[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your thoughts on art schools?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 29

File: 07.jpg (161KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
161KB, 800x533px
>>
Good modern artists use the web to promote sell and actually fucking produce art.

Bad modern artists go to art schools.
>>
>>133247410
any more of thoose art pictures?
>>
some it may help, some not..
>>
>>133247619
All right, let's see your art
>>
File: 1352058812815.png (406KB, 1170x666px) Image search: [Google]
1352058812815.png
406KB, 1170x666px
>>
No school teaches anything of value. Things of value are self taught.
>>
>>133247410
(((Art)))
>>
>>133248394
This picture right here personifies the art major student.

Go to any art school with a sculpture department and you will find the true rejects of this society. You thought NEETS were bad? Try a 20 year old college student being publicly funded to make the type of shit seen in that picture.
>>
File: local man nukes.jpg (25KB, 540x454px) Image search: [Google]
local man nukes.jpg
25KB, 540x454px
These schools should be nuked.
>>
File: 1483426609211.png (14KB, 625x582px) Image search: [Google]
1483426609211.png
14KB, 625x582px
>>133247410
Music school is alright. You get the liberal students just cause its a university and because its not a STEM degree. Band geeks are all alcoholics tho

actual art, like drawing painting photography and other kike bullshit houses the degenerates. Like Jew Trannies. Gross that man had issues
>>
>>133247410

A real art school? Good if you want to learn the craft but there's really only two good art schools. One is in Russia and the other is in Italy. You'r ebetter off just downloading pdfs of books by Villpu and James Gurney. The hardest part is discipline and unless a school teaches you that it's no good. also fuck everyone that image. Those aren't artists those are hipsters who will all probably give up after a year when they realize they don't wanna spend 16 hours drawing feet and go into photography because it takes a lot less effort.
>>
File: 1490078310747.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490078310747.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>133247410
Let's try a different setting for a change...
>>
>>133251004
what the hell
>>
File: 2b.gif (1MB, 300x448px) Image search: [Google]
2b.gif
1MB, 300x448px
it was always full of shit but the musicians who attended it before mid 80s ended up doing great works that would be labelled as "cultural appropiative" today
>>
>>133247410

Unlike most of the people that will reply to this thread, I actually went to art school. I won't name the school, but I'll answer any questions if anyone is interested.

Art schools with a commercial focus (ones that teach you to make real art that people actually use in entertainment media and such) are fine -
Pixar, Disney, etc, recruit their talent from such schools. If you need an example of commercial artwork, pick up any object in your home. Somewhere, some artist designed some part of it, whether it's the color and shape of your toaster or the diagrams in your vibrator's instruction manual. The world requires a constant supply of decent, legible artwork to make our lives bearable.

The vast majority of art schools, however, are time-and-money-wasting garbage intended to separate suckers from their money - a place where mommy and daddy's precious little angels can go for four years to learn how to make sculptures about their transition into a new gender they made up the night before.

But, you know, 90% of everything is shit - so this shouldn't be surprising.
>>
>>133248329
You don't have to be an artist to notice a trend on the same way I don't have to be a chef to notice the my cooking is shit
>>
>>133247410
Americans are so degenerate they married their slaves so their children became slaves too, what a shitty people
>>
File: vs170404-008.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vs170404-008.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>133247410
Going to need more examples of this very specific type of 'art' OP, for research purposes of course.

>degenerate and proud
>>
>>133251808

>redhead
>perfect body

hnnng
>>
File: Degeneracy_isn't_real.jpg (332KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Degeneracy_isn't_real.jpg
332KB, 640x640px
I live near a very important art school, the students are the most fucking degenerate xer-kin druggies I have ever seen, not to mention their "art" is tasteless fucking garbage that is hailed as "Brave" and other shit in their 50k a year hugbox. This is what Theodosius II, Majorian or Stilicho must have felt like.
>>
>>133247410
Absolute liberal shitholes.
After I graduated high school, I took a year off and then got into an art college in Milwaukee. Holy shit, niggers, faggots, and spergs everywhere. The girls were either fat and disgusting or had purple dreadlocked hair and tattoos. I dropped out after three weeks on the brink of suicide.
>>
>>133252718
What were you even thinking? Lemme join fucking art college?
>>
Glorified money guzzling schemes. In NYC there are several top tier art schools that I visited - I noticed a trend where most of the students were wealthy (these schools don't really offer scholarships outside of maybe a handful of kids per year) and their work was beyond inadequate. Knowing friends who went to art school (Pratt, RISD, etc), they were all talented and motivated before attending and would have produced the same quality of work had they not attended - all of them actually admitted that they didn't learn much, learned a lot more doing side projects outside of class and would not have gone if their parents didn't foot the absurd tuition. The only thing they said the school provided was contacts through the professor (one animates for Fox, another worked on PS3 games). Since I don't come from wealthy parents like them I went the self-taught route and promote myself online - most of my contacts did the same and make enough money to live decently without a degree.

