[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Janet Yellen says the opioid abuse problem is economic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: kek.jpg (48KB, 950x962px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
48KB, 950x962px
Glad to know this degeneracy epidemic has no other cause.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40603281
>>
Pretty sure it has more to do with doctors prescribing known addictive substances at every corner for every possible reason. Not "degeneracy" or "economics" as some simple-minded people would have you believe.
>>
>>133552678
Pretty sure it's got more to do with rural and suburban retards getting endless gibs from the ultra high IQ city people and resorting to doing drugs because they're living life on ez mode.
>>
>>133552678
Wtf is drumpf doing?
>>
It's definitely economic for the CIA!
>>
>>133552678
Eh, not really. It's more about the fact that the US government bombed the ever-living fuck out of the Taliban, who had outright banned the growth of Poppy. Now ISIS is letting it flood to the West.

Thanks a lot, Barack "122k Bombs in 8 Years" Obama.
>>
>>133554569
Pretending the balloons are boobs, duh
>>
>>133554789
That's not forcing people to use that shit, just shitty, weak people
>>
>>133555049
>put a mountain of cheap, readily available drugs in front of someone
Plus
>>133552931
Then throw in a nice serving of the natural instinct to seek out what cures whatever ails you

And BOOM!
>>
>>133555778
>cheap.
I don't give a fuck if they're free, you have to be a special kind of retarded to just try some shit like that
>>
>>133556018
>In severe pain
>Take painkiller perscribed by professional who is supposed to act in your best interest
>Engage in habituated usage to deal with symptoms
>End up addicted because the substance has said properties
>>
>>133556483
Alright that path is a little easier to understand, but I dont understand how the fuck herion is a problem
>>
>>133554569
hes transpresident you shitlord
>>
>>133556795
I kekd
>>
>>133556483
it doesn't just happen to people.
some people, being informed about the addictive nature of such drugs, choose to endure the pain because they don't want to take the risk of becoming something they know should be exterminated.

Going around assuming people are acting in your best interest because they are "supposed to" is fucking beta cuck behavior.
>>
>>133552678
Well she's not entirely wrong. Drug use is linked to unemployment
>>
>>133556705
up to 2010 the pills were cheap, under pressure big phara made them more expensive, and the dealers saw their chatch and floded market with cheap harion which people used to replace the pills.
little more background the timed release stuff was soppsed to be hard to get addicted to, but people found out you could crush it to get a real high, they replaced it round the same time 2010 with a new timeed released pill harder to crush .
we actully have mob people on record saying they flooded the market in places like WEstVirgina when the pill prices went up because of that
>>
>>133557282
>do cell phones cause cancer, or does cancer cause cell phones
>>
>>133557105
oh come off it, it's not weird to take pain pills after a surgery. and it is the doctors job to know the risks not the patient.
>>
>>133557719
nigga, you some kinda special ed
>>
>>133557502
That's interesting, have material to read on that?
>>
>>133556705
You stop being able to afford prescription opiates.
>>
>>133558339
I thought
1. Herion was expensive
2. Everything is free in leaf land
>>
>>133553577
You spelled niggers wrong.
>>
>>133552678
Thx for the rare donald. Collected.
>>
>>133552678
It is, but it has to due with the cancer that is modern society. People are miserable and turning to drugs, and economics is only part of that.
>>
>>133558839
Depends how much you do. Some people get high for 20 bucks a day or less, some people spends hundreds.
>>
Makes sense. I know when I'm broke i have money for Vicodin.
>>
>>133552931
In California it's illegal for doctors to NOT peddle pain meds
>>
>>133552678
There is a case to be made that opioid abuse is at least partly caused by economic status, both prescription and non-prescription abuse is at the highest among the poorest people. Of course there are other factors such as family history which can come in to play too.

Interestingly alcohol is unusual in that levels of alcohol use rise with economic status

>>133553577
You are a retard
>>
>>133563090
Yeah totally not shooped
>>
>>133554789
Afghan opium doesn't go to the US. It goes to europe and russia, mostly.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.