[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In rebuke to Trump, federal judge in Hawaii expands travel ban

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: judge.derrick.watson.jpg (286KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
judge.derrick.watson.jpg
286KB, 600x600px
http://archive.is/BLjbG

n his order, U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson said the government’s actions in implementing the limits on travel for refugees and residents of six Muslim-majority countries represented “the antithesis of common sense.”... The judge also said that refugees who have “formal assurance” from U.S. resettlement agencies for relocation to the country — even if the refugees do not have relatives in the U.S. — cannot be prevented from entering.
>>
>>133604191
Activist judge on the worst federal circuit.
Split the 9th.
>>
>>133604191
Technically he's right about the close relatives, the refugees being allowed is more of a gray area technicality because the NGO's are considered a relationship. I don't see how Trump will have this overturned before the SCOTUS finishes its ruling this fall, he lost this fight and its obvious since his DOJ hasn't bothered to appeal.
>>
>>133604191
I'm glad i'm moving out of this shit hole. Hawaii is going downhill, everyone needs to abandon ship asap
>>
>>133604411
>even if the refugees do not have relatives in the U.S. — cannot be prevented from entering
Overstepping SCOTUS
>>
>>133604826
Nah because they're arguing that the relationship is with the organizations that are partnered with the US government to vet and care for the refugees. If he were to rule that ALL refugees including those not affiliated with official organizations were allowed in -- then --
he would be clearly overstepping scotus.
>>
>>133604528
Fucking libshit retirees and morons run the polls in Hawaii.

At least the right wing out here did their job in the republican primaries to MAGA.
>>
>>133604966
You live in Hawaii too? I'm moving to Washington in like 2 months. Had enough of it here....
>>
>>133605349
> moving from one libshit state to another to escape libshits

Good luck with that.
>>
>>133605477
I work on Merchant/Shipping ships man, I don't have any other choice, it was either Seattle or San Fran. :l
>>
>>133605697
If those were my choices I'd probably just stay in Hawaii
>>
TFW you hate being full blood hawaiian and having 1 chink eyed dipshit speak for you.
>>
What was it that Obama said?

Law of the land? It would do some leftists good to follow their own messiah's words and take the loss.
>>
This is the same exact judge whose March ruling was smacked down by the Supreme Court recently.

Why should anyone believe this will hold up on appeal? He's proven himself already to make rulings that don't stand up to further scrutiny.
>>
>>133606452
SCOTUS ruling isn't final, its a stay. So it's not the same as when Obama defended Obamacare by declaring it the "law of the land" after winning in the SCOTUS.
>>
>>133606698
>smacked down
It wasn't, the SCOTUS hasn't even formed a decision. It was a stay until the fall session.
>>
>>133604191

#Hawaii4NIGGERS
>>
>>133604826
He isnt arguing with the SCOTUS. Hes arguing that the parameters set by the DOJ overstep the ruling the SCOTUS gave. That being grandparents are not close family members.
>>
>>133606836

Bullshit, they voted 9-0 unanimously to hear the Trump administration's appeal.

Do you know how few appeals the Supreme Court agrees to hear? That alone shows the ruling is very suspect. They also lifted his injunction for the most part.

I'd also bet money that this guy's initial ruling in March does get overturned by the Supreme Court too.
>>
>>133607398
whats funny is that out of all the bullshit rulings to come out of the 9th circuit this one is probably the closest to being a legitimate ruling

>>133607552
>they voted 9-0 unanimously to hear the Trump administration's appeal
Just because the SCOTUS rules unanimously to hear the appeal it doesn't mean they automatically side with the administration. Until a final ruling is given there simply is no decision as much as you want there to be. Hence saying "it was smacked down" is false.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.