[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh-Oh: New Report Just Dropped A Bomb On Key Climate Change Data

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 30

File: al gore.jpg (137KB, 1842x901px) Image search: [Google]
al gore.jpg
137KB, 1842x901px
>Peer-reviewed study finds that three key global temperature data sets are "not a valid representation of reality."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18433/uh-oh-new-report-just-dropped-bomb-key-climate-james-barrett

B-BUT THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!
>>
global warming is a judeo marxist death cult
>>
File: The Meteorological Jew.png (209KB, 578x415px) Image search: [Google]
The Meteorological Jew.png
209KB, 578x415px
Oh vey goyim the science is settled now pay your carbon tax.
>>
>>133192368
fuck off we need to protect the planet, and the temps dont even matter

carbon taxes are the best step to protecting us
>>
File: 1499490497340.png (59KB, 491x620px) Image search: [Google]
1499490497340.png
59KB, 491x620px
Climate change much like the gender spectrum is settled science
>>
>>133192368
>(((Peer-reviewed)))
>>
>>133192705
I hope you're being ironic. Carbon taxes only serve to make us less competitive.
>>
little odd that it isn't published in any journals...
interesting though regardless
>>
>>133192705
Carbon taxes are just another money siphon ya dingus. The real way to protect our planet is to stop using the third world as our shitting ground.

>Stop consuming so much useless shit
>China, India and other coutries' GDPs plummet
>These coutries then experience a famine, drastically lowering their populations
>The environment gets a chance to recover
>>
>>133192368
>Dailywire
Might as well be fucking Breitbart
Please, come back with a real news sources that isn't shrouded in lies and deception and maybe I will consider the possibility that NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF SCIENTISTS are wrong about catastrophic climate change

>No source?
I didn't think so
>>
>>133193116
the source is in the article....
>>
In this day and age, being a climate change denier is akin to being a flat Earther.
>>
>>133192368
Here you go, archive it.
http://archive.is/oKinj
>>
File: climatefreak2.jpg (1MB, 1776x1797px) Image search: [Google]
climatefreak2.jpg
1MB, 1776x1797px
Climate Freaks are not allowed in this thread
this is a Climate Freak free zone
>>
File: 97percentdebunkedCLIMATECHANGE.png (28KB, 492x457px) Image search: [Google]
97percentdebunkedCLIMATECHANGE.png
28KB, 492x457px
>>133193116
>muh 97 gorillion
>>
>>133192862
Depends how they're levied.

If you only tax energy companies it can kind of work.
>>
File: climatejews.jpg (1MB, 2243x682px) Image search: [Google]
climatejews.jpg
1MB, 2243x682px
shoo shoo UN Climate Freaks
>>
File: orcouldthey.jpg (90KB, 681x402px) Image search: [Google]
orcouldthey.jpg
90KB, 681x402px
https://twitter.com/RepLizCheney/status/880253051138920448
>>
>>133192368
Science is never "settled" you fucking moron.
>>
File: 1492366340071.gif (172KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492366340071.gif
172KB, 550x400px
>>133192654
>>
>>133192368
>>B-BUT THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!
No such thing.
>>
>>133193895
You can settle the fuck down cunt.
>>
>>133192368

>ROYAL SOCIETY LECTURE
global greening
>royal society lecture
GLOBAL GREENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5M1qtN62yk

royal society lecture
>GLOBAL GREENING
ROYAL SOCIETY LECTURE
>global greening
>>
>>133193570
How's your first year of high school going?
>>
>>133192368
How about you post the actual report and not Ben Shapiro's Facebook post?

https://thsresearch.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf
>>
>>133193639
75 out of 77 is 97.4%
>>
>>133193990
When idiots have a platform.
>>
>>133194054
75 out of over 10,000 AGU scientists surveyed.
>>
>>133192368
>http://www.dailywire.com/news/18433/uh-oh-new-report-just-dropped-bomb-key-climate-james-barrett

everytime this comes out, you have retards crawl out of the woodwork to defend the "science" while their 'special algorithms' and historical data diddling are never addressed.

