[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kowloon Walled City

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: KWC_-_1989_Aerial.jpg (614KB, 1942x1466px) Image search: [Google]
KWC_-_1989_Aerial.jpg
614KB, 1942x1466px
Was Kowloon Walled City the kind of utopia that ancaps envision?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

>controlled by local triads and had high rates of prostitution, gambling and drug abuse.

>the Walled City had a population density of approximately 1,255,000 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,250,000/sq mi) in 1987

>Here, prostitutes installed themselves on one side of the street while a priest preached and handed out powdered milk to the poor on the other; social workers gave guidance while drug addicts squatted under the stairs getting high; what were children's games centres by day became strip-show venues by night. It was a very complex place, difficult to generalise about, a place that seemed frightening but where most people continued to lead normal lives. A place just like the rest of Hong Kong.
>>
>roads
Nope
>>
>>133502680
Yup, seems so.
>>
>>133502680
Does anyone else find it /comfy/ in a sort of weird way or is it just me?
>>
>highest population density ever
No, this is the kind of utopia that (((they))) envision
>>
>>133502680
I wonder how bad the murder/assault/robbery rates were. I feel like they would be through the roof in a place like that. I wonder how poor the health quality was as well.
>>
>>133503477
Comfy indeed. A place where everyone is right on top of eachother, but keeps to themselves? Need that shit rn desu.

I would love to smoke crack under the stairs at 9 In the morning while watching fags leave for their day job. Then id prob go get raped or something idk what chinks do In these cities
>>
>>133502680
This is actually an example of how only an ancap society can become this complex and actually work. Something like the Walled City could have never been managed or controlled.
>>
File: shenmue 2.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
shenmue 2.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
How about a game of Lucky Hit?
>>
>>133504028
It was low on violent crime during it's entire existence.

Most crime was drugs, prostitution, gambling, and other illicit activities banned by the government
>>
>>133502680

consider that there are residents within that block who were born there and have never left
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.