[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your view on private military companies?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Blackwater.jpg (70KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
Blackwater.jpg
70KB, 650x366px
What's your view on private military companies?
>>
Isn't this what makes ancaps wet?
>>
They're a bunch of Chads with big balls running around to make their balls swing so they can show you.
>>
>>133574317
Ancaps are quite fond of PMCs from what I understand
>>
>>133574260
LARPer faggots who kill sand people for shekels.
>>
File: 1498175961573.jpg (27KB, 463x318px) Image search: [Google]
1498175961573.jpg
27KB, 463x318px
Big Boss did nothing wrong.
>>
>>133574260
Impossible to regulate, and hence prevent war crimes.
>>
>>133574747
I disagree. The international community can treat them like any country when dealing with war crime. If the PMC falls out of favor with a country they could be treated like a rogue state or unrecognized state.
>>
File: brick wall.jpg (41KB, 422x317px) Image search: [Google]
brick wall.jpg
41KB, 422x317px
>>133574260
War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefiled control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control...All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield...controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control...War becomes routine
>>
>>133574611
>LARP
>kill shitskins for money
pick one
>>
>>133575371
>War has changed.
War never changes
>>
>>133574260
The PMC is as old as war itself. Standing armies are like all public utilities and infrastructure: Everyone agrees it is necessary but nobody wants to pay for it. You see that in Europe. Most of the NATO block subcontracts their services out to PMC or Govt. Service vendors who have largely replaced backbone and rear-line services with commercial solutions.
As economic growth stalls out countries will need to print more money to pay off their debts. The blowback of this policy is their FX purchasing power declines and maintaining armies becomes prohibitive. This leads to army decline and combat effectiveness collapses. To prevent a scandal or revolt in the ranks historically governments have cut to a token proxy and went full privatization. This trend will likely continue unless something compels NATO countries to return to cold-war levels of MAD.
>>
>>133574260
PMC are as corrupt as you can get. Rape, murder, robbery, nothing is off limits for them.
>>
>>133575110
I don't know. I just see how much shit pharma companies and the like get away with, it doesn't fill me with confidence the idea of something like that with who's job it is to kill people.

For-profit sucks. The idea being that if it makes you an extra buck, you do it. Regardless of who it hurts. Which is why companies fight so hard to repeal common sense regulation like 'don't make people Opium addicts' or 'don't poison the drinking water'.

So on top of that regulating a PMC seems to defeat the point to me.
>>
>>133574410
>bunch of Chads
ughhh have you seen OPs pic they are a bunch of supreme gentlemen
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.