[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you get for being an atheist and being correct?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 51

File: pascalwager.jpg (68KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
pascalwager.jpg
68KB, 400x261px
What do you get for being an atheist and being correct?
>>
>I'm religious purely as a hedge against potential interventions of deities

Yeah if I was a God you'd be going straight to my Hell analogy regardless
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (14KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
not being a literal cuckold weak degenerate religious shill?
>>
Not living life with dysfunctional thought processes filling your psyche up with ridiculous anxieties and delusions.
>>
>>133485443
I had a friend in high school who shared this logic. It was weird. Dude was über smart and he was like a devout catholic but he didn't believe in God, he just did it all because on the off chance there was a God it was better to be religious than an atheist.
>>
>>133485443
> Live your life according to fear of the unknown

Whew lad
>>
>>133485443
>dont believe in god
>just think in your head "hey god, i believe in you lil nigga, dont send me to hell my dude"
>it works and when i die go directly to heaven
god is such a dumb nigger lol
>>
It really pisses me off when people misinterpret Pascal's wager like this.

The original argument wasn't some cheapass shit, it was the guy saying that a person who exhibits virtues of kindness and charity and so on will go to heaven even if he's not Christian, because God isn't an asshole.
>>
if you agree that you can't be sure about god, how can you be so sure what he'd want? What if you worship god, and in the end it turns out, sort of as a funny prank, he sends all the people who worshipped him to hell and all the atheists go to heaven?
>>
>>133486022
that is not true. Pascal's wager is accurately represented
>>
>>133485944
topkek
>>133486022
definitely this
>>
because most people have been consumed by sexual immorality
>>
>>133485799
Never understood how people thought they could mislead God. I'm pretty sure he would know what you actually think since he's God and all.
>>
People forget that belief is just that. You have to actually believe it. I find myself struggling to hold on to my belief in god, but I'm not going to go around the internet shoving it in everyone's face like some do.
>>
>>133486022

This. The wager is based on a perfectly all loving god .
>>
>>133485443
Pacman's Wager posits that if you wait until all the ghosts are following you before you eat the pellet you get 1600 points, but you also run the risk of getting ghosted yourself
>>
>>133485443

They're screwed.
>>
>>133485799
>>133486279

'Hear then the parable of the sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path.' Matthew 13:18
>>
>>133486455

>loving
>good

By your limited human understanding of the words.

Read Job.
>>
No one goes to heaven. I bet you've sinned at least 10 times since you woke up today. Have you repented?
>>
>>133485443

WISDOM STARTS WITH THE FEAR OF GOD
>>
>>133486159
What about John 9:41?
>>
>>133485730
Nietzche didn't celebrate the Death of God. It was something he was woeful of.
>>
>>133486767
I just stole chocolate milk from work. I'm suppose to pour it out because it expires tomorrow but instead I'm going to drink it. I'm sorry, God.
>>
>>133486741
I read job and in the end he came out better then he did this is the ultimate good
>>
>>133485443
Hell doesn't exist as it's a tool designed by organized religion to keep the general populace towing the proverbial party line (unless they want to burn in hell forever)
>>
>>133486887
are you retarded or just illitterate? Nietzche PRAISED the death of god in both "Twilight of the Idols" and "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".
he litterally developed the ubermensch theory basing on the death of god
>>
>>133485443
Eternal joy, of course.

You can Pascal's Wager ANYTHING.

PW is useless without an addendum that Christianity actually has a significant chance of being true.
>>
>>133487154

This. I have literally thrown PW back at people after repositioning the argument around cryonics. Fucks the whole thing up and illuminates how outdated the wager is.
>>
>>133485758
The Mormon column would actually send "bad deeds rewarded" to the lowest heaven, the telestial kingdom. Only Mormons who have apostasized end up in outer darkness, the Mormon hell.
>>
>>133486969
I don't think you have to follow any organized religion to be a christian
>towing the proverbial party line
as opposed to what?
freely lying, cheating and being actively malicious against other people?
>>
>>133485443
If a religion is all about getting to some heaven or avoiding some kind of divine punishment to you, you're a drone; a peasant; a slave.

If you're an atheist because divinity seems illogical an weird, you're at the level of a clever tween boy.

Religiousness and spirituality has very little to do with the paranormal in the real world.
It's about strengthening social norms, forming a common mindset across an entire civilization in order to promote unity among members and echoing the primordial concepts and social roles that our very instincts as social animals tell us to adhere to.

Religion isn't about what happens after you die.
Nobody really cares what happens in death while they're alive since they're not dead yet, and when they are, their brains stop working, so they can't care.

Religion is like that instruction manual you get for assembling furniture, except it tells you how to assemble a society.

Heaven and hell are right here on earth, as states of being, and the things we do send us into those states.

When people lose sight of what religion really is about, you get retarded shit like Islam, satanism or OP.
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>133487412

You don't. Only the sects themselves claim you do, despite how asinine this claim is.

>multiple sects rep the same early Christian writers and saints
>somehow know they belonged to that sect despite those fucking sects not existing at the time these people lived
>>
>>133485443
This same 'argument' can be applied to the thousands of other religions you don't believe in, yet this fact does not bother you at all.
>>
>>133487768
not if you just use your magic want and say "all religions worship the same god they just got the details slightly wrong so as long as you believe in anything then it counts". ive heard that shit before and its maddening how they could just use circular logic freely.
>>
>>133485730

>Religious
>Degenerate

Atheist and Secular people are the main cause of degeneracy in the entire world.

>>133486969
>Muh religion is used by oppressors meme

Yet all religions for some reason demand that a ruler is but a mere human-being like those he rules,demands that he/she rules his/her people fairly and also requires people to always value God above all else.

>>133487534
Islam is the only religion which is followed correctly,incase you didn't know.

I guess that's why people hate it in the first place,because it doesn't pander to dipshit,hedonistic cunts.
>>
>>133485683
fpbp

just be yourself op
>>
>>133488147
>Atheist and Secular people are the main cause of degeneracy in the entire world
exhample
>>
>>133485758
REKT
>>
i dont know why pascals wager is mentioned anywhere

god knows how you calculate
and you are an opportunist and not a believer for doing so hence no heaven anyway
>>
>>133485758
>buddhism applying reincarnation to everything except buddhism

whoever bothered to make this had some serious 'tism
>>
>>133488147
>Islam is the only religion which is followed correctly,incase you didn't know.

How on God's green fucking earth do you come to that conclusion when its original lessons, the ones meant to be followed, have been twisted and perverted by its corrupt priests for so many fucking centuries?

Yeah, okay, the original lessons it taught were half decent. Anything they added after that is what turned it into the shit show we see today.

When your religion promotes killing females, attacking other tribes and bowing your head and submitting like a slave, is it really worth following in the first place?

A good faith insures that the members of your family, then your town, then your faith, then your nation, then the rest all get to have good, productive lives and that get to grow and ask themselves questions about the world, so that they can discover and grow.
A good faith promotes a strong sense of individualism and personal strength while forming deep and meaningful bonds with others.
A faith encourages a man to do the things he was fucking meant to do, to be a human being and do good in the world, not stone people to death and close your mind of to the rest of the world.

In that respect, it's garbage.
>>
>>133486887
>>133487146
The Death of God (=nihilism) is a challenge & an opportunity. Yes it means maximum degeneracy but also free space for something new to form.

Most importantly, the DoG is for Nietzsche the ultimate consequence of the slave revolt in morality, i.e. Judaic dualism. Using Nietzsche's metaphor you would say that God was more alive for the pagans of Aniquity than for the Christians of the medieval period. Christianity was part of the very nihilating process that destroyed it.
>>
>>133487146
>mfw filistines think into Nietzche
He viewed it as a bad thing, because of the degeneracy it brings, and believed that God should be replaced with culture.
He was also wrong on many accounts. Some of his criticism was good, but the conclusions were shit.
>>
>>133486767
>t. Catholic
>>
>>133489427
if the death of god to you means degeneracy and not freedom from past dogmas leading to a new kind of man who can bend the reality to his will, you not only totally misinterpreted Nietzche, but you're also a gigantic retard cuckold
>>
>>133485758
>mormonism and folk religions
>no orthodoxy
>>
>>133489933
I think you misread what he posted, because he was implying exactly that.
>>
>>133488278

The entire West,where some of the biggest sins condemned by the 3 Abrahamic religions are normalized to the point that they are part of the culture,that includes adultery and homosexuality.

