[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australians are priced out of their own labour market

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: sky canoe.jpg (39KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
sky canoe.jpg
39KB, 500x345px
consider the following:

The union says that each year about 8,000 Australian students graduate with a nursing qualification, but that there are around 3,000 nurses who cannot find work. "It can't be a coincidence that at the same time as thousands of new nurse graduates across the country are unable to get jobs, the same amount of people are getting jobs, coming in as temporary skilled migrants on 457 visas," Annie Butler, acting federal secretary of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation, said. Between 2011 and 2012, 3,095 foreign nurses were granted working visas in Australia.

Let's do a short analysis:
>in one year:
>3,000 Australian nurses could not find work.
>3,095 foreign nurses were granted working visas in Australia.
>>
>>133225730
>3,000 Australian nurses could not find work.
>3,095 foreign nurses were granted working visas in Australia.
I'm sure this is just a coincidence. Lazy Aussie women looking for excuses as per usual.
>>
>>133225730
Sucks to suck, I'm currently a nursing student in the USA. If the numbers stay the same, there will be a crysis due to the lack of healthcare workers before the end of the decade.
>Ez employment opportunities
>>
File: shitpostlive.webm (3MB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostlive.webm
3MB, 1280x716px
>>133225730
didn't Turnbull mention ditching the 457 scam a month or so ago? what happened to that?
>>
>tfw male considering getting into nursing
>read this
>depressed
>>
>>133226111

he dropped a few meme occupations
and reinstated a bunch of it and engineering ones last month
literally political smoke and mirrors

>ditching the 457 scam a month or so ago?

he never did, just removed like, 100 or so jobs, kept the great majority and got good headlines for gullible idiots to eat up
>>
lol nurse is such a pleb job

thats why young and ignorant filipino girls are being shipped in to do the work. y-you are better than some foreign slave, right anon?
>>
>I deserve 100k a year, 20hr flexible schedule week with 2 months holidays and 50 personal days, same respect as doctor, 2 patients/nurse in the wards, and my union rep agrees
>Why can't I find a job?
>>
>>133226564
>20hr week
only one shift a week!?
>>
>>133226140
Totally different for males man, they need more makes in the Nursing profession. You will get hired over a women 9/10 times
>>
>>133227957
yeah apparently you can clear over 100k if you do all the overtime that is offered to you, and a lot is offered
>>
>>133225730
My girlfriend is a nurse and i can comfirm that there is a whole bunch of sudanese and philipino nurses at her work. The brand new state of the art hospital in my home town has had to close wings though because they dont have enough staff to operate them. Shits fugged up senpai.
Being a nurse sucks anyways, shitty hours, paid waaaay below what they should be considering the work they do and having to deal with unruly low class families of junkies and teenage mums. Yuck.
>>
>>133229400
steady work that will never go away though, which is a bonus considering the shitty job market
>>
>>133229043
Maybe specialized nurses, certainly not regular RNs in public hospitals. My gfs manager gets pissy if she does too much overtime, then gets pissy because they dont have enough nurses on to cover the workload. Shitty job bra
>>
>>133229509
Yeah thats true, she is studying midwifery anyways. She'll be up to her elbows in otters pockets in no time
>>
>>133226564
I am friends with nurses in San Francisco, and this is literally them. They never fucking work. They are out traveling almost every fucking week.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.