[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just became a Celtic Druid

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (24KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 620x330px
More of us need to get back in touch with our old religions. They are our native religions and the ones we should be practicing. Christianity is a religion that should have stayed within the confines of the Middle East it is not our religion at all. We need to go back to our roots in order to rejuvenate ourselves.

Tell me?

Worship a Semitic man on a Cross
Or worship the gods of your native lands?
>>
>>133119047
Underrated OP
>>
You're fucking autistic
>>
>>133119314
''The followers of Christ always laughed and they always judged, but we never retaliated for we knew they were lost to the false god, without ears to the gods who truly loved them''
>>
File: drui.jpg (20KB, 236x332px) Image search: [Google]
drui.jpg
20KB, 236x332px
LISTEN CHILDREN OF THE FALSE GOD, LISTEN NOW TO THE VOICES OF THE OLD ONES! THE MOTHER SPIRITS AND THE FATHER GODS WHO CALL TO THEIR CHILDREN TO RETURN TO THEM, TO ENTER THEIR LOVING EMBRACE, COME BACK TO ME!
>>
Aren't druids the priests of celtic paganism? Anyway, good on you. I agree.
>>
File: good.jpg (1MB, 1280x1464px) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
1MB, 1280x1464px
>>133119047
>Worship a Semitic man on a Cross
>Or worship the gods of your native lands?
Neither.
>>
>>133119047
Give me some arguments in favour of polytheism.

>>133119876
>larping this hard
Stop it. Now answer my question.
>>
>>133119047

This must be bait as anyone who calls themselves druid unironically is a retard.

Druids were far worse than the chistians who put the bards to the blade. Druids despised writing and did not allow anyone out of their power circles to "get in touch"

Celtic Christianity is the only true way for the common cymric who respects himself and has some backbone.
>>
>>133122499
This guy knows what's up. There are parts of Wales that have Christians from like the 5th century that I've visited personally.
>>
>reads yeats once
>>
>>133122202
>>133122202
It's not that polytheism is specifically very good, just that it's a viable alternative to Christianity, which is bad. The moral values put forward by the New Testament are tantamount to proto-leftism. I'd go as far as to say that modern day liberalism is the logical conclusion of the Christian morality. The only thing that kept Europe based for so long was the holdover of values and traditions from pre-Christian pagans, specifically German and Roman traditions that were co-opted by the Catholic Church in a syncretism to help spread the religion.

I mean fuck, the very idea of a centralized church like the Catholic Church is roman in origin. Of course with the rise of Protestantism you have the full embracing of true New Testament Christian values. It makes sense that ideas of liberalism, universal human rights, and Marxism followed. I'll assume you're Muslim based on the flag, so your answer to all of this is probably to just agree with my views of Christianity and then say "well why not become a Muslim?"

I don't have a problem with the basis of Islamic values. It puts an emphasis on strength over weakness and a preservation of natural roles, even Hitler saw this. However when you get to the bare bones of it, Islam is a fundamentally Arab religion, ie non-Western. Sticking with Christianity might mean physically losing control of the West, but converting to Islam means voluntarily giving up the West to be absorbed and assimilated into Arab culture. That is not an option.
>>
File: 1411203165570.png (714KB, 757x451px) Image search: [Google]
1411203165570.png
714KB, 757x451px
>>133119047
Nice.
>>
>>133122202
Polytheism is the natural worldview of all peoples, including the Jews. The modern idea of god descends from a Hebrew pantheon in which god had a wife named Asherah, and there were several other gods. Ultimately, the entirety of existence is one interconnected (and in a polytheistic view, sacred) thing, as is recognized in the Hindu Brahma and the corresponding god, Brahmin (I think I got that right), but it is useful to divide the divinity so people can focus on serving different aspects of divinity that suit them most. A man who wishes to be strong and live a more "humble" life as the protector of his family and people should model himself after Thor (not entirely of course), because Thor is an exemplar of those qualities. Such a man wouldn't be as interested in following Odin, who is a model for a more intellectual and callous person, or Frigga, the goddess of wives. Monotheism in theory tries to consolidate all aspects of the divine into one figure, and it doesn't work, nuance is lost in the process and recognition of the world and people as sacred as well, in the case of the Hebrew god.
>>
>>133119047
>I just became a Celtic Druid
How?
>>
>>133123616
Not an argument for polytheism, though.
I can see how you might think what you said, but I'd personally disagree. I like Orthodoxy, tbqh.