>>133489018

>Twisted and corrupted by priests

That isn't possible,the religion was made strict enough that anyone who tries to fuck with its structure gets his shit kicked in. That's why the religion is more strict than its predecessors but that didn't prevent the Hadiths from happening,from which not all of them are true,that includes a part that literally says that hell isn't eternal even though it says so in the Quran.

>Killing females

The Quran specifically told us to not kill a single person let alone a female unless it is for justice.

If you're talking about females who get killed for committing adultery then you should take a look at how you men in the West get treated by your women,who demand to be treated like a god AND by someone who is 10 feet tall and muscular or else she will cheat on him.

>Attacking other tribes

>War wasn't normal af back in the day

It was 2 things,m8. You conquer or get conquered. There is no other way around and we sure as hell didn't want to wait until it was too late. Also how else were we supposed to spread the religion in the first place?

>Bowing your head and submitting like a "slave"

You can't call it slavery if I do it at my will and whenever I want

It is the right thing to do,and I don't think that your "muh free will" mentality will prove otherwise.
>>
>>133485443
>thinking that simple "belief" will get you eternal joy
>50,000 different religions, each one says its the one true religion and you'll get eternal suffering if you choose any of the other ones
>choose one
>die
>whoops, wrong one, you get eternal suffering
shit wager tbqh famalam
>>
>>133485443
a painful truth
>>
>>133490872

so you'd choose none? at least believing in one of those will increase your chances if only by a slight margin
>>
>>133485443
>What do you get for being atheist?
>literally ayo god, gimme dat
Now I know why so many black people are religious.
>>
>>133485443

No community
No culture
No cohesion

and unsurprisingly, no wimmen.

:/

That was EZ next...
>>
>>133485443
a lifetime of virginity
>>
>>133485443
I don't stray further away from the truth
>>
>>133489018

Also

>insures that the members of your family, then your town, then your faith, then your nation

In the Quran,it is stressed that we respect our parents,especially the mothers as our mothers could be our gateway to paradise,meanwhile Conservashits like to talk about how Islam degrades women.

>promotes a strong sense of individualism and personal strength while forming deep and meaningful bonds with others.

And does the Quran say otherwise? I don't remember it asking us to be disrespectful to anyone who doesn't deserve it.

>encourages a man to do the things he was fucking meant to do, to be a human being and do good in the world, not stone people to death and close your mind of to the rest of the world.

Here we go again with the stoning meme.

Stoning was never mentioned in the Quran but I think it is a good punishment for women who think they can go around fucking whoever they want and claiming its normal and for men who like to have dicks stuck up their poophole.

>Close my mind to the rest of the world

Because great ideas come from you "people" including normalized homosexuality and adultery.

I live in a Muslim country and I can assure you that almost all people here are kind-hearted loving people,not just to Muslims but also to Christians.

Keep going with this "If it is possible then it should be 110% normal" meme and see how far your "civilization" will go.
>>
>>133490385
>where some of the biggest sins condemned by the 3 Abrahamic religions are normalized to the point that they are part of the culture

>implying the 3 abrahamitic religions are not degenerate themselves

nice try nigger
>>
>>133491074
Unless God only lets people into heaven if they were smart enough not to believe in him because he gave no evidence.
>>
>>133485443
Atheists can't be correct tho because they don't hold any beliefs.
>>
>>133485443

Hell for an atheist is living with themselves
>>
>>133491435

They're not degenerate. All 3 call for the exact opposite,but only Islam succeeded in enforcing that,which is why Muhammad,peace be upon him was the last prophet. And also that is why we are considered an enemy by many,simply because we refuse to bend our religion to the will of practically Satan-worshipping,immorality praising,wannabe "civilized" warmongering cunts.
>>
File: 5432.jpg (6KB, 153x200px) Image search: [Google]
5432.jpg
6KB, 153x200px
>>133485443
>>
File: Pascals wager.png (2MB, 1280x1466px) Image search: [Google]
Pascals wager.png
2MB, 1280x1466px
>>133485443
>pascal's wager
>>
File: 1498185167310.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498185167310.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>133485443
I would rather burn in hell then have a shitty book written by people who didn't know where the sun went at night tell me what to do and how to live my life.
>>
>>133492394
The bible is not an encyclopedia.
>>
File: pascal's wager.jpg (47KB, 708x362px) Image search: [Google]
pascal's wager.jpg
47KB, 708x362px
>>133492394
Are you sure you are picking the right religion though?
>>
File: 1454526949003.jpg (72KB, 577x725px) Image search: [Google]
1454526949003.jpg
72KB, 577x725px
>>133492394
>>
>>133492634
All religion is retarded. Only faggots let old texts tell them what to do.
>>
>>133491854
i could tell you're a subhuman nigger just by reading your comments, even without looking at your flag.

keep wondering why islamic countries are all poor third world country shitholes while europe and north america lead the world even with the "sins" you bray about
>>
File: Religions watermark.png (3MB, 3471x3938px) Image search: [Google]
Religions watermark.png
3MB, 3471x3938px
>>133492824
it's all based or the same retarded notions
>>
>>133485443
The sad thing about atheism is nothing isn't even an option. Nothing simply does not exist.
>>
>>133492824

> I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME MOM!!!!!
>>
>>133485443
What do you get for pretending to be christian? Oh that's right, eternal damnation.

Also Pacal's Wager is not even entry level bait anymore, try harder.
>>
>>133485443
The problem is I can't force myself to believe something merely because of the potential rewards of believing it. If a millionaire offered me a thousand dollars to believe the sky is green, I don't have the mental flexibility to collect the money. Unless pretending to believe it will suffice.
>>
>>133492645
Please, try harder.
>>
>>133493017
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
> Universe is causal
> Matter is Contingent
> .... therefore the Material, Causal Universe was created in and of itself

Atheists are retarded.
>>
File: athiests are better people.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
athiests are better people.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>133493691
>>
>>133493969

> People are born knowing the right thing to do in a burgeoning society

Think yourself lucky that you are living in the afterglow of a christian civilisation
>>
>>133488486
The implication there was that through Buddhism a buddies could reach nirvana and thus break the cycle of reincarnation.

Anon, I'm afraid it's you that has the 'tism
>>
>>133485443
Sunday mornings m8
>>
File: 1497709253862.jpg (376KB, 1104x927px) Image search: [Google]
1497709253862.jpg
376KB, 1104x927px
>Being religious only because you're afraid of a metaphysical being punishing you eternally like some kind autist because you didn't try to talk to him
>>
>>133494363
>People are born knowing the right thing
How very religious of you
>>
>>133485443
>Not being manipulated by the religious leaders
>Enjoying being right
>>
>>133494741

way to misread my post
>>
Are people only religious because they get something for it? i.e. rewarded
>>
File: Lion-faced_deity.jpg (22KB, 205x252px) Image search: [Google]
Lion-faced_deity.jpg
22KB, 205x252px
>>133485443
I suppose it's hard to guess the motives of an omnipotent being. I mean Pascal's wager could help you if through the practice of religion your deity received something for your participation, like if it got stronger when more people prayed to it. That would mean it wasn't really omnipotent if it required mortals to believe in it for power or sustenance. If God's power and knowledge is truly without bounds then it seems like the reason it would want you to participate in religion is some kind of sign of respect or allegiance. If that's true then it would know that you didn't really believe but only wanted to be on its good side and rather or not that is acceptable is anyone's guess. The Lord works in mysterious ways I suppose and if he exists we mortals would have very little way of comprehending his motives.
>>
That's the most retarded asinine argument ever. You only have a marginally higher chance of not going to hell if you commit to a religion as there's about 10000 other religions according to which you're going to hell as well.
>>
>>133494973

are atheists only living to tell others how meaningless life is? seems pointless to me.
>>
>>133495123
>Not believing in every religion at once to maximize your odds
>>
File: scientific religion.gif (125KB, 504x1032px) Image search: [Google]
scientific religion.gif
125KB, 504x1032px
>>133494956
You're not thinking post-religiosity!
>>
>>133493358
Can you prove nothing exists?

