[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAKE SILENCERS LEGAL AGAIN

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: file.png (41KB, 767x329px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41KB, 767x329px
real talk tho what're the odds of this becoming a law?
>>
Wait...suppressors are illegal in the US? Why?

I mean even us and the Brits can have them with a little extra paperwork.
>>
Why would you need a silencer? Don't they barely muffle sound to begin with?
>>
>>133441185
They are not illegal, they require extra paperwork and a $200 tax stamp. Though probably illegal in some shit states
>>
>>133441185
>I mean even us and the Brits can have them with a little extra paperwork.

That's funny, because guns are illegal in the UK. But maybe that's why silencers can be bought, they're pretty useless without an accompanying gun.
>>
>>133441390
They help misdirect the sound, so it's harder to identify the source.

Silencers only make sense in the context you want to shoot and kill people and not be found immediately while doing so.
>>
>>133440956
Absolutely zero.

Republicans only pander to the gun community because it's the only voting bloc they have locked down. But they don't actually care about gun rights.

Not that these laws are going to matter in 10 years anyways. When everything south of Iowa becomes Brazil II, no one's going to care about how you're getting killed by non-whites.
>>
>>133441390
They spread the energy over a larger interval of time. For anything supersonic, not much of a difference in loudness. Subsonic, you just end up hearing the action, which is still very loud (but not damaging to the ears). Overall, it makes practice much easier on the ears. Really, have silencers covered by the NFA is like putting ear plugs on the list as well.
>>
>>133441465
just the garbage ones, mostly the ones fulla niggers:
>California
>Illinois
>New York
>Massachusetts
>New Jersey
>Delaware
>Hawaii
>Rhode Island
>>
>>133441390
Helps prevent hearing loss.
>>
>>133441185
There's a $200 tax on them.

FDR put this tax on suppressors, short rifles/shotguns, explosives, and machine guns. It was intended mostly as an anti-mafia measure.
>>
>>133441659
Some European countries allow or even require suppressors because of noise ordinances. desu I should probably get one so I can shoot in my back yard instead of having to drive half an hour to the range.
>>
>>133440956
i dunno
what are the chances trump to fulfill him promise to get rid of this dumbass law the first day hes in office?
fuck this orange lying nigger time for a new president
>>
>>133441659
Somewhat. Like legally do-it-yourself-able "flash hiders", they just direct more of it forwards. However, the shockwave of the bullet itself cannot be re-directed or completely silenced, even if subsonic.

On the political side of this issue - this for me is more about allowing to exist a framework of legislation that attempts to regulate the geometry of an object. In other words: Completely absurd.
>>
>>133441659
Yeah no. Suppressors are excellent hearing protection devices. Unless you have quality (expensive) suppressors with specific ammunition in certain weapons, they're still fucking loud. Just not burst-your-eardrums loud.
>>
>>133442009
>what are the chances trump to fulfill him promise to get rid of this dumbass law the first day hes in office?
sauce, larping dixiefag?
>>
>>133441659
Thanks guy who knows Jack shit about silencers
>>
>>133441659
t. has never fired a rifle ever.
>>
File: a true smoker right here.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
a true smoker right here.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>>133441185
It's a NFA item. You can buy them here, you just have to fill out a little extra paperwork.
This bill would get rid of the extra paperwork.
>>
>>133442168
They fuck up accuracy though, right?
>>
>>133441914
And illegal in entire states and many counties and innumerable cities.

Where legal it can take almost a year before you actually can own what you bought.
>>
File: 149764774458612.jpg (63KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
149764774458612.jpg
63KB, 500x529px
>>133442204
are you that much of a libshit that sucked trumps dick after he won?
go watch his election rallies again he SPECIFICALLY promised to get rid of all these dumbass laws THE FIRST DAY HE'S IN OFFICE

ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS
FUCK THIS LYING ORANGE NIGGER
>>
>>133442611
>idiot doesn't know that all the cool guys keep the cigarette in their mouths during shootouts
>>
File: 1486343261772.gif (558KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486343261772.gif
558KB, 500x375px
>>133442735
>>
File: British Police.jpg (97KB, 838x628px) Image search: [Google]
British Police.jpg
97KB, 838x628px
>>133441558

Guns aren't illegal in the UK. Its just really difficult to get a licence for anything more than a double barreled shotgun.

Straight pull rifles and pistol carbines are fairly common.

Good video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRKIDk_bj78

>>133441465
>>133441914

Ah that sucks. Well we are almost made take them as standard if our firearms are to be used outside of a range.

