[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay rights and my story

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Going to start this by saying trigger warning for homophobic language and ideas. This is based on my experiences and the things I have heard. Read with discretion. {note - this got taken down from r/lgbt and I don't know why. I think it may be because I didn't trigger warning things properly so Please know there is EXTREME homophobic language in here. There is also internalized homophobia. Be warned and DO NOT READ if those things trigger you.}

Below is what I posted and got banned and was told to come here:

Throwaway because some friends know my reddit and I haven’t come out.

So a little background on myself. I’m from a pretty small town in Alabama and I was raised in a secular household. My mom and dad were Christians if you consider celebrating Christmas and Easter enough to make you Christian. In other words, we celebrated the holidays but their world views (and mine) were not shaped by Christianity. I came out to them in 7th grade and they both cried. Not because they were ashamed of me or angry but because they knew what I’d have to deal with. I have a sister and brother but I didn’t tell them and I didn’t tell anybody besides my parents at that point.

My sister I told in 8th grade and she laughed and pretty much said “I didn’t know you were a faggot why don’t you dress better?” I was pretty happy she took it so well. I told her not to tell my brother because he was the one in the family I was afraid of. My brother is not some stereotypical Southerner, in fact he hates the South, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t homophobic. My brother, in my opinion, has hate for many and love for a few. He’s seven years older than me. He considers the redneck lifestyle “Degenerate” but he also has an immense hatred for the elitist “American Urbaners.”

Part one
>>
>>133679283
He also told me [paraphrasing] “America is mostly a country of contradictions. I’m told I should be proud of this place but I continue to wonder why. Am I proud in the rural people being shunned? Am I proud of this shunning producing not a revolt against the elitist, but instead a degenerate backwards culture? Am I proud of open faggotry? Am I proud of our culture being consumerism? How about taking out sovereign leaders of foreign countries? I can’t imagine a return to tradition here.” He is currently working towards getting citizenship in Germany. He hates the German leaders for “Ruining Europe forever - but I love them for being so foolish and igniting the European spirit. We can send them off with the invaders when all is said and done.” In other words, he wants to go to Europe because he feels they have been culturally colonized by the USA and they are being physically colonized by refugees and immigrants and he wants to throw of those two forms of “oppression.” In other words, a pretty bad dude.

In case you didn’t notice he said “Am I proud of open faggotry?” [although I paraphrased most of his stuff that was an exact sentence I remember because it stung so much]. He hated gays - and he’s not some born again Christian. He considers their lifestyle to be harmful and he would always rattle of hate statistics. Because I was so diametrically opposed to my brother’s views of hatred I always allowed his stats to go in one ear and out the other. Anyway, now you know my background so I’ll go into why I’m posting here. I started to be more open to speaking about gay issues without coming out. People in Alabama just see me as a “Libtard” and I took some abuse but not nearly as much as if I was gay. And I was shocked by something when I started doing this. I think only about 30% of the people here hate gays because “the bible said so.” Most of them sounded like my brother and started rattling off hate stats.

Part two
>>
File: IMG_2319.jpg (35KB, 940x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2319.jpg
35KB, 940x540px
Reminder to only use the new and true gay flag or else you're racist
>>
>>133679283
Basically stuff about how gays have so many sex partners, have sex with strangers, have tons of STIs, etc. At first I fought back with “that’s not true.” But I was forced to find ammo for my arguments and then the sad thing happened. I couldn’t. Some polls put it as low as 5% of gay couples having sexual fidelity. Others say maybe 15%. Gays are ridiculously more likely to have HIV and Hepatitis B etc. I’m sure most of you have heard the facts and if you want you can easily find them. But I was at a loss because I didn’t know how to fight back against these stats. So I started defending it by saying gays have a different lifestyle but that doesn’t make us any worse or any less worthy of equality. The response was always “Really? If gays are that much more likely to die of a disease maybe their promiscuity is just unnatural. And if it’s so unnatural why should we support it?” Basically, their argument was because gays were so much more likely to get STIs and Ds it proves it’s unnatural. My argument to that was the lawmakers and the general public were homophobic and if gays had more power we’d have already invested in cures for these diseases and it would benefit both straights and gays. But they kept shooting that down (usually with laughs) by saying “No normal person wants to waste money on that! Most people don’t fuck 100s of people without a condom. If you choose to do that then you get what you get.”

Part 3
>>
I’m so confused now. I can’t help but be gay and I know that. But I keep feeling like there’s something wrong with the community. There’s about one gay bar in a 50 mile radius of where I live. I go there to be with men who can share my experiences. I’ve been with many people there. I’ve engaged in “promiscuity” and don’t have a disease [but I am one of the few barebackers which I have to say has hurt my ability to get with many men. Most men I’m with begrudgingly put on a condom. Some even walk out on me upset at my request.] Nobody I talk to can see eye to eye with me on this. Wouldn’t it help our community to not give them ammo. I’m so confused. Please help me. What do I say to homophobes when I argue with them. I’ve stopped arguing because I can’t win the arguments and it hurts so much to lose them. Anybody had similar experiences of doubt? I’m probably going to go monogamous and really stick to it. I want to be a good example and not give them reasons to say, “See! Gays just aren’t like us.”

Part 4 of 4
>>
Nigger
>>
File: IMG_3793.png (675KB, 609x835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3793.png
675KB, 609x835px
>>133679283
Go suck an anus, faggot.
>>
>>133679283
Too many threads about dick on here and how we hate cheap vaginas
>>
>>133679283
RuPaul is getting too swole for this shit imo
>>
>>133679399
Truvada. Fuck off you kike
>>
>>133679435

You bareback?!

Fuck you. I hope you get an STD/I that destroys you.
>>
Nobody wants to listen to your faggot bullshit.
>>
>>133680054
>Truvada

The maker of Truvada is planning on selling a generic version of it. I don't even know what the fuck that means but if every under 32 faggot took a daily dose then HIV (and apparently Hep B too) would be pretty well gone in a generation.
>>
>>133679361
>hate stats
>>
>>133680145
NOTE: I MEANT TO SAY ONE OF THE FEW WHO DOES NOT BAREBACK
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.