It's extremely clear to anyone who has looked at the average ambient temperatures in the United States, and I would suspect any country in the world, and see there is no abnormal variations since these temperatures have been taken and often printed in almanac's such as Farmers use. And what better way to get the real temperature than using rural ambient data? I suggest there is no better way. Surface temperatures of water are highly inconsistent and don't actually tell you much, considering the vast bulk of the data used to promote aberrant global temperature variations almost entirely rely upon these. Despite that, the historical data is extremely thin compared to other forms of historical temperature data, there just haven't been satellites taking these readings for nearly long enough to draw solid conclusions.
>>
File: 1498538810689.jpg (37KB, 564x436px) Image search: [Google]
1498538810689.jpg
37KB, 564x436px
>>133193314
which is the truth kike
>>
File: 1499571374828.jpg (334KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499571374828.jpg
334KB, 800x600px
>>133192368
>B-BUT THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!

Friendly reminder that anybody who actually understands enough QM to grasp how atoms work will agree that CO2 is causing intense warming.

If you disagree please provide a mechanism in which pumping incredible amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere won't increase global temperature.
>>
>>133195010
dats juss because of the windows and the lens and stuff
>>
>>133193057
I've just realized I'm a bad person because I think this idea is at least worth considering, at least to see its pitfalls if any.
>>
>>133195254
You are ignoring the fact that the macroscopic effect on the environment might be highly exaggerated. You and I both know how that models and the associated equations are only ever approximations that can become highly erroneous very easily. I'm not denying that the climate is warming, but both the rate of warmth and the effect on the environment is not easy to predict and it's not hard to imagine how the climate science is wrong and exaggerated.
>>
>>133196416
We already have a distinct and measurable physical effect. Say whatever you want about the models, the empirical evidence of warming isn't a superficial trend nor is the increase in CO2 levels over the last 800k years. If anything I think models are underpredicting warming trends. There's too much pressure to produce conservative numbers that are less susceptible to skeptics and feedback effects aren't well accounted for yet. 20 years from now nobody will be having this argument.
>>
>>133194051
this, and it's being ignored
>>
>>133192368
oooy vveeeyyyy
>>
File: pepe.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>133192368
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/jul/10/conservatives-are-again-denying-the-very-existence-of-global-warming

Working backwards from a politically-motivated conclusion

>The claim is based on what can charitably be described as a white paper, written by fossil fuel-funded contrarians Joseph D’Aleo and Craig Idso along with James Wallace III. Two months ago, D’Aleo and Wallace published another error-riddled white paper on the same website with fellow contrarian John Christy; both papers aimed to undermine the EPA’s Endangerment Finding.

>The Endangerment Finding concluded that the scientific research clearly shows that carbon pollution endangers public health and welfare via climate change impacts, and therefore according to the US Supreme Court, the EPA must regulate carbon pollution under the Clean Air Act. Conservatives who benefit from the fossil fuel status quo and oppose all climate policies have urged the Trump administration to go after the Endangerment Finding.

>Both papers are rife with flaws because they start from a desired conclusion – that the science underpinning Endangerment Finding is somehow wrong – and work backwards trying to support it...the contrarians try to undermine the accuracy of the global surface temperature record, which has been validated time and again. They don’t bother trying to hide their bias – the paper refers to “Climate Alarmists” and speaks of invalidating the Endangerment Finding.
>The paper itself has little scientific content. Using charts taken from climate denier blogs, the authors claim that every temperature record adjustment since the 1980s has been in the warming direction, which is simply false. As Zeke Hausfather pointed out, referencing work by Nick Stokes, roughly half of the adjustments have resulted in cooling and half in warming. Moreover, the net adjustment to the raw data actually reduces the long-term global warming trend:
>>
>>133199460
Don't give them traffic https://archive.is/50wVB
>>
>>133192368
it was real in my mind
>>
File: benshapiro.jpg (61KB, 600x755px) Image search: [Google]
benshapiro.jpg
61KB, 600x755px
>>133194051
(((Shapiro)))
I should have known
>>
File: 800k_co2.jpg (19KB, 530x360px) Image search: [Google]
800k_co2.jpg
19KB, 530x360px
>>133197222
>the increase in CO2 levels over the last 800k years
???
The Earth had an atmospheric CO2 concentration of 20-30k ppm a few hundred million years ago, anyway, so even if we got up to 1k ppm it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
>>
>>133193116
Muh 97% lol. Just like muh 17 intelligence agencies is made up fucking bullshit Google it.
>>
>>133199801

