[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2A

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0665.jpg (30KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0665.jpg
30KB, 340x340px
You can only own guns if you're part of a well regulated militia. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>133199766
I can't. I fucking can't.
>>
>You can only own guns if you're part of a well regulated militia. Prove me wrong.
Millions of Americans own guns and they are not part of a well regulated militia. You have been proven wrong.
>>
>national guard / reserves
Didn't give me a gun to take home

Does let me ignore some bullshit
Knife/nunchuck/brass knuckles laws :/
>>
>>133199766
You're not wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_(United_States)
A well regulated militia, as defined by Congress under the various Militia Acts, is composed of both an organized and unorganized militia. The organized militia is comprised of state militia forces (National Guard for the states and Naval Militia), while the unorganized militia is any able-bodied man between 17 and 45 years old.

So if you're not a man between 17 and 45, you shouldn't be able to own a gun.
>>
>>133199766
Heller vs. DC upheld the individual right to own a firearm
>>
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZS.html
>>
File: IMG_1968.jpg (235KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1968.jpg
235KB, 960x640px
>>133200193
Wrong again

>the founders soeak of an organized militia and a disorganized militia as well.

And there is a nice punctuation followed by.
>"The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

The first part was just one justification
>>
The well regulated militia is defined by US law as all able bodied males. So you are absolutely correct.
>>
>>133200515
Plus Heller divorced it from the militia definition anyway. So you're absolutely wrong.
>>
>>133199766
Well regulated means in good working order, properly maintained. It has nothing to do with the modern sense of the word as some sort of control or oversight.

A well regulated clock keeps good time, a well regulated militia is a properly equipped one with experienced individuals. At the time, particularly when referring to a military body, 'well regulated' meant the men were also capable and well drilled.

The second reads, in modern english, as follows:
"It is necessary to have a well equipped and experienced militia for defense, therefore the people have a right to keep weapons to both have and train with"
>>
>>133200193
No. The American 2nd ammendment basically says: "Because these fuckers over here need to be able to fight effectively if called up: guns are legal for everyone."

The first part is explaining the rational behind the second part, it isn't placing any restrictions on the second part. You might think the explanation is stupid but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't placing any restrictions.
>>
File: breakfast.png (15KB, 941x248px) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.png
15KB, 941x248px
>>
File: could a us rebellion succeed.png (203KB, 1802x905px) Image search: [Google]
could a us rebellion succeed.png
203KB, 1802x905px
>>
File: gun control argument.jpg (426KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
gun control argument.jpg
426KB, 750x1050px
>>
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>133199766

In the times of the founding fathers, "well-regulated" was taken to mean functional, in good working order. A militia is a military force raised from the civilian populace (ie: those outside the armed forces).

Given that a militia is made up of civilians, and it needs to be armed to be considered functional, we can therefore say that the civilian ownership of guns is necessary to the security of a free state.
>>
look up the definition of militia first idiot

it is not the army or police

LOL!
>>
>>133199766
the militia means every able bodied male
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.