Not Muslim, I cycle between different ones.

>>133123970
These aren't arguments to support the validity of polytheism, though. Even then, I'm sure Jews would argue against Asherah as an aberration and misunderstanding, at a guess.

I'm after intellectual arguments for it over monotheism. The closest is that the entirety of existence is one interconnected (and sacred) thing - but this is little different from monotheism, or, with the latter, pantheism or panentheism.
>>
File: 1487548017931.jpg (84KB, 472x690px) Image search: [Google]
1487548017931.jpg
84KB, 472x690px
>>133122202
>Give me some arguments in favour of polytheism.
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Against_the_Galileans
>>
File: 425a_BookOfKells_ETBD.jpg (2MB, 945x1407px) Image search: [Google]
425a_BookOfKells_ETBD.jpg
2MB, 945x1407px
>>133119047
Druids were wiped out by Roman pagans faggot. Your Irish ancestors converted willingly, and they contributed a lot to Christian culture
>>
>>133124333
Orthodox will fall for the same reasons that Catholicism fell. Maybe at present it's the better of the Christian branches, but any religion that holds the New Testament as the word of God will birth liberalism and leftism. I'm not really pro-polytheism, but I don't see any other viable non-Abrahamic alternatives.
>>
File: catholic.jpg (51KB, 530x546px) Image search: [Google]
catholic.jpg
51KB, 530x546px
>>133124845
2000 years past and we are still here lol
>>
>>133119047
>>133119638
Do you believe in your gods?
>>
>>133119047
Well done, now you can believe in anything you like as the protestants.
>>
>>133124501
So far this isn't very convincing. When does it get... good? I'm on about verse 115.

>>133124845
Personally I don't think this is likely, though I'd like to know why you think this.
>>
>>133124845
>but any religion that holds the New Testament as the word of God will birth liberalism and leftism
How?
Those things came explicitly from a quasi modern aristocratic class who divorced themselves from God, King, and Country. It was exacerbated by the economic upheaval that came with the industrial revolution.
Stop blaming gods for the failures of men
>>
>>133125532
>So far this isn't very convincing. When does it get... good?
About halfway down or so. It's not as good as it could be because after Julian died a lot of his best criticisms of the Christians were burned by them lel. I don't know, I think it's a pretty good critique all in all.
>>
>>133125371

I know the truth of both the gods with a little g and the One True God.

Not your false Monotheism where you choose one of the gods to be your Lord.

I am talking about the Unknowable God. The Aeon of Aeons.

Your gods are only Archons.
>>
>>133125815
Just arrived at verse 305. Not really impressed just yet, still. But it seems like it's just a polemic against, say, Jesus and some stuff against Judaism. It doesn't argue for polytheism that I've seen, or even argue against monotheism.

>>133125931
Explain.
>>
>>133119047
Go burn leaves elsewhere.
>>
>>133126092
>It doesn't argue for polytheism that I've seen, or even argue against monotheism.
What the fuck? Did you even read it? Go over it again, take your time this time.
>>
So OP will sacrifice humans while praying to a rock penis. I guess that's the /pol/ way now.
>>
>>133126277
Yes, I did. Its arguments weren't what I was expecting. I wasn't impressed with any of them, like the "appeal to diversity of peoples" early on.

