[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he /OurGuy/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Stanley-Kubrick[1].png (175KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley-Kubrick[1].png
175KB, 750x400px
Is he /OurGuy/?
>>
>>133253008
I don't think he's anybody's guy. I think he was light years ahead of his time, a visionary in a league of his own. A rare specimen indeed.
>>
>>133253008
He clearly hated everyone. How else can you explain 2001: A Space Odyssey wasting everyone's time with a ten minute black intro with nothing but classical music playing? He DARED us to finish that turtle's excuse for a movie.
>>
>>133253699
The black screen was overture you fucking retard, many movies have it.
>>
>>133253699
He also trolled everybody by removing a prologue and narration over the intro that literally explained the entire movie. It took some digging to find if I can find it and this thread is still up I'll link to those curious
>>
>>133254339
>Wanting 2001 to be a fucking documentary
Why does /pol/ such plebian taste in movies?
>>
>>133253008
He named the Jew. He's /ourdirector/
He took the heavy redpills literally half a century ago and tried to show us w/ film.
>>
>>133254806
I'm not saying it made the movie any better/worse, just that it would have eliminated the ensuing 50 years of guess work lmao.
>>
>>133255077
What do you mean with "50 years of guess work", the story was meant to be interpreted in any way.
>>
>>133254979
>He named the Jew.
>Kubrick was born in the Lying-In Hospital at 307 Second Avenue in Manhattan, New York City, to a Jewish family.
lolwut?
>>
>>133255443
Kubrick (himself of Jewish descent) frequently removed references to the Jewishness of characters in the novels he adapted.[9] In the case of Eyes Wide Shut, Frederic Raphael (who is also Jewish) wanted to keep the Jewish background of the protagonists, but Kubrick insisted that they should be "vanilla" Americans, without any details that would arouse any presumptions. The director added that Bill should be a "Harrison Ford-ish goy" (though Ford's mother was Jewish), and created the surname of Harford as an allusion to the actor.[10] This is reflected in the way the film's Bill Harford is taunted by college students when going home in the morning. In the film, Bill is taunted with homophobic slurs. In the novella, these boys are recognized to be members of an anti-Semitic college fraternity.[9][11] Kubrick's co-screenwriter, Frederic Raphael, in an introduction to a Penguin Classics edition of Dream Story, writes "Fridolin is not declared to be a Jew, but his feelings of cowardice, for failing to challenge his aggressor, echo the uneasiness of Austrian Jews in the face of Gentile provocation."[12]
>>
>>133255443
>lolwut?
He named, The Jew.
>>
>>133255575
Frederic Raphael, who co-authored the Eyes Wide Shut script with Kubrick, recalled that the director once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything", and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the Eyes Wide Shut script. Kubrick's bizarre relationship to his own ethnicity deeply troubled Raphael, a fellow Jew. Raphael was further puzzled over Kubrick's cryptic praise for Hitler, unable to decide if Kubrick was jesting. Raphael was equally puzzled by Kubrick's trashing of Schindler's List. After Raphael mentioned Schindler’s List, Kubrick replied: “Think that's about the Holocaust? That was about success, wasn't it? The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. 'Schindler's List’ is about 600 who don’t."[4] Kubrick's friend Steven Spielberg, the director of the film, disbelievingly responded that he "didn't recognize the voice of Stanley" in Raphael's interviews.[5]
>>
>>133255443
>lolwut?
Being this retarded.
>>
>>133255443
He's pretty much one of the first people that I think of when I hear "self-hating Jew"
>>
>>133253699

Never attempt to discuss film again you pleb
>>
>>133253008
https://youtu.be/aG1Jd3PF-JU
>>
>>133255301
>You're free to speculate as you wish about the philosophical and allegorical meaning of the film—and such speculation is one indication that it has succeeded in gripping the audience at a deep level—but I don't want to spell out a verbal road map for 2001 that every viewer will feel obligated to pursue or else fear he's missed the point.
>Neither of the two creators equated openness to interpretation with meaninglessness
>"...The very nature of the visual experience in 2001 is to give the viewer an instantaneous, visceral reaction that does not—and should not—require further amplification."
It was directed with a specific interpretation in mind, the fact that the non-verbal style of the film led to a sort of open interpretation was just a bonus.
>>
>>133256211
He literally says in the first sentence "You're free to speculate as you wish about the philosophical and allegorical meaning of the film" implying that the story is open for interpretation.
>>
>>133253008
he can come to wh and fuck melanomia any time
>>
>>133253008
he was a kike. the word of a kike word is worthless.
>>
>>133257250
>he was a kike. the word of a kike word is worthless.
You are the real kike.
>>
>>133257250
See
>>133255575
>>133255629
>>
>>133258090
may be, that's why i know
>>
>>133257250
>Bobby Fischer
>>
>>133258090
>>133258263
Shhhhhh guys.
When a German flag is showing this much antisemitism it's a net good.
Don't discourage him, even if he's directing it towards /ourdirector/
>>
>>133258812
No, he's still a faggot, being an antisemetic german doesn't change that.
>>
>>133259526
>he's still a faggot, being an antisemetic german doesn't change that
it totally does change it in my book
>>
>>133259705
Your book is shit, plebians are faggots no matter what.
>>
>>133255707
>not Bobby Fischer
>>
File: SadMan.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
SadMan.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>>133260018
>fuckin kekistanis
>>
Redpill me on his last film, Eyes Wide Shut. I've heard a lot about it and was planning to watch it soon with friends.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.