[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't employers want to pay a fair wage?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: living wage.jpg (128KB, 645x657px) Image search: [Google]
living wage.jpg
128KB, 645x657px
Why don't employers want to pay a fair wage?
What happened to honest day's pay for an honest day's work?
Why don't employers value workers any more?
Why don't they want to pay a living wage?
Why must every thing be about ever increasing profits and stock prices?
Why is it always the employees' necks and their benefits on the chopping block when earnings projections are missed?
Why do the shareholders come first and not the well-being of the employees?
Why is everyone against workers unionizing?
Why are they always trying to outsource jobs with total disregard for the negative impact it'll have on workers?
Who is going to buy their products when everyone's salary is so low, they only have enough to pay for the essential necessities of life?

When did everything become such a big "race to the bottom"?
>>
File: 1499904098004.jpg (46KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499904098004.jpg
46KB, 900x300px
too many people who will do your job for less than what you will and employers know this all too well
>>
skilled labor tends to pay more than unskilled labor
people who complain about low wages tend to be people who work unskilled labor jobs, like store clerks and fry cooks
learn a skill kids
whining isn't going to get you anywhere in life
>>
>>133525662
because your dumb ass isn't worth a "fair" wage
>>
>>133525662
stop working for giant fucking multinational retail stores like ops pic
holy fuck how dense are people theses days. places like that can afford to pay garbage tier wages and get away with it because of how big there margins and and the fact that retail can flood its pool with un trained retards willing to work min wage (usually women) but if you want to get paid a "fair" wage have a fucking useful set of skills and find a small business where you become an invaluable part of operations or go corporate.

but bitching cause you work at lowes?
fuck off retailtards
>>
>>133525662
Because boomer owners are milking their companies for all their worth before retirement. There is a massive trend as boomer management retire 5 years out they stop increasing wages of staff and start giving themselves massive bonuses.
>>
Move to a country that values unskilled labour.

>t. Working in a warehouse making 220NOK per hour
>>
>>133525662
>paying people more than what the work they are doing is worth
That faggot should get a better job then.
>>
>>133525662
because of the eternal Jew, duh.

median wage went up every year for 200 years, then Nixon closed the gold window and eliminated the only way for workers to ensure their wages are really rising. A year-end 3% raise in Jew-bucks is worth negative 5% in gold.
>>
>>133525662
>Why don't employers want to pay a fair wage?

I do. My 6-person business pays about 50% over the average wage in my area.

>What happened to honest day's pay for an honest day's work?

You know the pay before you take the job, so don't take what's beneath you. But also, don't bitch if you're overvaluing yourself and can't find work. Goes both ways.

>Why don't employers value workers any more?

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you need to be told how special you are every day at work because mommy used to do this for you to make you happy?

>Why don't they want to pay a living wage?

Many of us do. But, some positions aren't worth much, and businesses are often taxed to hell, so some of us WOULD do more if we didn't get ass-raped tax-wise to pay for useless shit elsewhere.

>Why must every thing be about ever increasing profits and stock prices?

You're talking companies that went public, there are a million who aren't, dummy.

>Why is it always the employees' necks and their benefits on the chopping block when earnings projections are missed?

Because, OP, the higher-ups are more valuable than you are. Nothing will change that. You are not their equal. You did not take any risk, you took a job.

>Why do the shareholders come first and not the well-being of the employees?

This is more retarded commie ranting again.

>Why is everyone against workers unionizing?

If my workers unionized and demanded more tomorrow, I'd have to close up shop since I've already gone far and above for them and am operation on break-even margins. Unions are cancer.

>Why are they always trying to outsource jobs with total disregard for the negative impact it'll have on workers?

itt: more commie ranting equating every business to things like the auto industry's shit
>>
File: 1499550986321.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1499550986321.gif
2MB, 270x188px
500 every 2 weeks? That seems pretty damn low. My job between semesters I used to get 500 every week (now 400 since I can't work 50 hours a week anymore) I wouldn't consider what I do skilled.
>>
>>133525662
Too many people in the world. Labor value is thus depressed. You think $15 / hr for minimum wage is a good idea? It's been killing Seattle.

At the bottom of the world is NATURE, and it wants to eat you, me, and everyone. You have to act in alignment with it, accept it as a fact, or it'll eat you and your enterprises even faster.
>>
>>133525662
Honest answer

Because of massive amounts of inflation the money they are making is increasingly growing however they are getting less for it every year due to the absurd inflation rate since the late 80's

As such to increase profits they need to lower benefits as people are not magically getting more money aside from the extremely poor and the super rich which contributes to the inflation

In the end the middle and lower class are the only ones who are hurt by it and the middle class continues to be decimated
>>
>>133525662
We live in a capitalist society that compensates based on contribution, not "need" (the voluntary decision to have kids you can't support). If you want to receive according to your "need," go to Soviet - oh wait.

Kill yourself, commie.
>>
>>133525662

>not getting a job on the outside that deals with what you did while in
>not getting a job in the military that equates to a high paying real world job
>not getting all your certifications, training, and education using tuition assistance while you are still in the military
>not using your GI Bill to earn BAH while getting your certifications, training, and education after getting out

What the fuck is this guy doing?
>>
>>133525662
One answer is all you need, because women (to be liberated) entered the work force. Thus we so absolutely no wage growth adjusted for inflation since the 70's (actually wage deflation). If women would stay home employers would have to pay a living wage again or have no employees
>>
>>133525662
There's no such thing as a fair wage. Everyone wants more, everyone who pays wants to give less, the market determines the value based on supply and demand and a few other factors
>>
>>133528598
A more competitive wage (even so much as a dollar extra compared to another company in the local area) can give an edge or at least fewer headaches. If a company pays a dollar above minimum for a typically minimum wage job, it will attract more people to put in applications. The employer can also benefit from this because the little extra pay puts a bit of pressure on the employee to NOT spontaneously quit in the middle of a shift like a little bitch because they know that everyone else in the local area will pay him less for the same work that comes with the same headaches. Paying people more is kind of a pain, but having to scramble to find some new Joe Shmoe who quits in the middle of a work week and fucks up the shift scheduling is an even larger pain in the ass.

Give them a treat and a pat on the head. Spoil them a little, but keep a firm grip on the leash.
>>
File: completelystraight.png (791KB, 971x785px) Image search: [Google]
completelystraight.png
791KB, 971x785px
>>133525662
Compensation is determined by the market value of the job being performed. Some jobs simply aren't worth much. It's supply and demand for the education-training, skills, and experienced required to do the job.
>>
Any price the market offers is, by definition, fair.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.