The current trend in art schools is basically telling any dick and Jane that they are awesome even if they can't draw for squat and traditionalist teaching is being replaced with abstract performance crap. Anyone who wants to go to art school should realize that it's a scam and if they really want to spend money for instruction they should pay for an atelier instead - it's way cheaper (like $800-$3k for a 2-6+month intensive course vs. 200k for 4 years) and the teachers are actually skilled and will teach you want you need to know to get into the industry.
>>
>>133247410
I paint animu for a living and i can tell you any artist that's actually worth their shit is self taught and knows his basics.

Art schools are just pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>133253018
To add to this there are maybe one or two legitimate art schools in the US, the ones that basically groom artists to work for Disney and Pixar. The rest are commercial garbage and nothing more but glorified day cares with a $50,000/yr bill. You can tell which schools are especially predatory on dumb kids with money because their acceptance rate will be retardedly high - they will take on anyone rich or stupid enough to pay and expect them to either quit after getting bored a year or two into the program or stick around and produce garbage the entire time while being coddled by their professors.
>>
>>133252718
>and then got into an art college in Milwaukee

Where? The Art Institute downtown?

That's not an art college. There are no real art colleges of any kind in Milwaukee. What you went to was a for-profit diploma mill for tards.
>>
It's the emperor's new clothes.
>>
>>133247410
Depends on the school. Places like "The Art Academy" are simply babysitting services for spoiled middle and upper class kids, to soak up those fed based school loans. There are good schools, like The Art Center, Pratt, RIT, The College Of Arts and Crafts in Oakland, where you can get a solid education in art that isn't liberal propaganda and mental masterbation. A lot of state schools have solid art departments too. You'll have to deal with the darling liberal snotfaces no matter what, but you'll get something out of it.
If you want to go hardcore, the private atelier schools are the way to go, to be steeped in classic technique with no post-modernism bullshit.
The only problem is, unless you're going to go into design or commercial art, there are no job prospects with an art degree, and you won't make a dime in the gallery world unless you play their bullshit political games and kiss liberal ass and suck liberal cock. Literally. If you're not gay, a woman, or a minority, the "art world" wants nothing to do with you.
That's why I'm fine with Trump ending the Endowment For The Arts expenditures - nothing of substance comes from them, all they do is foster the dreck and nonsense of "modern art", paying liberal freaks to make mudpies and call it art, on the taxpayer dime.

Go to college to get a degree that will get you a job. Paint or sculpt or whatever in your spare time. That's what I did.
>>
>>133248965
The last time I stepped foot on an Art Academy property, my and my then gf were on our way to something else, but there was an evening showing of their senior class's work.
The top prize winner was literally a pile of twigs. I almost got thrown out for laughing out loud at the "art" on display, much to the displeasure of the tattooed and dyed hair crowd there pulling each other's dicks about how cool and talented they all were.
>>
>>133253018
This guy gets it.

I'm a practicing commercial artist. I've been working for ten years.

I've had my eyes opened especially int he last few years as to how education works, and why so many of my lecturers were useless wastes of space.
Anyone can teach with an MA. Once you have your Masters, you're part of this inner circle, where they bring you back in a lot. Money is very good.
Genuinely from people I know, maybe 5% of these lecturers are actually successful artists.

I only have a BA, I've done some guest spots, but if I actually want to teach students good advice and practical skills, I can't. Because I'm good enough to make my own money and not need to go into even more education. It's a strange scheme.

The only thing my studies really bought me was time. I would have probably have become a commercial artist without studying, it would have just taken longer.
Everyone teaching is more or less a failure, and they WANT more students. They're flooding the fucking market with these useless cunts! It's good for failures, bad for people trying to make ends meet.