400ppm = 0.04%
>>
>>133195254
Explain the pause faggot.
>>
>>133192368
>http://www.dailywire.com/news/18433/uh-oh-new-report-just-dropped-bomb-key-climate-james-barrett
>A single study they haven't even managed to publish

When will morons realize that even if the surface temperatures models are completely bonkers wrong, the sea level and temperature models are the meat and potatoes of this?
The seas are getting warmer and acidifying and rising. The biodiversity is crumbling and the glaciers are melting. Carbon dioxide levels and pollution are demonstrably to blame.
>>
>>133195254
More co2 more plants to grow and consume co2.
>>
>>133199460

More:

>The white paper authors admit that some adjustments to the raw data are necessary (for example, to correct for changes in instrumentation technology, time of observation, moving station locations, and so on), and they don’t dispute the accuracy or necessity of any of the adjustments that climate scientists have made. Basically, because they don’t like the end result of global warming, the authors assert that the adjustments must somehow be wrong, but fail to support that assertion with any real evidence. It’s not worth the paper it’s printed on.
Picked up by the right-wing media

>Predictably, a number of conservative media outlets like the Daily Caller and Climate Depot picked up on the white paper. The Daily Caller even went as far as to call it a “peer-reviewed study.” In a sense that’s true – a number of other fossil fuel-funded contrarian scientists who are technically the authors’ peers signed onto the paper. But of course that’s really pal review, not peer review; the white paper was not published in a peer-reviewed journal because it obviously would not withstand scrutiny by scientific experts.
>>
>>133195254
The effect of CO2 in the atmosphere is logarithmic. The amount required to raise the temp by any significant amount would suffocate us.
The only way to get even slightly scary numbers is to grossly misapply mathematical models that cause a positive feedback loop in the system where negative feedback would apply.
>>
>>133195254
Oh, now you have to understand Quantum Mechanics to argue against global warming. Nice
>>
>>133203462
>The amount required to raise the temp by any significant amount would suffocate us

I sometimes feel as if people are intentionally trying to make the most incorrect statements possible.
A doubling of CO2 concentrations alone (i.e. ~570 ppm) would raise GAST by around 3°C. This is very well established from several independent lines of evidence.
>>
>>133200276
internal variability
>>
>>133192768
Then review all the peers then; check their online background. Who they worked for, are working for, what is their other work.

Dig deeper if you're implying this hole goes any further.
>>
>>133192368
This whole global warming thing is such a dumpster fire. All this worry, all this money just being ironically burned away, and for what?
I yearn for the day when another volcano pops it's top and nothing goes down the way they predicted it would.

>be a volcano
>erupt
>send lots of co2, ash, and soot into the atmosphere
>my co2 in atmosphere doesn't immediately vaporize humans to a crisp
>my ash and soot block a great deal of the Sun's rays getting through
>watch as new mini Ice Age spurs the importance of survival over reproduction again
>watch as those who can't adapt, die off
>shrug shoulders and cause another eruption
>grin in amusement at remaining humans who are much more intelligent as a result of extreme environmental pressures
>everything went better than expected
>>
>>133206801
You're a fucking idiot.
Read something other than your right wing rags and learn some fucking science.

Your either 16 or this is prime bait.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/
>>
>>133194054
Yea but propaganda spins the stats claiming 97% of all scientists agree, when it was .001% of surveyed scientists responding affirmatively to a single question to a survey with loaded questions
>>
>>133192654
I member these threads
>t. oldfag
>>
>>133208291
but why would you be interested in the opinion of, say, seismologists or groundwater hydrologists about the climate system?
How are they any more of an authority on climate than your barber?

And that's if you even care about "opinions", which I don't think anyone should. The only thing that matters is the preponderance of evidence, extensively documented in the published referee journal literature.
>>
File: 489.png (56KB, 770x968px) Image search: [Google]
489.png
56KB, 770x968px
Get the fuck out of here. That document is made by someone in MS Word or some shit. The whole thing screams unprofessional. At least put some more effort into it than someone would in his bachelor's thesis.

