[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Fourth Turning

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: fourthturning.jpg (37KB, 230x346px) Image search: [Google]
fourthturning.jpg
37KB, 230x346px
Is it about to rip apart the western world?
>>
explain or die
>>
>>133397223
We've been in the 4th turning since like 2001

I think we have like 5 years left
>>
Some say yes.

I say no happenings.
>>
>>133397223
This is one of Steve Bannon's all time favorite books, he said it's shaped his worldview, it must be good.
>>
>>133397223
bannon and miller will save us
>>
>>133397223

9/11 kicks off the crisis mood in an already polarized political climate

In the following years the us enters its largest war in 40 years committing unprecedented men and money into forieghn conflict and curtailing liberties at home to combat an existential threat.

Unprecedented milliterism, political polerazation, economic collapse, and drastic measures to "save the nation"

Remember the turnings are about societies reactions to events not the events themselves. The left literally thinks this is the end of freedom because trump was elected and we could very well be facing widespread political violence and/or a major war in the next couple years.

We are in a 4th turning and have been for nearly 16 years. Not every crisis is like ww2, that one was especially cinematic.

Also keep in mind the crisis puts he lid on the major issues brought up during the awakening.

Race, gender, homosexuals, social accetability of odd behavior, role of government and government corruption and military interventionism.

Everything going on today originally began back in the 60's

All this chaos is our society trying to find a concensus

And we will find one weather you like it or not
>>
>>133397223
I couldn't get behind this book. Way too pseudosciency. People will always listen when someone claims to predict the future
>>
I think we skipped the Hero generation, like with the Civil war.
>>
>>133397408
cycles of history, much like the great men easy times soft men hard times thing. Apparently the worst is to come, 202X.
>>
>>133398771
If you look at the civil war a little more critically it still fits the model

Start the crisis in the 1850's stretch it out through a big chunk of reconstruction (johnsons impeachment, corrupt grant admin, rise of the kkk) and it fits just fine

The authors themselves were to busy trying to make the civil war fit ww2's model

This crisis isn't as sever as ww2 probably because of how powerful the USA is wih no serious forieghn threats.

This crisis is more cultural/social than outright war although plenty of war and rioting has occurred
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.