Nothing is simply a mental construct that is not reflective or reality. It is literally 'not a thing' by its very own definition.
>>
>>133495350
Absolutely haram.
>>
>>133495021
>his
>>
>>133495392
Nothing is merely the lack of something. You can't prove it exists because, by definition, it does not exist. Also, you're a retard.
>>
>>133490385

>it's impossible to corrupt religion

Can't tell if you're retarded or just trolling, but here's a (You)
>>
>>133485443
>i only choose to believe things if there is something in it for me.
>facts don't matter, only my own personal state of mind.

Religious fags of all kinds should be shot.
>>
File: 1493553580498.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493553580498.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>133491538
That's such bullshit it becomes plausible again- Let's meme it into a system of belief.
>>
>>133485443
You do understand that if you are only christian because you fear hell, you are not much of a believer anyway? Besides most religions doesn't have a hell.
>>
>>133489671
You are so fucking ignorant it hurts. It actually physically makes me sick. This has been happening a lot lately. I don't know if I'm getting older or this place is getting dumber. The confidence you exhibit in your ignorance is nauseating.

Nietzsche is the "mad man".
>>
File: f395846fd321428832b0186e0d826315.jpg (126KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
f395846fd321428832b0186e0d826315.jpg
126KB, 1080x1600px
If God is omnipotent why would it be concerned with the actions or thoughts of individual mortal men? Why would it be concerned with anything at all? If it wanted us to believe in it, it could smite all other religions or make it's presence known. Perhaps there is a mechanism from which it would derive something of value to it from the faith of mortals but what could an immortal, immaterial, omnipotent being value that it couldn't simply will into existence?
>>
>>133489018
>a good faith is the one who coincidentally prioritizes what I prioritize

You're a pathetic brainlet.
>>
>>133495668
Is the massive void between the electrons of an atom and it's nucleus nothing, or is it an integral part of the atom?
>>
>>133485443
The idea of Heaven does not appeal to me.
Spending the rest of eternity with a bunch of do gooders while praising the Dear Leader
Sounds like living in a suparnatural North Korea, also Christianity is cucked if I want to fuck a un married women I will, who gives a shit.
>>
>>133487412
religion is not a prerequisite of morality
in fact, societal cooperation would be impossible without morality, religion just provides an opening for the priest-class to use their position as "official interpreters" of God's will to benefit themselves

note that religion =/= spirituality
Christianity stopped being "real" for lack of a better term the second it entwined itself into Roman politics. In the same veil, Islam was never "real" since political motivations are embedded into the religion itself - thus the "religion" of Islam is merely an ancient ideology.

>>133488147
>Yet all religions for some reason demand that a ruler is but a mere human-being like those he rules,demands that he/she rules his/her people fairly and also requires people to always value God above all else.
Form =/= function
Religious authorities (bishops, imams, priests, clerics etc.) have demonstrable political power and are not averse to using it.
>>
>>133496246
Please go be retarded somewhere else.
>>
File: 1493635073623.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
1493635073623.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>133495790
>I don't know if I'm getting older or this place is getting dumber.
Both. The last American election brought in a neverending stream of redditors.
>>
Seriously what the fuck is wrong with americans? When did Americans become so retarded?
>>
>>133495665
Yeah I use it when referring to God because it seems unlikely that an omnipotent being has chromosomes or genitals.
>>
File: 1470077557702.png (30KB, 215x608px) Image search: [Google]
1470077557702.png
30KB, 215x608px
>>133492645
>some people actually believe this

Take a moment to let that sink in.

>some people ACTUALLY believe this
>>
>>133485443
Control over the life I got. It seems stupid to live my life according to what happens after it rather than what happens during it.
>>
File: this triggers the christcuck.jpg (69KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
this triggers the christcuck.jpg
69KB, 630x458px
>>133492122
checked
>>
>>133496302

Heaven is about returning to source of life and being complete in God
>>
>>133485443
Why do people assume GETTING something is the default position?
>>
File: 4L_xY3XlQ3N.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
4L_xY3XlQ3N.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>133492645
>Some people in the first world actually believe this
>>
>>133496403
>When did Americans become so retarded?

>>
File: odin.jpg (32KB, 354x361px) Image search: [Google]
odin.jpg
32KB, 354x361px
>>133485443
>>
File: 1469975832528.jpg (67KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1469975832528.jpg
67KB, 650x487px
>>133496403
Well the fact they were themselves often extremely religious outcasts and cannibalized each other after arriving there probably didn't help their gene pool.
>>
Perhaps all religions are somewhat technically correct and our universe is essentially the game Black & White where Allah, God, Zeus, Oden, Satan, Vishnu, Zenu and all the others are using their mortal followers faith as points in a pointless game for their amusement
>>
>>133485758
>this chart
I have nothing to be afraid of.
>>
>>133485443
>What do you get for being an atheist and being correct?
Not wasting tens of thousands of hours of your life in church. Also Pascal's wager assumes a dichotomy instead of several religions which are often mutually exclusive.
>>
>>133485443
The assumption of atheism lacking any kind of spiritual philosophy is so common it's almost pathetic.
>>
>>133485443
why can't god just leave me alone? why can't he just let me rot in the ground. why do I HAVE to follow him. I didn't ask him to create humans, I didn't ask him to know me in my mothers womb or let me get birthed, I didn't ask his stupid fucking son to sacrifice himself for me. I didn't ask for any of this, so why do I have to suffer? seriously, fuck religion. it's so stupid
>>
File: 4L_gwqOni5c.png (1MB, 850x1511px) Image search: [Google]
4L_gwqOni5c.png
1MB, 850x1511px
http://time.com/7809/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/

Oh gee, I would never have guessed
>>
>>133497080

https://archive.is/N5Scf
>>
>>133485443
You get to be euphoric
>>
>>133496947
Perhaps all religions are correct because the Supreme Being created all the different religions and varied them according to the societies and cultures they were intended for. Perhaps all religions actually worship the same God under different names.
>>
>>133485443

>Belief
>You're right!

But oh wait you chose the wrong religion.
And your mom chose the wrong denomination.
And your brother chose right, but broke a rule that wasn't in the belief.
And your dog doesn't get to go, because it doesn't have a soul.

Also the muslims were right.

Enjoy!
>>
File: 1438131060483.jpg (63KB, 540x445px) Image search: [Google]
1438131060483.jpg
63KB, 540x445px
>>
File: tipsfedora.png (101KB, 399x260px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.png
101KB, 399x260px
>>133485443
how bout this?
>>
File: 1438398399928.jpg (191KB, 800x497px) Image search: [Google]
1438398399928.jpg
191KB, 800x497px
>>
File: 1437247843025.jpg (60KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
1437247843025.jpg
60KB, 600x571px
>>
>>133496963
>Not wasting tens of thousands of hours of your life in church.