Very occasionally I get sniffed out by people. I'm referred to as "an old soul" because of glimpses of my character and viewpoints. I can't reveal my power level or personal opinions within this industry.

I don't live in London, if you want to make the big bucks and become an international name, you need mummy and daddy's money. You need it for rent, so you can do free internships and worm your way into inner circles. Other people an also sniff out when you're from money, and you really need to be a fake liberal. They fear honesty.
You need the money because it's such a long game to garner success as any kind of artist.

It makes me feel sick. We had people like Alan Moore and a few great cartoonists come up through art labs in the 70s. They didn't need uni, and they had rebelious voices.
>>
>>133247410
I'm at an Art Institute on my GI Bill right now. Not as many SJW types as you'd imagine, I'd say it's honestly 50/50 fairly normal 20-30 year olds and then the rest are flaming homo teens and androgynous dykes.
>>
File: IMG_3032.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3032.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>133247410
modern art was a mistake
>>
>>133251522
No, no, no. The liberals have degerated art into a secret society that only they can belong to, and have to speak their language to understand their "art" - and look down on you plebs who don't get it. I'm not kidding, that's how they think. They think because of their mediocre skills at crafts, they're elite. You can't possibly judge them, you're not as good as them, or part of their clubhouse. How dare you judge them.
It's that mentality that drove me from the art world, since college. I got a BfA, but in illustration, because I actually wanted to make money.

That's the other thing that always amused me about the little tards in the fine art classes - us illustrators were sneered at for wanting to make money. I pointed out to several of them, over the semesters, that if someone wanted to give them a hefty check for their finger paintings, they'd take it in a heart beat. "That's different." How? They could never answer that. They'd just get red faced and flounce outside and glower and smoke cloves with the other tards all dressed in black, with dyed hair.
>>
>>133255148
A few weeks back, I came into contact with some fresh faced students.
Young people have been utterly crushed. They have no spirit.

PC culture/ marxism/post modernism/ feminism has completely crushed any momentum they would have had to make interesting works of art or music. Everyone is either tied up in it, or too scared to make anyhitng incase it's wrong.

I was sat at a table listening to some fucking she/he moaning about how there is no support for LGBT people in the uni. They need to sort the clubs themselves as part of the student union, an they were just looking for people to do it for them, and something to be angry about. It's pathetic.

So many are fat/ trans/ have anxiety issues/ identify as some fucking identity politics term for power.

If I showed any of these kids my underground comics collection, I swear to you, they'd call me a racist, sexist old creep.

We need outrage and fun, and it seems to have manifested itself somewhat in online anonymous culture and memes now.
>>
>>133247410
>going to (((college))) to become an artist
>not just making art yourself
Only cucked shabbos goyim go to art school
>>
>>133252130
>perfect body
Wonky tits.
>>
>>133253018
I read an article a while back that was talking how morekids coming into art classes and schools want to learn traditional media technique...but the schools couldn't find anyone qualified who knew how. We have many generations of art teachers who don't know the basic techniques.
>>
File: 2017-07-11-11-07-52-.jpg (7KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-11-11-07-52-.jpg
7KB, 267x189px
All art schools are gay and artists should be hanged. Go to a design school with portfolio reviews and entrance requirments. There is nothing a designer cant do that a artist can do. But there is nothing an artist can do that a designer can do.
>>
>>133253596
This.
You need to come to some hard truths without looking for empty platitudes from peers to improve.
>>
File: IMG_3034.jpg (175KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3034.jpg
175KB, 1000x751px
>>
>>133247410

I did an arts degree at rutgers. The best lecture I ever got was from Jennifer Aniston on how to make it as an artist.
>>
>>133255601
You are absolutely right, i was just talking about the people's perception of this so called art.
>>
>>133255148
Some things, you really need school, and thestudio environment, like learning technique, and the nuts and bolts of art, like material handling, etc. Some subjects, like color theory, really need to taught in a classroom setting. Figure drawing classes and art history are immensely helpful. Where the wheels fall off are the studio discipline courses, where the agendas come out, like the senior level painting class I took, that we could explore anything we wanted, under the direction and approval of the teacher. This teacher didn't even show up after the first day. She failed anyone who didn't do abstract experessionism, even though it was never stated in the syllabus, or the class description, and she never stated that was a requirement, the few times she actually showed up. We went, as a class, to the dean, and got all of her grades overturned, and he graded us all. He said he was surprised by the level of quality we all did, unsupervised.
She's STILL fucking teaching there. She had tenure, so she couldn't be fired.
>>
File: 77453789345.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
77453789345.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
>>133256198
>>
File: vs170404-012.jpg (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vs170404-012.jpg
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>133255767
>what is gravity
Also big feet amirite?