I was kind of hoping for, you know, arguments like "appeal to x/y/z".
>>
There is no continuity between modern "pagan revival" practices and the indigenous beliefs of the celts, germans, gauls, or whatever other European pagans you want to mention. Like it or not, almost all information about what celts actually believed was destroyed during christianization. Some beliefs and practices may have survived as folk superstitions and christianized tales, but thats it.
What you are really worshipping is a made up amalgam of shit that 19th century Romantics pulled out of their ass, blended with New-Age hippie bullshit, and the tiniest amount of what can be extrapolated from scholarly study of celtic religious practices.
>>
>>133122202
>Give me some arguments in favour of polytheism
Many Gods which partake of the same source we all do solves the question of evil and power. Ie the source is all powerful and amoral and Gods are good or evil
>>
>>133125931
But do you believe in them?
>>
>>133119047
Turn into a bird or you're bullshit.
>>
>>133119047
?
The vast majority of info on ancient Irish religion is lost my man. Practically all of the druids teachings were never recorded and eventually died out, and you somehow hold this hidden knowledge of our old religion? Don't make me fucking laugh mo chara.
>>
File: druids.png (220KB, 380x260px) Image search: [Google]
druids.png
220KB, 380x260px
>>133119047
How can you become something you know nothing about. The last of the Druids were slaughtered in Anglesey thousands of years ago. You are not a Druid, there are no more Druids. There can never be anymore Druids. Druid culture is lost, Druid knowledge is lost, it's all gone because they never wrote anything down. It's like an Italian saying he is a Roman Centurion. You can prance around Stonehenge all you like but you will only ever be pretending.
>>
>>133126817
But then it's a case of: where did that source come from in the first place? And so on.

I don't have an issue with an amoral God, gods, or of evil. Never have, for some reason.
>>
>>133126092
Ephesians 6:12

>>For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

The Archons are the Rulers. The word means Lord. Like a King, they are seen as these principalities of darkness.

The Chief Archon or the First Ruler is the Demiurge.

This is all straight out of Gnostic Tradition and the Nag Hammadi Library tells us about these Archons which are a creation of the Aeons. And all the Aeons are Emanations of the One.

They come from the Pleroma, the True Fathers Realm.

Gnostics say that the Demiurge claims to be the creator and is essentially the Lord of the Garden from the OT.

Described as a Blind, Ignorant and Jealous god.
>>
>>133126584
I think he did a pretty good job using that to explain how Yahweh is a middle eastern tribal god. Then when he went on to show how the christians, of the time at least, were either a heretical offshoot of judaism, or ignored the old laws altogether and just made shit up even against the teachings of the disciples.
>>
>>133126899

I accpet that they are real, but that does not mean that I follow or worship these gods.

I only kneel to the Creator of All that Is.

And our Universe is more then just the Material Realm that the Demiurge Lords over. He is the Architect of the Matrix the Black Cube of this 4th dimensional simulation.
>>
>>133127397
Ah, gnosticism.

>>133127449
That's just a genetic fallacy though. It doesn't really make a point even if this were correct.
>>
>>133119047
You're not a druid, you're a faggot playing dress-up.
>>
>>133127257
>It's like an Italian saying he is a Roman Centurion
It's not even like that because we know what a Roman Centurion was like, we know what he did, we know what he believed. We have first person writings and unbiased contemporary accounts of Roman Centurions. We have nothing like that for druids or celts or whoever
>>
File: tumblr_o996jhcaPF1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (218KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o996jhcaPF1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg
218KB, 1280x793px
>>133123616
>The moral values put forward by the New Testament are tantamount to proto-leftism. I'd go as far as to say that modern day liberalism is the logical conclusion of the Christian morality.

In other words you've fallen for the Nietzschean narrative, the same one that Christians have been refuting since it reared its ugly head. Scheler also demolished it in his book Ressentment, and went on to say as that Altruism (i.e. what cucked moderns practice) is an anti-Christian value that stands in stark contrast to classic Christian values.

>I mean fuck, the very idea of a centralized church like the Catholic Church is roman in origin.
Was that supposed to be a secret?