>The Undersigned Agree with the Conclusions of this Report:
>Dr. Theodore R. Eck
>Former Chief Economist of Amoco Corp. and Exxon Venezuela
>Advisory Board of the Gas Technology Institute and Energy Intelligence Group

Seems legit AF.
>>
>>133193057
Global shipping is the largest polluter; globalism must be minimized if this is a real threat. Casual shipping must be stopped immediately. If it's real, let consumerism be the first thing to die.
Show us it's real: kill your own companies for the betterment of mankind.
>>
>>133207978

http://www.celebrateboston.com/disasters/year-without-a-summer.htm

http://archive.is/48O9H
>>
>>133207978
Bruh. Really? After reading what was in the link, I can surmise that you didn't even grasp the point I was making and instead projected what you assumed was the point I was making, on to my argument.
FROM THE LINK THAT YOU PROVIDED.

"Furthermore, some scientists believe that spectacular volcanic eruptions, like that of Mt. St. Helens in 1980 and Mt. Pinatubo in 1991, actually lead to short-term global cooling, not warming, as sulfur dioxide (SO2), ash and other particles in the air and stratosphere reflect some solar energy instead of letting it into Earth’s atmosphere. SO2, which converts to sulfuric acid aerosol when it hits the stratosphere, can linger there for as long as seven years and can exercise a cooling effect long after a volcanic eruption has taken place."

The only eruptions that have taken place for the longest time has been from volcanos that produce more lava than anything else. Note I mentioned ASH and SOOT and not LAVA or MAGMA? Are you even aware that there are different types of volcanos and eruptions?

I hate you fuckers who hold up science on a pedestal, but can't even be bothered to learn to understand the shit that you worship so much.

>>133208926
Thanks for the back up, anon.
>>
>>133193116
You realize you're just painting a target on your retarded post with that flag, right?
>>
This is the author, he is an idiot:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_D%27Aleo

Article debunked faggot
>>
>>133210065
D'Aleo has become prominent[according to whom?] as a leading figure in the debate over man-made climate change.[citation needed] After hacked emails by and to Phil Jones, director of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia (UEA), were made public in November 2009,[15] D'Aleo was a major participant in the resulting controversy,[citation needed] which became known as Climategate.[16][17]

And you guys take this bloke seriously... proof that this board is retarded
>>
File: globalwarming.jpg (115KB, 620x429px) Image search: [Google]
globalwarming.jpg
115KB, 620x429px
Climate change is happening. However it's nothing imminently dangerous as was the Ozone issue with hydrofluorocarbons. The carbon tax is idiotic because it makes it that much more reason to outsource, and no, I did not deny it, there will be weather pattern changes of major incremental severity. But China, Brazil, India will by then make up most of the carbon output as they begin to heavily reindustrialize. It's just so blown up to retarded proportions that it's cringe to bring up in conversations
>>
>>133210065
>>133210211
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_D%27Aleo

>This meteorologist is a anthropogenic global warming theory skeptic, therefore his research is invalid

>this is how science works guys I swear.

You realize how retarded this makes you sound right?
>>
>>133192705
>carbon taxes are the best step to protecting us

You truly are our greatest ally.
>>
>>133192368
>living in the 2017 tranny xir xim pronoun nightmare
>not wishing the planet would be eradicated somehow
>not supporting and promoting global warming to ensure destruction
>>
When someone mentions settled science,you can disregard everything he tells you after that.Its that simple.
>>
>>133212187
hitler tried reducing their footprint
>>
>>133193895
Newtons laws.
>>
>>133192705
> move dirty production abroad
> sign emissions deal
> "Yay, we're making a difference!"
t. almost any western country
>>
Not even peer reviewed, can not find any journal that contains this article - fuck reading that piece of shit
>>
>believing this

It's amazing how /pol/ exceeds at undermining its own intelligence. World's over by 2100, get used to it and make the most of life while the world is still basically-not-a-shithole.
>>
>>133195547
>I've just realized I'm a bad person

No, just a rational one.
It's the same as aid for Africa. Cutting it doesn't make you a bad person, what would make you a bad person is realizing that your aid will only make the inevitable collapse so much worse but continuing because you get some pats on the back for it.
>>
>>133212444
>Newtons laws
Those are approximations for macroscopic systems. There's tons of stuff they cannot describe because they are incomplete.