This. Do stuff that moves the needle. Instead of looking for scapegoats your whole life.
>>
>>133497260
>atheist in Dixie
That's gross dude. Please kys.
>>
>>133496599
Its total bullshit, religion is all about controlling the idiots, making them beleive they are being watched constantly and judged for their actions. It was used and still is to keep people in check stop them answering questions and questioning authority. You saw how people were burned at the stake for suggesting that the Earth orbited the sun.
>>
>>133496101
It's about coming back to the Source. Soul is immortal, and you chose to be with God or without him. If the souls chooses to live in an empty and cold place, it's a torture.
>>
File: AtheistBodyCount.jpg (29KB, 323x242px) Image search: [Google]
AtheistBodyCount.jpg
29KB, 323x242px
>>133485443
You get unmade at the end of your life and everything you ever learned or thought or did was utterly pointless because all of it will be destroyed when the universe dies. Is it any wonder with that kind of philosophy that the body count from confirmed atheist nations is so high? If you have enough power to overrule the laws of man, and there is no logical basis for a deeper ethical foundation and it all crumbles. Killing innocent people on a vast scale becomes merely a matter of convenience. You live for today with no longer-term considerations because there is no longer term to consider. Sure and atheist CAN believe in a deep morality, but he has no reason to do so.
>>
File: o boy.png (55KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
o boy.png
55KB, 720x450px
>>
>>133496599
This. Taoists understand the nature of heaven better than most modern Christians. Christianity was only recently a dualistic religion with Heaven and Hell. Originally there was only God and distance from God. Being without God is its own hell.
>>
>>133488486
In Buddhism the ultimate goal is to reach nirvana and break the cycle of reincarnation. So in buddhism everyone except some buddhists get reincarnated.
>>
>>133485799
Pascal's wager isn't deceiving God... it's acknowledging the net advantage of being a believer.

Your friend doesn't believe according to your story...therefore he's on the atheist side of the wager.

In order to place your Pascal bet, you have to put all of your chips in and commit fully to belief.

The initial impetus for becoming a believer isn't always choice:

1. Some are born and raised as believers
2. Some are evangelized
3. Some flip a coin and pick the religion.
4. Some are Pascal

Either way, most people start their journey towards belief out of circumstances uncontrolled by them. In a way, all true believers placed a bet.
>>
>>133497500
>You saw how people were burned at the stake for suggesting that the Earth orbited the sun.

never happened
>>
>>133486022
Pascal was not a Pelagian. He was really into Jansenism which was very similar to Calvinism. The joke of the wager is that in Augustinian and Jansenist though, belief is not voluntary. It is God who creates your belief in him, not your will.
>>
>>133486941
Only if you view other people as objects of no inherent value outside of pragmatism. For example his family and servants were still dead, he simply got a new better family and servants.
>>
File: Giordano_Bruno.jpg (20KB, 290x326px) Image search: [Google]
Giordano_Bruno.jpg
20KB, 290x326px
>>133498057
>never happened

Look up Giordano Bruno

But God loves us doesn't he LOL
>>
>>133497760

Othodox christians liken hell to being unable to bask in the brightness of Gods glory.
>>
>>133485443
A fedora.
>>
>>133485443

You should just be yourself regardless of any deity that might or might not exist. And you should be a good person neither for the reward of Heaven nor out of fear of Hell as a punishment, but simply because being a good person is the right thing to do. And remember who and what you really are - Pure Consciousness (which is infinite and eternal) experiencing life in a temporary human form.
>>
>>133498268
>Giordano Bruno

> charges including denial of several core Catholic doctrines, including eternal damnation, the Trinity, the divinity of Christ, the virginity of Mary, and transubstantiation

keep looking
>>
>>133485683
>God literally writes a book telling you exactly how to avoid going to Hell
>"nah fuck that shit, if I was god it would be totally different, so therefore it actually is totally different"
>>
>>133485758
>mfw singularity will wash away all the false faggot gods and religions (all of them)
>>
>>133498319
it may be that way but the real hell is considerably worse than that
>>
>>133485758
wtf I love Mormonism now
>>
>>133498470
>>133498470
>The Copernican system not only challenged the Church's cosmological views, but also the rigid social hierarchy of feudalism. The previous neatly ordered view of the universe, with the Earth at the centre, reinforced the rigid feudal order with serfs at the bottom and the Pope at the pinnacle. The dangerous implication of the Copernican theory was that if the Church's credo of infallibility could be challenged in the cosmological arena then its social position was also cast into doubt.
>>
>>133485443
Nothing.

I'm not an atheist for what I can get, I'm an atheist because it's important to me what is true or not.
>>
>>133498495
>God literally writes a book
i dont think you know what literally means
>>
File: 1499735568040.png (224KB, 1020x324px) Image search: [Google]
1499735568040.png
224KB, 1020x324px
>>133488486
its actually you on the spectrum you cunt. That graph is displaying what hte "best person" in every religion gets, and what the "worst person" in every religion gets. The best buddhist gets nirvana. The same way the best christian gets heaven. Now go back to CSGO and minecraft.
>>
>>133498319
When Satan is shoving red hot pokers up your ass you won't even be able to imagine God's glory,
>>
Solipsist reporting, if a god did exist and it turns out I'm wrong and delusional, then he made me this way for a reason.
>>
>>133498608

Remember in Levicticus how a tent was built which held the presence of God and only Moses could enter. Those who snuck in perished.

Only the chosen can be in Gods presence while the others will be consumed or unable to abide his purity of life.
>>
>>133485443
a dick in the ass
>>
>>133485443

>basing entire life around fear of the consequences of not following a religion whose holy book was written and edited and mistranslated by humans for thousands of years

Wew lad
>>
>>133498745

You havent shown one person burnt at the stake for denying the earth orbited the sun.

There is plenty to accuse religion of, but dont just assume all bad things about it.
>>
>>133498838
You're wrong.

You're an atheist because you are a reprobate (i.e. not a member of the elect) whom God has destined for eternal damnation. If you need to dress it up as some kind of quest for truth because it gives you some comfort that's ok though.
>>
>>133499154
>mistranslated

another falsehood. using the same argument as muslims.
>>
File: 1452556720915.jpg (53KB, 1154x540px) Image search: [Google]
1452556720915.jpg
53KB, 1154x540px
>>133499437
>>
>>133497865
But why they do it?
>>
>>133485758
Consider the lilies of the field, you massive faggot. If you actually put any thought into this topic you would realize that the Christian faith is fundamental to a functioning western society.

People seek religion to escape anxiety. That's like one of its key functions.
>>
>>133494363
>People are born knowing the right thing to do in a burgeoning society
Empathy you fucking sociopath. Seriously do you not instinctively think about what it would be like if someone did bad things to you before you do a bad thing?
>>
>>133488466
It is entirely possible to compartmentalize logic and spirituality... the human psyche is not a monolithic construct. Jesus said His greatest commandment is (paraphrased) "Love God with all your heart, all your spirit and all your mind." So even He understood compartments of the human psyche.

The "mind" is a tool to apply logic and reason... so "loving" God with your mind can be interpreted as making the effort to rationalize the existence of God. Pascal's wager is a rationalization... but the heart and spirit must also be committed because THEY ARE what you are wagering! Agreeing with Pascal's wager in principle is just like agreeing that betting on the better boxer would be the soundest wager...it doesn't mean anything unless you actually put the chips down!
>>
>>133499841
They believe that existence is suffering and thus it is better to just escape reincarnation entirely. Not sure what enlightenment entails after you die DESU.
>>
>>133485758
You still gain nothing from being an atheist and being correct
>>
I had a friend in high school who was super-strict, born-again Christian. I don't believe in God, and he knew this, and he legitimately thought I was going to hell.

Stupidity aside, I have to wonder what it feels like to truly believe that your best friend is going to be writing in anguish for all of eternity. Must have made him very sad.
>>
>>133498838
>nothing
>gets truth

That's not nothing, you imbecile.
>>
>>133500751
Well its not like you don't deserve to go to hell
>>
>>133500532
>Seriously do you not instinctively think about what it would be like if someone did bad things to you before you do a bad thing?

Empathy has a short fuse within a limited sphere. That is why most societies exist under a religious backdrop.
>>
>>133485443
Often you hear god described as merciful and just. But those are two contradictory actions. If you show mercy, you are forgoing justice. So which is it?
>>
>>133499406
>Thinking believers are the chosen people
LOL
>>
>>133485443
Nothing. In the process, you would've destroyed your society and culture as you attempted to find something else to latch onto because human beings are social animals and religion fills multiple needs within us. This is how you end up with promiscuity and drug abuse and more, and yet rarely do they have stable relationships or children. There are a few outliers, sure, but not many.

