[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on Napoleon Bonaparte?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

What is your opinion on Napoleon Bonaparte?
>>
>>133170443
The last great Frenchman.

A little too liberal for my liking, though.
>>
>>133170572
To clarify, yes I know he wasn't born in France. You know what I mean.
>>
>>133170443
Greatest military tactician OF-ALL-TIME
>>
File: gaulle.jpg (16KB, 242x276px) Image search: [Google]
gaulle.jpg
16KB, 242x276px
>>133170443
>>133170572

Not as good as pic related.
>>
>>133170742
yup only one who defeated the russian in Moscow
>>
File: images (2).jpg (17KB, 346x424px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
17KB, 346x424px
>>133170742
Not as good as pic related
>>
>>133171240
Napoleon praised Fredrick as the best every and studied his every move.

Napoleon himself believed that if Fredrick were alive, Napoleon would not be.

That being said, I would still give napoleon the edge , if only because he had the added benifit of having studied Fredrick and implementing many of his tactics along with his own.

Here are some interesting quotes on the comparison.
“The battle of Leuthen is a masterpiece of movements, manoeuvres and resolution. Alone it is sufficient to immortalise Frederick and place him in the ranks of the greatest generals. All his manoeuvres at this battle are in conformity with the principles of war.”
-Napoleon

"neither will modern history furnish more exact parallels, since Gustavus Adolphus, Frederick the Great,
Cromwell, Washington..."
-Editors of Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne about Napoleon

"One should always be the first to attack."
-Napoleon
compare to
"Always have as your goal to transform the war into an offensive on your part as soon as the occasion presents itself. All your maneuvers must lead toward this end."
-Frederick the Great

"Frederick's deeds, as a general were more extraordinary then those of the French emperor, because he bore up longer against greater odds"
-Sir Archibald Alison

"It is the highest praise of Napoleon to say, that he did in one campaign—his last and greatest—what Frederick had continued to do for six"
-Sir Archibald Alison

"[Robert E.] Lee learned a great deal from Napoleon, but he also understood the philosophy of the men listed, for they won while facing tremendous odds. Napoleon lost when he should have won."
-Professor Ernest Butner

"We may say that he elects to be tried by the standard of Frederick the Great. He does not profess to observe the morality of ordinary men; as Frederick frankly maintains that for the public good treaties may be broken, so Napoleon will break any engagement and violate any law for the public good. "
-Mirabeau
1 of 2
>>
>>133170443
Balding manlet.
>>
>>133173093

"As many as a quarter million Prussians died in uniform, to say nothing of civilian losses. Provinces were devastated, people scattered, the currency debased. The social contract of the Prussian state—service and loyalty in return for stability and protection—was broken.
Despite such costs, Frederick always makes the short list of history’s great captains."
-Dennis Showalter

"Sir, you are an army—we are a traveling whorehouse,"
-Captured French soldier to his Prussian captor

"While short on rations and racked by dysentery and respiratory diseases, it neither exploded in mutiny nor dissolved in desertion. The following summer, many of the same men took part in a month’s worth of forced marches that saw many stragglers but few deserters."
-Dennis Showalter about the Prussian army

"The next day, one of the Emperor's aides-de-camp suddently arrived with news of the horrible distresses and disasters which had befallen the troops in the rear. Napoleon knew it all, from the deserters who were continually passing"
-Richard Henry Horne

"The Gauls were not conquered by the Roman legions, but by Caesar. It was not before the Carthaginian soldiers that Rome was made to tremble, but before Hannibal. It was not the Macedonian phalanx which reached India, but Alexander. It was not the French army that reached Weser and the Inn; it was Turenne. Prussia was not defended for seven years against the three most formidable European powers by the Prussian soldiers but by Frederick the Great."
-Napoleon

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity."
-Frederick the Great, Patton's favorite quote

