[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global warming is real

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: de_ice.jpg (16KB, 526x296px) Image search: [Google]
de_ice.jpg
16KB, 526x296px
What's that? Global warming is a myth?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/scientists-massive-iceberg-broken-off-antarctica-48584201

Checkmate retards.
>>
I seriously hope Mother Nature saves(kills) us from Sharia hell. It's about our last hope at this point.
>>
>>133431999
i'm sure there'd be enough people to start a nationalist party and actually gain a good amount of voters.
>>
You can't attribute this event to Climate Change. It's the same logic that says you can't attribute an abnormally strong Hurricane to Climate Change. Yes, it's possible ocean temperatures rising played some role, but you can't use this as a smoking gun of anthropogenic climate change's greater impact.

Source: I literally have a degree in meteorology and climate science.
>>
>>133433152
Then what did it? Scientists say that lots of pieces of ice have been breaking off from the sea shelf at an alarming rate?
>>
>>133431480
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>133433405
Ozone depletion from the sun's radiation
>>
>>133433405
Calving happens to iceburgs naturally. Like I said, oceans warming definitely played some role in this happening, but you can't blame it all on climate change.

>>133433652
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>133431480
This pic has been going around for years...
>>
>>133431480
Op did you read the article? Second to last paragraph states that the calving can't be correlated to "climate change or human activities"
>>
>>133433152

Did you go to PSU
>>
>>133433778
b-but w-what if i'm r-right?
>>
>>133431480

That's nice dear.
>>
>>133431480
AN ISLAND WILL DRIFT AWAY
>>
>>133431480
>Global warming is a myth?
Yes, it is.

>Checkmate retards.
Okay then, prove it broke off solely due to human impact upon the environment and prove that the ice shelf breaking off is a bad thing.

>>133433405
>Then what did it?
Nature.

>Scientists say that lots of pieces of ice have been breaking off from the sea shelf at an alarming rate?
And they're getting paid to say that. If they say otherwise, their careers are ruined.
>>
>>133434270
No. They have a good program though, but I didn't like how large it was.

>>133434315
You're right in the sense that we should be alarmed and study this new iceberg, but you simply cannot point to this specific event and yell "climate change!".
>>
>>133434531
my point was people point to climate change as being man made but it probably would've happened anyways.

I dont know shit about climate change though so I'm just spouting non sense cause I'm autistic
>>
A
>>
File: 1493731332060.jpg (107KB, 687x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493731332060.jpg
107KB, 687x900px
>>133431480
>>133431999
>>133432609
>>133433405
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 750x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 750x603px
>>133434467
Full Prophecy pls
>>
>>133434517
>And they're getting paid to say that. If they say otherwise, their careers are ruined.

Scientists get paid to do science. I can tell you from a personal experience that anyone involed in the industry of climate science or meteorology gets paid shit, especially if they're a researcher or professor. Only high paying jobs I've seen in the government revolving around that are for severe weather forecasting such as the National Hurricane Center. Their careers aren't ruined if they post things that are controversial as long as their papers are sound and provide evidence that backs their claims.
Many climate scientists that try to downplay the role anthropogenic climate change is playing or try to out-right deny it's careers are ruined because it comes out that they were paid to publish that study to support corporations with an interest in denying the impacts of climate change. That, or they aren't even someone that studies the climate or are just pulling things out of their ass.
>>
>>133434736
It would have happened anyways through MANY years due to the climates natural cycles, but we may have sped that process up significantly by warming the oceans. The extent we may have is unknown, but its very reasonable to suggest that we could have.
>>
>>133431480
You realize this shit is normal and expected regardless of temperature deviations, right?
>>
Al Gore has a full on boner right now. Planning his 3rd movie right now.
>>
File: lol groundhog.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol groundhog.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>133431480
Glaciers calving means the glacier is growing.
If the temperatures were really rising the glaciers would recede.
From somebody who actually paid attention during 7th grade Earth science class.
>>
>>133431480
>he thinks humans can control the weather
Lol
>>
>>133433405
You mean scientists have been cutting shelves from the landmass
>>
>>133435728
Checkmate global warmists. Anon single handedly proved it false using year 7 knowledge
>>
>>133435288
>Scientists get paid to do science.
And any real science (ie" politically incorrect subjects) aren't getting funded.

