[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I would like a FABULOUS wedding cake for John and me!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: binational gay men.jpg (2MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
binational gay men.jpg
2MB, 1698x1131px
Isn't forcing religious people to do something against their religion un-constitutional?

Why exactly is it illegal to say no to a gay couple if it's against your religion in your OWN bakery?
>>
>>133530386
Christians are somehow magically incapable of bullying gays?

He is simply being forced to do his job equally for all customers. He wouldn't refuse to make a cake for an interracial wedding because the bible frowns on such marriages, would he? Colorado law bans discrimination by virtue of sexuality and this is clearly it. If he wants to discriminate against gays he must restructure his business to not be open to the public.

Imagine being in a small town with only one store of a certain type and they say they refuse to serve gays. We had it out with ALL these issues in the 1950s and 1960s regarding race and bigots lost every time. Why do you expect this will be different? If there are laws prohibiting discrimination, you must follow them. Religion is not an excuse for specific harm.
>>
>>133530386
You have some very important issues in USA.
It's like your people can't behave on a daily basis without laws regulating every fucking things.
>>
>>133530386

I don't make cakes, faggot, because I'm not a woman. Go find a bakery or some shit.
>>
>>133530563

And yet Sand People owned bakeries get away with it all the time because "Muh Quran"
>>
Because kikes hate whites and hate Christianity so they'll skewer a Christian bakery whilr ignoring the fact that no Muslim bakery would ever entertain the motion
>>
>>133530731
Next thread:
>Which toilet should I use to make my poo-poo
>>
>>133530563
>We would like to get married in your church
>"no"

Why is this allowed then?
>>
>>133530945
Churches are not public accommodations and therefore do not have to follow anti-discrimination laws. Businesses that are secular in purpose and open to the public, like a bakery, do.

He knew what those laws were running a business that is open to the public and chose to flout them. He is not above the law due to religion. Laws may not preferentially favor one religion.
>>
>>133530386
Civil rights made it illegal for anyone providing a good or service to the general public to discriminate based on: age, religion, race, gender.
That being said no company is required to provide a public service, they just make more money by doing so.
If you want to discriminate against people all you have to do is make your company a private "club" which only offers services to members.
Then you can make the requirements for membership whatever you want them to be.
If you try you will probably go bankrupt though by restrictions your customer base.
The model really only works for places like social clubs where the higher prices are worth it to members who want to avoid undesirables
>>
>>133531351
>he is not above the law due to religion
>implying muzzies wouldn't be able to refuse your service due to their religious beliefs
You faggots are only attacking Christians for this; you don't give a shit if muzzies, kikes or even hindus refuse your service. Enjoy dying from AIDS faggot, here's to hoping that a """cure""" is never found for your terminal illness
>>
>>133531351
This guy gets it, I hate degenerates as much as the next guy, but according to the law as it is written the baker does not have the right to refuse to bake a cake for fags
>>
>faggot
>coal burner
>bald
holy shit this guy is like the epitome of cuck
>>
>>133531652
See >>133531622
Fags are only attacking Christians over this
>>
>>133530386
No self-respecting gay person should give their business to haters. Problem solved.
>>
>>133531351
>Churches are not public accommodations
Bullshit. Churches charge for service and should follow the same rules as a private business when offering goods or services.

The thing is, any business should be allowed to refuse service to anyone.
>>
File: gaycake.jpg (172KB, 1024x1257px) Image search: [Google]
gaycake.jpg
172KB, 1024x1257px
>>133531905
Thats literally just your opinion bro.
>>
>>133531990
I like how you're not even trying to disprove any of my points. You know damn good and well that I'm right and if any faggot tried to get a muzzie to bake a cake for them and the muzzie refused, you wouldn't attack them for it because you wouldn't wanted to be called intolerant, but if a Christian refuses to make you a cake, it's open season on them. You faggots are a cancer cell that needs to be removed
>>
>>133532300
Because the law differs from your opinion.