They do a good job for those macroscopic systems, but if you have any relativistic or quantum effects involved they break apart.
>>
>>133193639
You need to help me here! They send out 10.000 surveys, get 3.000 back and from this 3000 scientist only 77 are climate scientists. Wouldn't this mean the 97% are true? You can only argue that ~2% of all scientists believe in climate change.
>>
>>133193116
>NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF SCIENTISTS are wrong about catastrophic climate change

They're wrong this year for sure. So far this summer, it's been about 5-7 degrees celsius cooler. I fucking love climate change now!
>>
>>133210266

That image is stupid. The whole "global cooling" thing was never a mainstream scientific opinion and is used as a strawman against modern climate science. The majority opinion even during the time of suspected global cooling was that warming was the most likely scenario, which has proven correct.

And your argument is foolish. What was formerly feared to be the worst case scenario prediction of an 2 degrees Celsius average increase in global temperatures (a catastrophic change in and of itself) is now a guarantee that even the Paris Agreement was unlikely to prevent. Projections at the year 2100 range anywhere from 6-8 degrees Celsius average, which will make the vast majority of the planet uninhabitable. To say nothing of the fact that the our food supply will diminish, our oceans will be acid, the global economy will be nonexistent and the entire world's population will be crammed into the barely livable regions of the Earth, which will of course facilitate the spread of disease. And you bet your ass there will be weather pattern changes. The worst storms of your life now will only be "weather" by the end of your life.

This an extinction event scenario, and it's partially the fault of climatologists for not being stern enough in their warning.
>>
File: 1447263968937.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1447263968937.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>133214397
>>
>>133214538

The end of the world is a scary thing to confront. Like I get why you guys deny it, it's comforting to think we'll last forever, or at least for a few more eons. But the reality is it could be over very soon. The vast majority of mass extinctions happened as a result of climate change, our plight is only different in how rapid it is, because we have actively facilitated it.
>>
>>133214397
>This an extinction event scenario, and it's partially the fault of climatologists for not being stern enough in their warning.

Nah, it's a result of too many stupid and greedy people. Quit blaming climatologists. Inherently, it's people being too fucking stupid and greedy. That is the root of the issue.
>>
>>133214906

You're right, that was the wrong thing for me to say. I DO wish climatologists had been harsher with their critics, but who knows what good it would have done.

Either way it's pretty much too late now. Maybe they already knew that.
>>
>>133214778
Nah, don't worry, I am fine and not just running away from some scary thing or something.
I do actually work in science and am aware of how things are conducted, which is also why I know that I don't really need to fear anything.

Shit is always blown out of proportion to make yourself seem more important and secure funding. Predictive models that are not based on prior results (which they do not have, as this spike is "unprecedented") are shit and guesswork.

People worship scientists way too much, at the end of the day almost all of them are just regular people who invest a lot of time into a single topic. But that does not mean they are without fault.
You could take a look at metal organic frameworks for example. Those were hailed as the new successor for zeolites that would revolutionize catalysis, gas storage/sensing and all kinds of other shit.
And after years upon years of studying, they have fucking nothing at all that is even remotely close to application. And it's not like this was just a field of quacks and amateurs, they had lots of respectable scientists among them and quite a few publications in nature and science.
It's just that they are also human.
>>
>>133192368
>/pol/ is about science denial and pretending to be christian recently

i don't get it
>>
>>133192368
>Peer-reviewed study
Is this the new and improved ''Simon says'' meme?
>>
>>133193570
FAKE
FAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEE
RAAAACCCCIIIIISSSSTTTTTT FFFFFAAAAAASSSSSSCCCCCCCIIIIISSSSTTTT IIIIIIIMMMMMMPPPPPPEEEEEEAAAAAACCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
File: climate before.gif (55KB, 696x675px) Image search: [Google]
climate before.gif
55KB, 696x675px
>>
File: climate after.png (91KB, 1040x974px) Image search: [Google]
climate after.png
91KB, 1040x974px
>>
>>133215058
>Predictive models that are not based on prior results (which they do not have, as this spike is "unprecedented") are shit and guesswork.

You're actually right about that! Climatologists have admitted that climate change is actually occurring at a far more rapid rate than previous models predicted.

>Shit is always blown out of proportion to make yourself seem more important and secure funding.