>Of course with the rise of Protestantism you have the full embracing of true New Testament Christian values.
Ah yes of course you think the Protestants are right, it sure makes it easier to dismiss Christianity doesn't it anon? "They interpret the Bible correctly, certainly not the tradionalist Apostolic churches!".

>>133124845
Tolerance is not a Christian value, rather its the result of societal decadence. The Ancient Greeks, during their decadent Epicurean period, had egalitarians, feminists, and so on, where were the cunning Christians then? Roman pagans practiced abortion, race-mixing, and had low fertility rates, but I suppose Christians were somehow behind that as well, right anon?
>>
>>133127590
You should read the rest of it. He goes into Christianity more than judaism 320 onward.
>>
cringe LARP
>>
File: Jana-And-Jinger-Duggar.jpg (47KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
Jana-And-Jinger-Duggar.jpg
47KB, 940x545px
>>133122499
>"B- B- B- BUT MUH MAGIC TREES!
>CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL, WHY ARE YOU STILL A CHRISTIAN?"
>*Drinks seaman*
>"WE DIN DU NUFFIN"
>>
>>133128046
Again, though, it just argues against Christianity.

A few of the claims are dubious:

>has been changed
Earliest sources suggest otherwise. Change isn't that much.

>why don't you follow the Jewish laws
We know why.

>John made this doctrine
[citation needed]
Evidence says no.

>ranting against tombs
Didn't get why.

The whole thing is... eh. He could have asked most of these from a learned priest or bishop at the time.

It just tries to say "Christianity is bad", but I want my religion to be based on something. If this were accurate, for example, it could destroy faith in Christianity but not restore it to polytheism.
>>
File: DBw6v6IXgAEV4FK.jpg (45KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
DBw6v6IXgAEV4FK.jpg
45KB, 500x496px
>>133119047
You are basically LARPing. Real druids died long ago, what we have now is people doing what they think Druids were doing and trying to figure out what they maybe were saying about stuff.

Basically you never know 100% whether what you are doing druidism or making shit up.

Real paganism was heavily rooted in nature. I mean real nature like farming and living off the land. The largest pagan community in UK is in London. They wouldnt be able to plant tomatoes if you paid them.

I am an atheist who is enthusiastic about many aspects of pre-christian philosophy but DnD-tier LARPers raving about a "Kike on a stick" as if they just invented that argument and nobody heard it before are cringeworthy.
>>
File: 1436766076916.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1436766076916.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>>133128541
>It just tries to say "Christianity is bad"
In the beginning to middle he argues for polytheism. Just fucking read the thing in it's entirety. It's so obvious you haven't and just scroll randomly through it and find something you don't agree with.
>>
>>133119047
Well at least your staying true to your roots by following the Celtic Gods, unlike all those larper neopagans who worship the Norse gods even if their ancestors weren't actually Norse.
>>
>>133119047
potatonigger druid
>>
File: map950.gif (14KB, 434x542px) Image search: [Google]
map950.gif
14KB, 434x542px
>>133129095
Didn't you get NORSED?

At least to a degree.
>>
>>133128550
sleep tight saxon
>>
>>133129095
The whole reason behind that is because the PIE deities resemble each other in concept, if not particular stories and secondarily because nearly anyone in the northern European group can be connected to Germanic migrations.

I'd guess about half of the Celtic gods have Norse equivalents.
>>
>>133128841
I did; he just doesn't do a very good job of the arguments.

A lot of it is irrelevant to me, too, so instead of projecting, there's no need. Just calm down. This is why I asked for arguments for polytheism, not what is effectively an unconvincing rant against one/two specific religions

If it was so good, just paste it here.
>>
File: 1479489544941.jpg (2MB, 2500x1685px) Image search: [Google]
1479489544941.jpg
2MB, 2500x1685px
>tfw I like both paganism and christianity because they both cover each other's faults even though they always argue all the time.