>>133485730
>implying leftism and atheism isn't degeneracy
>>
>>133501049
>If you show mercy, you are forgoing justice.
not necessarily
>>
>>133500706
That's not true. There is a gain, but it's finite: you gain a pleasurable and comfortable existence in your natural life. That's not to say you can't gain happiness with a modest and moral life, but if I was 100% certain that there was nothing after death, living like Dan Bilzerian looks pretty attractive...the logic behind the wager is that the finite gain of a hedonistic life over a moral life is endlessly minuscule compared to the infinite difference between heaven and hell.
>>
File: 1233777359566.jpg (39KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
1233777359566.jpg
39KB, 750x599px
>>133501049
>>
>>133501049
I believe those are reconciled in the atonement
>>
>>133501162
How does the quality of your life matter after you are dead though?
>>
>>133499406
It's not dressed up as a quest for truth. You cannot choose what you believe, you just naturally come to those conclusions in your own head based on what you value and your perception of reality.

I value truth, that's just part of my personality. And the evidence presented by theists for their claims about the existence of god aren't backed by reason or evidence.

I don't believe it because it gives me comfort, the vast majority of godless belief about the universe being a cold and uncaring place with ultimately no purpose aren't comforting in the slightest.

But I don't care about how comforting the conclusion is, as I said, I care about if it's true or not.
>>
>>133498495
Do you honestly think that your God doesn't know you're half-assing your belief?
>>
>>133501159
Justice is saying: You did X, so you get X days in jail, or pay X fine.
Showing Mercy is saying: You did X, but I'm only going to give you Y days, or pay Y fine.
Give me an example where they aren't contradictory.
>>
>>133485443
Death...like the rest of us?

What fucking stupid question.
>>
>>133501302

You do not value truth since you believe that a material universe can exist without reason or cause.

Show me a reasonable explanation for this.
>>
>>133501287
It doesn't, but if YOLO is true, at the very least you gain the pleasures of living life on Earth whereas a moral life misses out on the worldly pleasures. If there is nothing after death, wouldn't you want to make the most out of life?

Read Emanuel Kant.
>>
>>133500697
Do they explain why you remember this life? Why you choose reincarnate in this life but not in previous?
>>
>>133501358
When you do a crime X or Y can be charged.
X is a more heavy punishment than Y.
God gives Y. Solved.
>>
>>133501358
That makes no sense X means two different things in your original statement

>you did THEFT so you get THEFT days in jail
>>
>>133485443
>god knows everything
>god knows what you will do next
>god knows if you will go to heaven or hell
>therefore god created you to go to either heaven or hell
If Christianity is correct, then Calvinism is. There's no way out of this. Why try? Your fate has been decided; everything you do is predetermined. You have no freewill if god is real.
>>
>>133485443
What if god exists and he prefer not choosing religion without evidence?
>>
>>133501751
That is not atheists being correct
>>
>>133501558
>wouldn't you want to make the most out of life?
why?
>>
What if I am a good person without being religious? Do I not enter heaven?
>>
>>133501601
I was using it to show that X action got its corresponding X punishment, not that its the same thing.
>>133501578
No, if you can get charged with X or Y, then for true justice you get the corresponding punishment. If God gives punishment Y for a charge of X then that is mercy, and not justice.
>>
>>133501930
>corresponding X punishment,
ok but who determines what the corresponding punishment is and if it is just or not?
>>
>>133501647
Of human beings understood the mechanism behind this paradox, there would be no need for faith. It's a mathematical paradox ... we know too little about the universe and the existence of God in this case. We live in 4 dimensions but we are scientifically figuring out the existence of other dimensions. Because we can not naturally perceive them, this paradox is a mystery.

Keep digging.
>>
>>133485443
You won't be punished for your degeneracy.
>>
>>133501897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo
>>
>>133501504
How do you know what I believe?

All I've said so far is that I'm an atheist, that means I don't believe claims about the existence of god. It doesn't follow that I believe the a material universe can exist without reason or cause.

However to actually address anyway, since you brought it up. Go and read Lawrence Krauss, A Universe from nothing. Which demonstrates that universes without causes are plausible physical things.

Or if you're too lazy go watch one of his talks by the same name on youtube, an hours of modern physics education would open your mind to the possibilities absent a god.
>>
>>133501930
Not every action has a corresponding punishment, it is not like god has a rule book saying if he did this he gets hell. The thing that makes god have mercy is that he will allow situational exceptions which is mercy and justice. Nobody can really define justice without him having to enforce laws of some kind.
>>
>>133501892
Because of endorphins! If we're truely just a mechanism physical matter and strong/weak forces, why not do what your mechanism was designed to do: Fuck a lot, eat, Dream, etc...
>>
>>133502029
Well since we are talking about god dispensing the justice or the mercy, I kinda thought it would be his infallible self who would determine it.
>>
>>133501897
There are no good people. Does that answer your question?
>>
>>133502200
ok so God's view of justice is merciful
they are not contradictory
>>
>>133501897

Yes maybe, depends what you think good is
>>
>>133502191
>>133501892

Conversely, because we are (alleged by Athiests) spontaneous phenomena, why not devote yourself to your evolved instincts?
>>
>>133502177
>not like god has a rule book
um, the bible?
>>133502318
so he's merciful then. not truly just.
>>
>>133502475
>not truly just.
why not?
if you sin you still have go to hell
that is justice
>>
>>133485443
You get to have fun on Earth without worrying about what some imaginary man in the sky thinks. I'd be pissed if I was a good little Christian, missing out on many of life's pleasures only to be met by eternal blackness when all was said and done.
>>
>>133502175

Why cant you explain it yourself? Do you need your 'priest' to tell me what you should already know? I thought you valued truth?
>>
>>133498252

his family went to heaven . He himself got 2 times he had . And the greatest gift was that he now knew god, that was a thing what did not happen much in that time , job was truly blessed
>>
File: 1499731418952.jpg (292KB, 1442x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1499731418952.jpg
292KB, 1442x1304px
>>133501568
Here's a quick rundown,

This is the cosmology to Buddhists

>Nirvana
Extremely few get here. Maybe " in a million lifetimes" to be generous. Nirvana is also only possible to achieve in Earth form.
>Heaven
You go to this with good deeds. It is temporary, as are all forms besides nirvana
> Content Ghosts
You weren't bad, but you weren't good, so you wonder as a spirit. You're not in pain or anything, and you always feel healthy.
>Human
Human is considered the rarest, and most buddhists believe reincarnation as all creatures are other beings who did worse in their human existence concerning karma. Supposedly, reincarnating as a human is exceedingly rare. Buddhists like to talk about how it is like 1 in a million lifetimes, or like 60 million years or something radical to eventually reincarnate back as a human. Human is the most powerful as it is the ONLY form that can achieve Nirvana.
>Earth (Various Life Forms)
Bugs, and dogs and shit, anon, you know the rest
>Hungry Ghosts
Like the above, but you feel in pain as you wonder the Earth, and you are also, always hungry.
>Hell
Hitler and shit goes here. Again, all realms in Buddhist cosmology is temporary.
>>
>>133502621
>I'd be pissed
how?
you are dead
>>
>>133502475
>Bible
No the Bible is our guide, for us the people, not the book of punishments he can read and charge you for a crime because that book said so.
>>
>>133502852
Well if I had the capacity to be pissed off about it I would.
>>
>>133502092
>Lies
I lied, but never actually caused bad things to happen. At most it was saying something is done when it's 80% done.

>Theft:
Candy as a child. Aren't childs innocent anyway?

>Adultery:
Not married

>God in vain:
Not my god. That's my entire argument. He just happened to exist.

>Thinking evil things:
Thinking is not the same as doing.