>>133255609
Young person here.
Not all of us fellow bong.
I weep for most of my generation, but not all.
my sister got an art degree and now works in tattooing, but nobody else from her course got anywhere. She was actually the only one.

She's doing well for herself now, while he rest of her course are probably just like the moaning faggots you mentioned.

>tattoois are degenerate
Maybe, but she is making decent money at it.
>>
>>133255359
Honestly, you wasted your money. I hope you get something from it.

If you're thinking of working commercially, know this - art directors don't think much of Art Institute portfolios.
>>
>>133255601
they think theyre more artistic or pure or whatever because their art isn't solely for profit or some lame bullshit excuse but then all complain about being starving and poor
>>
File: 699.png (661KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
699.png
661KB, 500x700px
>>133247410
>>
>>133256337
Lol
>>
Im attending art school this semester. I dont look forward to it at all tho since it'll likely be full of pretentious faggots and liberals. The only reason I'll attend is that Im too lazy to get an education in somthing I hate
>>
File: Finger_painting_01553.jpg (848KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Finger_painting_01553.jpg
848KB, 2048x1536px
I briefly dated a girl who went to a private art school. Her art was total amateur crap.

Yet being an extremely rich girl who literally got the pony's she asked for for her birthday, and having gone to an exclusive private art school; she easily got a job working for the Smithsonian Museum right out of high school.

The art-community has become a clique of ultra-rich yuppie nimrods all making sh*tty art and setting up galleries for their sh*tty art so their ultra-rich yuppy nimrod friends & relatives whose sh*tty lemming brains accept art as being good when their yuppy peers say it is can attend them and easily afford to pay the bullsh*t prices the nimrod artists pin on their creations.

Suddenly their piece of crap finger painting becomes worth $300k because some multi-millionaire idiot within the art-douche-bag circle can easily dump out $300k like it's nothing.

And so begins the continuum of these exclusive communities of ultra-yuppy artists selling their dump-art for insane prices to the dump-mind nimrod yuppy's whose minds are so demented that they see a fingerpainting as something brilliant.

Then you have art-collectors who buy the art as an investment in future financial gains and the ultra-yuppy douche-bag art-community becomes an unstoppable multi-billion dollar industry.

It's the same exact sociological/financial reality of the fashion industry.

These people are totally demented.
>>
>>133248483
This
>>
>>133251504
Ur a fagget
>>
>>133256603
Don't worry, I get it. Tattooing is fucking hard work.
I have friends that work it, and it's like getting multiple briefs a day, with health and safety and having to pay the rent for a shop.
Also, your clients aren't going to be as understanding as someone from a design agency, so it can be frustrating.
Good luck to her. Takes a lot of skill.

That's good to know. I have a feeling there's a lot of people hiding. At the moment, the lunatics are running the asylum.

It's weird. Fine art sort of died a death, and everyone went into illustration. All people seem to make are awful feminist comics inspired by Stephen Universe.
>>
>>133247410
They teach you that everything is art. Yet they fail to grasp the cognitive dissonance of paying a shitload of money to be told that what you produce has the same value than what a toddler creates.
>>
>>133258436
>girl from a family of successful and productive people goes to college and gets a job

Wow, yeah, definitely unacceptable. Something must be done.
>>
>>133259359
you missed the point
>>
>>133248394
This is too relatable. I could go on a tirade about this, being the only fucking sane art major at my school. Short of it is fuck conceptual art. It's just an excuse for people's (women's) lack of actual talent
>>
>>133252130
>Tattoos

Into the trash!
>>
>>133253018
What kind of art do you make?
>>
File: 1461005123803.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461005123803.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
I was with a girl at the time. She went to art school but was ok when with me.