There is no real science being done in the fields of race, gender, sexuality, global warming (that doesn't revolve around mankind's involvement) or the holocaust. Those fields are too politically correct to allow something like the truth to affect them.
>>
File: IMG_7311.png (84KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7311.png
84KB, 800x604px
>>133431480
>Ice breaks
Woah guys global warming confirmed correct!!!!!!
>>
>>133431480
You see Anon, the problem with your post is it leaves the jews alive. This simply cannot pass because jews gave women the right to vote which destroyed our society because women are pets and you just don't let your dog run a country. I mean who does that, c'mon.
>>
>>133435288
>climate scientists that try to downplay the role anthropogenic climate change is playing or try to out-right deny it's careers are ruined
This is absolutely true. Maybe science as an idealistic concept isn't biased, but the normal, everyday men and women who work on studies, and the people deciding where money goes are biased as hell. There simply is no funding for someone who wants to question the gaps in the official narrative.
>>
>>133431480
You fools! This isn't just any sort of breakage, it is the Old One rising from beneath the arctic grave that the lost city of R'lyeh was settled under. Lovecraft proposed the location of the city was somewhere in the Pacific, but this is what he wanted us to believe, to spare us from the truth. We are doomed, I say, doomed!
>>
"Well, this person is clearly an uneducated individual going around thinking the claving glaciers are a sign of the glacier reducing in size. I mean, chip-offs by all logic clearly would not. . .

(Sees flag)

Fuckin' leaves man.
>>
>>133431480
>shill intentionally conflating acc with cc
oh fuck off.

We're being slid hard, faggots. TeaLeaves General -- the unravelling of the Russia narrative ends with Obongo in shackles!
>>133399352
>>133399352
>>133399352
>>
>>133434467
*gulp*
>>
>>133431480
>ice melted in summer
FUUGG
>>
>>133435728
It's okay to be wrong. I actually didn't learn this until a college course.

>>133435890
>>133436235
You don't go out doing research to try and disprove everything that has been building up in a field through decades. There's no theory that's proposed that would immediately disprove everything we know about radiation budgeting and transfer, albedo effects, atmospheric dynamics of heat distribution, etc
>>
>>133436994
>ou don't go out doing research to try and disprove everything that has been building up in a field through decades.
It's "building up" because only one opinion is allowed in mainstream science.

It's like with the Holocaust. "Science" claims the Holocaust is an undeniable fact.
But if you provide evidence that the Holocaust is a lie, your life is ruined.
So of course there's only mainstream evidence that "proves" the Holocaust "happened."

If the science regarding "global warming" wasn't so biased and politicized, I might be more open to the consideration that global warming a) exists and b) is human caused.

But because we're almost to the point where you're thrown in prison for denying climate change, you're damn right I'm going to deny it because all it does is give more power, money and control to the anti-White globalists.

>oy vey you're a science denier
damn straight.
>>
>>133437724
I agree that 'global warming' is too politicized, but you can blame your precious oil and dirty energy companies for that one. The topic became politicized because it was in such great interests for these companies to try and favor the topic towards outright denying that 'climate change' is happening, to then trying to downplay the magnitude of greenhouse gasses' effects on longwave radiation.

You aren't not getting funding for wanting to go against 'mainstream science', you're not getting funding because your thesis is retarded.
The way you disprove something like this in the field is you propose a thesis on something like the effect that El Nino's oscillations of temperature in the Pacific Ocean are having on cloud cover, surface temperature, water vapor content, etc. Then, who knows, maybe you discover something in your research that says that you can attribute some of our recent spikes in temperature to a significant El Nino event, or that El Nino occurs in longer time-frame periods and is causing our recent warming trend.