What a merciful god, who condemns 80% of the world. What about the precolumbine Americas? All who happened to be born there were doomed for at least 1492 years?
>>
>>133485443
This wager is a fallacy because it doesn't account for the infinitely more possible odds that you choose the wrong deity, angering the rightful deity whereas being non-religious would put you on more neutral grounds with any possible deity.
>>
>>133503199
>What a merciful god, who condemns 80% of the world.
who rejected the free gift of salvation
>What about the precolumbine Americas?
If God knows you will accept him he will put you in a position to hear his word
>>
>>133502649
Because it takes an entire book to explain well.

Why would I bother explaining science to you in a worse way than one of the worlds best theoretical physics educators?
>>
>>133503420
Nowhere does it claim there are only two choices
it just choices to compare two
>>
>>133503510
I would accept him, if he talked more clearly instead of appearing on toast every few years.
>>
>>133502619
then its not merciful.
>>
>>133502619
If Jesus died to cleanse mankind of sin, and not believing is a sin, isn't that cleared too?
>>
>>133503718
yes it is
you can accept the free gift of salvation
>>133503637
your loss
>>
>>133503533

It just sounds like you didnt understand it and just trusted someone with authority.

Ive listened to many people with the same authority say it is a question that cannot be answered as of yet. Perhaps Krauss knows something they dont.
>>
>>133485758
this chart actually required autism to create
>>
>>133485443
>I got you covered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-mnxKtFhdY
>>
One might modify this to mean: It is best to prepare for an eternity of consequence, because you risk nothing. Whatever you choose as your preparation is up to you, but a lack of preparation can have no positive effect - unless we are living in a universe in which the lack of preparation is the only correct choice. I choose to believe we don't live in that universe, because it seems pretty outlandish from here in the cheap seats.
>>
>>133503852
You need to accept his gift
God will not force salvation on you if you dont want it
>>
>>133485683
>>133501354

Fear is a legitimate reason to believe. Proverbs says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge
>>
>>133502976
yes, my bible answer there was snarky. but if
>The thing that makes god have mercy is that he will allow situational exceptions which is mercy and justice.
this is true and he situationally is one or the other, then he is not consistent in his judgement and is not just. He would have to be consistent and that means no mercy.
>>
>>133504041
I want it, I just don't know which is the real God, thus I choose to act in a way that would (or should) please the most of them. Choosing one angers every other god, so what are my chances?

Also God is the biggest sinner of all.
>>
>>133485443
Pascals Wager is literally ass, and I'm saying this as a Calvinist. It literally relies on the assumption that only two choices exist, and the outcomes of those two choices are predetermined. What if you pray to the wrong God? What if God only rewards atheists for holding steadfast in the face of overwhelming evidence, and has Christians wash their feet?
Sure, you can bring up arguments for God's existence and then pose this argument, but this argument by itself is not logically rigorous or reasonable.
>>
>>133503903
yes, about that salvation. A guy can go on a murder spree and then repent and go to heaven. So once again. That is mercy and not just at all.
>>
>>133504359
>Also God is the biggest sinner of all.
How?
>>
>>133504477
>That is mercy and not just at all.
Why isnt it just?
>>
File: atheist you are too.png (674KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
atheist you are too.png
674KB, 1680x1050px
>>133485443
What do you get for being a theist who believes in the wrong deity or worships the right deity in the wrong way?
>>
>>133504548
because punishment is absolved.
>>
File: god retarded.jpg (49KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
god retarded.jpg
49KB, 465x465px
>>133502203
Maybe God should have designed us better. I mean, if he's all-powerful and all-knowing, then it follows that any flaws in humanity are there because He put them there.

Kind of a rigged game, don't you think?
>>
>>133503953
Krauss doesn't have authority though, that's the whole point of science. No one has authority. What has authority is ideas which have been tested by experiment over and over by many different people.

I do actually understand the physics quite well, I've studied theoretical physics at uni and caught up with the most recent developments in cosmology through the free lectures that Stanford put online, by Leonard Susskind.

Again there's like 50 hours of lectures available for free that can teach you modern science if you had the compulsion to actually learn something that we can demonstrate through experiment to be true.
>>
>>133504491
He kills, lies, and covets. He breaks every deadly sin (maybe not gluttony but whatever). Why should in a god that doesn't keep his own laws?
>>
>>133504204
this
>>
>>133504704
Who says they need to be punished?
>>
>>133504808
implying that the development of mankind to commit original sin and have free-will requires us to be flawed individuals
>>
File: what race.jpg (92KB, 708x465px) Image search: [Google]
what race.jpg
92KB, 708x465px
>>133504470
>not logically rigorous or reasonable.

it is when youre talking about an eternal lake of fire youre better off picking one that you think is most likely to be real

99% of them dont even have holy books claiming to be the creator
>>
>>133504836
>He kills,
who says he cant kill?
> lies, and covets.
citation needed
>>
>>133504876
well, your religion does. it says murder is a sin and sinners go to hell as punishment.
>>
>>133504829
>if you had the compulsion to actually learn something

so you criticise religious people because they say that belief takes more than just an easy explanation but do the same when it comes to what you believe?
>>
File: 1---.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1---.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>133485443

Pascal's wager is fucking retarded because belief is not a choice.

Absolutely utterly retarded beyond all measure.
>>
>>133504965
Picking which one is most likely to be real requires evidence, not fear. Evidence can include the teleological, ontological, etc arguments for God's existence, but using some bullshit "muh choices" argument is NIGGARDLY
>>
>>133504977
Lies: Land of milk and honey,

Covets: Everyone must answer to him

And why can he kill but not I?
>>
>>133505088
they only have to go to hell if they reject Jesus dying for their sins
>>
>>133505236
>Lies: Land of milk and honey,
how is that a lie
>Covets: Everyone must answer to him
that is not coveting
>And why can he kill but not I?
because he said so
>>
File: C7idjk_W0AEfCJ-.jpg (65KB, 720x484px) Image search: [Google]
C7idjk_W0AEfCJ-.jpg
65KB, 720x484px
>>133505186
heres some evidence the world is flat

god made a flat earth

say good bye to big bang and evolution

god sends people delusion on purpose because you are evil and want to believe lies
>>
File: 1220111425838.jpg (69KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1220111425838.jpg
69KB, 750x600px
>>133505246
Right. Which makes god merciful, but inconsistent in his punishment of sinners and therefore not truly just.
>>
>literally flat earther
now this is pod-racing
>>
File: 1497289617554.png (28KB, 237x257px) Image search: [Google]
1497289617554.png
28KB, 237x257px
Pascal's wager is pretty problematic when you realize that there are, always have been, and will continue to be a near infinite multitude of faiths that you can "choose" to believe in. So what happens if you go for Catholicism if it turns out that Protestantism or Anglican is "correct"? Or if you go for Hinduism when Judaism is correct?

Ignosticism is by far the best option
>>
>>133505410
If it truly was land of milk and honey then why do they keep suffering throught all ages?

Wanting full control is not coveting?

He doesnt follow his own rules. We have a word for that, Hypocrite.
>>
>>133505449
its not inconsistent
everyone who sins and rejects salvation goes to hell
>>
>>133485443
Atheism is the true faith.

It is not given to us to know God, but we can know how to oppose God. Therefore, God has given to us that we may only interact with His Will in terms of opposition, and this in turn must be our assigned role.

(I know that I know not enough.)
>>
File: yakitory.png (717KB, 478x601px) Image search: [Google]
yakitory.png
717KB, 478x601px
>>133505680
then you go to hell for not being smart enough to believe in the right god

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
>>
>>133485443
>claiming you believe in God, believe in the Bible but still being willing to try bullshitting God
Enjoy hell
>>
>>133505833
>we can know how to oppose God.
Good luck with that
>>
>>133504491
>"killing humans is wrong!"
>proceeds to genocide the entire population by flooding the entire planet (citation needed)
your jewish god is an evil god who loves to hate and deceive
>>
File: baa.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
baa.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
>>133485758
The general guide on how to be a good Mormon is "Don't do bad shit, and or be an asshole" and then thats pretty much it

Feels good
>>
>>133506072
killing is wrong because it is God's job to determine how long we are on this earth
>>
>>133505924
>belief
>a matter of intellect
You can't rationalize your way into Faith; it defeats the point of Faith altogether.