Five months later check her facebook to see what happened to her

>short hair
>blue hair
>shares countless articles about feminism and refugees
>Lesbian

wew
>>
>>133251004
You can literally see the PH balance in the room change.
>>
>>133248483
severely underrated post
>>
>>133252130
>perfect body
bruh her nip is heading north
>>
File: 1499465177705.jpg (223KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1499465177705.jpg
223KB, 607x608px
Well given how I had to cousins go into art and theyre pulling 150k/mo after few years I have nothing bad to say about art. If youre not retarded and have connections you can make money with it. Both are in managerial positions in marketing also

Its pretty on bar with STEM.There are shitty art schools but then again there are shitty schools in STEM also. Its just that most art students are retards who attend shitty schools and wont network while a STEM student can do well without a good network. Also they tend to disregard marketing, managerial and sales aspects of the job aka things that make money

I honestly doubt the anons who shit on art have a STEM degree or even study one. Smart and resourceful art student can easily earn more hay than a good engineer. Art degrees arent shit but students and degree mills are

>le liberal major
Im enrolled in EE fag
>>
>>133247410
>commercial art school

This is fine, teaches you proper technique and give you quality feedback from instructors who had experience working in the field. There is degeneracy but its effect is lessened due to the fact that you have produce quality work that shows you have an understanding of your medium. Still fucking expensive though.

You have a good chance in getting into the field/company you want if you work hard and prove to them your not a total idiot. Most students however don't do this and end up back in their parents basement (me included).

>liberal art school

Jewish trick / adult day care. All the instructors are failed artist who couldn't cut it. Don't really have to understand your craft, as long as you can bullshit your work, you can make it with flying colors.

You can won't really get a career unless a Jewish overlord figures a way to exploit you. Most end up living on their parents dime.
>>
>>133259680
>I could go on a tirade about this, being the only fucking sane art major at my school.

Why the fuck are you an art major if you're sane?
>>
File: DD0xTb6XkAAx5C1.jpg_large.jpg (75KB, 491x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DD0xTb6XkAAx5C1.jpg_large.jpg
75KB, 491x1024px
>>133258995
incredibly accurate image of what it's like on art courses at the moment.
>>
>>133260446
actually I have a STEM degree and modern art is for fucktard jew degenerate lackeys except Banksy he shit is dope
>>
I went to art school.

I live with my parents now, but had I been less ambitious and stayed in line I probably could have had an art related job by now.
>>
>>133247410
I went to art school. Most classes were a waste of time but what most of the retards there didn't realize was that you don't go to art school to learn, you go there to market yourself and make connections. I schmoozed my professors and got some really good graphic design connections as a result. It was expensive but sadly most places don't take you without a degree these days. Thankfully I got a few scholarships.
>>
>>133247410
I think those (((students))) shouldn't be situating themselves so close to that model.
>>
File: Abstract Hands.png (29KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Hands.png
29KB, 666x666px
>>133258436
>Suddenly their piece of crap finger painting becomes worth $300k because some multi-millionaire idiot within the art-douche-bag circle can easily dump out $300k like it's nothing.

Not quite true. It's an evaluation and insurance scam.

The trick is that you own the press and the people who do the evaluation. You pick a finger painting cunt up from the streets or among your elite children's peers. Then you invest. Then s/he gets promoted by the people you have ties to. Your 10k investment is now "worth" 100k or half a mil.

You've made a fortune investing in art! How can you keep picking winners like this?! Wow anon, you must really know your stuff!

Then you use the imaginary 500k value your hebrew friend dreamed up on your tax forms and now it becomes a real value, so if you sell the scam on you'll actually get a hunk of change and the cycle continues. Money out of thin air. But say you don't want to pass on your scam. No worries, it's insured. Just have it "stolen" or "destroyed" by some bum at a showing, collect 80% of imaginary value.

But it doesn't end there either because you can DONATE art and use it as a write-off, also conjuring real value out of imaginary evaluation.

Accounting is where the magic happens and the magic takes the form of these value estimations. Art, watches, rare collectors items, these are all venues we can exploit. Step one to have lots of money is to have a lot of money.
>>
I went to art school a long ass time ago, because I was fresh out of highschool, had some talent, and was stupid and naive beyond words.

The only people worth a damn were the computer animators, and the illustrators. Because those 2 groups out of all the others were the only ones who were expected to make a living off their skill.

The CA people routinely were overworked wrecks that had a high attrition rate. Illustrators of which I fell into had more slack, but we didn't get headhunted by companies as much, as illustrators trend towards freelancing.

Even among those groups you had typical lefty bullshit and lots of talentless hacks that either sqweaked by or washed out.

The rest of the school though was rampant leftism. Fine art majors were the most notable for being degen flakes that nobody else really took seriously. Other majors like.photography or interior design were so small as to be invisible on campus.