The law would be equally enforced upon Muslim and Christian bakers. As I said earlier, laws in the U.S. are not allowed to preferentially favor one religion over another. Gays just have not brought a public complaint against a Muslim bakery yet to my knowledge. If you had a case where gays filed a complaint against a Muslim bakery, and the local EEOC ruled in favor of the Muslims, you would have a point. As it stands you are not dealing in reality, only hypotheticals.
>>
>>133532540
>the law would be equally enforced upon Muslim and Christian bakers
No it wouldn't. You faggots would just be called Islamophobes by leftists for not taking their religious beliefs into account
>>
>>133532840
Well then you need actual cases where gays have been denied service by Muslims and filed a complaint.

Laws are about actual, not theoretical, harms.
>>
>>133530563
>He is simply being forced to do his job equally for all customers.
Self employed means your job is whatever you say it is.
>>
>>133533336
That's not what the law says. Businesses open to the public must serve the general public.
>>
>>133533505
Also, poastin bigots getting btfo:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/denvers-azucar-bakery-wins-right-to-refuse-to-make-anti-gay-cake

The dispute began March 13, 2014 when Jack went to the bakery at 1886 S. Broadway and requested two cakes shaped like bibles. He asked that one cake have the image of two groomsmen holding hands in front of a cross with a red "X" over them. He asked that the cake be decorated with the biblical verses, "God hates sin. Psalm 45:7" and "Homosexuality is a detestable sin. Leviticus 18:22", according to the Civil Rights Divisions' decision.

On the second bible-shaped cake, Jack also requested the image of the two groomsmen with the red "X". He wanted it decorated with the words "God loves sinners" and "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Romans 5:8."

He told the civil rights agency he ordered the cakes with the imagery and biblical verses to convey that same-sex marriage is, in his words, "un-biblical and inappropriate."

Marjorie Silva, the owner of the bakery, told Jack that she would make him the bible-shaped cakes, but would not decorate them with the biblical verses and the image of the groomsmen that he requested. Instead, she offered to provide him with icing and a pastry bag so he could write or draw whatever messages he wished on the cakes.

Silva told the civil rights agency that she also told Jack her bakery "does not discriminate" and "accept[s] all humans."
>>
>>133530563
Muslim here. My bakery doesn't serve gays and no one ever bothered to contest it. Christians let themselves become soft targets. Islam is strong and we look out for our own.
>>
>>133533623
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/05/31/farmer-sues-east-lansing-alleged-violation-religious-freedoms/358030001/

The tiff between Tennes and the city revolves around Tennes’ decision to refer same-sex couples looking for a wedding venue to neighboring farms.

Tennes announced in August he would not schedule any more wedding ceremonies at the orchard because of push-back that followed a social media post where he explained his refusal to host same-sex ceremonies.

After the August post, East Lansing urged Tennes not to attend the next farmers market for fear of protests, according to the lawsuit. Tennes continued to sell at the market, and no disruptions ensued.

In December, Tennes announced via Facebook that he would resume scheduling weddings at the orchard, while reserving the right to deny a request that would violate his Catholic beliefs.

“It remains our deeply held religious belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman and Country Mill has the First Amendment Right to express and act upon its beliefs," the post said.

Tennes said he employs and serves members of the LGBT community and would continue to do so at the farmers market.

But when Tennes applied to be part of the 2017 farmers market, he said he was denied and his December social media post was referenced as an example of his violation of city ordinance.
>>
>>133530386
bump
>>
>>133530731
>It's like your people can't behave on a daily basis without laws regulating every fucking things
You literally have the same laws.
On 7 March 2013, Mathias Reynard, member of the Social Democratic Party, introduced a bill to outlaw all "discrimination and incitement of hatred", on the basis of "race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation". On 11 March 2015, the National Council approved the bill. It was passed 103–73
>>
File: swissrollrainbow.jpg (42KB, 720x413px) Image search: [Google]
swissrollrainbow.jpg
42KB, 720x413px
>>133534934
Delicious!
>>
>>133534934
Does every country in Europe have such laws?
>>
Sorry, I would, but I don't serve blacks.
>>
>>133535732
More or less if you want the full breakdown its a bit of a read.
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/discrimination/files/comparative_analysis_nd__2015.pdf
>>
>>133530386
bump
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.