[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canadian Red Ensign

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: images.png (18KB, 302x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
18KB, 302x226px
Leftists already kvetching about the Right using our old flag:

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalpost.com/news/canada/former-canadian-flag-the-red-ensign-gets-new-darker-life-as-far-right-symbol/wcm/80778f2c-6c23-4000-9917-85176a40e684/amp

So, why aren't you leaves flying your Red Ensigns and triggering shitlibs yet?
>>
>>133241402
This flag makes me depressed. In a single lifetime we went from a white British domain to a post-national shithole. We must serve as a warning as to how quickly leftists can ruin a country.
>>
>>133241402
>why aren't you leaves flying your Red Ensigns and triggering shitlibs yet?
i can't afford to risk a hate crimes tribunal.
>>
>>133241929

Buy yourself a big ensign and fly it in front of your house. Let it strengthen your resolve. There's no point be in blackpilled about it
>>
>>133242279

I know you're being facetious Ontario but flying the real flag isn't a hate crime... yet
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Because harptits aside it's objectively the worse flag

>Coat of arms that can't be made out when flag is far away or represented as icon
>Foreign nations flag on it
>Asymmetrical, unaesthetic
>Much of the flag is wasted red space
>Overcomplicated for a flag
>Harder to reproduce
>It's easy to incorporate the maple leaf into artwork, it's harder to incorporate the red ensign, reducing the use of Canada's "Brand"

The new flag is much better, a red maple leaf on snow, represents Canada's nature and renewal. It's recognised worldwide, it's easier to remember what Canadas flag is than to remember say which tricolour belongs to which country. You can use the maple leaf on white as an easily recognisable symbol of Canada and incorporate it into a lot of things that wouldn't necessarily fit a flag that well. All you need to do is slap a red maple leaf on shit and people know it's from Canada, the maple leaf flag does a LOT to promote Canada worldwide.

The red ensign is being promoted entirely because of muh history muh symbolism muh crown muh triggering libs. It's a worse flag objectively. I've considered hanging it up along with the Maple Leaf flag, but it's simply a worse flag than the Maple Leaf flag.
>>
>>133242389
that' what im saying. it will be SOON. so if i do it now im marked as a naziwhowantstokilthejews for flying the fucking red ensign. not worth it.
>>
>>133242514
>It's a worse flag objectively. I've considered hanging it up along with the Maple Leaf flag, but it's simply a worse flag than the Maple Leaf flag.
From a purely design point of view, sure, it's worse, but it's not terrible. It fits well with the commonwealth. A red ensign is very recognizable, it's similar yet very distinct from the flags of Australia or New Zealand as it's crimson red makes it stand out. There's one flying over a historic building near my house, and it's noticeable and distinct from a long way away.
>The red ensign is being promoted entirely because of muh history muh symbolism muh crown muh triggering libs
But is symbolism and history not the entire point of a flag? I'd rather have something that depicts my culture and history but looks "worse" than some bland, soulless leaf. the USA's flag isn't the nicest looking, but if they arbitrarily decided to turn it into a tricolour with a star slapped in the middle it'd lose a lot of it's meaning.
>>
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png (8KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Liberia.svg.png
8KB, 1280x674px
>>133243156
Have you ever seen Liberias flag?

Always makes me kek.
>>
>>133241402
Literal cucks
>>
>>133243457
it could be worse it could be A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>133241402
If you guys go to public places with a bag, consider adding some flair with the red ensign patch!

http://www.canadaspatchking.com/cpkstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2_4&products_id=812&zenid=3e458e9742218313a01edd14d831475c

I'm going to do this as a uni student
>>
>>133243970
Why do you like this flag? Why do you want a foreign nations flag on yours? Pathetic
>>
>>133244109
>Why do you want a foreign nations flag on yours
You obviously don't understand the history behind that flag
Canada, in it's current state, doesn't even meet the definition of "nation".
>>
>>133244109
To rile up the shitskins and SJWs. The area I'm in is maybe 25% white so it will be a good investment.
>>
>>133242514
Except the fact of the matter is we didn't even vote on the flag it was forced onto us by the Liberals under Pearson. The Ensign was Canada's flag when we liberated Holland and established ourselves on the world stage, the Leaf is a product of globalist ideals and sadly it'll never go away because its been packaged into our indoctrinated education propaganda dispatch.
>>
>>133244373
Elizabeth II is still the official head of state right? and you support this? why?
>>
>>133244583
That and the people we're importing don't need to know a single thing about Canada's history (not that our school boards would want to teach them about colonization). Our country is just a host country with no identity, selling its body to the highest bidder (or to who we want to virtue signal to). The meaningless flag fits into that theme.
>>
>>133242514

In terms of being ale to see it from afar you're right but other than that... foreign nation? Seriously? The ensign with the union jack in the top left was common for commonwealth countries and the coat of arms depicts symbols of the founding nations from the British isles and France. In my opinion the symbolism, history, and culture are exactly what's important and changing the flag to this current cartoon abomination was a direct stab at that heritage. Besides I actually really like how it looks
>>
>>133244109

It's not a foreign nation you mong Canada used to be explicitly and implicitly British/Anglo, and mildly accommodating for other Europeans, until the Liberal party suddenly decided we had to become multicultural back in the '60s, which is also when they arbitrarily changed the flag
>>
File: Maple-Syrup.jpg (429KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
Maple-Syrup.jpg
429KB, 1000x664px
>>133244109
A lot of people let the A FUCKING LEAF memes get under their skin when I think Canadas flag is fantastic and the symbolism does a lot to promote us as a country. Tourists and foreigners dig the whole maple leaf thing.

