[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this treated used as a meme for essentially no reason,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Nordic Romania.png (8KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nordic Romania.png
8KB, 800x500px
I know this treated used as a meme for essentially no reason, but has anyone ever given some actual thought to the Nordic connection of Romania?

There's literally no recorded Roman history related to the geographic region of Dacia except for two things:
1. Trajan upfucked it and annexed it into the Roman Empire
2. It was the shortest-lasting Roman province, lasting less than two centuries

Case in point is 2. Why did it last for such a short time? And the answer is G O T H I C pressure.

Yes, the Scandinavia Goths settled Romania. It is THE most ancient Gothic settlement, before they began founding kingdoms across Europe, and probably the most massive one too.

That settlement is so ancient, that it had actually happened before there even were Visigoths and Ostrogoths. Romanians are a mix of Geto-Dacians, and the ORIGINAL GOTHS.

Next time you make fun of Romania, remember that they carry the legacy of Goths in their backs. They are the Norsemen of Haemus.
>>
>>133485723
Top fucking kek. This mith was propagated by Iordanres un his book Getica, but it's bullshit.

However, Alaric was born in todays Romania.
>>
>>133486142
It's not really bullshit. The Goths started out from western Black Sea. They did descent from Scandinavia, but they were chimping Germanic barbarians at that point. Their actual expansion into the several Gothic kingdoms started from Dacia. I think Visigoths just left earlier, and Ostrogoths combined forces with the Huns or something.
>>
File: 1488294813576.png (1014KB, 1600x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1488294813576.png
1014KB, 1600x1313px
>>133485723
There actaully is a connection but it happened way before.
>>
>>133487799
This map doesn't prove a point, really. My point is that Romania is the homeland of Goths upon being civilized and before they started their kingdoms, which is true. The fact that Goths weren't that many to begin with is also true, but if there's one population group that can be considered descendant to Goths, it's the Romanians.
>>
File: Gothic_Kingdoms.png (78KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
Gothic_Kingdoms.png
78KB, 608x342px
>>133488488
Oh, I had in mind the "nordic connection of Romania" you mentioned so thought I1/I2 haplogroups.
Otherwise there is still a problem with your hypothesis. Romanian language is like 70% latin with no nordic influence. So if there was any kind of interaction between goths and dacians it had no impact what so ever on the language. Doubtful.
That said I don't know much on gothic language.
>>
>>133489924
There's not much Dacian influence in the Romanian language either. Goths were Romanized alongside Dacians, and then passed through a Slav filter as well. In that regard, lost Germanic influence is not really surprising.

By the way, don't forget that the last-remaining Gothic-speaking Goths were in Crimea. More or less the same population too. Those Goths were considered non-influential due to the fact that they are they ancestral population of the Visigoth and Ostrogoth kingdoms. They didn't build strong political alliances in Romania and Ukraine, but the core population was by and large there.
>>
>>133490505
Every time there is a romanian thred I always bump into this. Were the dacians latin before the roman conquest or were they latinised?

There are traces of proto-romanian (istro, magleno and a romanian) not far from where the latin language originated somewhere in the balkans (can't find source for this at he moment).

Plus only half of dacians were conquered and for a short period of time. So my guess is that dacian language was already related to latin so it had an indirect influence on modern language.
Sry for late response, I'm looking this shit up. Interesting stuff
>>
>>133492490
Dacians weren't Latin, and their language wasn't close to Latin. They spoke a satem language, ie. a language of the Balto-Slavo-Indo-Aryan group. Latin is centum, ie. part of the Greco-Italo-Celto-Germanic group.

The idea that a population was romanized to this extent so fast isn't very surprising. The entire Mediterranean was Romanized to some extent, even modern-day Arabic/Berber countries. Just look at France, the core of the much more populous Celtic culture. Their language was gone very fast. In fact, a good part of Haemus was Romanized until the arrival of the Slavs. The "Vlach" population in Greece, Albania, FYROM and Bulgaria represent remnants of Romanized Thracians, Illyrians and northern Greeks that didn't come to be Slavicized for one reason or another.
>>
>>133485723
Now i may not be a history major but im pretty sure goths were slavs
>>
>>133485723

I fart in the faces of the gypsy scum that sits outside our shops. Fucking ice yourself, scum.
>>
>>133485723
It's so cute when Romanians cherry pick who they are mixed with. The goths roamed the land at one point over 15 hundred years ago for a few decades, so Romania MUST be germanic. Yet what about the Pecheneg, Bulgar, and Cuman turks who settled Romania proper for far longer, and way more recently?
>>
>>133485723
Has anyone ever considered the Indian gypsy connection to romania?
>>
>>133494310
I you are that brave ,why don't you beat them so thet won't return to your neighborhood?
>>
>>133493928
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_peoples#Origins

No they weren't latin buy their language had the same origins as latin did. And they setteled earlier than the german and balto slavic tribes (these kept migrating to the north and north-west) so their language was less likely to evolve.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.