Few of my teachers were full blown commies, including a painting instructor who looked like Marx, and a teacher I had for a comic arts class who I suspect was a furry, and advocated for making art for communities instead of for pay. My actual illustration teachers were way more capitalistic

I wish I would never had gone, and would have practiced myself. However certain things from my time there butterfly effected into getting the job I want, though I do have debt looming over me, which blows
>>
>>133251181
it's well-known that touching gaijin skin gives powers to Japanese girls.
>>
>>133247619
>all art should have commercial value
Neck yourself
>>
>>133261386

All art has commercial value. I'm sure your scribblings are worth 0.00001 dollars in recycling.
>>
>>133260713
Because I wasnt when I started. I had to get out of home, but I had no idea what I wanted to do. By the time I wanted out our was too late,and I do t have the money to up and leave or change schools again. And since my mom help pays, I don't get much of a say in whether I drop out or not, so now I'm going to be stuck with all this debt.
>>
>>133261264
Don't forget that you can have insurance on the artist itself. Then enable the artist to have a self destructive life-style and watch them burn out. Collect on the insurance and watch the art go up in value now that the creator has died.

It's win-win
>>
>>133261301
>The only people worth a damn were the computer animators, and the illustrators. Because those 2 groups out of all the others were the only ones who were expected to make a living off their skill.

I went to school for computer animation. It definitely had a more professional feel than hanging around more fine arts based areas.
>>
>>133261707

Well fair enough anon.

If it makes you feel better having a degree is the first cutoff and it doesn't matter much in what. Women's studies majors get jobs too. And on the flipside high status majors are mattering less and less because we're gearing society toward making everyone STEM so now that degree is toilet paper status too.

It's like they don't get the supply and demand thing.

With some creativity and perseverance you can find a way out.
>>
File: 1418472615862.jpg (17KB, 294x296px) Image search: [Google]
1418472615862.jpg
17KB, 294x296px
>>133259965
>was with a girl at the time
>Five months later
>Lesbian
you are doing it wrong anon
>>
File: vs170404-007.jpg (1005KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vs170404-007.jpg
1005KB, 1920x1080px
>>133258995
many thanks lad.
It helped a lot that she was actively pursuing it while already at college, so it was already more or less ready to go when she graduated. Maybe my generation lack the big picture in that regard, and just assume a job is waiting for them when they get out, so don't do any preparation themselves.

>>133260294
DELET THIS
>>
File: 4654215646.jpg (12KB, 220x275px) Image search: [Google]
4654215646.jpg
12KB, 220x275px
>>133262438
She had another guy in between so it's not me
>>
>>133256603
I was referring to how they're fake and she has weird tiny nips.
>>
A story of a fellow student

There was this guy who I had in a few of my classes who looked and dressed like a knockoff Brad Pitt . Mr popularity in a school full of anime club rejects. One evening I am walking through campus and I see a car with a busted headlight, then another, and another. Blood spatters in between. I follow the blood. Blood spatters become a blood smear across a wall. Back to spatters, into another parking lot, more punched in headlights and lots of cops and cop cars milling about with lights on.

Turns out mr popularity had failed too many classes or some such, and himself a nervous breakdown. He was arrested somewhere else as he had tried to skip town.

I never knew his major unfortunately
>>
>>133247410
The world desperately trying to give degenerates a job.
>>
>>133247410
Art is corrupted by people trying to hard to make a statement and making so much vulgar art.
There is a place for vulgar art but when you see so much of it and so little of anything else it legitimizes it.
>>
>>133256638
>government is paying for my school
>government gives me $2,100 a month for 36 months as long as I pass my classes
>eligible for a $6k Pell Grant every year for 6 years

Yeah, I'm not spending any money on it, I was stupid enough to join the Army, not stupid enough to pay for a worthless degree.
>>
Filled with degenerates.

