[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that Separation of Church and State is the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: absolutely tyrannical small.gif (4MB, 390x270px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely tyrannical small.gif
4MB, 390x270px
Friendly reminder that Separation of Church and State is the White Man's institution.
>>
The church should be a separate, but powerful cultural entity.
>>
yeah but that was done in order to protect the church from outside influence
>>
>>133812646

I agree, but for the sake of keeping the separate churches from tearing each other's heads off over theological differences, the state should remain impartial and grant or deny special treatment to no one.
>>
>>133812436

Reminder that separation of church and state was something your government invented in the early 20th century to suppress the Catholic church's political influence in your country
>>
File: 1495655445939.png (16KB, 997x694px) Image search: [Google]
1495655445939.png
16KB, 997x694px
>>133812646
>>
>>133812436
it was probably just cause they didn't want war between the billion different protestant sects, and less about some ideology.
>>
>>133814284
>20th century

https://www.usconstitution.net/jeffwall.html
>>
>>133814284
>invented in the early 20th century to suppress the Catholic church's political influence in your country

It was literally coined by Thomas Jefferson himself you dipshit.
>>
>>133814851

>Jefferson's Wall of Separation Letter
>Letter

So are Jefferson's letters to his wife also official US government policy?

>>133815130

Obviously Jefferson believed in such a thing (being a Freemason and all) but it was never (and still isn't) US government policy.
>>
>>133814373
>/pol/ is one person
>>
>>133814284
You want the current Pope to have influence in our countries?
>>
>>133815784

That's not what religion in government means. It means that you have either local clergy involved in government or that the government openly adheres to certain religious principles.
>>
File: loin or steak rib or chop.jpg (95KB, 1901x815px) Image search: [Google]
loin or steak rib or chop.jpg
95KB, 1901x815px
>>133815784

This

"Votes, you say? They vote how the archbishop tells them, and who tells the archbishop? Their king in the pointy hat what sits on his throne in Rome."
>>
I may not be a religionist but I think the church should be a powerful independent entity to make sure the masses don't become degenerate
>>
>>133812436

They meant it as keeping the government out of churches, not keeping religion out of government. You can't take the bible out of a man's heart.
>>
>>133812436
There is no separation of church and state.
>>
File: 4th Alabama.jpg (1MB, 3992x2594px) Image search: [Google]
4th Alabama.jpg
1MB, 3992x2594px
>>133816322
>You can't take the bible out of a man's heart.

Fair enough, but the problem is that no one seems to agree who's God is the right and when they're all competing for influence (and control) in government, it turns ugly.
>>
>>133813591

No retard. It was to prevent the wars of religion that affected Europe for 300 years. Retard Christcuck niggers.
>>
File: american revolution.jpg (458KB, 700x1122px) Image search: [Google]
american revolution.jpg
458KB, 700x1122px
>>133817502

This
>>
Where anywhere does in our constitution or laws does it say seperation of church and state? That shit was taken from the communist constitution of the USSR you dumb fucking brainwashed commie faggot.
>>
>>133820496

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

TL;DR read Jefferson's letters you dumbass.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.