I don't think you get it. Soon it won't even be about "getting funding" because it will be too fucking late. Even if every nation on Earth radically changes every aspect of how it consumes and produces energy we STILL won't be able to fully reverse it for centuries. It's not about fucking funding, this is fucking real life Hari Seldon crisis and we have to act now to diminish the worst effects of this since it's now no longer fully avoidable.
>>
File: retallack.png (35KB, 740x307px) Image search: [Google]
retallack.png
35KB, 740x307px
>>133215058
I think when you actually take a look, you'll find that the point about a current mass extinction event is pretty uncontroversial among paleontologists and life scientists in general.

This comes mostly from the observation that most of the mass extinction events in Earth history were associated with climatic changes.

The end-Permian event was essentially an apocalyptic global warming event
>>
>>133215477
this is for v3.3
do you have it for the newest AMSU version 4?
>>
the summer sucks so far, where the fuck is that global warming these liberals get so excited about?
>>
>>133192705
Don't be Jew nigger, carbon tax only hurt round eye. China win cuz you faggit pussy bitch
>>
Please can one of you science goys tell me the point of spending trillions of dollars to possibly cool the planet by 1/10th of a degree when it's possible that one of the worlds supervolcanoes will errupt within the next 100 years and spew out more C02 and toxic gas that humanity ever could and kill all life as we know it. I mean if you want to live in a hut and shit in a bucket in order to fight climate terrorism go right ahead.
>>
File: begoodgoyforme.gif (292KB, 1004x1006px) Image search: [Google]
begoodgoyforme.gif
292KB, 1004x1006px
>>133192654
i wouldve got away with it too, if it wasnt for you meddling kids
>>
>>133216017

Because one boils down to basically chance and the other is nearly an absolute certainty to cripple human life within a century.
>>
>>133215720
We had snow on 1st of June this summer.
>>
>>133216266

Weather =/= climate.
>>
>>133200394
>Carbon dioxide levels and pollution are demonstrably to blame.
What caused every other cooling/warming period in earth's history? Does it involve fossil fuels?
>>
>>133216337
>Climate is the statistics of weather
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate

Arguing in /pol/ has become really boring.
>>
>>133216200
Within a century? So we're already fucked then. The whole point of these climate accords is to try and reduce emissions to a level that would possibly reduce warming by fractions of a degree within the century. Putting up more solar panels and wind turbines isn't going to solve that. Either we take it seriously and kill everyone who isn't white or asian and switch to nuclear power or shut up about it.
>>
>>133201495
>the white paper was not published in a peer-reviewed journal because it obviously would not withstand scrutiny by scientific experts.
Does it matter where it is published, so long as it can be reviewed by people with knowledge?
Does this not count because of its location of initial publication? Seems like they are already trying to explain this away.
>>
>>133216434

>http://www.noaa.gov/explainers/what-s-difference-between-climate-and-weather
>>
>>133216425
at least for the case of the Cenozoic (which is the most well-studied era and the one of which there exists the most finely resolved geologic record), long-lived atmospheric constituents (i.e. CO2) were by far the largest driving factor
>>
>>133216564
>Weather and climate describe the same thing
Yea, that's what wiki says too. But feel free to sperg with =/= if it makes you feels smarter, yawn.
>>
>>133192368
>dailywire

kys
>>
>>133194051
>thsresearch
>.files.wordpress

hahahahahahaa
>>
>>133216767

Describing and individual instance like "it snowed the first day of June" isn't describing a pattern of weather, it's describing a singular event.
>>
>>133215030

Maybe if India learned to poo in the loo sooner. But yeah, dumping countless tonnes of fecal matter into the ocean is not going to cause any problems whatsoever. Dinosaurs failed because they didn't invent shit. Humanity is on the brink of failure because we keep giving safe harbor to dinosaur-equivalents due to muh feels 'n sheeeeiiit.
>>
>>133212187
>turn the world away from god/gods
>pay(sacrifice) to the new overlords in place of god/gods to change the weather