"Gentlemen, if this man were still alive I would not be here"
-Napoleon about Frederick the Great
>>
>>133170443
He destroyed Western Civilization
>>
>>133170443
Great guy. Needed him more.
>>
File: Friedrich_ii_campenhausen.jpg (3MB, 1755x2231px) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich_ii_campenhausen.jpg
3MB, 1755x2231px
>>133173093
>>133173174
I enjoyed reading this, thanks
>>
Manlet
>>
literal cuckold ;)
>>
File: napoleon1.jpg (38KB, 418x500px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon1.jpg
38KB, 418x500px
“I know men; and I tell you that Jesus Christ is not a man. Superficial minds see a resemblance between Christ and the founders of empires, and the gods of other religions. That resemblance does not exist. There is between Christianity and whatever other religions the distance of infinity. Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me. Between Him and whoever else in the world, there is no possible term of comparison. He is truly a being by Himself. His ideas and sentiments, the Truth which He announces, His manner of convincing, are not explained either by human organization of by the ordinary nature of things. The nearer I approach, the more carefully I examine, everything is above me - everything remains grand, of a grandeur which overpowers. His religion is a revelation from an intelligence which is certainly not that of man. One can absolutely find nowhere, but in Him alone, the imitation or the example of His life. I search in vain through history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything which can approach the gospel. Neither history, nor humanity, nor the ages, nor nature, offer me anything with which I am able to compare or explain it. Here everything is extraordinary.” … Napoleon Bonaparte

http://www.stempublishing.com/magazines/bt/BT17/1889_319_Napoleons_Testimony.html
https://poptop.hypermart.net/testnapb.html
http://the-american-catholic.com/2008/12/28/napoleon-on-christ/
http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/myredeemer/Evidencep17.html
http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/the-worldwide-legacy-of-napoleon-bonaparte/
>>
File: napoleon2.jpg (33KB, 359x437px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon2.jpg
33KB, 359x437px
"Well then, I will tell you. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires; but upon what did these creations of our genius depend? Upon force. Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions will die for Him. . . . I think I understand something of human nature; and I tell you, all these were men, and I am a man; none else is like Him: Jesus Christ was more than a man. . . . I have inspired multitudes with such an enthusiastic devotion that they would have died for me . . . but to do this is was necessary that I should be visibly present with the electric influence of my looks, my words, of my voice. When I saw men and spoke to them, I lightened up the flame of self-devotion in their hearts. . . . Christ alone has succeeded in so raising the mind of man toward the unseen, that it becomes insensible to the barriers of time and space. Across a chasm of eighteen hundred years, Jesus Christ makes a demand which is beyond all others difficult to satisfy; He asks for that which a philosopher may often seek in vain at the hands of his friends, or a father of his children, or a bride of her spouse, or a man of his brother. He asks for the human heart; He will have it entirely to Himself. He demands it unconditionally; and forthwith His demand is granted. Wonderful! In defiance of time and space, the soul of man, with all its powers and faculties, becomes an annexation to the empire of Christ. All who sincerely believe in Him, experience that remarkable, supernatural love toward Him. This phenomenon is unaccountable; it is altogether beyond the scope of man's creative powers. Time, the great destroyer, is powerless to extinguish this sacred flame; time can neither exhaust its strength nor put a limit to its range. This is it, which strikes me most; I have often thought of it. This it is which proves to me quite convincingly the Divinity of Jesus Christ." ... Testimony at St. Helena - Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
File: french_revolution_redpill.png (123KB, 1302x580px) Image search: [Google]
french_revolution_redpill.png
123KB, 1302x580px
>>133170443
Destroyed Western Civilization - men and the worst until this day - the spread of liberalism and nationalism and other values of the French Revolution contributing to the decline of W. Civilization.
>>
Military genius, politically savvy, genuinely believed in the values of the enlightenment, but at the same time was corrupted by power, hence he named himself emporer, got too greedy invading Russia, his strategy to counter Britain failed completely, but at the same time he managed to accomplish WAY more than he should have been able to.
>>
>>133170647
his place of birth is Ajaccio, Corsica a French island
>>
File: easter.png (577KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
easter.png
577KB, 480x720px
He cucked the revolutionaries (aka the fedoras of the ""enlightenment""). He's a good man.
>>
>>133174388
Glad you enjoyed it.
Also checked.
>>
>>133170960

gaulle was an opportunist who piggie backed off other's successes.
>>
>>133170443
Created nationalism and the modern nation state.
Good boy dindu nuffin except invading Russia.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.