[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mongol Empire

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Mongol empire.jpg (458KB, 2237x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Mongol empire.jpg
458KB, 2237x1400px
Why didn't mongols take over sweden or Finland? Why did they stop? Did someone beat them or something?
>>
aren't the finnish part mongrel or something?

people here joke that they look more like asians than europeans
>>
>>133808720
joke is the right word here. No one with brain things they are.
>>
>>133808588
There was nothing of value there
>>
>>133808588
Conquest is far easier than ruling. They were very bad rulers, but great at conquest.
>>
>>133808861
Forest,lakes etc were not valuable?
>>
>>133808861
minerals, oil, fresh water... I think mongols just didn't dare to attack the nordic counties
>>
>>133808588
Finns were feared by Vikings at that time. NO doubt Mongols wanted nothing to do with them.
>>
>>133808861
it was considered more rich than east eurpean
>>
>>133808588
By the time they could reach Hungary/Eastern Europe the mongals wee stretched too thin.

If Temujin didn't die, you would be seeing a lot more Asian features in the fins/Russians
>>
>>133808588
Their Khan died so they had to elect a new one and they ended up separating the empire.
>>
>>133808588
>why not invade derpaderp?
hard to fight in swampy forest on horseback
>>
>>133810795
why didn't they invade to southern europe then?
>>
>>133810795
This.
Eliminates the advantages of full horseback combat.

They were able to easily take over Persia due to many things, but the terrain lended itself to horseback riders
>>
File: 1498100153691.jpg (75KB, 475x706px) Image search: [Google]
1498100153691.jpg
75KB, 475x706px
>>133808588
a number of factors, From poor administrators, The khan died, the armies were stretched to thin because they had to hold the territory, and I think the plagues hurt their economy as well(?). also, I've read some things that said western europe had a fair amount of warning that massive invasions were coming, so a charlemagne-esq united Europe was a possibility, and that would be the most formidable threat the mongols had faced, or would face honestly.
>>
>>133808785
haha yeah,,, totally
>>
the great khan died and infighting ensued, thats the reason they never made it really into europe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.