They all smell and look homeless
>>
I know a guy from a poor family who took out loans for 7 years of art school (3 at community college + 4 at university)
>>
troughout my whole life, i have pretty much mostly needed doctors and engineers
almost never needed artist for anything
not even for art

art schools are sort of useful as an iq test, you know someone is utter fucking retard if he ever went to one, so its kinda helpful if you ever get to do any hiring, you know who are 2nd class citizens/undesirables
>>
>>133247410
Good artists don't need to pay an institution tens of thousands of dollars to get a piece of paper to be good at art; their work will speak for themselves. Instead, the value of """""fine art"""""" is given value by rich (((art appreciators))), becoming more of a matter of politicking from your place in art schools than producing good artwork in the first place
>>
>>133261264
there was a picture that described something like this but i never saved it
>>
>>133247410
If you are talented, go to arts if you are not then fuck off not to mention that you won't escape extreme left thoughts in this particular subject. But the current state of 'art' is horrendous... I mean what do people see in that trash? There is no aesthetic appeal, no celebration of ones culture... No underlying wisdom or story to go with what is portrayed... Only meaningless shock value or the post-modernist crap that degrades ones being in the name of non-existent progress. It is all so tiresome, at least contemporary artists from the far wide reaches of the internet will guarantee the future of art when the tide turns.
>>
>>133247410
Spaghetti NO

https://youtu.be/8RM1oTw6fPg
>>
>>133264401
What the hell is this? I am extremely drunk at this very moment, I require a quick and cohesive gestalt.
>>
I say do what you enjoy but like if you need an art school to learn how to improve art in 2017 you're an autist
>>
>>133247410
Avoid 3D art. Same SJW stuff, hippy teachers, no jobs, they say there's lots but they lied, they're not desperate and they're trying to hire pajeets asap.
The real 3D is AutoCAD stuff, lots of jobs related to it.

Real art got ruined by idiots
>>
>>133264664
Woman says poem and then put pasta in her vagina in front of her art school crowd.
>>
>>133247410
Worthless. There are people who have innate talent for art, and most of them didn't go to art school. In this day and age, you can receive an entire art curriculum over the internet at a fraction of the price. The price you pay being your internet bill. Plus most of the business you do is over the internet these days in the graphic design world.

Art College is a scam.
>>
>>133259680

When I lived in the Manhattan metropolitan I dated an art major from Sarah Lawrence and never told her my mum went full merit scholarship to an art school which actually was difficult and rigorous. Her parents were visiting her and she was grousing about some assignment due the next day and exploded when I tried to give her some advice....I coldly told her I was far more technically talented than she and she was being silly. Her parents sat there while she challenge raged and I proved it to her by doing a penciling of her pouting and her parents ooh'd and aah'd and asked if they could have it...I found out later they had it framed then hung in their sitting room and removed her utter crap geometric painting of blue ankles to do so. I dumped her soon after.
>>
>>133251004

Would have been better if it was Doyle Von Wolfgang Frankenstein.
>>
>>133264785
How can one send their children in to such a place? I can understand why she says everything is shit, if you live amongst it you won't experience anything else. This is the allegory of the cave but I suppose they haven't heard or ever will about it.
>>
Another art school story

I shared a house with 2 roommates. 1 male comp. animation major same year as me, and one female illustration major 1 year ahead of me.

For the duration that me and female both lived in that house. I saw the her a grand total of 5 minutes, tops. Everything I know is mostly from other people who knew her, and from piecing things together. She blew her parents money throughout her 4 years there skipping art classes to attend vampire the masquerade larps out of town. She would come back to town only to attend the larps that were in town. She barely if ever actually attended her classes and failed pretty much everything. Her art skills were worse than mine were when I was in middle school.

Her room was a pigsty, full of random litter, including food in cartons left to mold over for weeks at a time.

She's also bring over weird goth kids to the house on her return visits, and they'd always clam up and stare at me whenever I had the audacity to walk through the house.

One time my male roomate who had a tendency of messing around with unattended stuff as he talked, was complaining that female roomate forgot to pay water bill again. He was at that moment playing around with a baseball bat I had lying around.

In a speak of the devil type synchronicity, female roomate gets home and starts unlocking door. Male roommate is all like, aha, now I will confront her about the water bill, forgetting he still is holding a bat.

Male roomate proceeds to accidentally threaten female roomate as he confronts her over bill with a bat in his fist. Female roomate nods along with wide eyes to everything he says, and immediately leaves to pay bill.

Male roomate is all like, see anon, you have to be assertive about these things. I said something like. Dude, you just threatened her with a bat.