Much of the research that could disprove any of this is in paleoclimate as that's where the largest error exists in accuracy of temperature estimates from proxies. But I'm not surprised that you probably have no idea that there's plenty of funding in that area of research.
>>
>>133438625
>I agree that 'global warming' is too politicized, but you can blame your precious oil and dirty energy companies for that one.
No, I'll stick it on the SJW's that want to give even more power and control to the globalist governments.

>You aren't not getting funding for wanting to go against 'mainstream science', you're not getting funding because your thesis is retarded.
Because the mainstream says so.

Everyone on /pol/ knows the Holocaust didn't happen (and we have the proof to back that up) yet no real mainstream research is done on it because your life is ruined if you come to any other conclusion than "the Holocaust happened exactly as the Jews said it did."

Same goes with man-made global warming.
>>
File: climatefreak2.jpg (1MB, 1776x1797px) Image search: [Google]
climatefreak2.jpg
1MB, 1776x1797px
Shoo shoo Climate Freak
>>
>>133439114
>>133439114
>Because the mainstream says so.

No.. because you have to learn how actual research is done and you propose a study. The government is not going to fund you to explicitly go out and waste time trying to prove something that --time and time again-- has fallen short or turned out to just be a blatant lie with some oil company money behind it.

You get funded for research by delving into a new topic.

Stop comparing this to the Holocaust... that's a historical event where there's only so much evidence that can back up one side or not. This is a discussion about research into a scientific field, not research into proving or disproving a conspiracy theory.
>>
File: climatejews.jpg (1MB, 2243x682px) Image search: [Google]
climatejews.jpg
1MB, 2243x682px
The UN is like a toilet and it's become clogged to the brim with Climate Freaks. Sad! We need to unclog the toilet or get rid of it there is no other option
>>
>>133431480
>>133431480
>>133431480

Global warming naturally occurs every 30000 years, it has nothing to do with humans and even if it does, no jewish tricks will save us from it kthxbye
>>
>>133435878
And that's why IKEA is so cheap
>>
Its not that I dont believe in Global Warming, its that the greatest traitors and enemies to the United States own trillions of dollars of property on the coasts. Keep on truckin baby let that carbon add up.
>>
>>133439646
>No.. because you have to learn how actual research is done and you propose a study.
And if its politically incorrect you don't get that funding.

> The government is not going to fund you to explicitly go out and waste time trying to prove something that
..Because it's politically incorrect.

>--time and time again-- has fallen short or turned out to just be a blatant lie
Just like man made global warming

>with some oil company money behind it.
But when its an environmentalist group, or someone like Soros or Al Gore, that's perfectly fine isn't it?

>that's a historical event where there's only so much evidence that can back up one side or not.
But there's literally no evidence that proves the Holocaust happened.

>This is a discussion about research into a scientific field, not research into proving or disproving a conspiracy theory.
Man made global warming is a conspiracy theory though.
>>
File: 1499461222226.gif (25KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1499461222226.gif
25KB, 112x112px
>>133431480
>ice melt
>the water covers land
>cools down planet

>new ice age

this is somehow twisted into the Orwellian newspeak "global warming"

Really makes you think.
>>
>>133440267
Take the time to actually read up on the subject and maybe we can have a discussion some other time where you don't fall back on the same 3 arguments of which you provide absolutely no support for.

I love conspiracy theories too, but you need to be able to look at things objectively.
>>
Climate change deniers should be fucking shot. Conservationism is conservatism.
>>
>>133440711
>Take the time to actually read up on the subject
You mean you want me to unconditionally trust everything mainstream science tells me even though they've been proven time and time again to have a bias and an agenda (that incidentally will destroy my people, my culture and my people's homelands)?

Nah.

