[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favorite Founding Father of America?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (978KB, 1585x1993px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
978KB, 1585x1993px
Who is your favorite Founding Father of America?
>>
>>133329609
Madison. They all had at least one decent thing to contribute.
>>
I find myself liking Benjamin Rush a good deal.

Anecdote by Benjamin Rush, signer of the Declaration of Independence:

"I sat next to John Adams in Congress, and upon my whispering to him and asking him if he thought we should succeed in our struggle with Great Britain, he answered me, 'Yes – if we fear God and repent of our sins.' This anecdote will, I hope, teach my boys that it is not necessary to disbelieve Christianity or to renounce morality in order to arrive at the highest political usefulness or fame."

>Benjamin Rush, Letters of Benjamin Rush, L. H. Butterfield, editor (New Jersey: American Philosophical Society, 1951), Vol. I, pp. 532-536, to John Adams, February 24, 1790.
>>
>>133330081
They talked way more good than we do now
>>
>>133329609
Tha nigga one

That docta brotha

he put peanut butter and health care in da constatution
>>
File: franklin.jpg (33KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
franklin.jpg
33KB, 400x387px
>>
>>133329609

Jackson.
>>
>>133329609
Jefferson specifically because of his pro-agrarian/rural society opposed to urbanization movements which leach resources into cities.
>>
>>133330917
was not a founding father
>>
>>133331071
this
>>
>>133329609
I don't really know. I want to know who the based redpilled founding fathers were, but they only tell us about the founding fathers who were on "the right side of history." Even the ones who owned slaves are depicted as having had qualms about it and being unable to challenge the political reality of the institution of slavery. What they never tell us is which founding fathers were the ones who made these prospective challenges impossible. It's never stuff like "James Winchester of Virginia delivered an impassioned speech before congress in which he discouraged other southern legislators from accepting Talmadge's plan because it 'infringed on the God-given right of the white man to own slaves' in the new western territories"
>>
Why not all?
>>
File: 1440195400202.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440195400202.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
>>133329609
Washington. Scalped some frenchfags and basically started the french indian war. Then got the French to help him fuck the British in the revolution. The guy fucked over two of the worlds greatest empires at the time and got off scot free
>>
My favorite is probably Madison but more people need to read about John Marshall. I have mixed feelings about him since he was a stalwart federalist but he was still instrumental in establishing the constitution as the supreme law of the land in practice and implementing the judical branch as a means to check the power of legislative and executive branches.
>>
Jefferson
>>
File: uqLE65o.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
uqLE65o.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
Vladimir Putin
>>
File: madison.jpg (3KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
madison.jpg
3KB, 203x248px
Madison
>wanted to maintain a balance between an actual aristocracy and the great masses of men
>feared the mob as much as the gov't
>didn't partake in hamilton's central gov't worship
>shat on free interpretations of the constitution
>>
Jefferson and franklin
>>
None, they were freemasonic scum
>>
>>133335268
le ebin totalitarian face
>>
>>133329713
How the fuck did colonial America produce so many astoundingly smart men
>>
File: G_Washington.jpg (157KB, 1143x682px) Image search: [Google]
G_Washington.jpg
157KB, 1143x682px
>>133329609
>So likewise, a passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest in cases where no real common interest exists, and infusing into one the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter without adequate inducement or justification. It leads also to concessions to the favorite nation of privileges denied to others which is apt doubly to injure the nation making the concessions; by unnecessarily parting with what ought to have been retained, and by exciting jealousy, ill-will, and a disposition to retaliate, in the parties from whom equal privileges are withheld. And it gives to ambitious, corrupted, or deluded citizens (who devote themselves to the favorite nation), facility to betray or sacrifice the interests of their own country, without odium, sometimes even with popularity; gilding, with the appearances of a virtuous sense of obligation, a commendable deference for public opinion, or a laudable zeal for public good, the base or foolish compliances of ambition, corruption, or infatuation.

>As avenues to foreign influence in innumerable ways, such attachments are particularly alarming to the truly enlightened and independent patriot. How many opportunities do they afford to tamper with domestic factions, to practice the arts of seduction, to mislead public opinion, to influence or awe the public councils. Such an attachment of a small or weak towards a great and powerful nation dooms the former to be the satellite of the latter.
>>
>>133329609
favorite overall: Thomas Jefferson
most underrated: Patrick Henry
most enduring legacy (via Constitution): James Madison

most overrated (especially lately): Alexander Hamilton
>>
>>133329609
Washington is the only correct answer. Be a hipster all you want, but the dude was the front man for a reason. British admirals straight left documentation in letter makes form that the war if 1812 would have happened 10 years earlier, but they didn't want to start shit until Washington died. He was 88 when he did.

>AN ENTIRE COUNTRY HELD OFF ON WAR BECAUSE SOME 85 YEAR OLD GANGSTER WAS STILL KICKING IN VIRGINIA
>>
>>133336112
Virginia aristocracy- second sons of primogeniture
>Jefferson
>Washington
>Madison
>Justice Marshal
>Patrick Henry
>Robert Lee
>General Marshal
>James Cabell
>John Randolph
>George Fitzhugh
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.