they almost got away with it
>>
>>133192368
Oh one short paper invalidates all the countless other research, be skeptical, http://variable-variability.blogspot.co.nz/2017/07/NOAA-NASA-Hadley-CRU-Global-Average-Surface-Temperature-Data-EPA-CO2-Endangerment-Finding-best-project.html?m=1
>>
It was real in my mind goy
>>
>>133216550
It has more validity if it is published as they have tough standards to get in, and this paper makes pretty big claims
>>
>>133216550
Yes, that is EXACTLY what it is saying, that NO reputable SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL woulkd accept it for review, because it is misleading PROPAGANDA, not Science.
tl;dr blog pages are not documented journals
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-11-22-49-24.png (230KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-11-22-49-24.png
230KB, 720x1280px
Also not peer reviewed.
>>
WOAAAH a biased media source without any real quantifiable values or a direct link to the paper. What a bombshell discovery, this definitely overturns the last several decades of climate change research ... you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1498463370641m.jpg (161KB, 801x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498463370641m.jpg
161KB, 801x1024px
>>133192368
Al Gore is lying to the public. He knows the sole reason for global warming on Earth and many other planets in our solar system is due to the inbound Planet X (Nibiru).
>>
>>133192705
>protect the planet
From what? Increased rainfall, arable land, CO2 for respiration, and temperatures? Yes, being able to farm in both the Middle East and Siberia will have disastrous consequences I'm sure. Carbon is not the enemy, particulates and non-degradable pollution is, and THAT's what we should be punishing, not a process that increases the max biomass of agriculture for future generations.
>>
>>133204870
It's well known that a peer-reviewed article will publish anything that agrees with current stances. If they take risks on new and interesting science, their "impact" takes a hit.
>>
>>133208763
You don't read many scientific publications do you? Most scientists are absolutely awful with graphic design, because they are busy with other interests.
>>
>>133194011
I've been saying this for months once I found out. Glad someone else is aware of it
>>
>>133219644

What the hell are you talking about? The Middle East will be entirely uninhabitable if this progresses much further. And increased release of carbon dioxide as well as other greenhouse gases only contribute to the warming of those areas. You have NO idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>133192705
carbon taxes are about as useful as shoes on a snake
>>
>>133212350
No, hitler massively increased German Carbon footprint by industrializing on a massive scal. He planted many trees and made national parks though. You must care about nature, but your own people come first. If your enemy will defeat you by destroying nature, then you must try to do the same.
>>
>>133192368

just look up who invented the term fossil fuels and you know this whole thing is obvious bullshit invented by a snake oil salesman named Rockefeller
>>
>>133192705
>fuck off we need to protect the planet, and the temps dont even matter
>carbon taxes are the best step to protecting us

no cleaning up Fukushima is the best step to protect us

we need 6 submarines are you ready to die to fix this problem?
>>
>>133220293

HItler discovered that oil isn't a fossil fuel it's microbial life form

Rockefeller funded the research that calls oil a fossil fuel so you will be willing to pay more for it thinking it will run out

hasn't run out yet, and it won't ever
>>
>not a valid representation of reality
Indeed, such a creative wording for "lie" or "fake"
>>
>>133192368
Fake news
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/
>>
>>133214373
It's cold because it's warm, racist.
>>
>>133215608
>The end-Permian event was essentially an apocalyptic global warming event
And the capitalist countries caused that one, too...with their super-secret time-travel technology!!!
>>
>>133224039
do you think playing dumb counts as a persuasive argument?
>>
>>133192495
So... Catholicism?
>>
>>133208291
>propaganda spins the stats claiming 97% of all scientists agree, when it was .001% of surveyed scientists responding affirmatively to a single question to a survey with loaded questions
I truly wonder what question #2 was...
>>
File: climate.jpg (54KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
climate.jpg
54KB, 500x333px
Reminder that you are all retarded and climate change is real, no matter how many insignificant studies say otherwise.
>>
>>133204400
Which would require a feedback loop (where increased CO2 level causes more CO2 to be released) that is based on an incorrectly applied mathematical function.
>>
>>133211679
He's a corrupt piece of shit that whored himself out to the highest bidder
That's how life works, dipshit
>>
>>133227221
>That's how life works, dipshit
ya, just not for ((((climate scientists)))), amirite?

>He's a corrupt piece of shit that whored himself out to the highest bidder
there wasnt actually any mention of that in the wiki article, you have another? or is this your conspiracy theory?
>>
>>133212444
>this one (1) description of one (1) thing that any child can see makes sense about most things most of the time (up until the point that it breaks down)
>therefore GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL AND YOU ARE A RACIST

why is the left so anti-science?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmkHr0W5Vk
>>
>>133227841

Lefties are are incapable of debate, all they can do is scream and name call. which is more impotant than debate in lefty science anyway tbqhfamalam.

