[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After the Fukushima incident, a group of Japanese elderly (60+)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: japanese elder.jpg (192KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
japanese elder.jpg
192KB, 1100x619px
After the Fukushima incident, a group of Japanese elderly (60+) volunteered to help clean up the contaminated areas with the idea that they will be near the end of their lives when the illnesses caused by radiation exposure occur.

Could anything like this happen in America? Has individualism gone too far?
>>
>>133736805
No because who wants to help niggers when they wont help themselves?
>>
>>133736805
No, we aren't ethnically homogenous, their is no solidarity in a low trust diverse society.
>>
>>133737489
Let me switch up the question then. Could this happen in more homogeneous parts of Europe?

Would they abandon the European invention of individualism and sacrifice their lives?
>>
>>133737927
Well over here people would only be willing to do it if the price was right, for me that figure would be in at least a couple hundred million pounds, although I'm pretty young (22) and earning over £80k a year. So the fuck up of society would just under bid me, and only get a couple grand for the years of future suffering.
>>
>>133738651
That seems more like retards addicted to instant gratification than sacrificing yourself for the betterment of the new generations.

I still hold to my belief that individualism has gone too far.
>>
>>133736805

>...that they will be near the end of their lives when the illnesses caused by radiation exposure occur.

The assumption that the place is some kind of death zone that will doom you to a painful and slow death as soon as you step foot in it is idiotic.

Also decontamination work is mainly done by contruction workers and i'm not sure if construction companies hire men in their 60s.
>>
>>133739452
>The assumption that the place is some kind of death zone that will doom you to a painful and slow death as soon as you step foot in it is idiotic.

What are you talking about? The effects of radiation exposure shows itself after years, that's why the elderly VOLUNTEERED.

What? Do you think radiation causing cancer is a conspiracy created by (((them))) or something?
>>
>>133739303
I haven't thought of something like this before, so excuse me if this answer is stupid.

I feel that this sort of collectivism and concern for others works out in Japan because things seem to work out there socially. Almost all of them hold a single culture, a single language, and a single history which allows them to be able to have a better connection with others because they're all so similar and can relate to them more.

The problem in America I feel is that there is a lack of commonality between people here and thus the individual wouldn't be willing to help people out because they're not very similar at all. I'll be honest, if a catastrophe broke out somewhat near where I live and it only affected Antifa supporters... I probably wouldn't do much -if anything- to help.

My main point here is that it isn't individualism that is the problem, but rather that the individual in Japan has an easier time helping out those who are like them vs the American individual who can believe a multitude of things and can have extremely variable political beliefs.

I'm bad at writing.
>>
>>133736805
I don't think it's a ethnic thing necessarily. I think it boils down to much more of a cultural thing. Even if we had no niggers, I don't think such could happen because of individualism. The Japanese have built a very close knit society and I think western ideals have fallen away from that
>>
>>133740190
Yeah, I agree with what you are saying.

The base of the problem is that America is way too diverse for this sort of culture to exist. People in America rarely identify themselves as 'American' anymore. It's always what mix they are or what their country of origin is.

But then again, I ask this question: Will homogeneous parts of Europe act the same when faced with similar tragedies?
>>
File: graph-radiation-risk-atomic.gif (25KB, 504x365px) Image search: [Google]
graph-radiation-risk-atomic.gif
25KB, 504x365px
>>133739899

>Do you think radiation causing cancer is a conspiracy created by (((them))) or something?

Radiation does cause cancer but the doses required to measurably increase the risk of getting cancer are quite large.
You'd have to spend years living in the evacuation zone to be exposed to enough radiation for it to cause an increased risk.
>>
>>133740749
Even if you showed Americans this, you will not find a person willing to go and voluntarily clean up these areas.

It's really about the mindset than the science of the risk.
>>
>>133740749
To add to that, look at what happened when hurricane katrina hit.

There was no fear of radiation there, but people refused to volunteer to clean up the damage. Not only that, the niggers destroyed and looted what was left.

Comparing that to Japan where most of these areas that were affected were left untouched and unlooted. The cleanup was done efficiently and reconstruction was done fast.
>>
File: mumbai beach.jpg (92KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
mumbai beach.jpg
92KB, 780x438px
>>133740708
Call it speculation, because it kinda is, but if a homogeneous part of Europe was hit by something like this, I feel there would be support to stop it.

I don't have any hard evidence for disasters in Europe being supported by homogeneous locals who care very much for there people, but I know of a situation in India where the local population decided to clear all the waste from their beach for the sake of making a better place for the locals.

So if India can clear their beach for the sake of making a better spot for their residents, why not well-off and proud homogeneous Europeans do such a thing for a tragedy?

Again, it's just speculation. The assistance that came of the Fukushima incident was very much likely due to their culture that encourages doing acts of justice and honor for their people.
>>
>>133741646
Sorry, it was actually Vervosa beach.
Also, link to story.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/asia/mumbai-beach-dramatic-makeover/index.html
>>
>>133741852
I ran it through archive
https://archive.is/uHFof
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.