[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion vs Cryonics

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: cryonics.jpg (115KB, 743x496px) Image search: [Google]
cryonics.jpg
115KB, 743x496px
Why do billions of people follow organized religion with the hopes of obtaining immortality, despite it having almost zero chance of working, yet so few people are signed up for cryonics, despite it having a far higher chance of working?
>>
>>133795234
Heaven is white peoples?
Freezing ya shit to wake up in a muzzie filled future isn't fun
>>
Do you really think people in the future will actually give a shit about people in shitty little cryo chambers?
>>
>>133795234
Isn't Walt Disney trying to wait out the Jews?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAcIzPmOhBQ
>>
Maybe because when your unfrozen you wont have friends, family. And the world could be a shit hole
>>
>>133797238
No, but it's a lot less unlikely than a magical "eternal soul"

Would you rather play Russian roulette with all six chambers loaded, or with one empty?
>>
>>133797238
Point is that it has a far higher chance of working than religion. Also they would have a vested interest in reviving the cryopreserved, since if they didn't, people in the future would be less likely to to the same for them.
>>
Neither will work. Both are fantasies adhered to by people who are terrified of their own mortality.
>>
>>133797512
Then get your friends and family to sign up. I'm a schizoid anyways, so have little need for friends and family. In the future, they might also be able to modify your neurochemistry to eliminate the suffering caused by your loneliness.
>>
>>133797241
https://www.benbest.com/cryonics/CryoFAQ.html#_IXK_
>>
>>133795234
Cryonics is a scam. The freezing process bursts nearly all of the cells in your body, turning you into mush. There is literally chance of revival; the cryonics firms know this and continue to rake in the shekels while gullible atheists feel like they have an "afterlife".
>>
>>133797894
Neither are guaranteed to work, but cryonics has a far higher chance of working.
>>
>>133798152
>what is vitrification

http://www.alcor.org/sciencefaq.htm
http://www.cryonics.org/about-us/faqs/
https://www.benbest.com/cryonics/CryoFAQ.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tcfWnZgCo
>>
>>133795234
Better question. Why do millions of atheists follow organized religion with the intention of shitting all over the religious?
I don't know why you fags are so obsessed with what other people want to believe. Atheism is a religion in itself.
But, on the topic of being cryogenically frozen, which seems like a more involved process to you?
>be religious
>take just a few hours out of your week to pray and visit your place of worship
>all for the potential of going to heaven
Or...
>be atheist
>life holds little meaning to you
>despite that, you fear the day you'll die and fade into irrelevancy
>decide to cryogenically freeze yourself despite having many years ahead of you
>trust that you'll safely emerge hundreds of years later
>humans of le current year wonder why taxpayer dollars are being wasted on some fat, 20-something NEET from 2017
>decide to pull the plug
>>
>>133798697
>trust that you'll safely emerge hundreds of years later
>humans of le current year wonder why taxpayer dollars are being wasted on some fat, 20-something NEET from 2017
>decide to pull the plug
You have scope insensitivity. Even though there's a chance your body will be abandoned, there is also a chance that it won't and you will be revived, which has a potentially infinite amount of expected utility. It is a far more productive use of money than spending it on big houses and fast cars.
>>
>>133799600
Sorry, but I'd rather spend my life raising a nice, white family than throwing my life away on ice, just for a small chance of being revived however many years later.
>>
>>133798180
No they have exactally the same probability of working . Zero.

Cryogenics is actually more retarded. At least religionfags rely on mythical (And hence impossible to absolutely disprove) reasons for their beliefs. Cryofags are right there with scientoligists and gender -deniers. New ages bullshit for retarded blue pilled ultrafags
>>
>>133795234
>practically fermenting the brain to keep it from getting damaged by ice crystals
>still damaging the brain anyway
>(((higher))) chance of (((working)))

I hope cryonics advances in the next 50 years so I can actually justify using it; much rather be dead forever than be revived as a literal retard, or even worse, THINK my brain was simply brought back to optimal condition, where in reality it was also reconstructed to hardwire-accept Jewish tricks.
>>
File: 1498751562956.jpg (62KB, 309x305px) Image search: [Google]
1498751562956.jpg
62KB, 309x305px
>>133797512

What if I have no friends to begin with?
>>
>>133800028
>No they have exactally the same probability of working . Zero.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromwell%27s_rule
https://www.cryonicscalculator.com/

>At least religionfags rely on mythical (And hence impossible to absolutely disprove) reasons for their beliefs.
And cryonicists rely on scientific reasons.
>>
>>133799927
>implying you can't do both
>>
>>133797241
Sad his company was taken over by Kikes
>>
>>133797512
>you wont have friends, family
And that is bad thing?
>>
>>133800548
It'd be an absolute nigger-tier move to have kids and then abandon them in favor of cryonics. They'd end up being absolute degenerates if they were raised by a single mother.
>>
>>133800446
Go away Eliezer
>>
>>133800923
>implying you have to abandon them in order to sign up for cryonics
>>
>>133800247
>practically fermenting the brain to keep it from getting damaged by ice crystals
The structure of the brain cells is still intact though. The idea is that nanotechnology will eventually be able to repair the limited damage that may exist. Scientists also managed to vitrify a rabbit kidney and reanimate it with full function.

>I hope cryonics advances in the next 50 years so I can actually justify using it
Which it undoubtedly will, short of some sort of apocalypse or civilizational collapse.
>>
>>133797241
Honestly I would do the same in his position. Then again Walt Disney could save us from current disney. That man has enough power to start a civil war.
>>
>>133799927
Legally, you cant be frozen until you're declared dead, so you'd still be able to raise your nice family and die, but now with the added bonus of potentially waking up in the future to see your great-great-grandkids.
>>
File: 5159627_orig.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5159627_orig.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>>133795234
Increase your odds even more...
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>133802159
Being religious doesn't particularly raise your odds of experiencing a positive afterlife. There could just as easily be a god that wants to stay hidden, and rewards atheists with a positive afterlife. There's also a possibility that you choose the wrong religion, and every week you make the real god madder and madder.
>>
>>133797048
If/when space colonization occurs, there will probably be few/no Muslims on space colonies. There was a fatwa issued banning Muslims from living in space.
>>
>>133802720
>shit normie tier homer meme
>nothing intellectual to say
I guess that in this moment you are euphoric.
>>
>>133803979
>nothing intellectual to say
Statistical analysis isn't intellectual in your opinion?
>>
Even if they figured out how to freeze an thaw them without cell damage, wouldn't the cessation of brain synapses make them a vegetable when they wake up? Or at least have total amnesia?

If you can't remember anything about who you were is there really even any point in freezing yourself?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.