People are so terrified and unused to firearms in our countries that if you're even using a .22 for pest control, you can very easily end up with an armed emergency response unit breaking down your doors. So having a suppressor is advised.
>>
File: steve-king-border-wall.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
steve-king-border-wall.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>133440956
>Steve King
God damn this guy is fucking great.
>>
>>133442644
they do not
>>
>>133441390

SHALL

>>133441659

NOT

>>133441914

INFRINGE

Actually, the tax exists because FDR and his communist cronies originally wanted an outright handgun ban, but when they couldn't achieve this goal they "settled" for small rifles/shotguns/whatever else their kikey hands could regulate.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499838658399.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499838658399.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>>133441816
>mfw hawaii
Someone please fix it before we unironically go broke over a stupid rail project that is economically impossible while being funded by vehicle tax, income tax, and property tax. Seriously, fuck these brain dead dems for not knowing basic economics.
>>
File: 1383147757709.jpg (8KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
1383147757709.jpg
8KB, 250x192px
>>133443517
>fb image
>>
>>133442871
>People are so terrified and unused to firearms in our countries that if you're even using a .22 for pest control, you can very easily end up with an armed emergency response unit breaking down your doors. So having a suppressor is advised.
when I travelled to europe for a gamedev event last year I was blown away by just how big of a pussy the average euro is about guns. when I told them my family had no less than fifteen guns of varying age and quality in the house, they looked at me like I was a serial killer. many of them would then go on to espouse views that video games had too many guns in them, and that guns were morally wrong and "lazy design"—even cartoony or sci-fi ones.

God bless this great country.
>>
File: LibHyp6.jpg (88KB, 800x684px) Image search: [Google]
LibHyp6.jpg
88KB, 800x684px
>>133443352

Wow, FDR really does sound like an asshole the more I learn about him.
>>
>>133443776
Anon can you not? We can still have our 30 round mags for our +17 inch barrel rifles here in socio-commie hawaii
>>
>>133442644
Older ones did because they scraped the sides of bullets to slow them down. Modern suppressors tend to help accuracy due to reducing recoil and noise.
>>
>>133442644
Yeah... In video games.

Truth is: if you use subsonic Ammo your range decreases (thereby altering ballistics and accuracy @ mid-long ranges) due to lowered muzzle velocity in order to prevent the round from breaking the sound barrier which would defeat the purpose of the silencer.

You can still use a silencer with standard ammo, which would return the gun to it's original accuracy, but the ammo breaks the sound barrier, defeating the purpose of the silencer.

I guess you could say it fucks up accuracy, but only in the sense that it requires you to use less accurate ammunition in order to attain as close to silent operation as possible
>>
>>133440956
>BILL BY STEPHEN FUCKING KING

IT WRITES ITSELF
>>
>>133442644
There is a marginal increase in bullet velocity due to it practically extending the barrel. You may have to adjust your zero accordingly.
>>
>>133440956
>Steve King
Isn't that the same guy that said you can't save the west with someone else's babies? Nice
>>
>>133443818
He's the closest thing to a dictator we've ever had. Ironic, considering how his fans view Trump.
>>
File: steve-king.jpg (22KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
steve-king.jpg
22KB, 534x401px
>>133444198
Steve "electrified border wall" King
>>
>>133440956
They are legal in iowa
>>
>>133444198
:^)
https://archive.is/8dsxZ
>On Tuesday, the House Appropriations Committee introduced a spending bill that would allocate $1.6 billion toward building the wall separating the U.S. from Mexico. The funding is part of the total $13.8 billion for Customs and Border Protection.
>King said he supports the spending measure, but he would prefer an additional $5 billion for the wall — and suggested taking the extra funding from Planned Parenthood and federal welfare programs.
>“I would find half of a billion dollars of that right out of Planned Parenthood's budget," he told the Examiner. "And the rest of it could come out of food stamps and the entitlements that are being spread out for people that haven't worked in three generations."
>>
File: Dub Fags.jpg (759KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dub Fags.jpg
759KB, 1080x1080px
>>133443791

Yeah that's a pretty accurate assessment of the situation. Whenever there is a black killed or mass shooting in the US the media here blow their load and most people are incredibly condescending about Americans.

People view me as some sort of militant because I have 6 guns and worst of all one of them is...wait for it....a Walther P22. That resulted in my sister-in-law never allowing her kids in my house.

I have to store all my firearms disassembled and my ammunition in a separate safe I'm also subjected to a random inspection once per year. I'm lucky that my local Garda sergeant is a good friend who rubber stamps most things for me no problem but most firearms enthusiasts aren't so fortunate.

Even in my club we are incredibly careful with who we let join. They have to spend a year with a member, only using club owned firearms and no pictures are allowed be taken. This is because another club had one of their members show off his pistol on social media and they lost their licence to operate.

I love America for its freedoms, my family have a holiday home in Vermont and I've been seriously thinking of making my home there. This country here is gone to the dogs.
>>
>>133444605
read the rest of the thread idiot >>133441816 plus tax stamps
>>
>>133441659

>Silencers only make sense in the context you want to shoot and kill people and not be found immediately while doing so.

Or you want to be polite to other people nearby and keep your and other people's hearing intact.
>>
>>133441659
If that were the case than why haven't more mass shootings involved suppressors?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.