Sage
>>
>>133506217
>Man... This humans are so bad, even though I really didn't even bother in making them believe in me. What should I do:

1) Use my infinite wisdom to help them

2) Use my omnipotence to help them

3) Flood'em all!
>>
File: tumblr_oj8hlo8cPv1uy6fwao4_400.gif (932KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj8hlo8cPv1uy6fwao4_400.gif
932KB, 344x500px
>>133506275
maybe i should say godly wisdom

Matthew 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

for me i got into jesus christ and the bible due to hardcore evidence

i was seeing Illuminati stuff in videos of things being predicted before it happened

its impossible in a physical world

so no faith isnt some blind trust , you actually are convinced of jesus christ being the son of god and savior
>>
>>133485443
There are infinite possible variations of the Abrahamic god, and all of them will send you to hell if you don't believe in them specifically. Your mathematical chance to get into heaven, provided it even exists, is exactly zero percent.
>>
>>133485443
If there is no god or afterlife atheists get...
>freedom of otherworldly consequences
>ability to be smug being more intelligent than a planet-size population of retards
>ability to freely use their sexuality without guilt (if you have the opportunity)
>ability to purge and wage conquest
>>
>>133506658
I'm a fan of the bible (though I'm more of a Wisdom Poetry/Old Testament guy), and Matthew is pretty great, certainly better than John. I don't "believe" in Christ in any way function, though I find many of his teachings helpful and noble.

I have yet to find why I ought to follow Jesus over, say, the Buddha, Lao Tzu, or any other benevolent religious/spiritual leader, when all of their end goals is essentially peace, tranquility, and an appreciation for life.
>>
>>133502842
Thanks for rundown, explained a lot of things
>>
>>133505688
You're being silly and you're being belligerent. And you're trolling and i don't like you very much.

Your very existence is his, every iota of your personage and everything everywhere is his. You either conform your life and behave or your die horribly with Satan's world. Life is simple.

He promised the Israelites a better land, had they obeyed him fully they would have been blessed up until our selfsame day. The Israelites reneged repeatedly and viola, here we are.

He doesn't want full control, it was his to begin with. Satan was allowed to fool morons, like yourself, if you therefore side with Satan you die with him, forever. It belongs to God. Before you stands the malediction and the Benediction, choose.

When you say he doesn't follow his own rules, I'm overwhelmed with a desire to wish all the horrors of life be visited upon you. But if that happened you may die before Armageddon and there's something I want you to see.
Don't you dare say he doesn't follow his own rules because it's a lie and disrespectful and it'll make me hate you even more.
>>
>>133485443
It takes effort to be good and nice. What if I amount enough goodness to get into heaven? What now? Do I lose my free will? Do I become some blissfully docile animal? What will stop me from being bad?
>>
>>133507419
>essentially peace, tranquility, and an appreciation for life.

You obviously dont understand the purpose of Christ if thats the only thing you took away from it.

His purpose is to transform our suffering and reunite us with God.
>>
File: tumblr_oqvx63XnYt1w2n78fo2_400.gif (2MB, 268x295px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqvx63XnYt1w2n78fo2_400.gif
2MB, 268x295px
>>133507419
well being a fan of the bible isnt enough you obviously dont know what jesus said

2 Thessalonians 7:-9
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
>>
>>133506551
You son of a bitch!

You disgusting sub human animal!

How dare you? Have you ever bothered reading the bible?

Of course you haven't!

So shut your Whoring Lying Mouth, You filth!
>>
>>133496392
Nice ad hom. Can't answer the question though, I see.

It's because you fail to appreciate the true nature of memetic science. I'd suggest lurking more.
>>
Pascal's wager conveniently ignores the problem of which interpretation of which religion is the one that gets you into heaven.
>>
>>133508104
>>133507889
fucking get the fuck out of the fucking board with that plebbit spacing you 4chan larping mongoloids! xeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>133507632
But he doesn't. He flooded mankind when there were millions of better ways to go along with things. Same with Soddomah and Gomorrah. He wants full power even though He allows us to think and doubt, but if you doubt even once is to hell with you. He promises a great world for at least those who believe in him, yet the world is at war, poverty and suffering, especially abrahamic religious, and one of the main causes is religious divides.
>>
>>133507803
>well being a fan of the bible isnt enough
I'm not very interested in becoming a Christian or Jew.
you obviously dont know what jesus said
Based on what? Matthew in particular is all about needless suffering caused by other humans.
The Bible is beautiful and illuminating, but I don't find it very "convincing" (as if that were its purpose) of any particular faith. As far as I can tell, the overarching values are
>Life is suffering
>But it is also wonderful
>There is no reason to harm others
>Embrace the glory of God (essentially: Cherish that you have been chosen to live)
In so far as the Bible explores these ideals, notably in Job and the Psalms, I'm a gigantic fan and supporter. I can't say I believe in any of its theology whatsoever though.
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ATHEISTS AND PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL CHRISTIANS GET OFF MY FUCKING BOARD
>>
>>133507661
You're to obey God's laws. You will gain a better understanding of what's expected but you gaining eternal life and keeping it rest solely on you. You can weigh and say it's better to obey than to lose everything. But if you'd remember, Adam had free will. He could have just as easily ignored Eve and God would have punished Eve by increasing her birth pangs or something. Satan would have died immediately because Adam stood up for God's soverignty. Adam however didn't. Remember, it is written that their eyes became opened and they saw they were naked, AFTER, Adam ate the fruit.
There's a passage in Ezekiel that parallels with Satan. The King of Tyre behaved as Satan Did. Just as Tyre became overconfident in her abilities, Satan became overconfident in his. God placed Satan in the Garden when he was an Obedient Divine Cherub and Satan saw his own sales good, his own values and worths and abilities and thought too much of himself. He decided to sin against God. Now, you would ask why would Satan, a clever bloke sin against God. Well that's easy enough. It is written, Jehovah your God is a Happy God. But, God's not been happy in a long time. He's happy when sinners repent, but He hasn't been happy in a long time. Remember what he told Moses. "Tell them, I am that I am has sent me." That's a telling phrase. Jehovah simply means, He that Causes To Become, or He who becomes what's needed for Righteousness sake. In other words, When Jesus worked along with his father, Col 1:15-18 as his chief worker or the one assigned to make everything using God's power and knowledge, when this went on, God was a happy God. Remember when it said of how heaven Cried out joyfully when different things were made? Now imagine God in all that time being a happy God and Satan for all his life would have only known a Happy God. You see, He that Causes to Become or I am that I am, only needed to be Happy. When Satan sinned however, He quickly became the God of Justice.
>>
>>133508433
YWHW is Lucifer on Earth. You think God the Father would waste time on those semite goatfuckers? Naw dog. YWHW is a bitter old demiurge and every Abrahamic religion is Satanism in disguise.
>>
File: 1492702648981.jpg (212KB, 1280x886px) Image search: [Google]
1492702648981.jpg
212KB, 1280x886px
>>133508504
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anyone who does this (even ironically) should chug bleach. You're a stain on all that was once bright and noble about humanity.
>>
>>133495790
Can you explain why you disagree with him?

Also what do you mean by "mad man"? Cognitive dissidence?
>>
File: tumblr_oq9iu5cug71ti6w0wo2_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq9iu5cug71ti6w0wo2_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1707px
>>133508474
>As far as I can tell
well youre very wrong you can go ahead and water it down to JUST JOB (btw erase every part that mentions god) and thats it because you dont want to believe any of it

go read revelation about what happens to people for not accepting jesus christ

coming soon
the bible has nothing to do with anything youre talking about
>>
>>133485443

The "nothing" ones are incorrect. Christians and atheists alike insist their beliefs govern quality of life.

The opposite of atheism isn't Christianity; it's theism.

