[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leftist Memes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 1478895182969.png (535KB, 511x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478895182969.png
535KB, 511x522px
Conventional wisdom round here holds that leftist memes are cursed to be unfunny. Explain why, and use an example.
>>
>>133185679
>>
File: 1499743066209.jpg (175KB, 586x799px) Image search: [Google]
1499743066209.jpg
175KB, 586x799px
>>
File: m4kp2w1r3wwy.jpg (196KB, 1242x1797px) Image search: [Google]
m4kp2w1r3wwy.jpg
196KB, 1242x1797px
>>133186475

heres your (you)
>>
File: 1497535380986m.jpg (56KB, 1024x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497535380986m.jpg
56KB, 1024x527px
>>
>>133185679
this is pretty accurate >>133186716

But leftists can't be funny. They take everything so god damn serious that they are incapable of laughing at a joke.
>>
>>133186716

my suspicion is that leftists cant into memes because there is a sort of inbred relationship between the identity of the poster and the message conveyed by the meme. if your identity can be obliterated by 'stepping out of bounds' then there can be no real quality control, and everyone claps their hands and horks like circus seals, like an audience's laugh cue on the set of the daily show
>>
>>133186614
Not sure what the hell that has to do with my post but go for it dude. Be free.
>>
File: 1495805088089.jpg (94KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
1495805088089.jpg
94KB, 600x532px
>>133187521
The echo chamber they surround themselves in doesn't allow for any creative originality.

Here however, someone posts something funny and it catches on. Good ideas get reposted and shitty ones fall into the abyss. Liberals prefer places where the user base is acticely pruned until they're basically a room filled with people who parrot the same opinions. Since everything g is strictly watched and controlled, nothing can organically develope or circulate as fast as they do here.

It boils down to the fact that /pol/ doesn't shy away from offensive humor, whereas liberals can't offend anyone.
>>
Dunno about others but American leftists certainly aren't funny.

Theory is that our leftists come out from our founding in result of the English Civil War and the Puritans rather than the French Revolution and the materialist egalitarianism of the European left. We were literally founded as a spiritual retreat and commune and were not a people tied to the land and ancestors.

So the left in America wants to name the sinner, confess the sins in a communal sense, and finds the worst sin - and worst punishment - to be exclusion from the community.

So you get all this crap that's supposed to make you feel guilty about helping your own because you excluded whoever, tied to a call to exclude you for being a h8r or whatever. And its really because you're going against the Blue Church.

And its no wonder they're not funny since evangelists aren't either.
>>
the original American Right btw was spawned from the ECW as well, but the Cavaliers and Loyalists. Most were Southrons and many went to Canada after the Revolution. Their humor is different again from the modern American Right, more intellectual or more class based, depending. Like how Southrons dig with Bless your heart or She tries so hard.
>>
>>133185679
do your own homework.
>>
Because humor is a spoo-
Wait...
>>
>>133189709

I am.

>>133188877
>Theory is that our leftists come out from our founding in result of the English Civil War and the Puritans

Someone's been reading Moldbug.

>And its no wonder they're not funny since evangelists aren't either.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that, but I should have. The Left is stale and sinking to a point where you can no longer reliably spot the difference between what is a parody and what is genuine.

It sort of reminds me of that one televangelist who got caught doing meth with male prostitutes.
>>
>>133188527
>It boils down to the fact that /pol/ doesn't shy away from offensive humor, whereas liberals can't offend anyone.

Right, but I suspect that what makes /pol/, and by extension 4chan, a mass generator of memes is that the anonymous format acts as a sort of selection pressure. What is good gets repeated regardless of who said it, what is bad gets forgotten or recycled and re-purposed.
>>
File: 1452450649852.jpg (76KB, 954x722px) Image search: [Google]
1452450649852.jpg
76KB, 954x722px
>>133185679
Leftists can't make jokes without coming off as smug pieces of shit. Since they've been smug pieces of shit, forever, and popularized in mainstream media by John (((Leibowitz))) on the daily show. Their memes aren't so funny because we've been exposed to them for 50 years.

Example: When trump was talking shit to Hillary Clinton she just simply said "Delete Your Account". People on her side laughed and talked about how Donald was roasted. But all she did was make a statement (not a pun) and attempt to dictate what was appropriate to say on a platform that was essentially constructed for talking shit.
>>
>>133190871
>When trump was talking shit to Hillary Clinton she just simply said "Delete Your Account".

While I enjoyed Trumps response, I thought he would have been better off simply responding with "no."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.