[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interracial adoption statistics (are there any?)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Transracial-Adoption.jpg (115KB, 430x250px) Image search: [Google]
Transracial-Adoption.jpg
115KB, 430x250px
So the TL;DR is, I've been looking around online for statistics on which percentage of races adopt other races and cannot really find anything.

Here's the story:

So I was listening to NPR about this black lady who was adopted by white people. Basically the thesis of her argument was "I never felt like I got the kind of black 'cultural' upbringing and felt marginalized by my adoptive parents." Sure, she tried to hedge that message with lots of "of course I loved them," and "they just saw me as their daughter," but the message was pretty clear, her being raised by white people somehow diminished her "blackness" and when she was around a majority black population she felt "seen" (she of course related a handful of unrelated racist events in her life to support her feelings).

This made me wonder, if being adopted by a white family and raised by white parents, in a white community, diminished her black racial identity, would the same happen to white kids adopted and raised by blacks in black communities.

And then I started wondering: exactly how many black kids, percentage wise, are adopted by fully white families, and (more importantly) vice versa.

Aside from the (overblown) articles of a black celebrity adopting white kids, and a few anecdotal stories, I could not really find hard numbers on this. I wonder if /pol/ can work it's collective magic on this.

Ultimately, I just feel like, if you're going to bash your adoptive parents for not giving you the 'black' experience you wanted (but who simultaneously saved you from an obvious life of poverty) maybe you should look at your community and ask why they aren't doing more?
>>
>>133128019

Self bump since I think this is a criminally under-analyzed topic.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>133128019
Whites raised by blacks turn out great. Pic related.
>>
>>133128734
Great movie
>>
>>133128859
"I was born a poor black child."

In all seriousness I doubt non-whites adopt Whites in any considerable capacity. I know I've never seen it personally.
>>
>>133128400

>Be a half-Kenyan born in Kenya to a white mother
>Be raised by my white grandparents because my dad is being kind of an ultranigger and they ship me to hawaii at age ten
>Grandparents clearly view me as their own blood, which is cool of them since I look very black
>One day, grandpa hears me say the word "nigga" because I heard it at school and thought that's what black people say
>Granddad sits me down and explains that no white man is EVER is going to take me seriously if I talk jive to them
>Tells me that being interracial puts me in kind of a shitty spot in this society because I can either be accepted by everybody, or nobody
>He explains to me the value of "playing the game" and being able to construct a complete sentence to make it seem to whites like I'm "one of the good ones"
>Tells me I can talk all my jive street bullshit with my black friends if I really want the black experience and their support in my endeavors
>But then grandpop goes on to tell me that my black friends have a lot of problems they won't fix because they're stuck with this idea that everything is your granddad's fault and won't accept another explanation except for "dass rayciss"
>Tells me that if i really want to help people, I need to play both sides and run for office
>Tells me I should start going by "Barry" even though I have a wierd Kenyan name
>I do all of this
>I become a lawyer
>I become senator in a state I'm not even from because blacks and whites trust me
>I become president
>I listen to Jay-z and smoke pot in the oval office
>MFW I thank granddad errday
>>
>>133129069

And that's exactly it. I've never seen anything except anecdotal stories. There's like one Quora question asking this, and the top answer is from someone who actually was on the team adopting children to parents, and even they could not provide a study, or hard statistics on this.

Below that, there was this long winded answer, that cited the same, tired, four articles about kids raised by black families.

I just have to believe the numbers are out there, and if they are, why aren't they being looked at?

If the white man is so good at keeping blacks down, why are we raising their kids at a higher rate than them, giving them opportunities to make something of themselves, then obediently accepting their ire because they didn't get "the black experience"?
>>
>>133129999 (checked)

The impression I get is that white guilt, and the lack of an analogue in other races is at play here.
>>
>>133130372
>>133129999
Checked.
>Below that, there was this long winded answer, that cited the same, tired, four articles about kids raised by black families.
This is similar to the "rising wave" of republicans against Trump: It's always going to be a McCain or Graham quote as evidence.
The hard uncomfortable truth of the matter is that whites care way more about blacks, and every other race, than those races care about whites.
You *never* see a significant number of arabs wring their hands about their various conquests.
>>
>>133130372
>>133130921

The theory of guilt and a lack of analogue I think is absolutely the point, which is why I think having these adoption statistics is such an important thing.

Anyway, I'll keep digging, I think there is something here, I just don't fully know how it fits into the bigger social strata yet.
>>
Bump because it is interesting and I am too lazy to look up the statistics.
But I am going to guess that whites adopt blacks at a higher rate than blacks adopt other blacks when corrected for adopting family members.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.