>>133244583
Pearson was right, Diefenbaker was wrong. You're right that the Red Ensign is a proud part of our history, which is why I don't reject it like SJWs these days are keen to, but Canada has a long future ahead of it. May as well start flying under our own flag instead of a colonial one, it helps make Canadas presence more memorable because the flag is so much more unique and instantly recognisable than the ensign.

I see the changing of flags as symbolic of Canada's history in itself, it was symbolic of a transition from a colony obligated to get involved in stuff like the Boer Wars, WWI, and WWII which had nothing to do with us, to a country that made its own decisions and stays out of nonsense the Brits get involved with like Iraq.
>>
File: 1399918641740.png (806KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1399918641740.png
806KB, 1200x600px
>>133241402
Sexy
>>
>>133245251
It started with the french. Instead of getting them to abandon their shitty Franco culture and assimilate (which is what they were slowly doing) Trudeau said
"Goys we can live in peace together even though we have different languages and cultures and you hate each others guts. All you have to do is bend over backwards for the Francos haha"
Then the slippery slope happens and if it can 'work' for one culture well then hey it can work for everything
>>
>>133244869
Canadas history is honestly fucking boring and everything between British/French history pre-colonization and WWI sends me to sleep. I always got A's in history too and know more about Canadas history than most. Holy fuck though, some backwater colonies history is only so interesting. Sure there is the odd point of pride like Vimy Ridge but all and all it's pretty fucking boring. We also DO teach kids about our history in school pretty comprehensively in my mind, even if we did switch our flag.

Canada doesn't have much going for it in terms of interesting history, I would argue the best thing it has going for it is that we punch above our weight in cultural impact with a strong film and TV industry. Recently Canadians have also somehow become very prominent in the right wing between Rebel Media and Peterson. I see Canada having a bright future in regards to its potential cultural impact.
>>
>>133245518
>instead of a colonial one,

It was never Canada's 'colonial' flag and you saying that just goes to prove you don't know what your talking about. The colonial flag was just the Union Jack, when Canada became a self goveroning Dominion is when we got the Red Ensign, not a colony.
>>
>>133242514
> foreign nations flag on it
I'm sure you'd much prefer the crescent and star?
I think you're in the wrong thread
>>
>>133246224

I don't find our history boring at all. 1812 is cool, thousands of Canadians joining Loyalist militias to demonstrate their love of Britannia by putting down the Fenian revolts is cool, Canadian Corps being seen as some kind of elite when most of them were just teenage farm boys in WW1 is cool, FLQ crisis is cool, Mounties used to be badas, 7 years war, fur trade drama, etc. I always found it interesting
>>
>>133245704
This is absolutely where a lot of the problems started and part of it is that we refuse to educate Canadians on the truth behind that entire scenario.

I heard Canadians during Canadas 150th talking down the idea of unity and talking about how we need to celebrate diversity. Here in BC, the government offices are all fluent in French, despite nobody in BC speaking French, and they're speaking Mandarin or Punjabi or anything, when BC doing that instead would be true diversity, not pretending we speak French like Quebec does. Why do we do this? Because Quebec went fucking mad, was threatening to seperate, kidnapped a British diplomat and a Cabinet Minister, killed the Cabinet minister, because they were at peak butthurt over muh culture. The country separating would have been bad, so we adopted official multiculturalism to an extent to keep the country unified, to appease Quebec basically.

We also had a legacy of Poos and Chinks we brought over to do our dirty work and various natives we signed treaties with. We needed some framework for unity, and since we weren't gonna genocide everybody, multicult was the best solution. However, the pro-multicultural propaganda started making think that rather than multiculturalism being a solution to a bad situation, it was an end in itself. So now you have stupid Canadians shilling for intentionally creating cultural divides like talking about how great it would be for there to be for Mandarin speaking employers to discriminate against non-Mandarin speakers to give more equality to those that don't speak English or French. People basically swallowed the multicult propaganda without looking at the historical context, and are serving the political interests of parties like the LPC who seek to become politically powerful by creating a divided country, at the expense of Canada

>>133246616
We may have adopted it after we became a de facto self-governing dominion but it is undeniably symbolic of our colonial past.
>>
>>133248031

It's not colonial it's symolic of the nations that contributed primarily to Canada's founding and our status aa an autonomous Dominion within the Commonwealth

As for Quebec, Canada was always a binational state: under the federal government were two separate nations, Anglo Canada and Quebec. Separation would have been messy but maybe it wasn't the worst idea
>>
File: 1449362167640.png (70KB, 923x728px) Image search: [Google]
1449362167640.png
70KB, 923x728px
>>133242514
Yeah it's a great symbol to slap on cheap Chinese made products that brown kids can wave around or wear on July 1st.
>>
>>133241402
I honestly like the old flag

with that we wouldn't be called leafs :(
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.