816646
They were all hard working citizens back then. Most came from a low tier background with the dream of working their way up.
Today non of the immigrants are hardworking and have the dream of getting handouts for the rest of their life.
Of you didn't work in the past you would just die as a beggar in the gutter.
>>
>>133816646
Most people in their right mind aren't against immigration. But mass, illegal/unregulated immigration is a big problem.
>>
>>133818688
Acceptance of immigration is based on how far you can see into the future. As it turns out, people who love it can't see beyond a week.
>>
The US was rapidly industrializing over a massive landmass in the late 1800s, with a population of around 50,000,000 (1880 census). The US needed warm bodies in the coal mines, manning furnaces and on production lines and harvesting plants.
The whole "land of immigrants", "melting pot", "give me your tired, your weak" was the original meme. It was all a ruse, a business decision to import enough Paddy's, Blockheads, Krauts and even the godless Oriental to fill up factories. We were a growing country and needed workers badly.

Compare that situation to today. One farmer and a tractor can harvest hundreds of acres a day. What factories are left are heavily automated. To wit, we are staring down the barrel of mass automation replacing workers with no real plan.
We don't need immigrants. At all. Fine, green card Mexicans to pick cantaloupes. There is no need to encourage immigration anymore.
Bleeding hearts like OP get caught up in the romanticized notion of immigration, without considering the reality of it. New immigrants are only a burden for an already overworked system.
>>
File: asian boobs.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
asian boobs.webm
3MB, 640x640px
>>133816646
It's not all immigration, it's illegal immigration, and it's general hispanic illegal immigration because of their awful culture
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.