[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three Dead in Fire at Honolulu High-Rise

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>At least three people are dead after a large fire broke out at a Honolulu high-rise condominium building on Friday, sending flames and smoke billowing out from the tower’s upper floors and causing people to flee to safety.

>Three people have been confirmed dead, officials said, and ten people were treated by paramedics, five of whom were taken to a local hospital. The fire at the Marco Polo condominium building, which does not have sprinklers, broke out at around 2:15 p.m. local time (8:15 p.m. ET) and fire crews fought it for hours before the blaze was declared under control shortly before 7 p.m., officials said.

>"Our hearts go out to the families of the folks that lost their lives, and the folks that lost their possessions in their apartments," Honolulu Fire Department Fire Chief Manuel P. Neves told reporters Friday evening.

>"We're going to go room by room, go back though and do a secondary search to make sure we haven't missed anybody," he said.

>The fire started on the 26th floor, Honolulu Fire Capt. David Jenkins said. The 36-story building has 568 residential units, NBC affiliate KHNL reported.

>The fire spread from the 26th floor to the 27th and 28th floors, Neves said. "We put crews on the 29th floor and we were able to stop it there," he said. No firefighters were injured, he said.

>Mitch Silva, who lives on the 29th floor, told KHNL that the floor was filled with smoke. "I started smelling smoke and this woman was screaming help," Silva told the station. Even though the fire was on the other side, he said "the entire floor was engulfed in smoke."

>Troy Yasuda, who lives in a building across the street, told The Associated Press he was giving water to people who evacuated. "They were choking from the smoke," he said, adding that people told him they evacuated through dark stairwells.

https://archive.is/5dt8p
>>
>>133704930
Meanwhile, earlier today in Honolulu

>Grandparents, other extended relatives exempt from Trump travel ban, federal judge rules

>Grandparents and other extended relatives are exempt from President Trump’s travel ban, a federal judge in Hawaii declared late Thursday, again stopping the administration from implementing the president’s controversial executive order in the way that it wants

https://archive.is/A4ePE
>>
Was Judge Watson in there I hope?
>>
Only 3 dead? Wow. It's amazing what a difference having sprinklers and fire exits makes.
>>
Did the building pankcake on itself? Or any other buildings in the area pankcake on themselves?
>>
>>133704930
This is not a thread relevant to this board, mate
>>
>>133705744
Yes it is GOD is punishing Hawaii for trying to strike down the travel ban okay AMEN
>>
>>133705744
What's with this sudden uptick in arm chair "moderator" faggots around here?
>>
>>133705645
You have no idea. Even if the sprinklers don't put out the fire, they can usually keep it contained to the area of origin and make it easier for fire crews to extinguish.
Even in a regular house they are a great investment and I get amazed every time I see a new house going up and they don't install them.
>>
>>133705645
>>133706038
The building was was built in 1971 or so, prior to Hawaii's safety bill, I think I heard there weren't sprinklers.
>>
>>133705744
Fuck off, fag.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.