>>133124104
Take a nice solid cum bath from a bunch of old men wearing dresses in a stone circle under the full moon.
>>
>>133128550
Basically none of the major religions today, aside from Buddhism or Hinduism, represent close to the origins from where they began. That's especially true when looking at the Protestant split, or the Catholic split from Eastern Orthodoxy, or he Orthodox split from other conjectural texts that might have been around at the time,etc. Religion is just as much an expression of ones self in relation to the external as it is solely about the external.
>>
>>133127262
The source is everything and above time. It does nothing except exist because to act upon something would mean it's not the totality
>>
>>133119047
The only druidic god worth worshipping is cenarius. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>133129380
we kicked thoses pussies out like it was nothings

they lefts very little influence on our genes
>>
>>133123616
This sums up my beliefs quite accurately.
>>
>>133129955
And Bel. And Lugh. Do you mean cernnunos?

Morrigan if you're emo
>>
File: IMG_7537.jpg (143KB, 622x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7537.jpg
143KB, 622x960px
>>133119047
>Semitic Man on a Cross
>Not realizing Catholicism is a Roman Sun Cult and that Yaysuz is really just a decoy to make normies worship the only God in our part of the Universe, Sol Invictus.
>>
>>133129955
*Unsheathes axe*
*Teleports behind your tree*
Zug zug
*Chops it down in a single strike*
*Tips wolf skin*
>>
>>133119047
You won't be able to go on the piss for St paddy's tho laddy buck
>>
>implying druids aren't leftist roleplayers
>>
>>133130380
>Implying you aren't raising my son
>>
>>133130282
'Nothing personnel, shieldmaiden'.
>>
>>133119047
>druid
FOOHS RHOO DAAH!!
GIVE ME YOUR GOLD AND BONEDUST
>>
>>133128841
Looks like you're not here and I have to head off. Maybe I'll catch you another time. I'll read it through more thoroughly later tonight.

Take care.
>>
>>133129380
The Norse pretty much got genocided here
>>
>>133119047
I quite interested in Celtic druids can you provide me a good starting point op, and good job anon I've seen some based people from Ireland
>>
>>133129380
That's true kek. But the Vikings did assimilate into Irish culture and not the other way around.
>>
>>133119876
I'm sorry, I can't worship a deity that keeps telling me to "kill my friends"
>>
>>133129380
>Poland says this
>>
File: based Orthodox monk lancer.jpg (211KB, 464x700px) Image search: [Google]
based Orthodox monk lancer.jpg
211KB, 464x700px
>>133129800
yes also who else gets cavalier monks
>>
>>133131530
Wikipedia has loads of Links to good source material.
>>
File: 1496845562049.jpg (7KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496845562049.jpg
7KB, 320x320px
>>133119047
Or hear me out, become retarded and become a druid

Op is a fag, all religions are retarded
>>
File: vedd.jpg (70KB, 736x792px) Image search: [Google]
vedd.jpg
70KB, 736x792px
>>133119638
Anon, I was in the middle of eating a greas philly cheese steak, but I stumbled upon your post and washed my fat american sausage fingers to make this post.

everyone has a soul, and the soul is a creation by a monotheistic being, I don't care what you say, or what you think, there isn't going to be a thing that changes this, everyone has a soul, end of discussion. the tragedy of the world is that there are active forces in the world whose main goal is to trick people into making people think the soul doesn't exist, and its not a matter of you having a soul, its a matter that you are a soul.

there is a King Soul, which is the Father and source of all creation. and quite frankly Jesus Christ who is this King Soul's son existed before the creation of the universe. the King of every, single, heart, is Jesus Christ, whether you choose to acknowledge it, or not.

>Worship a Semitic man on a Cross
>Or worship the gods of your native lands?

I choose the man that is willing to die for me, and who tells me the truth that I am also a son of the most high God

John 10:34
Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods' ?
Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
>>
File: jewdora.jpg (18KB, 485x500px) Image search: [Google]
jewdora.jpg
18KB, 485x500px
>>133133604
you dropped this
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.