He looks down, yells oh shit, and drops the bat like it bit him

Good times
>>
File: topkek.jpg (41KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
41KB, 600x477px
>>133265121
I want to believe
>>
i dont know much about the fineart community, i went to school for architecture. and in my spare time i liked making art. i was also shy and didnt go out to any of the places where i thought id learn more, so my exposure to fineart people has been very limited. i do however see a lot of peoples works that arent anything at all, i just chalk it up in my mind as amateur work and move on from there.

recently ive been interested in turning my career around toward some facet of the entertainment industry whether that be animu, pixar, games, etc. and again, ive not gone out to meet people or enrolled in local schools. what i did do was use google and 4chans very own art critique board which provided much insight and resources. and as time passed i drew and honed my basics and have picked up much more momentum than before, all without ever setting foot in an art institute.

and i dont plan on it either because i already have a b.a from a top ten uni. its just that it blows my mind that there are thousands of young minda with artistic aspirations that get caught up by for profit schools and draw themselves into holes. i dont know what to say. you might deserve it.
>>
File: 1492785093588.gif (2MB, 540x411px) Image search: [Google]
1492785093588.gif
2MB, 540x411px
>>133260134
>>
Its a useless expensive experience that only has a few redeeming qualities mostly its just a toxic group think special ed aslyum
>>
>>133265121
dude.
>>
>>133247410
Graphic design and Music are the only acceptable subjects in Art school.

Everything else is degenerate kike shit
>>
File: 1489215597708.jpg (111KB, 694x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489215597708.jpg
111KB, 694x960px
>>133247619
fpbp
>>
>>133268984
graphic design? that really is a suckers job
>>
>>133261386
Doesn't everything have a commercial value?
>>
>>133247410
I'd artschool the girl on the left tbqfh
>>
Shameless plug, but I made this for a mandatory student-made gallery show over in Bucknell just to get under people's skin, and needless to say it brought a lot of attention. I also found out that my painting professor who almost failed me for my senior thesis class didn't like Hillary or the Dems because they weren't left enough.
>>
File: MaraDisappoint.jpg (268KB, 1024x753px) Image search: [Google]
MaraDisappoint.jpg
268KB, 1024x753px
>>133247410
>>133247410

They are scams for charlatans and fools.

>be 18 year old fool
>liked drawing
>fall for follow your dream meme
>enroll in a university fine arts faculty
>first year okay
>lots of instruction on good fundamentals
>second year things start to get weird
>have to sit through "guest artist" talks by people who do shit like OP pic related and call it art
>third year it goes past weird and becomes consistently bizarre
>get criticized because my drawings are too technical, too representational, not feelsy enough
>have arguments with professors about the validity of ugly low skill "art"
>fourth year professors don't even teach skills anymore
>all of the material is directed towards... i dunno what to call it. How to be a carnival barker/used car salesman of bullshit
>become thoroughly red pilled
>realize whole thing is a scam
>realize the smart ones in the faculty just use it for money (tenured professor or museum curator or money launderer)

Do not dignify modern art with your attention. Do not fund it. Complain when tax money is used to place modern art garbage in your cities.
>>
>>133247410
Art fags are the worst kind of fags.
>>
>>133269435
If we allow values less and equal to zero, and depending on your school of thought maybe +-infinity ,yes. Are we done with the semantics?
>>
>133253596

Be careful about that. Fine arts has been polluting the integrity of design schools for many years now. There are very few left that adhere to the old standards of quality.
>>
>>133251676
This was a rarity, totally frowned upon by the public.
Abraham Lincoln said that race mixing was disgusting.
>>
>>133264401
2:38, that guy smiling is the guy who is painting the picture of naked men in a circle fisting each other
>>
>>133269846
you madman.
>>
>>133247410
meme tier
>>
>>133264401
are liberals pagans?
>>
>>133261264

This is correct. It is what I refered to in previous post about money laundering.
>>
File: art - 06.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
art - 06.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>133247410
Waste of time and money, most modern art makes no sense.
>>
>>133251004
Good lord somebody get a mop
>>
>>133247410
I went to Pratt. You can make a great career out of it, but don't lean on the school. I make 6 figures and am under 30 so I think I'm doing okay. School was a lot of fun but sucks any passion for art out of you. Make sure you go for design and don't get sucked into the SJW rage bullshit or rich trust fund kid drug culture.
>>
>>133255359
The Art Institutes are ITT tech level garbage, you won't learn anything and nobody respects the degree - although if your art is stellar that doesn't matter so much.
>>
>>133269090
do you have the orginal,non kek version?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.