>THE SCIENCE IS IN!
>>
>>133214373
I like how it was Global Cooling to Global Warming to now plain and simple Climate Change.
>>
>>133228342
yeah and how they switch on that the northern hemisphere is supposed to be cooling but then all of a sudden it's supposed to be warming and then again cooling. meanwhile our state media says every summer it has been the hottest summer as of yet even tho that's an outright lie.

meanwhile we got all these "experts" online claiming they know the data but can't comprehend media tactics like astroturfing
>>
>>133228342
as long as its Global-

riiiiiiite
>>
>>133192743
hot damn that picture made me spit out my breakfast
>>
>>133227713
You're as much of an embarassement as he is, because it's obvious you have the same lack of intellectual integrity that makes you a good parroting goy in exchange for a paycheck
Corporate whores can kindly shove their bullshit opinions regarding science up their uneducated asses, narcissistic posturing works well when you're surrounded by flat-earth and holocaust denial geniuses, not so much when you have dozens of reports establishing a link between human activity and change in our climate patterns
Since reading also seems to be one of your weak points, I'll highlight for your mongoloid brain in hope you see the link :

Undersigned Agree with the Conclusions of this Report:

Dr. Theodore R. Eck
Ph.D., Economics, Michigan State University
M.A, Economics, University of Michigan
Fulbright Professor of International Economics
Former Chief Economist of Amo
co Corp. and Exxon Venezuela
Advisory Board of the Gas Technology Institute and Energy Intelligence Group

Not suspicious at all
>>
>>133226567
you're wrong
no such requirement or assumption is made
the only feedbacks included in this estimate are "fast" ones like cloud albedo, sea ice extent and tropospheric water vapor.
CO2 outgassing isn't included anywhere
>>
>>133228342
you must be brainwashed by gonald glumpf
>>
>>133228546
oh and their boogeyman the oil companies are partly funding both sides and mostly agree with what the political class does with the attained knowledge. like with the paris climate accord which has backing from exxon and shell
>>
Do climate cultists ever get tired of losing?
>>
File: snow.jpg (231KB, 718x854px) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
231KB, 718x854px
oy vey
>>
>>133228546
you heard about this one right?

>global warming activated the super cunty sponge effect causing sea levels to fall while the icecaps and greenland glaciers were totally btfo

https://archive.fo/kDeKn

>THE SCIENCE IS IN!
>>
>>133228760
suspicion is not science
>>
>>133228947
>no snow = loss of British culture
>no Brits = progress and cultural enrichment
This is your brain on Marxism and climate occultism.
>>
>>133228760
>muh oil execs are ebil
>now listen to these green energy investors aka real scientists
>>
File: 1476200107021.jpg (59KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476200107021.jpg
59KB, 686x960px
>>133193793
Source on UN-chan?

Have a free Satori.
>>
>>133229021
You don't know, and never will know what science is chump. Playing skeptic whenever you don't understand or can't be bothered to look something up isn't scientific, it's retarded and it's the only thing you've done so far

You might as well give your opinion on yak herding you stupid nigger
>>
>>133192368
>daily wire
Got a better source than that?
>>
>>133229389
I dont know why you're calling me a nigger. carbon credits are just welfare for africa, its your shit retard system letting niggers nigg
gg faggot
btfo
>>
>>133229160
Care to look up the average revenue of oil companies compared to renewable energy ones ?
Remind me the last time countries went to war for solar panels or wind turbines you fucking cretin
>>
>>133229658
Thank you for proving once again libertarians are the biggest posers regarding economic knowledge
Try calling me a jew or a communist next time, that'll give you more credibility
>>
>>133229828
>get taxed for using energy
>get credits for being austere
>doesnt that niggers nigg REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
you cant really be this dumb
>>
>>133229828
now that were talking about big money, how much do you think the merchants shilling carbon credits are making?
>>
File: IMG_2541.png (32KB, 630x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2541.png
32KB, 630x620px
>>133192743
Stop using my picture
>>
File: 1498025998444.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1498025998444.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>133195254
>If you disagree please provide a mechanism in which pumping incredible amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere won't increase global temperature.
>implying there are such ""incredible"" amounts
Are you seriously appealing to "how atoms work" and "QM" to make us believe you have any credibility? The burden of proof is on you, credible man.
>>
>>133219836
This. Usually its up to the journal to make it pretty, but in this case it is self published.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.