Human life followed by eternal joy or eternal suffering doesn't pass the smell test and is highly inefficient.

(((Jew on a stick))) (((Yes, yes, open wide for your slave morality, goyim)))

The only value of Christianity I can see is in preventing the spread of Islam, given that the atheists have cucked themselves in that respect.
>>
>>133508378
what the hell's plebbit spacing. You've been there haven't you. I've never seen plebbit spacing. But apparently you have. You're from there, aren't you boy? I see you, I am watching you, Plebbit!

>>133508433
Listen you tad pole, you can barely wipe your own butt and brush your teeth half way clean and you're trying to suggest you know more than God does? Look at you, the big man. That's why I say read your bible. Hebrews 11:7; 2 Peter 2:5. 120 years worth of Preaching went down. And yet only eight were saved. Think about that.
>>
>>133486939
Kek
>>
>>133509376
I hope hell is real and you burn in it for that spacing.
>>
>>133508378
Where you see plebbit spacing, I see only nothing. Therefore, the burden of proof is upon you to prove that is in fact plebbit spacing and not merely some delusion you and your ancestors collectively cooked up.
>>
>>133509510

Lists are typically spaced, you inbred nigger.
>>
>>133508378
kill yourself
>>
>>133508869
So He is unhappy because he expects people to repent to him but he doesn't really put forth any effort to become believed, so everyone suffers?

Also
>Adam ignores Eve
>Eve gets punished

Wow so merciful and fair.

>>133509476
It means His selection method is flawed.
>>
>>133486887
Could you make it any more apparent you watched a Jordan Peterson video last week? Woeful is far too strong a word for Nietzche's feelings on the Death of God. Perturbed would be a better descriptor.
>>
>>133485443
Not having to live your life according to arbitrary Christian morals

Fuck off Jesus, I can jack it as many times as I want to
>>
>>133509476

"Plebbit spacing" is a fantasy of /pol/ folks who are invariably terrible writers (with redneck education) and who don't understand the basics of composition. What they call "Plebbit spacing" others call paragraphing. Even excessive vertical spacing predates Reddit by many years and can be found on Usenet and -- horror of horrors -- pre-Reddit 4chan.
>>
OP I have been sent from the future to warn you of your own painful demise.

Get on the floor, pretend you're a dog and donate 15% of your income to charity then rape the first girl you meet or you And your whole family will be burned alive and was raped before and after being burned.

Share this with 10 of your friends or a ghost will do the same thing to you.
>>
>>133500706
yes you do. you don't gotta waste one of your two days off on stupid bullshit
>>
>>133509681
He's putting effort forth even now. His people are out there preaching. He cannot force you to obey. You choose to obey or you don't.

>>133509681
Eve ate the fruit. Had Adan not done so, she would have received some punishment for eating it, probably the increasing of birth pains. Adam was the head of that family though so it would not have been something permanent like Death. Of this I am sure.

To say his selection if flawed is a disgusting thing to say for you yourself knows what Justice is and Justice is, Righteous Truth.

You're saying that if a man drives a murder to a home, learns that the man committed a murder and then drives the man to the airport where that man flies off into obscurity, you're of the mind that the driver was not at all complicit. You sir, are behaving rather trollish. You have sense enough to know that disagreeable acts and disobedient behaviors are not to be tolerated. God simply wants you to obey his laws and to benefit yourself. If you choose to ignore his warnings and wishes, you can die and cease to be. Life is very simple.

>>133510071
They're calling paragraphs, Reddit spacing now? Wow!
>>
>>133509320
Well, no, I don't want to believe in it, because I don't find the Bible's theological arguments (as if there's any single argument in the bible) convincing.
God is well worth analyzing in the Old Testament and in Job, because he's an actual character with a really fascinating personality and limits; he becomes largely an idea or collage of ideas and virtues by the New Testament.

>go read revelation about what happens to people for not accepting jesus christ
Fire, brimstone, etc. I don't buy it. Another reason why I tend to like the Old Testament and Wisdom poetry more is because of the lack of an afterlife.
>>
>>133510598
to say his selection *is flawed is a disgusting thing to say for you yourself knows what Justice....
>>
>>133504676
I don't know. What do you get? The you have to ask yourself "is that a valid question?" And the answer to that is "I don't know!" Well you better know, Vicki, because the alternative to that is... it's like the Sumerian creation story. You have this god, Marduk who battles against Taymat, the dragon god of the underworld.... and he cuts Taymat into a thousand pieces and creates the world.
>>
File: tumblr_oq9iu5cug71ti6w0wo1_1280.jpg (788KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq9iu5cug71ti6w0wo1_1280.jpg
788KB, 1280x1707px
>>133510631
Daniel 12:1-4
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
>>
>>133510598
He is complicit, what does that have to do with anything? Also which is His preaching the real one? Like 300 different groups preach in His name, and, according to them, if you choose any other you go to hell. Not exactly clear right?
>>
>>133510631
Jesus spoke of fiery Gehenna, and Gehenna was a dumping site outside of the city. Essentially it was a city dump, a massive one. Animals and refuge of all kinds were dumped there, as were Criminals. To a Jew, unless you were buried with some kind of grave marker you couldn't be resurrected so Jesus knowing this thinking used an Analogy like Gehenna to describe eternal destruction. If you Read Revelation, it says Death and The grave is thrown in the lake of fire which is in Gehenna so obviously this is not a literal place but a form of being, in this regard, non existent.
>>
>>133491435
>Show me the proof of these claims!
>*Shows him the proof*
>Haha this isnt proof! nice try nigger!

Fuckin Rapture WHEN
>>
File: 1484113490417.gif (260KB, 266x207px) Image search: [Google]
1484113490417.gif
260KB, 266x207px
>>133498470
>>133499282
Pathetic.

>yeah, he was burned alive at the stake! but not because he denied the Earth was still but because he denied Chuch doctrine!
>Christians: 1 Atheists: 0

Meanwhile rational people see you defending their actions and realize how much of a bootlicker you are.
>>
>>133499406
If God destined him for eternal damnation, what do you suggest he does, you absolute stupid ignorant moron?

Go against God's wishes? You're so fucking stupid you never even thought through your arguments. Ignorant nigger.
>>
>>133510911
Pretty beautiful, but not very convincing. Sorry m8.
I'm also not even an atheist, mind you.

>>133511077
Jewish ideas of death and reincarnation changed pretty dramatically by the time of the gospels. Job, Genesis, and Exodus give the impression of death bing absolutely nothing.
>>
>>133510984
You're being horribly daft. They knew God existed, young one. They themselves could go to the entrances of Eden and see the flaming sword for themselves. It's not like they didn't believe in Creation. They knew it was true. Many of them were centuries old and in that time it never rained once. They didn't believe torrents and rain would fall form the sky and that water would suddenly fill the lands like some one opening a dam. They didn't believe that. They believed it would continue like it always was. The very same thing most of us are foolishly saying today is what most of them said back then. Remember, not everyone were sinners, Mt 24:3, 37-39; Lu 17:26, 27 says of how people were being people, eating and drinking and being married and so on. Jesus was pointing out that not everyone was bad. Many were people being people but died because they took no note. They ignored Noah and then the flood came. It wasn't that they were engaged in willful badness but died because they ignored God's gift of life.

>>133511519
Death is nothingness
"Since Hades refers to the common grave of mankind, a place rather than a condition, Jesus entered within “the gates of Hades” when buried by Joseph of Arimathea. On Pentecost of 33 C.E., Peter said of Christ: “Neither was he forsaken in Hades nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus God resurrected, of which fact we are all witnesses.” (Ac 2:25-27, 29-32; Ps 16:10) Whereas “the gates of Hades” (Mt 16:18) were still holding David within their domain in Peter’s day (Ac 2:29), they had swung open for Christ Jesus when his Father resurrected him out of Hades. Thereafter, through the power of the resurrection given him (Joh 5:21-30), Jesus is the Holder of “the keys of death and of Hades.”—Re 1:17, 18."
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.