>I love conspiracy theories too,
Do you believe the Holocaust happened?
>>
>>133431480
funny this happens around the time new info and measurements give evidence global warming is a hoax, a scheme, fraud, ect.

maybe this iceberg was a giant piece fo FUCKING ICE on top of an ocean connected to a piece of land and the bastard was simply too heavy from snowfall and ice accumulation to NOT break off eventually?
>>
>>133440953
No. Read some textbooks on the subject, take some college courses, learn a thing or two. Then, once you have enough knowledge to justifiably take a stance, you should read some new scientific papers and read some of the widely cited ones that climate deniers often cite and you'll discover their flaws.

As for the Holocaust question, I think something happened but the numbers could have been exaggerated, but I've only ever glanced over 1 thread on the subject while I was taking a shit.

Good luck
>>
>>133435288
>Scientists get paid to do science.

>I need money to research the effects of trees in the south east!
Nah! No funding!
>I need money to research the effects of trees in the south east in regards to global warming!"
BRAVO! TAKE ALL OUT MONEY!!!
>>
>What is salinity and how does it work?
>>
>>133441324
>Read some textbooks on the subject
Aka mainstream indoctrination documents.

>take some college courses
You mean go to the liberal anti-White indoctrination center and be brainwashed?

Nah.

Guess what? Just because it's college doesn't mean its the truth.

>As for the Holocaust question, I think something happened but the numbers could have been exaggerated,
You know that makes you a holocaust denier?

>but I've only ever glanced over 1 thread on the subject while I was taking a shit.
So in other words, you're too cowardly to actually investigate the matter?
>>
>>133437724
"global warming" is real and it is happening.
the spot im sitting in right now was under half a mile of solid ice 12000 years ago.
global warming is undeniable.

opf course in a few decades, to maybe a century, the trend will reverse and we will begin a 12000 year cooling trend, so buy warm jackets.

the "anthropogenicness" of "global warming" is the question that must be debated, unfortunately only one side is allowed to speak or present evidence, which usually means the guys talking are full of shit.

meanwhile, IPCC report 5 is seriously backpedaling on the "science" and the "consensus"

IPCC 4 claimed the climate warmed 2 degrees C in the last 100 years and almost all of it was "man made"

IPCC 5 claims the climate warmed 0.5 degrees C in the last 50 years and ~50% of it was "man made"

25% of the warming over 50% of the time scale, and 50% of the anthropogenicness...

sounds like "The Science is Settled" may be just a slogan.
>>
>>133441324
When, if ever, do you think climate scientists will have a predictive model for C02 & average temperature?
>>
File: IMG_1145.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>133442709
>>133442709
There are models. But they are based on so many different boundary conditions as well and they are always being tweaked. I actually Did some research with one of the high resolution climate models that's being developed and it's astounding.

>>133441978
I've been to an ipcc meeting and to argue that the science is not settled is not really true. The main part that is "unsettled" is how do we improve the models, which comes to more computation power.

Also this is me on my phone.
>>
>>133435602
You have no clue, do you?
>>
Go Watch Tony Keller videos on youtube. Follow Stevegoddard on twitter. He explains all of this bullshit.

In the 50s, part of Antarctica broke off - it was huge, size of a few new england states. This is nothing new you dumbass. Its the outer area of the arctic. Its weaker there.

Let me guess, a tornado next week is caused by global warming as well.
>>
>>133440936
Come and get me. Bring all your friends too.
>>
>>133433652
fuck you
>>
Climate change is happening though, the debate is whether its man made and if it is what can we do about it. At the least maybe we can genetically engineer ourselves to adapt to the new temperatures.
>>
>>133446165
You're correct about geo-engineering. That's going to be the big buzz word in probably 10 years. There's a lot of political issues that will arise out of it too, such as what happens if we cloud seed over the northern Atlantic and something goes wrong causing a mass cloud coverage over Ireland and ruins their potato season. Are we responsible?

That's what comes from weather being too unpredictable. That's why I find it so interesting the shit Alex jones ends up unearthing, because what he claims is evidence of weather modification is just us secretly testing geoengineering so we don't get fucked if we cause something unwanted with it.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.