[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Did the Trumps Get Here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: so_fucked.jpg (201KB, 1320x742px) Image search: [Google]
so_fucked.jpg
201KB, 1320x742px
http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2017/Senate/Maps/Jul15.html#item-3

>For a presidential administration to find itself in this much hot water, this fast, is unprecedented, historically. The administration would have you believe that, for whatever reason, they have been singled out unfairly by the media and/or the opposition party. A convenient explanation, but a facile one. Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon, John F. Kennedy, and—to go really far back—Ulysses S. Grant were all absolutely loathed in some quarters, even at the beginnings of their terms. Anyone who imagines otherwise is either deluded or ill-informed.

>Let's try for a better explanation for the Trumps' woes, then. The one we'll offer up has three parts:

>They Are Dishonest: Long ago, Donald Trump Sr. learned a lesson from his father, one that he passed on to his kids: If you're wealthy, and you have good lawyers, and you're willing to screw people, the rules largely don't apply to you. The New York Times describes it as a "culture of dishonesty," and it's a necessary prerequisite for getting mired in these kinds of scandals. It is inconceivable that, to take two recent examples, Gerald Ford or Jimmy Carter could have found themselves ensnared by something like Russiagate. Both were mediocre presidents (or worse), but they were also both honest men.

>They Are Amateurs: While being dishonest is likely a necessary prerequisite if an administration if going to be deeply enmeshed in scandals just six months in, it's probably not sufficient. After all, there have been other Pinocchios of various sorts in the White House—Clinton and Nixon, of course, but also Warren Harding, and Chester Arthur, and even Andrew Jackson if we want to go really far back. The difference is that the other men had political experience, as well as a willingness to listen to advice from seasoned pros. The Trumps have no experience and, until very recently, no willingness to listen to experts.

1/3
>>
File: I-I_ca-can_explain_myself!.jpg (158KB, 969x557px) Image search: [Google]
I-I_ca-can_explain_myself!.jpg
158KB, 969x557px
>The meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya is illustrative in this way. Trump Jr. has explained that he was just doing normal "oppo research." And he may even be telling the truth about his mindset. But the pros know what actual oppo research looks like. As Tracy Sefl explains, it's a painstaking, exhausting process, not unlike sifting through all the leads the police get when a high-profile crime is committed. Usually, there's a little gold there, and a lot of dross. Most importantly, the pros know that there are lines you don't cross. After all, Watergate was nothing more than an oppo research mission, but one that obviously went well beyond what was appropriate or legal. If Trump Jr. had any idea how the process actually works, and what the lines are, we might hope he would have turned down the Veselnitskaya meeting. At very least, however, he would have known how very much he was pushing his luck, and would have avoided inviting everyone and their brother as witnesses, and leaving an e-mail trail that could somehow find its way into the media's hands. That may be the main difference between Nixon and the Trumps; Tricky Dick knew the rules, and so was pretty good at covering his tracks when he broke the law.

2/3
>>
File: the_end.jpg (134KB, 736x967px) Image search: [Google]
the_end.jpg
134KB, 736x967px
>They Didn't Think They Would Win: And finally, as a reader helpfully points out, a lot of the Trumps' behavior during the campaign can be explained by the simple fact that they did not expect to win. The reader brings up a salient comparison: The play and the movie "The Producers." For those not familiar with the plot, a pair of shady fellows produce a Broadway play, and sell well more than 100% of the profit participation. As long as they can guarantee a bomb, there will be no profits, and their ruse will not be discovered. But instead of a bomb, the play (a Nazi musical called "Springtime for Hitler") becomes a surprise kitsch hit. When the investors show up demanding their money, the fraud is revealed, and the perpetrators end up in the slammer. It's reasonable enough to view the Trump campaign as a version of this. Either they didn't think they would win under any circumstances, which would mean that nobody would care about their bad behavior, or they thought that a win was such a longshot that "desperate times call for desperate measures." Either scenario would lead to sloppiness that would not be characteristic of most presidential campaigns.

>So, there's the theory. Could be all of the above, or some, or none, but to us these ideas would seem to go as far as any toward explaining how a presidential administration could get into this much trouble this fast.

3/3
>>
>>133813841
I remember a news story during Bush II times. About how Republicans never fucking apologise. Wholly drunk on a government fed by elephant turds and don't give a damn about much else
>>
>>133813898
Stopped reading hear. Anyone who thinks Trump would run without expecting to win, is soft in the head. There would be no gain for running. Except winning. I can only assume the rest is retarded drivel. Eat shit and die OP.
>>
You guys aren't done yet huh? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>133813841
Learn how to meme arrows newfag
>>
>>133814463
>hear

>>133814506
>if I ignore it, it will go away

>>133814563
Sperg.
>>
>>133814903
>heh heh you made a typo buddy tough luck
>>
>They Are Dishonest.
Maybe, although not in any realistically meaningful way. Not meaningful to those who support him, anyway. That being said, who should we be comparing him to? Hillary? Democrats? The opposing political environment? the Media? Also, nothing was even cited as an example of the original claim.

>They Are Amateurs.
This was a well established fact among his supporters long before the election.

>They Didn't Think They Would Win.
wat
>>
>>133813841
they found themselves in hot water so quickly because the globalist/clinton cabal are sore fucking losers
>>
>>133815083

That's not a typo, you ignoramus.
>>
nothingburger
>>
>>133815203
Exactly. He's not in hot water with the people who voted for him, and those are the only people who fucking matter.
>>
>>133813841
Tripfag, NOBODY who voted for him sees anything except the sophistry of a corrupt establishment who can't accept defeat.
>>
>>133814463
>There would be no gain for running
Except drawing more attention to himself and added narcissistic fuel to his petty ego. Which is exactly how this man has operated for decades. The cheap prick barely even contributed to his campaign.
>>
0 substance, but much style you have to admit it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.